/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Store 4 Storries

shible
03-03-2007, 06:41 AM
:sl:

A man used to live in Saudi Arabia originally from India was a Siekh, and a Muslim Shaik ( Muhammad Farrag ) used to invite him a lot to Islam. He neither refused nor accepted the idea because of his family.

Then one day Allah opened his heart to Islam, he came to the shaik in his mosque to embrace Islam. The shaik was busy with his students and some Du’ah (Muslim missioners who invite people to the worship of Allah).

Sheik Muhammad did not know that the man wanted to enter in Islam so he did not give him any attention and he left the mosque with his students.

The man, who wanted to enter in Allah’s religion, remained standing at the door of the mosque watching the shaik and his students riding their cars and moving away. On that sight he could not prevent himself from crying and burst into tears. While he was standing weeping at the door of the mosque, a young man who lived in the same quarter passed by him.

He asked him about the reason of his crying and the Indian replied that he wanted to be a Muslim.

The young man (May Allah rewards him the best) took him to his house. He made him perform abulution (wudoo) and say the two testimonies (No god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger). The Indian left after he said the testimony and it was about the dusk prayer (Al-Maghrib). Then he went to his room and suffered from a severe stomachache.

The young man came to shaik Muhammad and told him the whole story. The shaik repented what he had done though he was ignorant of the matter. He went to the Indian’s room, but his colleagues told him that he had died last night and he was then in the fridge of the Central Hospital. The shaik went with some Du’ah to the hospital to receive his corpse, but the hospital refused stating that the embassy had sent to his family in India and they would receive his corpse to be burnt there. The sheik objected saying that the man became a Muslim and there were witnesses on that, but still the hospital refused.

Sheik Muhammad went to Shaik Abd Al-Aziz Bin Baz (May Allah rest his soul and have mercy upon him) and told him the whole story. Shaik Abd Al-Aziz said that the Indian should not be given to his family as he became their brother in Islam; they should pray on his corpse and bury him there. He should not be given to the unbelievers. Sheik Abd Al-Aziz sent a copy of the subject to the emirate and requested an order to give the corpse to sheik Muhammad Farrag.

The emirate ordered the hospital to give the corpse to Shaik Muhammad and he received it. Some Du’ah washed the man and put him in his coffin. The funeral prayer coincided with Al-Goma’ah (the congregational prayer). Shaik Muhammad gave a wonderful oration on the one who embraced Islam then died without making one prostration to Allah. He stated in the first oration some similar examples from history, then he stated in the second one the story of the Indian man upon whom they would pray after Al-Goma’ah. The Muslims pray upon him, then they carried him upon their shoulders and they all went to the graveyard led by a lot of Du’ah and scholars.

It was a moving scene, May Allah accept (his deeds) and have mercy upon him.

Written by meteor at clouds site.

On the Authority of ‘Abdullah bin Mus’ud (May Allah be pleased with him) who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), the true and truly inspired said, “(The matter of Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother for forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for similar period. Then Allah sends an angel who is ordered to write four things. He is ordered to write his (i.e. the new creature’s) deeds, his livelihood, his (date of) death, and whether he will be blessed or wretched (in religion). Then the soul is breathed into him. By Allah who is no God but Him, a man amongst you may do (good) deeds till there is only a cubit between him and paradise and then what has been written for him decides his behavior and he starts doing (evil) deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire so he enters it. And similarly a man amongst you may do (evil) deeds till there is only a cubit between him and the (Hell) Fire, and then what has been written for him decides his behavior, and he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise so he enters it.” Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
03-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Next story

Daddy Can you give me $10?

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.

"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"

"That's none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.

"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."

"Oh, " the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"

The father was furious. "If the only reason you want to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep son?" he asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

"Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now... Can I buy an hour of your time?"

Tilmeez
03-03-2007, 07:06 AM
With almost the same context i have posted a story in Urdu Section "Ghatay KA Soda" its a nice coincidece
for my part here goes the Story:
"What Goes Around Comes Around"
He almost didn't see the old lady, stranded on the side of the road, but even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed
help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.

Even with the smile on his face, she was worried. No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so. Was he going to hurt
her? He didn't look safe; he looked poor and hungry.

He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold. He knew how she felt. It was that chill which only fear can
put in you.

He said, "I'm here to help you, ma'am. Why don't you wait in the car where it's warm? By the way, my name is Bryan
Anderson ."

Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough. Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to
put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tire. But he had to get dirty and his hands
hurt.

As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was from St.
Louis and was only just passing through. She couldn't thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk. The lady asked how much she owed him. Any amount would have been all right with
her. She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. Bryan never thought twice about
being paid. This was not a job to him. This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty, who had given
him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way.

He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that
person the assistance they needed, and Bryan added, "And think of me."

He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for
home, disappearing into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made
the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy looking restaurant. Outside were two old gas pumps. The whole scene was
unfamiliar to her. The waitress came overand brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. She had a sweet smile, one that even
being on her feet for the whole day couldn't erase. The lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude. The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to
a stranger. Then she remembered Bryan .

After the lady finished her meal, she paid with a hundred dollar bill. The waitress quickly went to get change for her hundred
dollar bill, but the old lady had slipped right out the door. She was gone by the time the waitress came back. The waitress
wondered where the lady could be.Then she noticed something written on the napkin.

There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: "You don't owe me anything. I have been there too.
Somebody once helped me out, the way I'm helping you. If you really want to pay me back, here is what you do: Do not let
this chain of love end with you."

Under the napkin were four more $100 bills.

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That
night when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written.
How could the lady have known how much she and her husband needed it? With the baby due next month, it was going tobe
hard....

She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and
low, "Everything's going to be all right. I love you, Bryan Anderson ."

There is an old saying "What goes around comes around."

shible
03-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks bro i even say that and it was a really good story though the theme was same.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shible
03-03-2007, 07:44 AM

The End

I barely knew him, I have seen him in the mosque for some days at different times and for many others I have not.

I warmly greeted him and I was keen to know him. Until one day after Al-‘Asr (noon prayer), I stood chatting with a colleague outside the mosque while he was coming. He greeted him and they seemed to know each other; they were schoolmates. We all engaged in the conversation and I invited them to visit me in my house. They agreed to come the next day after Al-‘Asr.

I asked my friend about him, he told me that he was a good character. I wondered why he did not come to the mosque for days although he was living next door. My friend told me that this guy had some bad companions in work and when one of them called him, he did not come to the mosque or attend the prayers and his travels increased.

I prayed to Allah to make me a cause in his guidance and keep him away from his bad companions. I agreed with my friends to try to be his new friends and to go out with him as much as possible in order to keep him back from the bad companionship. The man loved us and our intimacy increased.

Our friendship lasted for a long time; we used to go out together in the weekends without any previous plans. I have even frequently canceled a lot of my family’s dates for his sake, as to be a cause in the guidance of one man is better than the whole world.

The time passed and I had to move to a new house on the outskirts of the town. I could not call him for a while, as I did not have a phone there so we were separated for some time. Whenever I tried to call him in his house from any place, the answer was always, “he is not here”.

I was informed later that he had returned to his bad companions, he deviated from Allah’s path and went astray after he had tasted the sweet taste of faith. He ignored his family and returned back to his bad behavior; leaving the congregational prayers, recitation of Qur’an, valuable books and good company. He listened to songs and he totally fell behind.

I repented his state and prayed to Allah for both of us. I have even asked some of the brothers to return back and go out with him, but after some time a received a sad call from a friend telling me that the guy was dead. I could not help but saying, “To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return”.

I wanted to know what has happened to him as I have tried to contact him many times but I failed to find him. My friend told me that he has traveled to the East of Asia with his bad companions and he has taken an over dose! “Over dose of what?” I asked. “Of DRUGS”, he replied. “ He died there and was put in a bier on the returned flight with a report stating the cause of his death”, he added.

I was filled with grief for his bad sad end and I realized that hearts are between the fingers of Allah, the most Merciful, He changes it as He likes. The man was not sincere in his repentance (tuba) so he could not proceed, he has even returned to his previous state. “ To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return”.

I raise my hands to the sky and supplicate from my entire heart saying: (Oh Allah, the Changer of hearts, makes my heart steadfast to Your religion).

Quoted from “Al-Zamn Al-Kadem” (The next period) written by Abd Al-Malik Al-Kasem (amended).

Have you seen dear brothers how the man may leave the right path after he tasted the sweet taste of faith and felt the love of Allah Almighty Who is true when He says, “And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; nor obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds”.(Al-Kahf: 28).

Life is a test that leads either to Paradise or to Hell.

shible
03-03-2007, 09:58 AM

STORY OF OUR LIFE : FROM A TREE

A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come & play around it everyday. He loved the tree & the tree loved to play with him.

Time went by. The little boy had grown up & he no longer played around the tree everyday. One day, the boy came back, he looked sad.

Come & play with me, tree asked the boy. I am no longer a kid, I want toys. I need money to buy them. Sorry, but I don't have money. But you can sell all my apples. The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree & left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples.

One day, the boy returned & the tree was so excited. "Come & play with me" the tree said. "I have to work for family. We need a house for shelter"

"Sorry, but I don't have a house. But you can chop off my branches to build your house." So the boy cut all the branches of the tree & left happily, but the boy never came back since then.

One day, the boy returned & the tree was delighted. The boy said, "I am sad & getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. I need a boat."

"Use my truck to build your boat”. So the boy cut the tree truck to make a boat. He went sailing & never showed up for a long time.

Finally, the boy returned after he left for so many years. "Sorry, my boy. But I don't have anything for you anymore" the tree said.

"I am too old for that now" the boy said.

"I really can't give you anything. The only thing left is my dying roots." the tree said with tears.

"I don't need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years." the boy replied.

"Good! Old tree roots is the best place to lean on & rest. Come, come sit down with me & rest."

The boy sat down & the tree was glad & smiled with tears

SUMMARY

"This is a story of everyone. The tree is our parent. When we were young, we loved to play with Mom and Dad. When we grown up, we left them, only came to them when we need something or when we are in trouble. "

'Abd al-Baari
03-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Mashallah some great stories, Jazakallah for sharing

shible
03-03-2007, 03:42 PM

DETERMINATON

In 1883, a creative engineer named John Roebling was inspired by an idea to build a spectacular bridge connecting New York with the Long Island. However bridge building experts throughout the world thought that this was an impossible feat and told Roebling to forget the idea. It just could not be done. It was not practical. It had never been done before.

Roebling could not ignore the vision he had in his mind of this bridge. He thought about it all the time and he knew deep in his heart that it could be done. He just had to share the dream with someone else. After much discussion and persuasion he managed to convince his son Washington, an up and coming engineer, that the bridge in fact could be built.

Working together for the first time, the father and son developed concepts of how it could be accomplished and how the obstacles could be overcome. With great excitement and inspiration, and the headiness of a wild challenge before them, they hired their crew and began to build their dream bridge.

The project started well, but when it was only a few months underway a tragic accident on the site took the life of John Roebling. Washington was injured and left with a certain amount of brain damage, which resulted in him not being able to walk or talk or even move.

"We told them so."
"Crazy men and their crazy dreams."
"It`s foolish to chase wild visions."

Everyone had a negative comment to make and felt that the project should be scrapped since the Roeblings were the only ones who knew how the bridge could be built. In spite of his handicap Washington was never discouraged and still had a burning desire to complete the bridge and his mind was still as sharp as ever.

He tried to inspire and pass on his enthusiasm to some of his friends, but they were too daunted by the task. As he lay on his bed in his hospital room, with the sunlight streaming through the windows, a gentle breeze blew the flimsy white curtains apart and he was able to see the sky and the tops of the trees outside for just a moment.

It seemed that there was a message for him not to give up. Suddenly an idea hit him. All he could do was move one finger and he decided to make the best use of it. By moving this, he slowly developed a code of communication with his wife.

He touched his wife's arm with that finger, indicating to her that he wanted her to call the engineers again. Then he used the same method of tapping her arm to tell the engineers what to do. It seemed foolish but the project was under way again.

For 13 years Washington tapped out his instructions with his finger on his wife's arm, until the bridge was finally completed. Today the spectacular Brooklyn Bridge stands in all its glory as a tribute to the triumph of one man's indomitable spirit and his determination not to be defeated by circumstances.

It is also a tribute to the engineers and their team work, and to their faith in a man who was considered mad by half the world. It stands too as a tangible monument to the love and devotion of his wife who for 13 long years patiently decoded the messages of her husband and told the engineers what to do.

Perhaps this is one of the best examples of a never-say-die attitude that overcomes a terrible physical handicap and achieves an impossible goal.

Often when we face obstacles in our day-to-day life, our hurdles seem very small in comparison to what many others have to face. The Brooklyn Bridge shows us that dreams that seem impossible can be realised with determination and persistence, no matter what the odds are.

Even the most distant dream can be realized with determination and persistence.

shible
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Unconditional Love

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide.

The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable.

We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer that God will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!!

There's a miracle called Friendship That dwells in the heart You don't know how it happens Or when it gets started But you know the special lift It always brings And you realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift!

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us...

shible
03-03-2007, 06:02 PM

The Window"

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour a day to drain the fluids from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed next to the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed would live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the outside world. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake, the man had said. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Lovers walked arm in arm amid flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Unexpectedly, an alien thought entered his head: Why should he have all the pleasure of seeing everything while I never get to see anything? It didn't seem fair. As the thought fermented, the man felt ashamed at first. But as the days passed and he missed seeing more sights, his envy eroded into resentment and soon turned him sour. He began to brood and found himself unable to sleep. He should be by that window - and that thought now controlled his life.

Late one night, as he lay staring at the ceiling, the man by the window began to cough. He was choking on the fluid in his lungs. The other man watched in the dimly light room as the struggling man by the window groped for the button to call for help.

Listening from across the room, he never moved, never pushed his own button which would have brought the nurse running. In less than five minutes, the coughing and choking stopped, along with the sound of breathing. Now, there was only silence--deathly silence.

The following morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths. When she found the lifeless body of the man by the window, she was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take it away--no words, no fuss. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it all himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.

Moral of the story:

The pursuit of happiness is a matter of choice...it is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express. It is not a gift that gets delivered to our doorstep each morning, nor does it come through the window. And I am certain that our circumstances are just a small part of what makes us joyful. If we wait for them to get just right, we will never find lasting joy.

The pursuit of happiness is an inward journey. Our minds are like programs, awaiting the code that will determine behaviors; like bank vaults awaiting our deposits. If we regularly deposit positive, encouraging, and uplifting thoughts, if we continue to bite our lips just before we begin to grumble and complain, if we shoot down that seemingly harmless negative thought as it germinates, we will find that there is much to rejoice about.

shible
03-03-2007, 06:31 PM

BUTTERFLY

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.

The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If God allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us.

We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.