/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a thought

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 12:30 PM
:salamext:

i know that Allah knows each and every thought we have inside. Also during the seerah of Adam AS i noticed that just for the slight thought of going to shaytaan Allah swt rebuked both Adam and Hawaa AS (According to the lives of the prophets by Awlaki), so i was wondering if we have bad thoughts would we be punished for it if we dont repent though we dont act upon it? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
03-02-2007, 12:34 PM
for thinking of doing something good you get 1 good deed, for actually doing it too you get 10

for thinking of doing a bad deed you don't get any bad deed but if you do it then it is written only as 1

Allah is very Merciful Alhamdu lillah

I hope that helps but otherwise we need to be careful of our thoughts because they influence our actions and reflect our beliefs

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 12:42 PM
ok so Allah subhana wata'ala wont be angry for say if i see someone and think something really bad about him, that wont anger Allah? thats what im wondering stuff like that...

sorry if im being confusing

Qurratul Ayn
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Brother IbnAbdulHakim, Allah Ta'ala is the All-Knowing and All-Seeing and always remember Allah Ta'ala is watching everything you do therefore try to restrain yourself from thinking of bad thoughts and if you do then repent and pray for forgiveness straightaway if you've realised your mistake and try to not do it again.

We have only one life in this world and we should try to maintain upon the path of the Righteousness and of Islam and always try our best to do good deeds and be good to everyone no matter who they are.

Pray for forgiveness always and pray for all Brothers and Sisters in this world to stay upon the path of Islam and to be always good thinking and be doing good to all walks of life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Salams

^yes and remember that every action has an intention so if you have no bad intentions/thoughts then you can't do bad

Allah Knows Best

lamya
03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Assalaam u alaikum
But then wierd, bad thoughts do come and wat we have to do is not let those thoughts grow so they become actions, because a lot of the times one cant help thinking,u know.

Ra`eesah
03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Just somthing I want to Share Insha`Allaah.

Hadith I :

Abu Bakra Nufay' ibn al-Harith ath-Thaqafi said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'When two Muslims clash with their swords, then both the killer and killed are in the Fire.' I asked, "Messenger of Allah, I can understand this with regard to the killer, but what about the murdered man?' He replied, 'He also was eager to kill his companion.'" [Agreed upon]

Hadith II:

Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet narrating about his Lord and, "Allah ordered (the appointed angels over you) that the good and the bad deeds be written, and He then showed (the way) how (to write). If somebody intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account with Him); and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him (in his account) with Him (its reward equal) from ten to seven hundred times to many more times: and if somebody intended to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intended to do it (a bad deed) and actually did it, then Allah will write one bad deed (in his account)."
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Looking at these two ahadith does this mean they contradict? No they do not, we can see that the both talk about Intention, however, we must understand that there are 2 levels of intention:

1. `Azeemah ( full conviction ) عز يمة
2. Haam ( thought/wishes/desires) هم

The first hadith, where the Prophet ( sallaahu `alahi wasalaam) mentioned the 2 brothers who were fighting each other both go to Hell, because of their intention falls under the first category of intention ‘ Azeemah’. because they both had full conviction to commit that action.

Example :

A man intends to perform zina ( adultery) and he is on his way to it. Then he is in a collision, and because of that collision he is detained from committing that act he was on his way to do, he would still get that sin, even though he did not physically commit it, his `Azeemah, was enough to give him the sin,
whither he accomplished his act or not. Remember he did not turn away on his own and repent but was stopped because of an accident on his way to commit that sin. Hence he gets the sin for it.

The second hadith shows the desire of something or wishing which falls under the second level Haam. For that you will be given 2 rewards if you intend to do good, and if you intent to do bad and do not get the chance of doing it you will get only 1 reward.
Example I:
If you sit and are thinking of doing a good act for the sake of Allaah, just for that you will be rewarded.

Example II:
You indented to do a bad act, but do not carry out what you intended, then you will get only 1 reward.

Insha`Allaah you guys understand.

- Qatada -
03-02-2007, 09:21 PM

In Hadith, Hazrat Anas (radhiAllaahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said Shaytaan travels through the body like blood.

Explanation by Imam Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim: Allah gave full power to Shaytaan to put evil ideas into the hearts of men. If a man does not act upon these ideas, he has passed the worldly examination and will get a high place in Jinnah (Heaven). When we say that the Shaytaan travels through the body like blood, it means not physically but according to his evil ideas or thinking there are things that travel like the human blood.
In Hadith Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifah (r.a.) related that the Nabi (s.a.s.) said:

“The was-wâs that enters the hearts of my ummah Allah has forgiven, as long as they don’t act upon or voice it.” [Imam Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim agree on it]
Tafsir (Commentary): Was-wâs is the bad intentions that enters one’s heart. And those good intentions that enter one’s heart is called ilham. The ilham won’t be accepted unless it is accordance with the Holy Qur’an and Hadith. Bad thoughts by a person that is not related to aqeeda (belief), and doesn’t act on them, for him is Maafoo (forgiveness). If vice versa is related to kufr (disbelief), then it will be kufr. And if related to dhal (straying away), then it will be dhalleen. For both of these situations, tawba is fardh (obligatory). If this intention is related to any actions and not aqa’id (belief), and he keeps this intention in his heart, then he is a sinner.

http://www.geocities.com/~abdulwahid...icles/sin.html

united
03-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Bad thought lead to bad actions. You may think bad of someone today but tomorrow you will translate it into action. I dont mean start beating him up but maybe talk to him condescendingly, dirty looks etc. You may not even realise what you are doing. Its nature.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

In Hadith, Hazrat Anas (radhiAllaahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said Shaytaan <a class=l href=http://webmaxsearch.com?qq=travel onmouseover="return (window.status='travel');" onmouseout="window.status='';">travel</a>s through the body like blood.

Explanation by Imam Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim: Allah gave full power to Shaytaan to put evil ideas into the hearts of men. If a man does not act upon these ideas, he has passed the worldly examination and will get a high place in Jinnah (Heaven). When we say that the Shaytaan <a class=l href=http://webmaxsearch.com?qq=travel onmouseover="return (window.status='travel');" onmouseout="window.status='';">travel</a>s through the body like blood, it means not physically but according to his evil ideas or thinking there are things that <a class=l href=http://webmaxsearch.com?qq=travel onmouseover="return (window.status='travel');" onmouseout="window.status='';">travel</a> like the human blood.
In Hadith Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifah (r.a.) related that the Nabi (s.a.s.) said:

“The was-wâs that enters the hearts of my ummah Allah has forgiven, as long as they don’t act upon or voice it.” [Imam Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim agree on it]
Tafsir (Commentary): Was-wâs is the bad intentions that enters one’s heart. And those good intentions that enter one’s heart is called ilham. The ilham won’t be accepted unless it is accordance with the Holy Qur’an and Hadith. Bad thoughts by a person that is not related to aqeeda (belief), and doesn’t act on them, for him is Maafoo (forgiveness). If vice versa is related to kufr (disbelief), then it will be kufr. And if related to dhal (straying away), then it will be dhalleen. For both of these situations, tawba is fardh (obligatory). If this intention is related to any actions and not aqa’id (belief), and he keeps this intention in his heart, then he is a sinner.

http://www.geocities.com/~abdulwahid...icles/sin.html

jazakAllah khair, that hadith brings hope to the heart how beautiful ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.