/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question For My Sisters

HIJABI***
03-02-2007, 09:34 AM
:sl: :D
i need to know if wearing make up is allowed??
becoz im a bit confused:grumbling as some have told me you cant and others have said u can
please if u could help me
jazakhallah:okay:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes you can wear makeup as long as it's not water-proof e.g. prevents water reaching your skin when making wudhu/ghusl. And as long as non-mahrams cannot see you. However the Prophet (PBUH) did recommend using khol for it nourishes eyes and eyelashes.

Malaikah
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
:sl:

Just to emphasis the main point from Muslimah_sis's post- wearing make-up out (liek to school/work/the shops), anywhere a man who is not your mahram can see you, is haram!

cihad
03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
whats tha point anyway
i hate make-up anyway...its like youre putting a layer of grimy thing over yourself...gross!

i like to be free of all these chemically stuff
maybe i'm just a boyish girl- but who cares ...not me!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ar-RaYYan
03-03-2007, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
whats tha point anyway
i hate make-up anyway...its like youre putting a layer of grimy thing over yourself...gross!

me too sis i don't like it either, only wear it when its neccessary e.g weddings

Maimunah
03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Yes you can wear makeup as long as it's not water-proof e.g. prevents water reaching your skin when making wudhu/ghusl. And as long as non-mahrams cannot see you. However the Prophet (PBUH) did recommend using khol for it nourishes eyes and eyelashes.
wow i didn't know that:eek: do u have any daleel for that sis:) just to be on the safe side

strider
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
whats tha point anyway

You can get natural makeup too, y'know.

Snowflake
03-03-2007, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
wow i didn't know that:eek: do u have any daleel for that sis:) just to be on the safe side

I've got this excerpt which mentions it sis

● In relation to health and digestion, God’s Messenger recommended:

In eating, apportion a third of your stomach to food, another third to water, and leave the last third empty. The bowl most distasteful to God is a full stomach.24

In another similar hadith, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, also says:

What I fear concerning my community is a large paunch, oversleep, idleness and the lack of certainty.25

All of the points mentioned in the hadith are each an antecedent to or result of the other. A man who spends an idle life of heedlessness with no self-control and self-criticism is apt to get a paunch, which, in turn, causes him to eat more and more. A full belly naturally causes excessive sleeping. Lastly, the one who is addicted to overeating and excessive sleeping will never be able to acquire certainty and deep conviction about the principles of faith. This is the case with most people in today’s world, a fact that provides another decisive proof of the Prophethod of Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings.

● Another Tradition concerning health is as follows:

Treat your eyes with kohl, for it nourishes eyes and eyelashes.26

Many medical authorities state that kohl is useful for the nourishment of eyes and eyelashes.

Another substance, recommended by the Prophet, upon him be peace and blesings, and useful for health as an antibiotic and for its dermatological effect, is henna.27 Henna is better and more effective as an antiseptic and as a sterilizing agent than substances like tincture of iodine.
actually, I've heard this from ever since I can remember. The prophet used to wear khol. I even read the correct way somewhere, which was to apply it before going to bed - so it nourishes the eyes while you sleep.

like most sister's I can't stand make-up but I wouldn't be seen dead without my khol lol

mariah
03-03-2007, 02:29 PM
From what I know, putting make up is allowed buta woman should only expose herself with make up to the men who are her maharam, those whom she is not allowed to marry. Or you can put make-up when you are with women. Here is Saudi Arabia, women use make up especially when they will attend weddings, they are fully made up but they will never expose their faces unless they are with women only inside the wedding halls. These wedding halls are exclusively for women. Once they go out of their houses on their way to the weddings and going back, their faces are fully covered. So if you really want to put make up, you have to cover yourself and expose your face only with women, that is if you have that patience of covering fully, if not and you will expose your face, then make-up is not allowed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.