/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evening of Inspiration 2007

Helena
03-04-2007, 07:30 PM
:w:

so whose coming to event?...likely? unlikely? reasons? pack full of entertainment or just prefer lectures???

:sl: :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister03
03-04-2007, 07:35 PM
jazakhallah for posting this. i always wanted to go in something like that. i love Zain Bhikha nashaheeds mashallah hope allah grants him peace in his life gives him more knowledge. inshallah i will go to the concert.

Maarya
03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
:sl:

i would luv to go, but my mum sez its not good to go to places like that...i dunno why she sez that, so i wont be going.

Idris
03-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Errr not going ... I see things like that as the same as rock concert.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris
Errr not going ... I see things like that as the same as rock concert.
i have to agree with you...when i attended last year..i was in a shock to see such acts.....and calling a charity event....or islamic event.....Ya Allah..

so i wont be attending this year inshAllah....

Pk_#2
03-04-2007, 08:28 PM
No.

Maidah
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya

i would luv to go, but my mum sez its not good to go to places like that...i dunno why she sez that, so i wont be going.
Bait sis, i got the same ans from my mum. First i couldn't seem to get my head round it, but now that i've seen a few i understand why. Some are just using the event as a alibi for something else. I guess they've lost the point.
but Allah knows best.

(P.S sorri if i've offended any1, especially if u happen to be the organizer of this event:rollseyes )

IbnAbdulHakim
03-04-2007, 09:22 PM
i thought we all agreed to call this "evening of fitnah" the last time it came around :eek:

Helena
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i thought we all agreed to call this "evening of fitnah" the last time it came around :eek:
seriously cant remember...... its gna be a year soon....cool name bro....:D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-04-2007, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
seriously cant remember...... its gna be a year soon....cool name bro....:D
yes its the evening which inspires us allright, inspires us to let loose all shame.

hmm, i wonder what the talks are going to be about :p

(there are talks in these events right? :?)

afriend
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Everything is ok when you add 'islamic' to it...What's next? Islamic night clubs?

Things like this always lose their identity, as it turns into something far from Islamic, it's strictly a nasheed concert...with the whole lot of screaming girls.

Atleast there's cool lectures at the GPU :shade:

Maarya
03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
Bait sis, i got the same ans from my mum. First i couldn't seem to get my head round it, but now that i've seen a few i understand why. Some are just using the event as a alibi for something else. I guess they've lost the point.
but Allah knows best.

(P.S sorri if i've offended any1, especially if u happen to be the organizer of this event:rollseyes )
yh, i know
u shud have seen my dad talking about the GPU concert!

Helena
03-04-2007, 09:39 PM
yes its the evening which inspires us allright, inspires us to let loose all shame.

soo have attended two event of evening inspiration..which inspires many ppl to donate money for charity...which is good..alhmdulilah...

other then that its packed full of nasheed artist singing nasheeds, comedians, and some talks about the program....full of entertainment...:-\

the organizers are slightly careless about the arrangements of the seats...as its not segregated....ppl seat according to there seat numbers......say its royal Albert hall...cant it be changed to another hall?....:blind: :X

then the event inspires alot of ppl as in ppl start to dance, whistle, scream,clap...and so on......:X

IbnAbdulHakim
03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
i see so no lectures eh..... hmM!!

Helena
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Everything is ok when you add 'islamic' to it...What's next? Islamic night clubs?

Things like this always lose their identity, as it turns into something far from Islamic, it's strictly a nasheed concert...with the whole lot of screaming girls.

Atleast there's cool lectures at the GPU :shade:
actually hve to disagree with GPU event.....more likely turning out to be like evening of inspiration....esp the first day of GPU2006.....was only focused on nasheeds....only nasheeds!!!!...remember?....

second day..alhamdulilah was way way better...just the long cool lectures as some nasheeds....was beneficial....

one more thing...u cant always blame it to the screaming girls......it is girls too......but i have seen boys screaming....esp in royal Albert Hall last year chanting sami yusuf names away...louder as possible.....

Astagfirulla at night clubs...astagfirulla....

afriend
03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
lol sorry :hiding: bad example...

But atleast there were lectures! This has none lol. If I could, I would have gave day one of GPU 2006 a miss :uhwhat:

Helena
03-04-2007, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol sorry :hiding: bad example...

But atleast there were lectures! This has none lol. If I could, I would have gave day one of GPU 2006 a miss :uhwhat:
am only kidding.....no need to aplogise lil bro......i wish i cudve done that too....had missed first day.....actually in that time i was shopping,eating, and was watching abit of the children show.......so kinda missed it...lol..

erm possibly small events such as organised by the YMO UK in london (exploislamia), or perhaps another event coming up which is QM annual dinner cud be given as a example...smaller events are better...i guess....:D ...

Maidah
03-04-2007, 10:13 PM

True, i just find it really weird that events like these have to turn into some next up thing. Don't ppl know how to distinguish between a song at a concert and a nasheed on an islamic event, u can't act the same.^o)

It's really sad because events like these can be of use for dawah purposes, and inspration to ppl of other faiths. But when they see this, can't see how our words are gonna look firm:-\ .

May Allah guide us all rightly. Ameen

Al-Hanbali
03-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Nope....they got ppl like "outlandish" coming, who are a big "no, no" :)

Re.TiReD
03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
:sl: I wouldnt advise anybody to go to the Evening 'Inspiration' I mean ok...it's helpin the orphans but as far as halal entertainment goes..this definately does NOT cut it..specially now that they've added outlandish to the mix. :w:

HIJABI***
03-07-2007, 11:05 AM
is anyone going to the night of inspiration in manchester Bridge Water Hall????
i saw it on Islam Channel it luks really gud so me and sum friends mite go!!
has anyone eva been to 1??:D

muslimah_786
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
yeah i knw i saw the advertise 2, it looks really, good, no iv never been to one before, have you? is it good???

HIJABI***
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
inshallah sister wen i come bak il let u knw iv neva bin to 1 thats y i asked wts it like..........

nadia85
03-07-2007, 10:04 PM
When is it and where 2 in manchester .What will they b doing?

BlissfullyJaded
03-08-2007, 07:07 AM

*Threads Merged*

Ah great, Zain Bhika and Outlandish...together on one night. Ergh!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2007, 10:57 AM
:salamext:

everyone considering going to this event please understand that it has many things which will displease Allah and degrade you and put you to shame.

Music being one of them, mixed seating being another, and the fitnah will take over from there.... please reconsider

Re.TiReD
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HIJABI***
is anyone going to the night of inspiration in manchester Bridge Water Hall????
i saw it on Islam Channel it luks really gud so me and sum friends mite go!!
has anyone eva been to 1??:D

:sl: thats the one I went to last year..I think the only reason i went is cuz I went Bridgewater Hall once before and liked it...but seriously...I'd advise you not too..It's a mubaah act anyway and as the bro said the seating is mixed although you can be seperate but on the day you never know...Like I was sat next to one of the Stewards..although he Masha'Allah realised and stood up most of the time. You'd rather listen to nashheeds at home...thats what I think to be honest :-[

mizan_aliashraf
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Salam
These kinds of events are usually filled with fitnah. Just look at GPU for 2005/2006. I would advise you all to stay away.
Wassalam

AbuAbdallah
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
salaam,

It's a mubaah act anyway and as the bro said the seating is mixed although you can be seperate but on the day you never know
Although I have never been to one of these concerts, from what I hear, it is far from being a mubaah act. I feel sorry for the naive parents that send their kids there thinking it is halaal entertainment.

Re.TiReD
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I mean...you dont get rewarded for lisnin to nashheds...do you??? i dint think so anyway..and you can donate whenever you want...dont need to go to a concert to do that :w:

AbuAbdallah
03-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I mean...you dont get rewarded for lisnin to nashheds...do you??? i dint think so anyway..and you can donate whenever you want...dont need to go to a concert to do that
I am pretty sure you would be getting sins if you went, which would make it a haraam act.

sister03
03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
jazakhallah bro for leting me know i didnt really consider that it would be mix male and female, because when we watch the program it is mix with female and male. it is best not to go and donate what we can inshallah we wil get the reward.

MuHiTH
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
jazakallah, from reading this thread because i was about to buy my ticket. I havent been to GPU but i plan to this year, inshallah. I mostly attend YMO UK events that happen in east london mosque.

MuHiTH
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
jazakallah, from reading this thread because i was about to buy my ticket. I havent been to GPU but i plan to this year, inshallah. I mostly attend YMO UK events that happen in east london mosque. really inspiring speeches

Re.TiReD
03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
:sl: ma sistaz goin...dunno how to persuade her not to...she tinks am bein xtreme wen i tell her bout the music side of it..she dont care :X I went last year..NEVER AGAIN!! :w:

Helena
03-23-2007, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *UmmQalam*
:sl: ma sistaz goin...dunno how to persuade her not to...she tinks am bein xtreme wen i tell her bout the music side of it..she dont care :X I went last year..NEVER AGAIN!! :w:
tell her other points too inshAllah..not just one issue..more issues can be discovered in this event....just to be on the safe side inshAllah....

i went for last two years..didnt understand nothing at all...but since last year it sank into me...the actual truth......

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *UmmQalam*
tell her to compare last years evening of inspiration to a church crowd.... not much difference... audhubillah!

sister03
03-24-2007, 10:05 AM
salaamz! you will have to tell your sistaz that it is mix female and males whats the point of going to the gathering like that!

Re.TiReD
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
:sl: aww subhanAllah! she's not goin...itz been cancelled from college :D :w:

ruhi
03-30-2007, 07:16 PM
never been to this sort of event.....i feel its more like a business than islamic. sorry if i've offended anyone.

Maimunah
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
anyone of u went to that lecture that was held in luton where ulamaa came and gave talk!! if yes, then u wouldn't be thinking of going to event like this.

Helena
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
wot was the talk about sis? summary plz...inshAllah...:D

Maimunah
03-30-2007, 09:01 PM

they talked about the real unity of islam, hijrah, how to give dawah, how to approach ahlul bidah. subhanalah its was really nice. i think one of the shuyuuk was a student of sheikh albani rahimaulah

AhlaamBella
04-02-2007, 07:00 PM
ummm does anyone know if Native Deen are going to be there?

Re.TiReD
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
:sl: yeah they are :X Manchester one is today

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I went to the manchester one last night. The performance was good. The audience SUCKED. Screaming, whistling, squealing. Plus a bunch of giggling morons chased Hamza Robertson asking for photos and autographs!! please!

dziria
04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
i went last year :]..alhamdulilah..MET NATIVE DEEN!!
and Zain, and Rasheed lol..but i dont think im going this yr..

sister03
04-08-2007, 12:25 PM
i wanted to go but found out that we shouldnt go!
what ever happends for the best.

Helena
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
if brothers or sister are interested in this event..

it will be shown live on islam channel at 5.00pm....

surely we can see wots taking place in the event.....

Maidah
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Ya saw a bit of it on islam channel. Why do they take so many gaps and breaks in between, kinda frustrating. And i think they should have the donation session seperate from the event broadcasting. Other than that seems nice.:D

Sister_6038
04-09-2007, 09:00 PM
asalaamualaikum i was helping out at the manchester event..and i believe that yes whilst there were kids screaming and shouting, the event overall was a great success, whilst the fundraising was taking place, i was in a section where there were quite a few young sisters and seriously, it was an eye opener for them, and alhamdulilah quite a few of them took what was said in regards to the orphan sponsorship and decided to fill in pledge forms. one sister commented that she would rather save the money of a chocolate bar a day and put it towards changing the life of someone worse off than her.

i mean i know that i, myself last time was kinda put off with the whole nasheed event thing, due to the screaming and inappropiate behaviour, but in all fairness, that was but a small minority out of so many people there...

AhlaamBella
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
asalaamualaikum i was helping out at the manchester event..and i believe that yes whilst there were kids screaming and shouting, the event overall was a great success, whilst the fundraising was taking place, i was in a section where there were quite a few young sisters and seriously, it was an eye opener for them, and alhamdulilah quite a few of them took what was said in regards to the orphan sponsorship and decided to fill in pledge forms. one sister commented that she would rather save the money of a chocolate bar a day and put it towards changing the life of someone worse off than her.

i mean i know that i, myself last time was kinda put off with the whole nasheed event thing, due to the screaming and inappropiate behaviour, but in all fairness, that was but a small minority out of so many people there...

Fair point sis. I was in the gallery at the front row and the screaming behind me was unbearable to be honest. Grown sisters aswell. not just the young ones.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.