/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Ahadeeth pertaining to Manners, Righteousness & Keeping Good Relations

Umm Yoosuf
03-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Some Ahadeeth pertaining to Manners, Righteousness
& Keeping Good Relations

Taken from
Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

28- On the authority of Hamzah bin Suhaib on the authority of his father who said that Umar said to Suhaib: You are a great man but would that you didn’t have three characteristics!

He asked: And what are they?

He answered: You have taken a kuniya (nickname) but you don't have a son. You ascribe yourself to the Arabs but you are from Rome and you waste food.

Suhaib replied: As for your saying: “You have taken a kuniya (nickname) but you don't have a son”, rather the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – gave me a kuniya, Abu Yahya.

As for your saying: that I ascribed my self to the Arabs and that I'm not from them but that I'm from Rome. Rather, I am a person from an-Nimar bin Qaasit and I was taken as a prisoner from Mousil to Rome while I was a child and knew my lineage.

As for your saying: that I waste food. Rather, I heard the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam –saying: 'The best of you are those who feed people.'

No.44

29- On the authority of Abdullaah bin 'Amroo on the authority of the Prophet - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – who said: 'The pleasure of your Lord is in pleasing your father. And the anger of your Lord is in making your father angry.'

No.516

30- On the authority of Abu Huraira, on the authority of the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – who said: 'Musa asked his Lord about six characteristics, which he thought were only and purely for him alone and he did not like the seventh one.

1- He asked: 'O my Lord! Which of your slaves are the most pious?

He answered: He who/the one who remembers Allaah and does not forget.

2- He asked: 'Which of your slaves are the most guided?

He answered: the one who follows the guidance.

3- He asked: Which of your slaves is the best in judgement?

He answered: the one who judges for the people just as he judges for his own self.

4- He asked: Which of your slaves is the most knowledgeable?

He answered: The one who is not satisfied and always has a thirst for knowledge, he adds the knowledge of the people to his knowledge.

5- He asked: which of your slaves are the most honourable?

He answered: The one who has the capability to forgive, then forgives.

6- He asked: Which of your slaves is the most content?

He answered: The one who is pleased with what he is given.

7- He asked: Which of your slaves is the neediest?

He answered: The one who utilizes what he has and always requires more.

Then the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – said: Satisfaction is not that which is apparent; indeed satisfaction is satisfaction of the self/soul. If Allaah intends good for His slave then He places satisfaction in his soul and his Taqwa (piety) in his heart. And if Allaah intends evil for a slave then He places poverty where ever he turns.'

No. 3350

31- On the authority of 'Alee who said: when I held onto the weapon of Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – I found a slip of paper in the sheath of the sword (scabbard) of Allaah’s Messenger which had on it: 'Keep good relations with the one who breaks away from you. Be good to the one who is bad to you and say the truth even if it is against yourself.'

No. 1911

32- On the authority of Anas who said: There was a man who was with the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – the man's son came, he kissed him and sat him on his lap. His daughter came and he just sat her next to him. The Messenger - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – said: 'If only you had been just between them!' No.3098

Last Updated ( Sunday, 04 March 2007 )

http://www.minhaj-us-sunnah.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136&Itemid=2

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
03-05-2007, 03:01 AM
JazakAllah khair

Umar001
03-05-2007, 03:06 AM
SubhanAllah, the last one is so so so amazing. Justices between children.

Goku
03-05-2007, 03:07 AM
Nice, JzK

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maimunah
03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
mashaAllah i love them all especially the first one subhnaAllah and the hadith 31.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.