/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus pbuh in Quran Vs Hadith

shanu
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters in islam.
I believe in the Quran as a word of God and i do respect the hadiths very much. But i take the words of the Quran as the final rules upon every Muslim and the hadith merely as a reference of how the Holy Prophet Mohammed pbuh lived. N i firmly believe, if there are rules which r only mentioned in the hadith and nt the Quran, to not be taken into consideration.

The returning of Jesus pbuh has been clearly writtened in the hadiths. N i wondered if it had been written in the Quran. The Prophet Mohammed pbuh cannot predict the future but only acted as a messenger of Allah. That means, whatever he recieves from Allah he conveys to the ppl.

However, the return of Jesus pbuh has been written in the Quran. N i find many Muslims getting very confused over the issue. Every Muslim must remmeber that Quran is very simplified so that even a layman can understand what has been written.

The verses that indicate the coming of jesus pbuh
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- 4:157

If Jesus pbuh had truly died, it wld have been written clearly. However, Allah clearly states that Jesus pbuh has not been killed!

Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;- 4:158

Earlier on, Allah swt says Jesus had not been killed. In the next verse, Allah swt says Jesus pbuh had been raised. Some Muslims argue that if one is raised onto Allah, that means the person has died. If Allah clearly stated earlier Jesus pbuh isnt killed, then this "raising" does not mean he had died. It could mean that Allah took jesus pbuh away

And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;- 4:159

This last verse could mean(correct me if im wrong) that the ppl of the scriptures will believe in him before he dies, and he would be a witness in the day of resurrection.

I hope that these serve as enough proofs that Jesus pbuh is nt dead and that he will return

Allah knows best

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Talha777
03-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Wa alaikum assalam sister Shanu,

I'm surprised you didn't mention the most important verse in the Holy Quran dealing with the Messiah's (alaihi salam) second coming;

وَإِنَّهُ لَعِلْمٌ لِّلسَّاعَةِ فَلَا تَمْتَرُنَّ بِهَا وَاتَّبِعُونِ هَذَا صِرَاطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way. (Az-Zukhruf 43:61)

People, especially Ahmadis/Qadianis who believe that the second coming of Jesus (alaihi salam) is nowhere mentioned in the Holy Quran conveniently ignore this verse which clearly establishes the doctrine of the second coming, and those who deny it are without a doubt outside the pale of Islam.

Regarding the authentic Sunnat and Holy Quran, they are both the "final" rules of Islam as they are both based on divine revelation from Allah. You cannot say that one is more binding than the other, they are both equally binding. However, you could say that that which is in the Holy Quran deals with a more important affairs and beliefs of mankind, and that which is in Sunnat are mostly the practical details.

NobleMuslimUK
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shanu
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters in islam.
I believe in the Quran as a word of God and i do respect the hadiths very much. But i take the words of the Quran as the final rules upon every Muslim and the hadith merely as a reference of how the Holy Prophet Mohammed pbuh lived. N i firmly believe, if there are rules which r only mentioned in the hadith and nt the Quran, to not be taken into consideration.

The returning of Jesus pbuh has been clearly writtened in the hadiths. N i wondered if it had been written in the Quran. The Prophet Mohammed pbuh cannot predict the future but only acted as a messenger of Allah. That means, whatever he recieves from Allah he conveys to the ppl.

However, the return of Jesus pbuh has been written in the Quran. N i find many Muslims getting very confused over the issue. Every Muslim must remmeber that Quran is very simplified so that even a layman can understand what has been written.

The verses that indicate the coming of jesus pbuh
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- 4:157

If Jesus pbuh had truly died, it wld have been written clearly. However, Allah clearly states that Jesus pbuh has not been killed!

Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;- 4:158

Earlier on, Allah swt says Jesus had not been killed. In the next verse, Allah swt says Jesus pbuh had been raised. Some Muslims argue that if one is raised onto Allah, that means the person has died. If Allah clearly stated earlier Jesus pbuh isnt killed, then this "raising" does not mean he had died. It could mean that Allah took jesus pbuh away

And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;- 4:159

This last verse could mean(correct me if im wrong) that the ppl of the scriptures will believe in him before he dies, and he would be a witness in the day of resurrection.

I hope that these serve as enough proofs that Jesus pbuh is nt dead and that he will return

Allah knows best
:sl: Sister.

I can see the point you are trying to make about the confusion people have about Isa AS being raised, that he must have died before that, I dont understand why people have this confusion.
Also could you mention the Hadith which you think might be in contradiction.

- Qatada -
03-05-2007, 06:29 PM
:salamext:

Sister, remember that we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) and his companions. We can't interpret them according to our own interpretation, so i encourage you to read the tafsir/explanation of those verses from here insha'Allaah:

The Evil Accusation the Jews Uttered Against Maryam and Their Claim that They Killed `Isa
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=4&tid=12730

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.