/* */

PDA

View Full Version : geography coursework, anyone???

Maarya
03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
:D :sl:

for calculating the discharge of a river you need to do velocity x area, but how do i work out the area of a river??? i know you need to use the river cross-section, and i've got that, but i dont understand how you do it :grumbling

help!!!! anyone please!!!!!

i really appreciate your help, thankyou in advance. :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
deen_2007
03-03-2007, 03:47 PM
sorry sis....i left geography at GCSE....my worst subject ever.......

Maarya
03-03-2007, 03:50 PM
i would've aswell, but i had no other choice but to chose music, pe, dance etc so i did geog...its not too bad - u get to push the teacher in the river :D

help....anyone....i need to hand it in on monday imsad

deen_2007
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
lol............i just didnt pay any attention to it...was too lazy about it...but i guess if i sit in the classes now...id probably be able to push the teacher in the th river too!!

(funny how when you leave a certain level in education..it is easier for u to understand it then & you also want to study it)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Hana*
03-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Salam Alaikum Sister:

Ok, I have absolutely no clue, but, I found this online and maybe it will help you:

Measuring River Discharge

Hope it helps. :)

Wasalam,
Hana

afriend
03-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow, this is pretty...tough lol. This is why they don't do geography at GCSE level at my school. Good!

Well look at it from a logical point of view, using estimation. Area=Length x Width, so split up the river into parts and use that. if you find yourself with bends...I suggest you....think extra hard. Try using Area.Circle=PixRadius divided by 2. :confused: subhanallah...Some really hard stuff lol.

At the end add up all the areas you found. Apart from that I don't really know, unless there's some sort of universal eq. that brings light to this situtation...Google didn't help either :mmokay:

Hope that helps :hiding:

:w:

Edit: That link is very good :p

PS.

you can use the equation and make 'A' the subject. for example:

Q=VxA

Q=A
V

Give that a try :confused: Which will only work if you have the value for Q and V :mmokay: grr! Maths is annoying

Maarya
03-03-2007, 04:08 PM
thanks for your help guys...i've been digging around in my room for the last hour and only now have i found my notes...so i should be ok now.

thanks anyway :D

afriend
03-03-2007, 04:11 PM
lol alhamdulillah...This hasn't got anything to do with GCSE maths though does it? :heated: cos if it is I'm done for :uuh:

Maarya
03-03-2007, 04:24 PM
nahh, dnt worry, i'm sure its just geog

strider
03-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I was just about to suggest using the triangle formula. Those rock!

I hated geography. Good luck with your coursework!

deen_2007
03-03-2007, 04:30 PM
the only subject i like & study a lot is psychology...............so if u ever need help in that....pls ask:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.