/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bulugh Al Maram 1st Hadith

Umar001
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I have been reading it and I don't know arabic, I mean I can just about read it but I dont know the language so I dont know if I'm writing things wrong.

I transliterated it as:

An Abi Hurayra, Radi Allahu Ta'Ala Anhu, Qala: Qul or Qal, Rasul Allah Sal Allahu Aleyhi Wa Salam, Fi Al Bahri: "Huwa At Tahuru Mawuhu Wa Al Hillu Maytatuhu"

The thing is, I understand some words because I speak a similar language, for xample, Bahri. But Am confused at Mawuhu, it is a waw with a hamza on it so I dont know how to read it. Also, I have never seen the word Hillu.

Any who can correct me please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
:sl:

It is read as : Maa'uhu

That waw with the Hamza on it is just like a 'carrier' you could say, for the Hamza, but it is pronounced just like a Hamza with a Dhamma on top.

And al-Hillu means : permissable

btw, what language do you speak which is similar to it?

NoName55
03-07-2007, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

:wasalamex
I speak Urdu (it looks like arabic) has many many word from Arabiah, some from Farsi English etc.

I'm afraid this is first time I heard of Bahri, don't even know which country it is from.

Mawaddah
03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
:wasalamex
I speak Urdu (it looks like arabic) has many many word from Arabiah, some from Farsi English etc.

I'm afraid this is first time I heard of Bahri, don't even know which country it is from.
I was actually asking brother Al-Habeshi which language he spoke, but yes, Urdu is very similar to Arabic I know that very well :)

And when He said Bahri, I dont think it was referring to a language which he spoke, he was just referring to the word Al-Bahri in the Hadeeth.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM

It is read as : Maa'uhu

That waw with the Hamza on it is just like a 'carrier' you could say, for the Hamza, but it is pronounced just like a Hamza with a Dhamma on top.

And al-Hillu means : permissable

Wa Aleykum Salam Wa Rhametullah, so the waw is a carry thing, subhanAllah I dont get taht ruling, it's with the Qu'ran aswell it's just so confusing, for me.

And my family speaks Tigrygna.

So is the ruling that any letter with hamza on it is not pronounced but a hamza is used? If the ruling is too complicated its ok you dont got to explain it, insha'Allah i'll learn it, am just confused to a point between knowing whether to read the letters or not.

By the way, is the Qul a Qala? Because it says Abu Hurayra said: then QL with no fathas or dhammas and so on so what do I pronounce it as?

NoName55
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
oopsie! I am blindly fumbling about, won't happen again! jazkAllah khair all the same.

Ma'asalaama

Mawaddah
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
^ Hang on for a min okay Bro, I'm going to look at this hadeeth which you are talking about so I can explain to you exactly insha'allah.

Mawaddah
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, I cannot find the hadeeth right now, I dont have much time to search online for it, but I have it memorized so.

The text goes :

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال قال رسول الله

Isnt' it?

Well they are Pronounced : Qaala Qaala

And it means : He said , Rasululllah said.

Okay so you understand that now.

As for the Hamza thing. Basically what you said was right. If you see a letter with a hamza on top of it, then the letter is not to be pronounced and only the Hamza, as the letter in this situation is only serving as a carrier for the Hamza.

But then! If you were to be reading without vowel points, the و Under the Hamza would be an indication for you that it is pronounced with an 'u' sound.

It's not complicated really, you just need to get used to it insha'allah :)

Umar001
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, I cannot find the hadeeth right now, I dont have much time to search online for it, but I have it memorized so.

The text goes :

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال قال رسول الله

Isnt' it?

Well they are Pronounced : Qaala Qaala

And it means : He said , Rasululllah said.

Okay so you understand that now.

As for the Hamza thing. Basically what you said was right. If you see a letter with a hamza on top of it, then the letter is not to be pronounced and only the Hamza, as the letter in this situation is only serving as a carrier for the Hamza.

But then! If you were to be reading without vowel points, the و Under the Hamza would be an indication for you that it is pronounced with an 'u' sound.

It's not complicated really, you just need to get used to it insha'allah :)

SubhanAllah, I shoulda known it was a Qala because theres an alif which prolongs it.

And thanks for explaining it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.