/* */

PDA

View Full Version : as-salaam u alaikim

ManhattanBrian
07-22-2005, 10:36 PM
As I am still early in my personal journey, I haven't necessarily felt led to comment, rather to observe and learn.

Insh-allaah I will stay on the path, and will endeavor to learn the meaning of the Quran, as I learn more every day that I study.

Due to the continuing terrorist acts of the servants of D'jaal posing as Muslims :anger: , it is becoming much more difficult to stay in one's faith.

My faith is strong, but my personal committment is weak. :sorry:

Insh-allaah I will strengthen my personal committment to Islam.

My biggest challenge is to overcome my fear of Friday congregational prayer, then to move on to doing salat.

I am blessed in that I live only 2 miles from the Islamic Center on 96th Street and 3rd Ave in Manhattan.

Brian Bradford
Manhattan, NY, NY
from Washington State
:email: brian_br_wa@yahoo.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
07-22-2005, 10:39 PM
my i be the first to welcome you, and i hope we can become friends and hopefully strong muslim brothers :)

aamirsaab
07-22-2005, 10:43 PM
:sl: :brother:
Afraid of friday prayers? Ah don't let that mawlbee saab and his big stick scare you - that is just for little kids.
Inshalla, your commitment will grow stronger. I found that reading quran helps one's commitment. Enjoy your stay here, but watch out for them political threads...

junna1
07-23-2005, 02:06 AM
:sl:

Welcome to LI, bro.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.