03-05-2007, 11:47 AM
:sl:
go to www.askimam.com to find the answers to all your islamic question
hope every1 finds it useful

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
03-05-2007, 12:11 PM

dont open more than one thread brother :)

Talha777
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

There has been some complaint about www.askimam.com as it seems many times Mufti Desai sahib does not provide dalil with his answers to important questions and matters. Therefore, I recommend www.islamqa.com which has answers to thousands of questions from Shaikh Salih Munajid.

Also, brother Iqbal Soofi sahib I don't know what you mean by Imams are in the business for sensationalism. The ulama in general are our most precious class, and they bear one of the most heaviest responsibilities. We should give them utmost respect and love for their noble work, and we should never abuse them. Jazak Allah khair.

Snowflake
03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
This is only a verbal opinion of a few people that our ulema are the most precious class. Practically, nobody likes to send ones normal child to make an alim out of him. It's due to nothing but their reputation. I simply disclosed this fact in my previous post. You termed it as an abuse to our ulema. Now tell me why it's considered an abuse to ulema if somebody tells the truth about them?
Is it fair to tar all ulema with the same brush? Because that is exactly what you are doing. I know imaams have a bit of a bad reputation in Pakistan, but that's their fault for 1. misinterpreting Islam and 2. mainly for not practicing what they preach. But even then that isn't the case with all of them and definitely not with imaams in the rest of the world.

In general they are worthy of respect and your opinion of them is just that.. an opinion - certainly not a fact. There are more people than you think that do want their children to become alims - myself being one of them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iqbal_soofi
03-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Why somebody would want to know from some unknown person hidden behind the web pages, when you can find all answers to your questions directly from Quran? Why do you think it confusing, complicated or misleading if you tried yourself? Afterall you're educated more than those hidden faces at least. How can you be confident of people who get funding from unknown sources to run their websites?

- Qatada -
03-05-2007, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Why somebody would want to know from some unknown person hidden behind the web pages, when you can find all answers to your questions directly from Quran? Why do you think it confusing, complicated or misleadingif you tried? How can you be confident of people who get funding from unknown sources to run their websites?

I want to know how much of my wealth i have to pay for zakaah, can you answer me that from the Qur'an please? :)

'Abd al-Baari
03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Why somebody would want to know from some unknown person hidden behind the web pages, when you can find all answers to your questions directly from Quran? Why do you think it confusing, complicated or misleading if you tried yourself? Afterall you're educated more than those hidden faces at least. How can you be confident of people who get funding from unknown sources to run their websites?
Salams
I don't mean to sound rude or offensive bro but we need our respected Ulamas to interpret the Quran and Hadiths for us. There are somethings that are not mentioned in the Quran but are just as important, so we need to use both

Jazakllah

iqbal_soofi
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
I want to know how much of my wealth i have to pay for zakaah, can you answer me that from the Qur'an please? :)
How do the religious scholars know about it? From Hadith? Yes. Then why we've to ask everytime from a religious scholars if we can read the hadith by ourselves. If you're not educated and cannot, then you can ask a religious scholars to read it for you, but if you're an educted person and can run a website or post articles on it to promote the religious scholars, then I am sure you'd able to find simple questions from Hadith directly. You only need to know a simple mathematics to calculate the amount of zakat on your wealth. I believe that everybody here on this forum knows much better mathematics than the religious scholars. Mathematics is one of the few imporatant subjects that are not taught in religious madrisas. Rather, they took out big demonstrations when government in Pakistan wanted them to teach a little bit of mathematics in madrisas.

- Qatada -
03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
:salamext:

Okay, so you agree that we do use ahadith also. Now where does it say that the scholars shouldn't learn mathematics? Why stereotype all scholars to not be knowledgable of maths just because the ones you may know don't know it that well?

If we knew ahadith, then we would have to know there authenticity. We would also need to know the context in which they were discussed in. The same can be said about the verses of Qur'an.

If we studied all these areas in depth, and worked our way to become knowledgable enough to extract our own rulings - then yes, we would become scholars ourselves. But because we're not that knowledgable, we turn to the scholars who have that knowledge so that they can help us by giving us the proofs and evidences.

So yes - we respect these scholars because they inherit the knowledge off the true Prophets of Allaah. :)

BlissfullyJaded
03-05-2007, 09:26 PM

*Threads Merged*

Talha777
03-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Was somebody's post deleted?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.