/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just wondered

England
03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I've just realised and now I'm wondering :-\
There was guy working at my place, people come and go. He claims that he is muslim and that he prays 5 times a day. He asked me to exchange mobile numbers with him. Why? What for? My way of life, if he is a muslim, would be incompatible to his. :-\ Everything I do is "haram."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
:sl:

perhaps because he likes you...and would like to invite you to islam...perhaps discuss issues with you regarding islam, religion etc.
whatever his intentions were, we cannot say can we...since we're not him :-\

:w:

England
03-04-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

perhaps because he likes you...and would like to invite you to islam...perhaps discuss issues with you regarding islam, religion etc.
whatever his intentions were, we cannot say can we...since we're not him :-\

lol :giggling: I asked this from an Islamic point of view. If you were to exchange numbers with a non-muslim, what for? Go out on the pull, drinking, dancing to music :D

'Abd al-Baari
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
maybe he just wants to know you but like sister Rooh said we don't know his intentions

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
maybe he just wants to know you but like sister Rooh said we don't know his intentions
Well obviously, everyone likes me :statisfie

The Ruler
03-04-2007, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Well obviously, everyone likes me :statisfie
*cough*ahem*cough* :rollseyes...insulting

lol :giggling: I asked this from an Islamic point of view. If you were to exchange numbers with a non-muslim, what for? Go out on the pull, drinking, dancing to music :D
if i would do it, it would be because i would like to discuss religion.

Umar001
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Or maybe he liked you as a friend, I mean just because someone practicies the fundamentals doesnt mean they're angels :)

Or maybe he wanted to invite you to this website.

strider
03-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Muslims are still humans and not everyone has ulterior motives, you know. :D

aamirsaab
03-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Perhaps he just wants to keep in contact with you, because he's a co worker and likes you?

abzs
03-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Assalamu'alikum
Don' trust anyone until you know more. this person may just be telling the truth or maybe lying. If he is a muslim what would he do with your number. Think about it. If he wants to keep in contact with you, because he's a collegue, then he should say so or show it. If he is a non-muslim, and he likes you, be careful. Consider your options. don't be hasty in making decisions.

England
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Perhaps he just wants to keep in contact with you, because he's a co worker and likes you?
format_quote Originally Posted by abzs
Assalamu'alikum
Don' trust anyone until you know more. this person may just be telling the truth or maybe lying. If he is a muslim what would he do with your number. Think about it. If he wants to keep in contact with you, because he's a collegue, then he should say so or show it. If he is a non-muslim, and he likes you, be careful. Consider your options. don't be hasty in making decisions.

He doesn't work there now. He asked and then left Friday. If he's trying to convert me.....lol :X

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 04:40 PM
He doesn't work there now. He asked and then left Friday. If he's trying to convert me.....lol :X
lol.....r u scared you may revert if u exchange numbers & talk ? :)

England
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
lol.....r u scared you may revert if u exchange numbers & talk ? :)
lol there is no chance of it happening :okay: Hopefully I don't get texts after texts of the verses of the Quran :laugh:

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
lol there is no chance of it happening :okay:
if your so confident ...prove it by exchanging it with someone who wants to give u a detailed understanding about what Islam really is.....i mean there is NO HARM in that is there? :D

........it doesnt have to be that guy from your work place......go to a mosque or something and ask a schollar to tell you as much as he can...give him a time limit of a week if you have to....then tell us how you feel after that.......:statisfie .......So England..what do you say? you up for challenge? :)

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Hopefully I don't get texts after texts of the verses of the Quran :laugh:
emmmmmmmmmm......i wouldnt say thats the best method of trying to invite someone in Islam..........txt msg's can be annoying sometimes ...*Beep beep beep* :blind:

England
03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
if your so confident ...prove it by exchanging it with someone who wants to give u a detailed understanding about what Islam really is.....i mean there is NO HARM in that is there? :D

........it doesnt have to be that guy from your work place......go to a mosque or something and ask a schollar to tell you as much as he can...give him a time limit of a week if you have to....then tell us how you feel after that.......:statisfie .......So England..what do you say? you up for challenge? :)
Meh... lol. I haven't got the time. I have got a college course to keep up with in the evenings. Sounds interesting though :statisfie

emmmmmmmmmm......i wouldnt say thats the best method of trying to invite someone in Islam..........txt msg's can be annoying sometimes ...*Beep beep beep* :blind:
I don't mind texts unless it's something that doesn't grab my interest.

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Meh... lol. I haven't got the time. I have got a college course to keep up with in the evenings. Sounds interesting though :statisfie .
okay....WE understand! ive got a lab report due on tues too....:raging: ....but when you have time .... dnt stop to try out the challenge!

I don't mind texts unless it's something that doesn't grab my interest.
i assure you ... text messages on Islam WILL grab you're attention :D (but ul be happy at the end)....But obviously...only if you address it in a neutral manner first :)

England
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
He just called me this minute. His accent is bloody hard to understand. I think he said something about going out on Saturday :blind:

deen_2007
03-07-2007, 12:25 AM
He just called me this minute. His accent is bloody hard to understand. I think he said something about going out on Saturday :blind:
im sure u'l get used to the accent.........:zip: ...do what u feel is best

BlissfullyJaded
03-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Muslims do have non Muslim friends ya know. So what if things you'll do are haraam? That doesn't mean that some stuff is halaal and we can be friends... Not necessarily is he just trying to convert you. He most probably just wants to keep in touch and be friends.

lol @ the accent. Should be fun hanging out then!

cihad
03-08-2007, 02:35 PM
lol, i think he jus likes you and wants to hang out

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.