/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Airstrike Kills 9 in Afghan Family

mahdisoldier19
03-06-2007, 01:18 AM
U.S. Airstrike Kills 9 in Afghan Family
By CARLOTTA GALL and ABDUL WAHEED WAFA

KABUL, Afghanistan, March 5 — Nine members of a family were killed in an American airstrike in central Afghanistan, including five women and three children during a battle with militants, Afghan officials said today.

The United States military acknowledged it had dropped two 2,000 pound bombs on a compound Sunday night but said it could not confirm the casualties.

The incident came just 12 hours after American forces in eastern Afghanistan opened fire on civilians when a suicide car bomb exploded next to their convoy Sunday morning, leaving at least 10 people dead and 25 wounded, according to Afghan officials. The shooting sparked angry demonstrations that blocked the main highway Sunday.

United States forces at a small base at Tape Ahmed Beg, in Kapisa province, northeast of Kabul, called in the airstrike after coming under rocket fire around 9 p.m. local time on Sunday, the American military said in a statement. When two men with Kalashnikov rifles were spotted entering a compound, they called an airstrike on the compound, which ended the engagement, it said.

“Coalition forces observed two men with AK-47s leaving the scene of the rocket attack and entering the compound,” said Lt. Col. David Accetta, a military spokesman, said in a statement. “These men knowingly endangered civilians by retreating into a populated area while conducting attacks against coalition forces,” he said.

“We did this in self-defense,” said Gen. Muhammad Eiwaz Masloom, police chief of Kapisa Province, whose police work alongside United States forces at the base. “The enemy of Afghanistan is trying to use different tactics to destroy the peace and stability in our area, especially in the districts of Tagab and Nejarab, and they have repeatedly attacked our bases,” he said. He said members of Hesb-e-Islami, a party led by a renegade mujahedeen commander, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, and Taliban supporters were active in the area.

But a local representative of the provincial council, Suraya Bahadur, who comes from Nejarab district where the bombing occurred, condemned it. “I condemned both the suicide attacks and the rocket attacks by the enemy of Afghanistan, and also I condemn these type of mistakes,” by American and NATO forces, she said. “We never want our civilian people to be killed.”

John Sifton, senior researcher at the New York-based group Human Rights Watch, also expressed concern at the level of force used by coalition and NATO troops. “That is heavy firepower to respond to two men, even if they have Kalashnikovs,” he said in a telephone interview. “If that version of events bears up, it would strongly suggest that the attack was disproportionate.” Mr. Sifton said insurgents also regularly violate the rules of war by using force near civilian areas.

President Hamid Karzai strongly condemned the killing of the civilians in eastern Afghanistan on Sunday morning in a statement from his office today. He blamed the “enemies of Afghanistan” for the suicide bombing, which “caused the American forces to fire on civilian people and demonstrators that killed 10 people.” He ordered a high-level government delegation to the scene to conduct a joint investigation with the United States military.

In a statement, the United States military lowered its own account of the death toll to 8 civilians killed and 35 wounded, (down from 16 dead and 24 wounded), saying that the latest figures were the most accurate it had. A spokesman at Bagram airbase, Sgt. Dean Welch, said that as the day progressed and after coordination with Afghan officials, the initial reports of 16 dead were corrected.

The statement said the United States military deeply regretted the loss of civilian life. “This attack put every innocent man, woman and child buying food or clothing in the bazaar at risk,” Army Col. John Nicholson, the Task Force Spartan commander, was quoted saying in the statement. United States forces would work with the Afghan authorities to “investigate and identify those responsible,” the statement said.

Nine witnesses including five Afghans recuperating from bullet wounds in the hospital told The Associated Press that American forces fired indiscriminately along at least a six-mile stretch of one of eastern Afghanistan’s busiest highways — a route often filled not only with cars and trucks but Afghans on foot and bicycles.

Civilian casualties have increased in the last year as the insurgency has seen a resurgence in southern and eastern Afghanistan. Mr. Sifton of Human Rights Watch called on the Afghan government and NATO and coalition forces to sit down and work out operating procedures for troops in these circumstances in order to prevent further civilian deaths.

Source http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/05/wo...gewanted=print

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
03-07-2007, 03:49 PM
So sad to hear
Jazakalah for sharing

wilberhum
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Scores killed as Shiite pilgrims targeted again in Iraq
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Attacks on Shiite pilgrims en route to the Iraqi holy city of Karbala continued into a third day as bombings killed 15 people Wednesday in Baghdad, police said.
A suicide car bomber struck an Iraqi police checkpoint as pilgrims walked in southwestern Baghdad's Saydiya neighborhood, killing eight -- seven police and a pilgrim -- and wounding 25 -- 15 police and 10 pilgrims, a Baghdad police official said

NobleMuslimUK
03-07-2007, 11:12 PM
May Allah SWT bless the martyred Afghan Family.
The cowardly occupying kuffar forces will certainly use heavy firepower its the least you can expect from them and one day Inshallah they will be shamefully kicked out or die a shameful death, unless their hearts embrace Islam, then Allah SWT may forgive those.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mahdisoldier19
03-08-2007, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Scores killed as Shiite pilgrims targeted again in Iraq
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Attacks on Shiite pilgrims en route to the Iraqi holy city of Karbala continued into a third day as bombings killed 15 people Wednesday in Baghdad, police said.
A suicide car bomber struck an Iraqi police checkpoint as pilgrims walked in southwestern Baghdad's Saydiya neighborhood, killing eight -- seven police and a pilgrim -- and wounding 25 -- 15 police and 10 pilgrims, a Baghdad police official said
What Does this have to do with Afghanistan? What? What are you trying to prove? Ok We understand this happened in Iraq but what does this have to do with what occurred in Afghanistan?

You bring a different subject, at least leave a comment of condolences rather than talking about another situation at another time.

ManchesterFolk
03-08-2007, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
What Does this have to do with Afghanistan? What? What are you trying to prove? Ok We understand this happened in Iraq but what does this have to do with what occurred in Afghanistan?

You bring a different subject, at least leave a comment of condolences rather than talking about another situation at another time.
It is very relevant. You see, the only posts that come from you is the killing of 9 people by USA forces which is very sad indeed. Now I would like to think you would post when Muslims kill 15 people but we both know you would never post anything that would put Muslims in a bad light, and the reason you posted this is to attack USA soldiers not mourn the victims. When 9 die from Taliban attacks on girls schools you do not mourn them, nor post them, nor even care, you deny them.

That was the point of his post I believe.

Now after saying that, I hope the 9 people killed are in heaven and I hope the criminals who killed them are brought to justice.

mahdisoldier19
03-08-2007, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
It is very relevant. You see, the only posts that come from you is the killing of 9 people by USA forces which is very sad indeed. Now I would like to think you would post when Muslims kill 15 people but we both know you would never post anything that would put Muslims in a bad light, and the reason you posted this is to attack USA soldiers not mourn the victims. When 9 die from Taliban attacks on girls schools you do not mourn them, nor post them, nor even care, you deny them.

Now after saying that, I hope the 9 people killed are in heaven and I hope the criminals who killed them are brought to justice.
Who are you to know my true intentions? You do not know me, nor do assume that you do.

The point of post was to make the Board understand that Aerial bombing is not the way that will solve problems in Afghanistan, it is face to face contact with the people, not by dropping 2,000 ib bombs.

Do not ever assume that you know what i think, You don't know me

I mourn the victims.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Dont assume what others think, when u dont know. Why do some people get an itch suddenly? If someone wants to post an article, go ahead. But theres no need to hijack this or other ones. So much for pre conceived notions.

Anyways, May Allah have mercy on the family, Ameen.:cry:

Al_Imaan
03-08-2007, 02:57 AM
isn't that being done to muslims all over the world....in my opinion, it's mostly the opposite, no offence to anyone .....and no one is aware of anyone's intentions....so lets not make false assumptions and accusations....May Allah reward those who are striving in his way....and guide those who r going astray....and may Allah (swt) bless the family....Ameen

mahdisoldier19
03-08-2007, 02:59 AM

Show me this article i would like to see this About the Taliban attacking "girls schools"

Al_Imaan
03-08-2007, 03:05 AM
^^i wouldn't need to see proof to accept that....and btw i think we're getting of topic....

mahdisoldier19
03-08-2007, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
^^i wouldn't even need to see prove to accept that....and btw i think we're getting of topic....
Sister Please At least have some respect on this thread, I can easily refute you with your claims of Ahmed Shah Masood and the Northern Alliance, i will do so another time.

Al_Imaan
03-08-2007, 03:15 AM
well bro, ur obviously trying to change my mind....which is not gonna happen.....and i never said anything disrespectful.......and we are gettin off topic....so back to this....

U.S. Airstrike Kills 9 in Afghan Family
By CARLOTTA GALL and ABDUL WAHEED WAFA

KABUL, Afghanistan, March 5 — Nine members of a family were killed in an American airstrike in central Afghanistan, including five women and three children during a battle with militants, Afghan officials said today...................

snakelegs
03-08-2007, 03:26 AM
The point of post was to make the Board understand that Aerial bombing is not the way that will solve problems in Afghanistan, it is face to face contact with the people, not by dropping 2,000 ib bombs.
I mourn the victims.
i agree. we make more enemies daily.

Cognescenti
03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
The headline might have read (in an alternate universe)

9 members of Afghan family killed when cowardly Taliban fighters knowingly and indescriminately engage NATO forces from a building known by the Taliban to shelter civilians

After all, the Taliban are the locals. They speak the language. They had time to reconoiter their ambush spot. They are the ones who put the civilians in harm's way. They are now dead, which is all well and good, but their actions are the proximate cause of 9 civilian deaths, which is very bad.

As for Mahdisoldier's point of view re. the Taliban being some kind of secret....that is rich.....:D :laugh:

" Who are you to know my true intentions? You do not know me, nor do assume that you do." :D :laugh: :laugh:

You really should look into a carreer in comedy writing.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
^^Nah, ur doing a better job. She was serious, ur just being inexcusably lame and sarcastic.

mahdisoldier19
03-09-2007, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
The headline might have read (in an alternate universe)

9 members of Afghan family killed when cowardly Taliban fighters knowingly and indescriminately engage NATO forces from a building known by the Taliban to shelter civilians

After all, the Taliban are the locals. They speak the language. They had time to reconoiter their ambush spot. They are the ones who put the civilians in harm's way. They are now dead, which is all well and good, but their actions are the proximate cause of 9 civilian deaths, which is very bad.

As for Mahdisoldier's point of view re. the Taliban being some kind of secret....that is rich.....:D :laugh:

" Who are you to know my true intentions? You do not know me, nor do assume that you do." :D :laugh: :laugh:

You really should look into a carreer in comedy writing.
To be honest bro i have done some standups, i really think i will go in the comedy field. Its one of my favorite hobbies Oh Jolly!

Al_Imaan
03-09-2007, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Nah, ur doing a better job. She was serious, ur just being inexcusably lame and sarcastic.
who was being lame and sarcastic?...and who was serious?:? :rollseyes

mahdisoldier19
03-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah Do not disrespect my sister Al Iman 786, If it wasn't towards her then i take it back but if it was, don't disrespect the sister.

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 07:29 PM

I agree with you, what about the Taliban who so carelessly and cowardly decided to hide amongst civilians and got these people killed? No you just hear

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
May Allah SWT bless the martyred Afghan Family.
The cowardly occupying kuffar forces will certainly use heavy firepower its the least you can expect from them and one day Inshallah they will be shamefully kicked out or die a shameful death, unless their hearts embrace Islam, then Allah SWT may forgive those.

Talha777
03-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree with you, what about the Taliban who so carelessly and cowardly decided to hide amongst civilians and got these people killed
But the Kuffar who launch their airstrikes from planes high above the ground to kill the Taliban even though they know that mostly civilians will be murdered are so brave and courageous? But please could somebody tell me why are the Taliban the enemy? What did they deserve to have the Kuffar start bombing and killing them and set up a puppet government over their country?

wilberhum
03-09-2007, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777

But the Kuffar who launch their airstrikes from planes high above the ground to kill the Taliban even though they know that mostly civilians will be murdered are so brave and courageous? But please could somebody tell me why are the Taliban the enemy? What did they deserve to have the Kuffar start bombing and killing them and set up a puppet government over their country?
Supporting OBL. It is just that simple.

Talha777
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Supporting OBL. It is just that simple.
The usual nonsense as usual. After 9/11 U.S. government demanded Taliban to hand over Usama bin Laden in order to avoid a war. Taliban replied that first show us the evidence our Muslim brother is responsible and than we will hand him over to you. U.S. said that's not good enough and invaded Afghanistan. I think all reasonable people know that the war against Afghanistan is just as unjustified as the war against Iraq. But then again reason does not exist outside the Muslim ummah.

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 08:00 PM

right right The evil Kuffar should just move in on foot for these heathens that will valiantly tie a bomb to themselves and blow up the Kuffar and everyone else, including the nine that died around them? No because the Kuffar are just a bit smarter than those heathens on the ground, so they bomb and kill them. Taliban was removed for supporting the attacks against the US (which was an act of war) and for oppressing its people. Personally I hoped they get completed wiped out and never heard from again. Oh yeah and why is the new government a puppet? Because they dont defy the world around them, slaughter innocents, treat women as second class citizens, murder children, institute rash and extremely harsh punishments (some would consider inhumane) or is it just because it isnt an Islamic State? Perhaps if that Islamic State didnt support OBL they would still be an Islamic State. TO BAD SOOOOOO SAD!:D

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 08:04 PM

The usual nonsense as usual. After 9/11 U.S. government demanded Taliban to hand over Usama bin Laden in order to avoid a war. Taliban replied that first show us the evidence our Muslim brother is responsible and than we will hand him over to you. U.S. said that's not good enough and invaded Afghanistan. I think all reasonable people know that the war against Afghanistan is just as unjustified as the war against Iraq. But then again reason does not exist outside the Muslim ummah.

Yeah because you are so reasonable?!?! And by the way I love how you put that, PROVE Osama was involved, how about HE ADMITTED IT!! DUH DUH DUH

wilberhum
03-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Talha777
The usual nonsense as usual
Isn't it strange how nonsenseable countries get when war is declaired and they are attacked.

Al_Imaan
03-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah Do not disrespect my sister Al Iman 786, If it wasn't towards her then i take it back but if it was, don't disrespect the sister.
doesnt look like something that u would say...just cuz i favor the Northern Alliance...

Sinner
03-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Bin Laden: Yes, I did it
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../11/wbin11.xml

The family killed would not have been harmed if it was known they were just a family. Would anyone here want to argue that the Taliban did no harm to any Afghanistan families on purpose? Or that the people of Afghanistan would even want the Taliban back into power? Just in case people forgot how wonderful they were -

August 1998:
After capturing Mazar-i Sharif on August 8, Taliban troops killed scores of civilians in indiscriminate attacks, shooting noncombatants and suspected combatants in residential areas, city streets, and markets. In the days that followed, Taliban forces carried out a systematic search for male members of the ethnic Hazara, Tajik, and Uzbek communities. Scores and perhaps hundreds of Hazara men and boys were summarily executed, while thousands of men from various ethnic communities were detained first in the city jail and then transported to other cities. Altogether, at least 2,000 civilians may have been deliberately killed in the city. Many others were killed in aerial bombardments and rocket attacks as they fled south of the city. There were reports that women and girls, particularly in certain Hazara neighborhoods, were raped and abducted during the Taliban takeover.

http://www.hrw.org/campaigns/afghanistan/mazar.htm

The Taliban's War Against Women

The day was much like any other. For the young Afghan mother, the only difference was that her child was feverish and had been for some time and needed to see a doctor. But simple tasks in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan today are not that easy.

The mother was alone and the doctor was across town. She had no male relative to escort her. To ask another man to do so would be to risk severe punishment. To go on her own meant that she would risk flogging.

Because she loved her child, she had no choice. Donning the tent-like burqa as Taliban law required, she set out, cradling her child in her arms. She shouldn't have.

As they approached the market, she was spotted by a teenage Taliban guard who tried to stop her. Intent on saving her child, the mother ignored him, hoping that he would ignore her. He didn't. Instead he raised his weapon and shot her repeatedly. Both mother and child fell to the ground. They survived because bystanders in the market intervened to save them. The young Taliban guard was unrepentent -- fully supported by the regime. The woman should not have been out alone.

This mother was just another casualty in the Taliban war on Afghanistan's women, a war that began 5 years ago when the Taliban seized control of Kabul.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/6185.htm

Keltoi
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinner
Didn't you know that video was fabricated by the CIA?

wilberhum
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Why do you think he will accept this? He refuses to accept the Thousand pieces of evidence. His stance is the US is evil. Nothing is going to change that. He lives to spew his hate messages.

NobleMuslimUK
03-09-2007, 08:12 PM
The ones that have been terrorising the west and carried out all these self inflicted wounds are the scum in government, only they can carry out such attacks and to think some amateur pilots can fly huge planes and use them as missiles. I cant believe that people are stupid enough to believe the lies coming from the terrorists, the enemy within the worlds biggest terrorist list is topped by Bush and Bliar at the moment. The garbage they feed to sheeple since they are the only ones stupid enough to buy it, the ones that see right through the lies, are labelled conspiracy theorists by sheeple. The biggest crime of the century has been comitted attacking and occupying two countries resulting in civil war and huge loss of life. Recent years have seen the biggest expansion of organised crime world wide, a ruthless mafia in control of WMD and not shy about using them. This situation is only going to get worse if its this bad in the initial stages.
Despite the large number of terrorists sent by the west dressed up in fancy uniforms to make their position just and dignified in their naive and ignorant minds, despite all the latest technology and weaponry they are dying a shameful death at the hands of the natives whose land they invaded and occupy.

May Allah SWT destroy the kuffar opressors and murderous barbarians. Inshallah all the kuffars evil plans will backfire and they will continue to be humiliated and defeated.

wilberhum
03-09-2007, 08:14 PM
May Allah SWT destroy the kuffar opressors and murderous barbarians.
Religion of peace?

Keltoi
03-09-2007, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Religion of peace?
Islam is a religion of peace...unfortunately many who practice it aren't persons of peace.

Talha777
03-09-2007, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Yeah because you are so reasonable?!?! And by the way I love how you put that, PROVE Osama was involved, how about HE ADMITTED IT!! DUH DUH DUH
Whether you care to admit it or not, the admission tape was a forgery, especially considering how it was so conveniently discovered by the American army, whereas all other tapes of Shaikh Usama bin Laden were made public via Al-Jazeera and other Middle East media.

But this is all beside the point, immediately after 9/11 Usama bin Laden was reported as completely denying his responsibility for the attack, though he praised the attackers whoever they happened to be. The Taliban government asked the U.S. to give them the evidence Shaikh Usama is behind the attacks before they invaded, but the admission tapes were revealed AFTER the invasion. So if you could please logically explain to me how was the Taliban supposed to comply with the U.S. demands when they had no knowledge that Shaikh Usama was behind 9/11 attacks, if he actually was?

Keltoi
03-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Whether you care to admit it or not, the admission tape was a forgery, especially considering how it was so conveniently discovered by the American army, whereas all other tapes of Shaikh Usama bin Laden were made public via Al-Jazeera and other Middle East media.

But this is all beside the point, immediately after 9/11 Usama bin Laden was reported as completely denying his responsibility for the attack, though he praised the attackers whoever they happened to be. The Taliban government asked the U.S. to give them the evidence Shaikh Usama is behind the attacks before they invaded, but the admission tapes were revealed AFTER the invasion. So if you could please logically explain to me how was the Taliban supposed to comply with the U.S. demands when they had no knowledge that Shaikh Usama was behind 9/11 attacks, if he actually was?

That's interesting...so the tape that showed Bin Laden verbally take credit for plotting the attack is a forgery...quite convenient. Of course that doesn't explain the tapes released on Al-Jazeera that claim the same thing. I've heard this BS so many times it fails to be funny after awhile.

Sinner
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Didn't you know that video was fabricated by the CIA?
Sometimes I can be slow but was this a joke?

Keltoi
03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Sometimes I can be slow but was this a joke?
I was being sarcastic, little did I know that the next poster would make that exact claim to prove my point.

Sinner
03-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I was being sarcastic
You had me worried for a second.

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 08:32 PM
TALHA777

Please feel free to talk to whomever you want on this site however, I believe that your messages are filled with enough hate and come over ignorant enough that I will not bother responding to either of you anymore. The people that the US is fighting against will ultimately lose this battle, whether it be in this life or the next. You classify everyone who is not muslim as evil, and what you dont realize is for this you are evil yourself, you practice hate and bigotry, two things I know for a fact that Allah looks down on. You believe only that the US is evil and know nothing. Your ideas are as simplistic as they are unfounded and unintelligent and it shows through every hate filled words that your fingers can splash onto the computer screen. You seriously need to look at yourself and ask "What am I supporting", let me tell you, you support death squads, dictators, oppression, mass graves, indiscriminate killing, suicide (not martyrdom), and genocide against your own people. The US and its people are not your enemy, you are your own worst enemy

wilberhum
03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Some people just hate so much that any “Conspiracy Theory” will do. :raging:
I thought everyone know the Jews did it. :D :? :? :?

Sinner
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
I do not think OBL was ignorant of the concepts of taqiyya and kitman.

Talha777
03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
you support death squads, dictators, oppression, mass graves, indiscriminate killing, suicide (not martyrdom), and genocide against your own people.
Shows how little you know. I actually DON'T support suicide bombing, and I have no sympathy for dictators either, including the late Saddam Hussein. I think if the West stopped meddling in the affairs of Muslim countries there would be more prospect for Peace in the world. I just feel that as long as the U.S. is invading and bombing Muslim country after Muslim country, it will be hard for Muslims to rule out the option of taking up arms in self-defense. If you want I could explain to you my entire idealogy, and I guarantee you will be surprised by what you didn't know as well as many of your previous stereotypes will be dashed. The choice is yours.

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Shows how little you know. I actually DON'T support suicide bombing, and I have no sympathy for dictators either, including the late Saddam Hussein. I think if the West stopped meddling in the affairs of Muslim countries there would be more prospect for Peace in the world. I just feel that as long as the U.S. is invading and bombing Muslim country after Muslim country, it will be hard for Muslims to rule out the option of taking up arms in self-defense. If you want I could explain to you my entire idealogy, and I guarantee you will be surprised by what you didn't know as well as many of your previous stereotypes will be dashed. The choice is yours.
Perhaps you dont support them directly but if your post indicate anything about your personaly opinion you do in fact support all of the above. You wish for war with the US therefore you do not support peace

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tion-08-a.html

your post there is proof of that. I dont care to hear your idealogy because if it is as half screwed up as your posts I would fear that just by reading it, I would set my people back 1000 years

mahdisoldier19
03-11-2007, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
That's interesting...so the tape that showed Bin Laden verbally take credit for plotting the attack is a forgery...quite convenient. Of course that doesn't explain the tapes released on Al-Jazeera that claim the same thing. I've heard this BS so many times it fails to be funny after awhile.
You've Heard the BS, but It seems that you are so ignorant to believe that only one video tape can justify an Invasion which led to scores of civilians being killed. Everything Scientifically does not even fit.

Muslim Knight
03-11-2007, 07:50 AM

Just ask who were on whose land doing what. Up till today, no one connected to the 911 has been captured nor punished, but innocent Afghans and Iraqis are dying everyday. Soon Iranians will be added to the list.

Keltoi
03-11-2007, 07:04 PM
You've Heard the BS, but It seems that you are so ignorant to believe that only one video tape can justify an Invasion which led to scores of civilians being killed. Everything Scientifically does not even fit.
Scientifically? What exactly are you talking about? As for justifying a war based on "one videotape", no, the war was justified before that videotape surfaced. The Taliban, by giving safe haven to Al-Qaeda, had become willing protectors of Bin Laden and his group. The United States had just seen 3,000 civilians die by the hands of Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, and doing nothing about those that sponsored this attack was out of the question.

aamirsaab
03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
:sl:
Clearly far too many members wish to get into an argument. Here's a suggestion, cool off.

Until then, thread locked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.