PDA

View Full Version : Not funny at all... :(

Ra`eesah
05-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

FUNNY

-Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you take it to Masjid, but so
small when you take it to the mall.

-Funny how long it takes to do Zikr for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60
minutes of basketball.

-Funny how long a couple of hours spent at Masjid are, but how short
they are when watching a movie.

-Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't
have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

-Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra
innings, but we complain when a "Tarawe7" during Ramadhan is longer
than the regular time.

-Funny how hard it is to read a Juz in the Quran, but how easy it is
to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

-Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but
scramble to get a back row at Masjid so that scramble out.

-Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a Masjid event
into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the
last moment.

-Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple Preaching well enough
to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand
and repeat gossip.

-Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but question what the
Quran says.

-Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to
believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.

-Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like
wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think
twice about sharing.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT?

Are you laughing?

Are you thinking?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ammar
05-08-2005, 10:30 AM
very true

inklink98
05-24-2005, 12:08 AM
:applaud: That was very good. It should be a reminder for those who are being mislead off the path.

MetSudaisTwice
05-24-2005, 08:12 AM
mashallah that is very good, jazakallah for that precious reminder sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
05-24-2005, 10:08 AM
:sl:

And (as for) these examples, We set them forth for men, and none understand them but the learned.

h1jabi_sista
05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
jazakallah sis! very thought provoking :)

:w:

Ibn Syed
07-05-2005, 02:35 PM

A good reminder I would like to share.

Funny isn't it ?!

- Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you take it to the Mosque, but so small when you take it to the market.

- Funny how long it takes to do Zikr for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.

- Funny how long a couple of hours spent at the Mosque are, but how short they are when watching a movie.

- Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

- Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a "Tarahvi" during Ramadhan is longer than the regular time.

- Funny how hard it is to read a Para(Juz) in the Quran, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

- Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a back row at mosque so that they can scramble out fast.

- Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a Mosque event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.

- Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple Preaching well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip.

- Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but question what the Quran says.

- Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.

-Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT?

Are you laughing? Are you thinking?
Give thanks to Allah for He is good & Mercifull!

By Sister Zarina

07-05-2005, 02:43 PM
:applaud: subhana allah that's true brother
jazakallah for sharing :thumbs_up

Brother_Mujahid
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
yes very funny...........

* ;D *

its a good reminder, gets you thinking

wasalam :shade:

Genius
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
I didn't find it too funny.

Hajar
07-05-2005, 04:24 PM

Nice post :thumbs_up

Ibn Syed
07-05-2005, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
v had it already here b4,
posted by Sis 3washey :-\
http://islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=2092

some work for the MODs :)
Oops I didn't see that. I did a search for funny but nothin like this came up. :confused:

Bittersteel
07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Nice.its a reminder.....

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Threads merged (jazakAllah khair br. zAk, that was very helpful of you :) )

A very nice list. Something to think about.

Beauty~of~Faith
07-23-2005, 12:17 AM
"بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم"

:salaam:

Im new here, thought i should try registering in an english (foreign to me) forum about islam to see the differences,, i havent seen much yet, but i got a good first impression :D
I just want to say how proud and tremendously envious i am (in a good way of course :p ) of those who were led by Allah :arabic4: with their hearts, souls, minds, and desires to islam while they've been at that time living their lives to the fullest as non-muslims or agnostics.
Sobhan Allah really....
and im really enriched with faith and hope that this islamic establishment and all other sites and forums related to islam will (God Willing) enlight the true path to Allah and heaven for many humans who have fallen in the dark well of sins and misdeeds.
and to those who were born as muslims: Mashallah! ;) i pray Allah to keep u on the right track and be a cause for the greater good.

anyway, heres a couple of reminders of how people are behaving nowadays regarding life and islamic duties. :'(

SalihaMuslima
07-23-2005, 01:13 AM
As-sâlamu 'alaykum ukhti fil îslam

It's really the truth .. Subhân'Allâh .. I cant understand why some people akt like that .. But inshâ'Allâh Ta'âla Allâh subhâna wa Ta'âla guides them the right way.. Amin..

junna1
07-23-2005, 02:41 AM

Jazakallah for posting that sis. It is very true. :applaud:

Angel24
07-23-2005, 03:25 AM

Jazakallah for posting sis.....
indeed it is true for the people of now adays...

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-23-2005, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Threads merged (jazakAllah khair br. zAk, that was very helpful of you :) )

Bittersteel
07-23-2005, 10:01 PM
men are corrupted these days.

NooralHaya
07-27-2005, 12:22 AM
mashaAllah ive seen this a number of times i hope inshaAllah people use it to reflect

abdurrazak
07-30-2005, 12:05 PM
:D hehheh

*Sonya
08-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Funny, isn't it?

Funny how simple it is for people to trash Allah and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Allah says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything that Allah says.

Funny how someone can say "I believe in Allah" but still follow Shaytaan

(Who, also "believes" in Allah).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what Allah thinks of me. Are you thinking?

Far7an
08-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Thread moved, I feel it is more appropriate in the peotry section.

Jazakallah khair for sharing that..

Uthman
08-13-2005, 05:21 PM

JazakAllah for sharing.

It's already been posted on this page. Should it be merged?

Ummu Amatullah
08-13-2005, 05:28 PM
;D :applaud:

Ummu Amatullah
08-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Jazakallah sister or brother Jazakallah for the wake up call.Like Osman already mentioned it's on another thread.

08-13-2005, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
E D I T ! :-\
:p ;D ;D

Ameeratul Layl
10-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Was sent to me via e-mail....read a little bit but thought I'd share the rest of it with you.
Sorry, mods.....if its in the wrong place :)

Rasulullah S.A.W. said "Jannat lies under the feet of your mother"
Rasulullah S.A.W. said "if you read the kalima with conviction just once...Jannah becomes upon you

Rasulullah S.A.W. said "a women who reveals her body or even wears tight
fitting clothes while dressing....wont come within 500 years of the smell of Jannah

Rasulullah S.A.W. said "the dust which settles on a man while he
is out in the path of Allah...not only the fire, but the smoke of Jahannam is haraam for those parts of the body.

Rasulullah S.A.W. said "I only curse 3 types of people:

1) those people who do not look after their parents when they are in old age.
2) those people who do not take full advantage of the blessed month of Ramadhan.

3) those people who don not say Salallahu -Alayhay-

Wa-Aalahay- Wasallam when my name is mentioned.

Rasulullah S.A.W said "an intelligent person is one who is constantly thinking about and preparing for death"

Rasulullah S.A.W. said "It is better for a man that a steel nail be driven through the centre of his head....rather than if he touches the palm of a strange women"

PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO READ THIS.
Imagine this happening to you.
One day during Jummah salah, a 1,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying sub-machine guns. One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Allah remain where you are." Immediately, the congregation fled, and out of the 1,000 there only remained around 20. The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the Imaam and said "Okay Maulana, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your sermon, and the two men turned and walked out.

Too deep not to pass on...
Funny how simple it is for people to trash Allah ... And then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Quran says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Quran says.

Funny or is it scary?

Funny how someone can say "I believe in Allah" but still follow Shaitaan (who, by the way, also "believes" in Allah).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and
they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of Allah is suppressed in the school and workplace. Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for
Allah on Friday but be an invisible Muslim the rest of the week. Are you laughing?

Funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me
than what Allah thinks of me.

Are you thinking?

Will you share this with people you care about? Or not?

***In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful***

This is another one that someone sent:

Shuel Ahmed wrote:
Why a nun can be covered from head to toe and she's respected
for devoting herself to God, but then a Muslim woman does that, she's considered "oppressed"?

Why a Jew can grow a beard and he's just practicing his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he's an extremist?

When a western woman stays at home to look after the house and kids she is sacrificing herself and doing good for the household, but when a Muslim woman does so, she "needs to be liberated"?

Why is it that when a child dedicates himself to a subject, hehas potential, and when a child dedicates himself to Islam, he is hopeless?

When a Christian kills someone, religion is not mentioned, (i.e. Ireland and the IRA) but when a Muslim is charged with a crime, it's Islam that goes to trial?

But then again, why is it after all that, Islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world?

Take 60 seconds and give this a shot! Let's just see if Satan stops this one.

All you do is:
1. Say:

a- Subhaan-Allah
b- Alhamdu-Lillah
c- Allaahu-Akbar
d- Laa Ilaahallla-Allaahu -
Muhammad-ur-Rasoolullah
e- Allaahumma Sualli Alaa Sayyidina
>Muhammad-ew-wa
Alaa Aalihi wa>SahabihiWasallim

2. Then:
Send it on to five other people or more. Within hours, five people have prayed and you caused a multitude of people to pray to Allah, and

3. Then:
Sit back and watch the power of Allah work in your life for doing the thing that you know HE loves.

MetSudaisTwice
10-05-2005, 12:14 PM
salam
jazakallah sis, great post mashallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I bet u didnt even read it all. :p

Allah ma3ak :coolsis:

MetSudaisTwice
10-05-2005, 12:16 PM
salam
betting is haram in islam and yes sis i did read it all
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-05-2005, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
betting is haram in islam and yes sis i did read it all
wasalam

There goes the shiekh....only joking.
Okay I'll try to believe u :p

MetSudaisTwice
10-05-2005, 12:22 PM
salam
lol sis believe what you want, because i know i read it and it was really beneficial to me jazakallah
wasalam

Far7an
10-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I have edited the post, so it is easier to read, and also deleted all offtopic posts.

barakallahu feekum

Ameeratul Layl
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

I have edited the post, so it is easier to read, and also deleted all offtopic posts.

barakallahu feekum

JazakAllah brother :)

Allah ma3ak :coolsis:

MetSudaisTwice
10-05-2005, 12:38 PM
salam
jazakallah bro some useful info added too by bro farhan about the hypocrites
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
jazakallah bro some useful info added too
wasalam e

There is? I beta check :)

Allah ma3ak
e

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM

Good post, but i found 1 flaw in one of them:
One day during Jummah salah, a 1,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying sub-machine guns. One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Allah remain where you are." Immediately, the congregation fled, and out of the 1,000 there only remained around 20. The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the Imaam and said "Okay Maulana, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your sermon, and the two men turned and walked out.
Whyd they walk out? They got rid of the hypocrites but also left themselves ? without praying?

MetSudaisTwice
10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
salam
yeah they showed the hyprocrites so they should stay and pray and listen to the sermon
wasalam

Samee
10-05-2005, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687

Good post, but i found 1 flaw in one of them:

Whyd they walk out? They got rid of the hypocrites but also left themselves ? without praying?

Maybe they fled before the police came and arrested them? :)

Far7an
10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Or or or, mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe the story aint true? :brother:

Bass
10-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Jazakalah for the posts
Very useful

waji
10-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Aslam u Alikum
Jazak Allah very good
walikum as salam

Ameeratul Layl
11-18-2005, 03:25 PM

Funny, isn't it?
Funny how simple it is for people to trash Allah and then wonder
why the world's going to hell.
Funny how we believe what the newspapers say,
but question what the Allah says.
Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything that Allah says.
Funny how someone can say "I believe in Allah" but still follow Shaytaan
(Who, also "believes" in Allah).
Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messagesregarding Allah,
people think twice about sharing.
Funny how when you go to forward this message,
you will not send it to many on your address list
because you're not sure what they believe,
or what they will think of you for sending it to them.
Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of
me than what Allah thinks of me.

~Raindrop~
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
salaams nice poem mashallah. i had a similar 1, but i'll have to look 4 it. maybe tomorrow,inshallah. wassalam

habib
11-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Slaam

nice one ..
i have a poem simply like this ..
but it's different with this ..

MetSudaisTwice
11-18-2005, 03:36 PM
salam
mashallah a great poem
wasalam

nurul3eyn
01-30-2006, 09:14 AM
- Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you take it to the Mosque, but so small when you take it to the market.
- Funny how long it takes to do Zikr for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.
- Funny how long a couple of hours spent at the Mosque are, but how short they are when watching a movie.
- Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.
- Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a "Tarawih" during Ramadan is longer than the regular time.
- Funny how hard it is to read a Para in the Quran, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.
- Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a back row at mosque so that they can scramble out fast.
- Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a Mosque event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.
- Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple Preaching well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip.
- Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but question what the Quran says.
- Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.
- Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.
FUNNY, ISN'T IT?
Give thanks to Allah for He is good & Merciful!

hidaayah
01-30-2006, 09:41 AM
gud reminder..jazakallah khairun sis..
wassalam

sapphire
01-30-2006, 10:14 AM
jazakallah for tht...great reminder!!!

Tilmeez
01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Nice work by all - senders who sent the poem n of course Mods who caught two different threads and merged them togather....

waji
03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
In The Name Of Allah,
the most Beneficent, the most Gracious, the most Merciful!
Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "Jannat lies under the feet of your
mother."

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "If you read the kalima with conviction
just once,
Jannah becomes upon you."

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "A women who reveals her body or even
wears tight
fitting clothes wont come within 500 years of the smell of
Jannah."

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "The dust which settles on a man while he
is out in
the path of Allah; not only the fire, but the smoke of Jahannam is
haraam for
those parts of the body."

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "I only curse 3 types of people;

1. Those people who do not look after their parents when they are
in old
age.

2. Those people who do not take full advantage of the blessed
month of
Ramadan.

3. Those people who don not say, 'Salallahu -Alayhay- -Wa-Aalahay
Wasallam'
when my name is mentioned."

Rasulullah S.A.W said, "An intelligent person is one who is
constantly
thinking about and preparing for death."

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "It is better for a man that a steel nail
be driven
through the centre of his head rather than if he touches the palm
of a

strange women."

PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO READ THIS.

Imagine this happening to you...

One day during Jummah Salah, a 1,000 member congregation was
surprised to

see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and
carrying
sub-machine guns.

One of the men proclaimed,

"Anyone willing to take a bullet for Allah remain where you are."

Immediately, the congregation fled, and out of the 1,000 there
only remained
around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the Imaam and
said,
"Okay Maulana, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin
your
sermon."

The two men then turned and walked out."

Too deep not to pass on?

"Funny how simple it is for people to trash Allah ... and then
wonder why
the world's going to hell."

"Funny how we believe what the newspapers say ... but question
what the
Qu'ran says."

"Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven ... provided they do not
have to
believe, think, say, or do anything the Quran says."

"Funny how someone can say 'I believe in Allah' ... but still
follow
Shaitaan (who, by the way, also 'believes' in Allah)."

"Funny how you can send thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they
spread
like wildfire ... but when you start sending messages regarding
Allah, people
think twice about sharing."

"Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through
cyberspace ... but the public discussion of Allah is suppressed in
the school and
workplace."

Funny, isn't it?

"Funny how someone can be so fired up for Allah on Friday ... but
be an
invisible Muslim the rest of the week."

Are you laughing?

"Funny how when you go to forward this message ... you will not
send it to
many on your address list because you're not sure what they
believe, or what
they will think of you for sending it to them."

"Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of
me ...
than what Allah thinks of me."

Are you thinking?

Will you share this with people you care about?

Or not?

In The Name Of Allah,
the most Beneficent, the most Gracious, the most Merciful!

snowdropjasmine
03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Funny, isn't it?

Funny how simple it is for people to trash ALLAH and
then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but
question what the ALLAH says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided
they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything
the ALLAH says. (Or is it scary?)

Funny how someone can say "I believe in ALLAH" but
still follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes" in ALLAH).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail
and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending
messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how when you go to forward this message, you
will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you
for sending it to them.

Funny how I can be more worried about what other
people think of me than what ALLAH thinks of me.
(Are you thinking?)

Halima
03-15-2006, 12:44 PM

Wow. Jazkhallah Khair for that!

snowdropjasmine
03-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Jazkhallah Khair brother

itsme01
03-15-2006, 12:49 PM

"Okay Maulana, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin
your
sermon."
:lol:

nice quotes above.

Khayal
03-16-2006, 04:58 AM

Jazak ALLAH khair.

Umm Safiya
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM

Jazak Allâhu khayr..

MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 12:07 PM
salam
jazakallah for sharing, that was a good eye-opener
wasalam

itsme01
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
could someone please provide reference for quote
Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "I only curse 3 types of people;
1. Those people who do not look after their parents when they are in old age.
2. Those people who do not take full advantage of the blessed month of Ramadan.
3. Those people who don not say, 'Salallahu -Alayhay- -Wa-Aalahay Wasallam' when my name is mentioned."

Khayal
03-25-2006, 06:21 AM
great sharing.

Sanobar
03-25-2006, 06:42 AM
jazakAllah for sharing~!

khaledmm123
03-25-2006, 09:14 AM
jazakallahu khair bro:)

afriend2
03-25-2006, 04:25 PM
salaam,

jazakAllah for sharing that bro! mashAllah a great read, and an awesome reminder! :)

wassalam

The Ruler
03-25-2006, 04:27 PM

jazak'allah tnx for sharin :) :thumbs_up

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Funny how $10 looks so big when we take it to masjid and so small
when we take it to the store.

Funny how big an hour serving God looks and how small 60 mintues are when spent playing golf, fishing or playing soccer.

Funny how laborious it is to read a juzz in the Quran and how easy it is to read - 2-300 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how we believe what newspapers say but question what the Quran says.

Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray and don't have any difficulty thinking of things to talk to a friend.

Funny how we need 2-3 weeks to fit an islamic event into our schedule, but can adjust it for a social event at the last moment.

Funny isn't it?

Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 01:01 PM
sorry zak

fa-muslim
04-16-2006, 03:35 AM
I like it. People (myself included) are too focused on trivial matters, and rarely think about the afterlife.

extinction
04-16-2006, 03:40 AM
wow Ive read this before but it still got me thinking...

Samira_01
05-25-2006, 08:16 PM

Funny how big an hour serving God looks and how small 60 mintues
are when spent playing golf, fishing or playing soccer.

Funny how laborious it is to read a juzz in the Quran and how
easy it is to read - 2-300 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how we believe what newspapers say but question what the
Quran says.

Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray and don't
have any difficulty thinking of things to talk to a friend.

Funny how we need 2-3 weeks to fit an islamic event into our
schedule, but can adjust it for a social event at the last moment.

Funny isn't it?

jameelash
06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
as-salamualaikum
an email message
* Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you take it to the mosque, but so small when you take it to the market.

* Funny how long it takes to do Zikr (remember Allah) for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.
* Funny how long a couple of hours spent at the mosque are, but how short they are when watching a movie.

* Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

* Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a "Tarawih" during Ramadhan is longer than the regular time.

* Funny how hard it is to read a chapter of the Holy Quran, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

* Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a back row at mosque so that they can scramble out fast.

* Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a mosque event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.

* Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple preaching well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip.

* Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but question what the Quran says.

* Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.

* Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT?

Give thanks to Allah for He is good & Merciful!

afriend
08-14-2006, 03:22 AM
lol...So many threads merged...And so it should be!

Effort for the almighty is vital for our success :)

Hashim_507
08-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Good post

Khayal
08-14-2006, 03:44 AM

JazaakAllah..

Na7lah
08-15-2006, 10:04 PM
i read it somewhere before but it's a very good poem.
salam

hafizyunus
08-22-2006, 12:11 AM

Something to think about...

-Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you take it to Mosque, but so
small when you take it to the market.

-Funny how long it takes to do Zikr for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60
minutes of basketball.

-Funny how long a couple of hours spent at Mosque are, but how short
they are when watching a movie.

-Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't
have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

innings, but we complain when a "Tarahvi" during Ramadhan is longer
than the regular time.

-Funny how hard it is to read a Para in the Quran, but how easy it is

-Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but
scramble to get a back row at mosque so that scramble out.

-Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a Mosque event
into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the
last moment.

-Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple Preaching well enough
to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand
and repeat gossip.

Quran says.

-Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to
believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.

-Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like
wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think
twice about sharing.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT?

Are you laughing? :giggling:

Are you thinking? :hmm:

Spread the Word and give thanks to Allah for He is Good & Mercifull!

Dahir
08-22-2006, 12:47 AM
-Funny how hard it is to read a Para in the Quran, but how easy it is
I actually enjoy reading the Quran as opposed to Novels that go nowhere but reveal a big "secret" that you could've figured out by reading the cover...but you make a great point.

innings, but we complain when a "Tarahvi" during Ramadhan is longer
than the regular time.
They both depend on the level of "excitement" or "involvement," and I think its a matter of who is giving the speech; I've literally spent hours and endless all-nighters listening to some Imams and scholars.

-Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.
There's only so much a man can hope for, and only so much he can complain about.

GREAT THREAD!! Top five on this forum from what I've seen lately.

hafizyunus
08-22-2006, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir

GREAT THREAD!! Top five on this forum from what I've seen lately.
Jazakhallah Brother.

*love4isl@m*
09-15-2006, 11:34 PM
FUNNY HOW LONG IT TAKES TO SERVE ALLAH FOR AN HOUR, BUT HOW QUICKLY A TEAM PLAYS 60 MINUTES OF BASKETBALL.......

FUNNY HOW $100 "LOOKS" SO BIG WHEN TAKEN TO THE MOSQUE, BUT SO SMALL WHEN TAKEN TO THE MALL.......

FUNNY HOW HARD IT IS TO READ A CHAPTER IN QURAN, BUT HOW EASY IT IS TO READ 100 PAGES OF A BEST SELLING NOVEL OR A MAGAZINE....

FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WANT TO GET A FRONT SEAT AT ANY GAME OR CONCERT, BUT SCRAMBLE TO SIT IN THE BACK OF THE MOSQUE...........

FUNNY HOW PEOPLE NEED 2 OR 3 WEEKS ADVANCE NOTICE TO FIT A MUSLIM EVENT INTO THEIR SCHEDULE, BUT CAN ADJUST THEIR SCHEDULE FOR OTHER EVENTS AT THE LAST MOMENT..........

FUNNY HOW PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THE NEWSPAPERS SAY, BUT QUESTION WHAT THE QUR'AN SAYS!!!

FUNNY HOW EVERYONE WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN PROVIDED THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BELIEVE, THINK, SAY, OR DO ANYTHING..........

.......................................BUT MORE FUNNY IS.....................................

HOW YOU CAN SEND THOUSAND 'JOKES' THROUGH E-MAIL AND THEY SPREAD LIKE WILDFIRE, BUT WHEN YOU START SENDING MESSAGES REGARDING ALLAH, PEOPLE THINK TWICE ABOUT SHARING.....................

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Yea it's all sad cases =\
May Allah guide us all, Inshallah.

Makky
09-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Subhan Allah

but exclude this
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
Quran says.

*love4isl@m*
09-22-2006, 04:02 PM
:sl: :salaam:

Ur welcome Sisters and brothers, :)
:thankyou: Thnx 4 ur suppoprt and replies,
uhmm yeah sorry

TAke care!

Helena
11-15-2006, 09:40 PM

Isn't it strange how

Isn't it strange how Rs. 20/=
seems like such a large
amount when
you donate it , but
such a small amount
when you go shopping?

Isn't it strange how 2 hours
seem so long when
you're at place of worship, and how
short they seem when you're
watching a good movie?

Isn't it strange that you can't
find a word to say when
you're praying,
but you have no trouble
thinking what to talk about
with a friend?

Isn't it strange how difficult
and boring it is to read
one chapter
of the Quran , but how easy
it is to read 100 pages of
a popular novel?

Isn't it strange how everyone
wants front-row-tickets
to concerts or
games, but they do whatever
is possible to sit at the last
row in a holy place?

Isn't it strange how difficult it
is to learn a fact about
God to share it
with others, but how easy
it is to learn, understand,
extend and repeat gossip?

Isn't it strange how everyone
wants a place in
heaven, but they don't want
to believe, do, or say anything
to get there?

"We are each of us angels with only one wing.
And we can only fly while embracing each other."

leave any comments inshalah.....

:w: :)

Skillganon
11-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Jazak Allah Khair sis.

M2A^AKIB^
11-15-2006, 11:43 PM
nice post!

limitless
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
good post

Hisbul_Aziz
11-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Mashallah

Ghira
11-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Funny things about Muslims

Funny how a $100 'looks' so big when taken to mosque, but
so small when taken to the mall.

Funny how long it takes to pray 'TARAWEEH' for an hour,
but how quickly a team plays 90 minutes of soccer.

Funny how long a couple of hours spent at the mosque
seem, but how short they are when watching a movie.

Funny how people can't think of a 'DUA' to say when they
pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a
friend.

Funny how people get thrilled when a football game goes
into extra time, but complain when a 'KHUTBAH' is longer than the
regular time.

Funny how hard it is to read an 'AIATH' in the holy
Quran, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or
concert, but scramble to sit in the back of a mosque.

Funny how hard it is for people to learn the simple
shariah, well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the
same people to understand and repeat gossip.

Funny how people believe what the newspaper says, but
question what is written in the Quran.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do
not have to believe, think, say or do anything.

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail
and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages
regarding Allah, people think twice about sharing.

Maidah
11-17-2007, 08:35 PM
y u sayin funny things bout muslims, all muslims r not lyk tht, and those tht are we shouldn't expose theirr faults but hide em 4rm others.

AhlaamBella
11-17-2007, 08:38 PM
iv heard those before lol. But I agree with sis Maidah. Not all muslims are like that. The titleof the thread sounds like a huge generalisation

Jayda
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
y u sayin funny things bout muslims, all muslims r not lyk tht, and those tht are we shouldn't expose theirr faults but hide em 4rm others.
hola,

i think, as a matter of politeness, it is not right to talk about people's faults. but at the same time it is not our responsibility or place to actively conceal them... that is deception. let each person's character be judged according to their own merits, and not upon the facades they construct for themselves or the facades we construct for them...

que Dios te bendiga

Pk_#2
11-17-2007, 09:42 PM
What you lot chatting about? Whose laughing?

Besides it's not in the halal fun section,

just hope someone learns from it,

or it should be in the bin along with all my threads.

Jayda
11-17-2007, 09:44 PM
i really like the first one... it is so true of Christians as well, my husband and i fight about this a lot

Pk_#2
11-17-2007, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
i really like the first one... it is so true of Christians as well, my husband and i fight about this a lot
Don't go to the mall to much sis, this life is but temporary,

Why do you fight? I hope that was a joke, I hope things get better between you and bro.

Jayda
11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Don't go to the mall to much sis, this life is but temporary,

Why do you fight? I hope that was a joke, I hope things get better between you and bro.
hola,

it is the other way around... i am catholic and he is protestant so we have different beliefs about the morality of wealth, i wish he would be more generous not only with Church but also with charities and other things... he believes that there is nothing sinful about wealth and he believes he gives 'enough' and the rest should be for the future of our family. we do not fight, per se, but it is a point of contention and he knows how i feel about it...

but no, it is not a joke, i truly believe that if people have more then they should give more. money is worthless in and of itself, its worth comes from what you do with it.

que Dios te bendiga

~Taalibah~
11-17-2007, 10:33 PM
That should be more of a warning. Read it before i think

Muslim Knight
11-18-2007, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
It is wrong to expose the fault of others, but in this case it wasn't talking about the faults of others. There weren't even any names.

Personally, I think this is a good article on muraqabah i.e. self-criticism. We should really read about how a good Muslim character chastise himself before others, in order better himself and to reach perfection that is demanded of him.

truemuslim
12-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Another one! This is REALLY true and inspiring!!! please read it!
:cry:

Quran says.

Funny isn't it?

truemuslim
12-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Please Read It?

Re.TiReD
12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
AssalamuAlaykum sis

Good post, I'm sure its been posted many times though...JazakAllah khayr nevertheless :peace:

truemuslim
12-15-2007, 12:05 AM
really? wow..lol

Souljette
12-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Soooooo truuuuuuu

~Taalibah~
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Please Read It?
I read it my friend, it is a remnider to us all. Jazakallah.

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...Butterfly...
AssalamuAlaykum sis

Good post, I'm sure its been posted many times though...JazakAllah khayr nevertheless :peace:

wow..i couldve sworn it was jihadunafs that posted that...

am i crazy?

or that juxo word?whatever it means..

dream gurl
04-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Quran says.

Funny isn't it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.