/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The most important Sunnah - Circumcision

iqbal_soofi
03-05-2007, 11:16 PM
One of the most important sunnah is circumcision.

Can somebody throw light at what age and where the holy prophet got it? Was it done prior to the first revelation or he got it when he was still a little child? My question is that was it already a custom in some kafirs or was it told to Muslims from Allah?

Also please describle the benefits of circumcision if somebody knows the medical science.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi

Can somebody throw light at what age and where the holy prophet got it? Was it done prior to the first revelation or he got it when he was still a little child? My question is that was it already a custom in some kafirs or was it told to Muslims from Allah?

Also please describle the benefits of circumcision if somebody knows the medical science.
Just for the record brother, you asked 'was it already a costum in some kafirs or was it told to Muslims from Allah'

I think it was told to Muslims (those on truth before Muhammad) because I had it and I was a Christian when I was a kid.

iqbal_soofi
03-06-2007, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Just for the record brother, you asked 'was it already a costum in some kafirs or was it told to Muslims from Allah'

I think it was told to Muslims (those on truth before Muhammad) because I had it and I was a Christian when I was a kid.
It's a very confusing reply. What do you mean by "those on truth before Muhammad"? Also who said, " because I had it and I was a Christian when I was a Kid."

Please make it clear which Muslims you're talking about before Muhammad? If there were some Muslims on truth before Muhammad, would they be going to Jannat too?

Talha777
03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Circumcision is a very important Sunnat. Unfortunately I do not know the age when it is SUPPOSED to be done. Mine was done when I was a baby, and if its not the Sunnat age than I have an excuse at least.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
03-06-2007, 01:58 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi

&&

u may visit the links

Medical Ethics of Male Circumcision

Najeeb - Iceland

Medical Ethics of Male Circumcision

Question

As-Salamu `alaykum! I would like to know your view about the significance of male circumcision; I mean: is there any scientific value or medical benefit behind such operation? Jazakum Allahu Khayran.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545032

Circumcision: Juristic, Medical & Social Perspectives

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2007, 02:02 AM
:sl:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=20015&ln=eng
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=14624&ln=eng

Ra`eesah
03-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Assalamu’Alaykum

For your questions Iqbal_soofi :

First Question:

Ibn Al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned three opinions concerning the circumcision of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said:

There are different opinions on this matter:

1 – That he was born circumcised
2 – That Jibreel circumcised him when he split open his chest
3 – That his grandfather ‘Abd al-Muttaalib circumcised him according to the Arab custom of circumcising their sons.

source: http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=31069&ln=eng&txt=circumcise

Second Question:

The first person to be circumcised was Prophet Ibrahim (alahis salaam) .

Abu Hurayra said, "Ibrahim, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was circumcised when he was 120 years old. Then he lived eighty years after that." ( Bukhari )

Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab said, "Ibrahim was the first to be circumcised, the first to give hospitality, the first to trim his moustache, the first to cut his nails and the first to get white hair. He said, 'O Lord, what is this?' 'Gravity,' Allah replied. Ibrahim said, 'O Lord, increase me in gravity!'" ( Bukhari )

So anyone after that who followed Ibrahim, Isa, Musa ( allahumus salaam) all practiced it, and even now you see that male circumcision is practiced in Christianity and Judaism. But at that time those who followed Isa and Musa ( allahumus salaam) were considered Muslims, because they submit to the will of Allaah as they were taugh to do so by their prophets at their time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.