/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I question ALL things

HereToQuestion
03-02-2007, 10:55 PM
If your God is so Holy, why does He bribe people into following Him?

What's with all the threats in the Qu'ran?

Should someone go to hell just because they were brought up into a different religion?

Should someone go to hell just because they never discovered much about Islam?

What proof have you got Muhammad was a real Prophet, what supernatural power did He have?

Would such a gentleman as Allah send people to hell in the first place? Especially as we have no good reason to believe He exists.

Even if Jesus in the Holy Bible was false, atleast the Bible stated he had power to preform miracles, Muhammad couldn't.

The only thing Muhammad had to back Him as as being a true Prophet is a piece of writing.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Islam is fake, the fact is that none of us know for sure.

If the Qu'ran is the truth why wasn't it written till 500 years after the Holy Bible? Surely if it was the truth it would have been written when human existence began? What happened to the people who died before the Qu'ran was written, did they go to heaven or hell?

If the people who died before the Qu'ran was written went to heaven then why is this? After all, it wouldn't be very fair on the rest of us if they got into heaven without even having to follow Islam now would it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Peace, quite a list of questions. I will begin with the assumption you are asking out of sincerity and not to just attack what you do not understand. As a Muslim, I also am required to question and to accept from free choice and knowledge.

format_quote Originally Posted by HereToQuestion

I do not see where there are any bribes. Just the simple fact is we recieve what we earn.

Perhaps you do not understand the Qur'an. I have yet to see anything in it that I would call a threat. It makes sense to me that we will recieve reward for the good we do and be punished for the bad we do.

Should someone go to hell just because they were brought up into a different religion?

If they know the truth or it has been presented to them and they deliberatly do not follow it. They are not being punished they are simply goint to where the path they chose takes them. If I were to show you a road map and show you the route on it to New York. But, you insist on taking the road to San Francisco. Who is to blame when you do not get to New York?

I have no knowledge as to who will or will not go to Hell. Who Allah(swt) chooses for Hellfire is not up to me. I do know that Allah(swt) is all Merciful and all Just. He will do as He has planned and I am too insignificant to know his plans. But, I do know He is the best of planners.

What proof have you got Muhammad was a real Prophet, what supernatural power did He have?

I have the proof of the Qur'an. I know the Qur'an is the Word of Allah(swt) and only a true Prophet(PBUT) would be trusted to spread the word of Allah(swt)

Would such a gentleman as Allah send people to hell in the first place? Especially as we have no good reason to believe He exists.

Does it not make sense that a true just person would reward his faithful servents and admonish those who plot against him?

Even if Jesus in the Holy Bible was false, atleast the Bible stated he had power to preform miracles, Muhammad couldn't.

Muhammad(PBUH) performed many miracles. They are all narrated in the Ahadith. There is no need for them to be mentioned in the Qur'an, as the Qur'an is about Allah(swt) and not about Muhammad(PBUH). The ahadith are the eye witness accounts of what Muhammad(PBUH) did and said.

The only thing Muhammad had to back Him as as being a true Prophet is a piece of writing.

A piece of writing that he could not have written. Plus there are the many eeye witness accounts written in the Ahadith.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Islam is fake, the fact is that none of us know for sure.

I have seen enough to show me that Islam is the truth, and I was not an easy person to convince. It took 65 years before I woke up.

If the Qu'ran is the truth why wasn't it written till 500 years after the Holy Bible? Surely if it was the truth it would have been written when human existence began? What happened to the people who died before the Qu'ran was written, did they go to heaven or hell?

The Guidance was first given to Adam(PBUH). It has been given to all people in all times and in all locations. the Same Guidance was given to all of the Prophets(PBUT) We as Humans have had the distinct ability of ignoring it, falsifying it, loosing it and changing it. Muhammad(PBUH) is the final Prophet(PBUH) This is our last chance.

If the people who died before the Qu'ran was written went to heaven then why is this? After all, it wouldn't be very fair on the rest of us if they got into heaven without even having to follow Islam now would it?

There are no People who have lived before Guidance was given to us. It has been with us since Adam(PBUH)

جوري
03-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Excellent reply Bros woodrow....

This is from the Quran about those who were pious before the advent of prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

إِ
نَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَالَّذِينَ هَادُواْ وَالنَّصَارَى وَالصَّابِئِينَ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً فَلَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ {62}
[Pickthal 2:62] Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Also no one will be punished unless they had clear signs that they refused to acknowledge!
here is a verse from the Quran addressing that with three different transliteration!
"مَّنِ اهْتَدَى فَإِنَّمَا يَهْتَدي لِنَفْسِهِ وَمَن ضَلَّ فَإِنَّمَا يَضِلُّ عَلَيْهَا وَلاَ تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرَى وَمَا كُنَّا مُعَذِّبِينَ حَتَّى نَبْعَثَ رَسُولاً {15}
[Shakir 17:15] Whoever goes aright, for his own soul does he go aright; and whoever goes astray, to its detriment only does he go astray: nor can the bearer of a burden bear the burden of another, nor do We chastise until We raise a messenger.

[Yusufali 17:15] Who receiveth guidance, receiveth it for his own benefit: who goeth astray doth so to his own loss: No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another: nor would We visit with Our Wrath until We had sent an messenger (to give warning).

[Pickthal 17:15] Whosoever goeth right, it is only for (the good of) his own soul that he goeth right, and whosoever erreth, erreth only to its hurt. No laden soul can bear another's load, We never punish until we have sent a messenger.

No Punishment until a Messenger has been sent

Allah tells us that out of His justice, He does not punish anyone until He has established proof against him by sending a Messenger to him, as He says:

[تَكَادُ تَمَيَّزُ مِنَ الغَيْظِ كُلَّمَا أُلْقِىَ فِيهَا فَوْجٌ سَأَلَهُمْ خَزَنَتُهَآ أَلَمْ يَأْتِكُمْ نَذِيرٌ - قَالُواْ بَلَى قَدْ جَآءَنَا نَذِيرٌ فَكَذَّبْنَا وَقُلْنَا مَا نَزَّلَ اللَّهُ مِن شَىْءٍ إِنْ أَنتُمْ إِلاَّ فِى ضَلَـلٍ كَبِيرٍ ]

(Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you'' They will say: "Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: `Allah never sent down anything (of revelation); you are only in great error.''') (67:8-9) And,

[وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ كَـفَرُواْ إِلَى جَهَنَّمَ زُمَراً حَتَّى إِذَا جَآءُوهَا فُتِحَتْ أَبْوَبُهَا وَقَالَ لَهُمْ خَزَنَتُهَآ أَلَمْ يَأْتِكُمْ رُسُلٌ مِّنكُمْ يَتْلُونَ عَلَيْكُمْ ءَايَـتِ رَبِّكُمْ وَيُنذِرُونَكُمْ لِقَـآءَ يَوْمِكُمْ هَـذَا قَالُواْ بَلَى وَلَـكِنْ حَقَّتْ كَلِمَةُ الْعَذَابِ عَلَى الْكَـفِرِينَ ]

(And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups, till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened. And its keepers will say, "Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves - reciting to you the verses of your Lord, and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours'' They will say: "Yes,'' but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!) (39:71) And,

[وَهُمْ يَصْطَرِخُونَ فِيهَا رَبَّنَآ أَخْرِجْنَا نَعْمَلْ صَـلِحاً غَيْرَ الَّذِى كُـنَّا نَعْمَلُ أَوَلَمْ نُعَمِّرْكُمْ مَّا يَتَذَكَّرُ فِيهِ مَن تَذَكَّرَ وَجَآءَكُمُ النَّذِيرُ فَذُوقُواْ فَمَا لِلظَّـلِمِينَ مِن نَّصِيرٍ ]

(Therein they will cry: "Our Lord! Bring us out, we shall do righteous good deeds, not (the evil deeds) that we used to do.'' (Allah will reply) "Did We not give you lives long enough, so that whosoever would receive admonition could receive it And the warner came to you. So taste you (the evil of your deeds). For the wrongdoers there is no helper.'') (35:37) There are other Ayat which indicate that Allah will not make anyone enter Hell except after sending a Messenger to them

For some people their whole trial will be on the day of judgement. They will be raised on their intention. Only G-D knows best whom is going where. It really is rather cheeky for any of us to feign knowing.
here is also a hadith by prophet Mohammed (PBUH) on just such a topic
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 470:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The deeds of anyone of you will
not save you (from the (Hell) Fire)." They said, "Even
you (will not be saved by your deeds), O Allah's
Apostle?" He said, "No, even I (will not be saved)
unless and until Allah bestows His Mercy on me.
Therefore, do good deeds properly, sincerely and
moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in
the afternoon and during a part of the night, and
always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course
whereby you will reach your target (Paradise)."

G-D's mercy will be infinite on the day of judgment! even Satan will think he has a chance on that day from how many are forgiven.
w'Allah A3lam!

Being Muslim or anything else is a personal path of reflection and soul search. Contrary to what they display in the media we aren't after converting anyone..... so it is really up to the individual self

لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىَ لاَ انفِصَامَ لَهَا وَاللّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ {256}
[Pickthal 2:256] There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

shible
03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Really excellent answers Brother Woodrow.

Now i understand the real meaning of Experience and pure dedication towards Islam. Hope i would sure improve myself and shall put more dedication towards Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Top postings, brother Woodrow and sister PurestAmbrosia.

It is good to question but be careful that your questioning doesn't turn to arrogance.

Snowflake
03-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi HereToQuestion,

I'd say the correct word is 'warnings' rather than threats. The commands in the Quran are laws for mankind to follow on earth. The 'punishments' in the Quran are 'consequences' for not following the Divine Wisdom of Allah which evidently causes corruption on earth.

Allah is Ruler of the Heavens & Earth. The Majestic, the King of Creation. His is All Power and Glory. We are merely His servants and those who are unfaithful to their Lord and Creator and choose to follow words of man instead are guilty of repudiating His revelations - For which the punishment in His Kingdom is Hell-fire.

That is a choice only Allah can make. Our opinions are worthless because we do not have the Knowledge, Mercy and Justice that He does.

Like br. Woodrow said, the proof is the Holy Quran - which was revealed to prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and it's Truth is increasingly being recognised by people all over the world, making Islam the fastest growing religion in the world. Only the Truth can have such an impact in a world where Islam is continually mocked as a religion of hate.

my dear brother in humanity, if a person closes their eyes to light, they will not see it, even though it is there. Similarly, the reasons are there for those who can see Truth. As for the first part of your question, Allah created Heaven because He wants us to go there. It is one's own choice if he chooses to take the path that leads to Hell.

Muhammed (PBUH) was blessed with many miracles. But for now you will find this video interesting in it's confirmation from scientists that this miracle did indeed take place.
http://fesabilillah.wordpress.com/20...oon-splitting/

A true piece of writing at that - from no man but Allah Himself. Now if Muhammed (PBUH) was to have written the Quran then it would've had personal references about his life, family, friends, i.e. accounts of their lives and deaths and all that he held dear to him - not forgetting the difficulties he faced in his lifetime. None of this is mentioned in the Quran.

When Einstein came with a new theory he said, "I believe the universe works like this; and here are three ways to prove whether I am wrong!" So his theories were subjected to tests and proved right - because he was listened to. Similarly to prove the Quran wrong it has to be read/listened to. The Quran even challenges you to prove it wrong and has it's own falsification test mentioned in (Surah An-Nisa, 4:82):

"Do they not consider the Qur'an? Had it been from any other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy."

No other religion, no scripture, not even a piece of writing invites anyone to prove it wrong. But the Quran does that. Only after accepting that challenge can you come to know it is the divine revelation of Allah. In fact skeptics, including scientists who've researched the scientific information given in the Quran have come to respect it after their research proved the authenticity of the Glorious Quran. Then how could a 'piece of writing' which holds indisputable evidence mention Muhammed if he wasn't a true Prophet and risk redicule of it's own falsification test?

Again, the religion of Islam is based on the Quran. To prove Islam is fake, first you have to prove that the Quran is wrong. : )

All Revelations came from Allah as and when mankind was in need of Guidence. Just as new laws are made when old ones become ineffective, the Quran was revealed at a time when old scriptures were lost, corrupted and Mankind was sinking into extreme ignorance and self-destruction. Only this time a miracle happend in that Allah promised that he will protect His Word and as we see the Quran has stood the test of time and not one word has been altered since the time it was revealed to Muhammed (PBUH).

For the last part of your question... only Allah swt, knows the fates of the people who lived before that. And that Decision will realised on the Day of Judgment.

If the people who died before the Qu'ran was written went to heaven then why is this? After all, it wouldn't be very fair on the rest of us if they got into heaven without even having to follow Islam now would it
:) Islam doesn't claim that people who lived before the Quran was revealed will go to Heaven - or Hell for that matter. That is a matter of knowledge which only the Creator holds. All decisions will finally rest with Him.

May Allah guide you to the right Path. Ameen.

Peace. :)

Umar001
03-04-2007, 01:27 AM

Human nature is that we think of ourself's first, in many daily transactions we are subcontiously thinking 'how will this benefit me'. To get out of this mentality is hard, Islam teaches mankind to want good for themselves, but this should not be at the cost of others, thus teachings like:

{The believers, in their love, mercy, and kindness to one another are like a body: if any part of it is ill, the whole body shares its sleeplessness and fever.}
Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #2586, and Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #6011.

{None of you believes (completely) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.}

Narrated in Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #13, and Saheeh Muslim, #45.

{Pay the worker his wage before his sweat dries.}

Narrated in Ibn Majah, #2443.

Anyhow, this is the essence of Islam, whilst one is allowed to persue financial status and so forth, he is encouraged to control his desires. Coming to the 'Bribe' this is incooperated in this. Most of people will want something for themselves, they will think when faced with prohibitions, "Why am I stopping myself from doing this, what am I going to get out of it" This is where some of the rewards come in, the man who might be weak in faith to realise that he will get something out of abstaning from certain things here.

You might think, well they should give that up anyway if they believe in God and so forth, and that is true, they should, and those who are firm in their faith realise that the biggest blessing is not the rivers of paradise, it is not the wives of paradise, it is not the musk of paradise, it is not the food of paradise. Whilst those are good, the biggest will be the blessing of seeing their Lord.

If I may give an example, the punishment for stealing. Many times I hear people say "Well if he is a true believer in G-d he would not steal" And that is true, if someone is of high enough faith and connected to G-d then he will not steal. (I am talking about a situation with regards to Muslims, of course I dont mean that every Athiest steals :) ) But for those who maybe are weak in faith, or who might be new in Islam or have not practiced and find it hard to keep to the laws, for them the overshadowing possible punishment will keep them on the safe side.

I hope that made sense, so it is not a bribe as such. Rather, it is a motivation for those who find it hard to keep themselves from the bad in this life, it is a answer to the nature of man.

I think that it is not so much threats as it is a warning. There are warnings, to remind mankind to do good and keep on the straight path. Furthermore if warnings are not issued then I am sure some people will exclaim "But you never said you'd do this!"

No, someone should not be send to hell because they were brought up into the wrong religion. Rather, whoever goes to hell will know that there was a straight path, for Allah said:

It almost bursts up with fury. Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: "Did no warner come to you?"

They will say: "Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: 'Allāh never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.'"

And they will say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!"

Surah Al Mulk Verses 8-10

So they will be asked did no warner come to you, and they will say yes indeed. Noone will be cast into fire unless a warner had come to him/her, showing the signs of Almighty God.

This same Message is repeated in Surah Al Isra Verse 15:

..And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).

I feel that is enough to show that noone will be sent to hell unless they themselves have witnessed the signs of God and proof has been set against them.

Please refer to the above :) Plus there is a minimum level of knowledge required, and this differs, for example,

It has been narrated by Abu Hurayra that Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "By Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there is none from amongst the Jews and Christians (of these present nations) who hears about me and then dies without believing in the MEssage with which I have been sent but he will be from the dwellers of the Fire"

Muslim Book of Faith V1 Chapter 240

In the above narration we see that the Jew or Christian has to hear first. This is with regards of believing in Muhammad, there are other matters which can still prevent a Jew and Christian from entering paradise. Such as commiting shirk.

Let me combine this question with another:

Now, let me say first, that this is your assumption, you see, Muslims now days do not rave about the Miracles of Muhammad, except the Qu'ran, but why? This is because the Qu'ran is the only Miracle, from what I know, that can be proof for it's prophet this day.

In the past, Moses, peace be upon him, split the red sea, by the Power of God, also, he peace beu pon him, had his staff turn to a snake, by the Power of God, Jesus peace be upon him, healed people, by the Power of God. But those miracles, happened at that time and cannot be studied today, we cannot see Jesus healing those people, or Jesus rising from the dead, or rising someone else from the dead, we do not see Moses' stick changing, nor do we see the red sea splitting. Similarly, Muhammad's Miracles, apart from the Qu'ran, are not here now for us to test, this is why the Qu'ran is the Miracle which Muslims bring up all the time, since this is a Unique claim, a Miracle which is tangible, and testable by us right now, unlike the acts of Moses, Jesus and other acts of Muhammad. Let me first go further and show that Muhammad did do some miracles:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

I was with the Prophet and the time for the 'Asr prayer became due. We had no water with us except a little which was put in a vessel and was brought to the Prophet . He put his hand into it and spread out his fingers and then said, "Come along! Hurry up! All those who want to perform ablution. The blessing is from Allah.'' I saw the water gushing out from his fingers. So the people performed the ablution and drank, and I tried to drink more of that water (beyond my thirst and capacity), for I knew that it was a blessing. The sub-narrator said: I asked Jabir, "How many persons were you then?" He replied, "We were one-thousand four hundred men." Salim said: Jabir said, 1500.
Volume: 7, Book Number: 69, Hadith Number: 543

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779

In the above there's the miracle of the gushing of water from Muhammad's hands peace upon him, and the glorification of Allah by the food whilst Muhammad ate, there's a couple more but this is enough, and let me state, if one logically believes the authenticity of the records of Jesus' miracles then one has to logically believe the above's authenticity, but if one believes the above then one is not obliged to believe the authenticity of the recording of Jesus' miracles.

Muhammad couldn't? So what I posted above is what?

Furthermore, if you read the Bible, Jesus was given power, he of his own self could do nothing, J: 5:30.

Well, maybe the study of such a piece of writing would do the piece of writing justice. To claim that one of Muhammad's Miracle is with us now is unique within itself.

I don't know what kind of surety you are looking for but that's something that is a personal choice.

Let me first put forward an example of the type of Question your asking;

Person comes upto you and asks, if God is perfect and creates everything perfectly, then why would he create such a slow animal as the turtle, the ability to run fast is something desired by many and some hold a sign of perfection, so this means that either God cannot create perfectly or that there is no God!

The logical mistake in the above is clear, the speaker's perception of what is perfect is dictating his ruling as to whether the turtle is perfect. You might wonder what has this got to do with the above question, well as similarly as the man in the example, assumed to know God's intention in creating the turtle, you are assuming that the Qu'ran coming before the Bible is what constitutes it's authenticity.

God worked through time and spoke to people through time and had those people deliever His message, He had upto till Muhammad, peace be upon him, given guidance to many, and that guidance was for a people and time, when Muhammad came, then it was placed so that Muhammad was to be sent to all mankind, meaning not just his own people as prophets and messengers before, and Muhammad's role as messenger was to stay with him until the end.

Why? I do not know. But, before the Qu'ran other books were given to nations including, but not restricted to, The Torah, The Zaboor, The Injeel, and several Scriptures, like of Abraham.

As for what happend to the people before the Qu'ran, some will go paradise and some will go hell, remember I spoke of the minimum knowledge required, well if they done good and stuck by that, if they follow the Warners and Messengers sent to them then they will be in heaven, Salvation according to Muslims is not dependent on knowing Muhammad, though if you hear of him and have the chance then accepting Him could become part of the minimum obligatory knowledge, this is why Allah says,

Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allāh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .
Surah Al Baqarah Verse 62

So it is clear that those in the past who done good and believed will have their reward with almighty G-d. Salvation does not always depend on knowing Moses, Jesus for the past, or Muhammad for now.

As the quotation above says that they had to meet their conditions, remember, 'those who believe and do righteous good deeds' They were tested as we have and will be tested, Allah says;

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allāh will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allāh knows all that before putting them to test).

Surah Al Ankabut Verses 2-3

So, noone get's a free ride to paradise. Allah is The Most Just, who does not bear a soul with a burden more than it can bear, the one who is Oft Forgiving for those who want the forgiveness.

And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islāmic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation).

I hope I have made sense and whatever wrong I have done then it is my fault.

Eesa, :)

snakelegs
03-04-2007, 01:36 AM
i think it's great to question all things - i do too.
but sometimes people ask questions not because they really want to learn, but because they have some other agenda.

Umar001
03-04-2007, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i think it's great to question all things - i do too.
but sometimes people ask questions not because they really want to learn, but because they have some other agenda.
Yea that's life but it's worth it, if worst comes to worst at least am learning to reply better lol and I'd get reward insha'Allah and if things are as they seem then hopefully the OP will at least learn something even if its one teaching of islam.

Anyhow, I remember Jayda when she was going to answer the 100 qs from a Muslim brother, now taht was painful.

Strzelecki
03-04-2007, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The Qur'an was first give to Adam(PBUH). It has been given to all people in all times and in all locations. the Same Qur'an was given to all of the Prophets(PBUT) We as Humans have had the distinct ability of ignoring it, falsifying it, loosing it and changing it. Muhammad(PBUH) is the final Prophet(PBUH) This is our last chance.
I know this probably a weird couple of questions to be asking, but they are related to the above quote. :)

Was the reason behind each prophet being sent to correct the Qur'an and put us back on track?

How do we know this is our last chance?

Is the fact the this is our last chance the reason Mohammad is so highly regarded in Islam?

Thanks! :)

Umar001
03-04-2007, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
I know this probably a weird couple of questions to be asking, but they are related to the above quote. :)

Was the reason behind each prophet being sent to correct the Qur'an and put us back on track?

Is the fact the this is our last chance the reason Mohammad is so highly regarded in Islam?

Howdy buriedaway, congrats on becoming a full member.

I would just like to comment, mankind from the time of Aadam has been given guidance from Allah, all of them proclaimed That There Is Nothing Worthy of Worhip In Truth Except Allah, this is found in the saying;

And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad SAW) but We inspired him (saying): Lā ilāha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allāh)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)."

The detailed matters of laws and so forth could differ from Messenger to Messenger, but the basic teaching is the same, La Ilaha Illa Allah.

As time went by people might deviate so Prophets are brought to re inforce the Message, also different nations had different Prophets.

One of the Blessings given to Muhammad by Allah is that Muhammad was not only sent to his people, the arabs, like other prophets were, but Muhammad was sent to the Non Arabs too, and Muhammad's message is to be until the end.

I do not understand what is meant by 'how do we know this is our last chance?'

And Muhammad is regarded highly for many reasons.

Hope that helps.

Eesa.

AbuAbdallah
03-04-2007, 02:59 AM
salaam,
Mashallah very good answers everyone. May Allaah reward you for your efforts.

Woodrow
03-04-2007, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536

Peace, I erred when I said Qur'an as we have know way of knowing the exact wording, we only know that each was given Guidance. The final Guidance given to Muhammad (PUH) is the only one we know the exact words for, so to be precise I can not call the earlier guidance the Qur'an.

All people and all times were sent the message. but every time the people have soon distorted it. If the people had kept the original message that was sent to Adam(PBUH) there never would have been a need for further Prophets (PBUT). But, Allah(swt) in his mercy has always made certain that all people would have the opportunity to recieve the word.

Because Allah(swt) sent the Qr'an in a form that can not be changed. The means were put into motion so that we all know that the Qur'an of today is exactly the same as it was when it was first given to Muhammad(PBUH) There is no need for another Prophet.

The actual explanations can be found in the ahadith. However, I am still a newcomer to Islam and only now getting some understanding of the Sunnah so sadly I can not recall excatly which Hadith I need to find.

we view all of the Prophets as being equal. Muhammad(PBUH) is the last Prophet(PBUH) and the only one who's words we know we have. We do not know the words said by the earlier Prophets.

Khalid1402
03-09-2007, 02:38 AM
:salamext: brother Woodrow,

I was very happy to see that you had said in an earlier post that you accepted Islam after 65 years (what you actually said was that it took 65 years before you woke up), and chances are, people might have already said this to you, but I want to say it as well.

Masha Allah brother. Alhamdulillah Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala has lead you to this the most beautiful and wonderful path which is Islam. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless and multiply His reward upon you brother for all your efforts. I have heard of people who were a little over 50 and said it was too late for them to embrace Islam and I pray Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will lead them to the Truth, which is that Islam is never too late to embrace.

Jazak Allah Khair brother for your inspiring posts.

:salamext:
Your brother in Deen,
Khalid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.