/* */

PDA

View Full Version : additional science

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
:sl:

anyone done it? doing it? is it good... and cn u giv me info abt it plz :D tnku :D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-11-2007, 04:51 PM

double or tripple?

i do double...and it is compulsory if you want to do further study on science...and since i've read that you want to do medicine in the future, i suggest you do study double science.

its not a big deal really...its just a few extended topics of the ones people normally do in single science...and a few new ones...but its not a big deal really...if you're a fan of science, i say its just for you.

strider
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
It's better to take the triple science whereby you sit three separate exams each to each area of science (biology, chemistry, physics).

Sis Rooh, are you taking the modular double science?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe

anyone done it? doing it? is it good... and cn u giv me info abt it plz :D tnku :D

its veeeeeeery boring if its what i think it is, its not worth it

is it like when you study all the history of science etc etc :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
i wud hav tuk triple but u hav 2 do 1 hour afta skl each week, n no thankz, id rather not lol

i took double, cuz i wana go in2 medicine.. n yeh science is borin.. y am i even gona b a doc?!?! i dnt evn no lol :p but yeh :p

bro hav u dun it ^

IbnAbdulHakim
03-11-2007, 07:59 PM
i dun the thing which is like scientific history and background for a week and thougt "how useless and boring" and dropped it then picked up bio and chem, so if ur goin into that thing its best not to. its up 2u tho

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
ohh nah i fink dats summin else.. lol.. dis is like general science ^o)

wer u talkin abt history? cuz in history u do da history of medicine :S

IbnAbdulHakim
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
ohh nah i fink dats summin else.. lol.. dis is like general science ^o)

wer u talkin abt history? cuz in history u do da history of medicine :S
ye i was thinking of general science! NEVER DO THAT! Any other science ahlan wa sahlan :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-11-2007, 08:23 PM
:O den how do i get in2 medicine?! lol

Kittygyal
03-11-2007, 08:26 PM
salamualikum.
triple is hard even than double && true every wednesdays you gotcha stay behind for extra classes && also alot of homework && revison booklest am i talking about the right thing here? :D
&& oh yh go for it not that boring to get in Medicine you gotcha need Physics && need to know ur maths indeed!
Ma'assalama

The Ruler
03-11-2007, 08:28 PM

we did history of medicine in history...and i think that was rather interesting...as a matter of fact, that was the only reason why i chose history.

and no, general science as sis muslim 4 life is different to what bro mazed is talking about. its just normal science. so no worries.

&& oh yh go for it not that boring to get in Medicine you gotcha need Physics && need to know ur maths indeed!
nope, you dont need physics...its chemistry that is compulsory...and biology althugh isnt compulsory, is seen as a plus point...that gives you two sciences...but we're talking about A levels there...not for you to worry about..yet.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
i myt do history, aint 2 sure.. i juz dont wana do about germany n d nazi\.. i find dat borin lol.. i juz wana do about medicine in history..

Kittygyal
03-13-2007, 07:08 PM
salamualikum
whatever you do DON'T do history too boring :lol:, talk to you carrer about this heard for ''careers conextions''? you should have one in your school talking to you about this everyone who is in yr10 or y11 && 6th form they have a career or ask your ''form tutor'' because you should have a back up for the furtue of what you wana do, you need back ups ukthi.. maybe sit down && talk to your parents about it && see what they say or best thing as an older sister or a brother to help you decide don't just sit there forever struggling.:D like me :D
ma'assalama

strider
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum
whatever you do DON'T do history too boring :lol:
ma'assalama
History is great, but then again that is just my biased opinion.:D

Kittygyal
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
History is great, but then again that is just my biased opinion.:D

Next question: What is the chemical formula for photosynthesis?:)
salamualikum.
nah tis very boring indeed i hate it, anywho your in the wrond thread blud :D
ma'assalama

strider
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
nah tis very boring indeed i hate it, anywho your in the wrond thread blud :D
ma'assalama
Yup, i just realised. *edits posting*:D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-14-2007, 08:54 PM
lol i cant wait 2 drop history n geography :X

Kittygyal
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
salamualikum.
drop it please :D
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Well im do Pharmacy Insha'Allah, so yea ill be bios and chems...lol

afriend
03-17-2007, 11:07 AM

Triple(360 depending on your examination baord) science is compulsory at my school...It's not too hard, we don't have to do any extra classes after school for it lol.

Check out this site if you're with Edexcel: http://360science.edexcel.org.uk/home/

If I had my revision guide with me I would have typed out the topics..But I left it in my locker lol :hiding:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-18-2007, 07:58 PM
:O datz meannnnnn man, we gotta do 1 leson afta skl each week.. but it aint compulsory tho phewwwwwww

The Ruler
03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
lol i cant wait 2 drop history n geography :X
history is actually easy...i flunked my KS3 history test...got a level 4a...but am doing it for GCSEs and its really easy...not boasting...but alhamdulillah, i got an A* for both my year 10 mock exam and year 11 mock exam...although i revised for the wrong paper on that day. :exhausted:...the history exam is more like babble babble...and the more you babble, the more marks you get. so if you're talkative, it helps.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
umm uno whaaaa.. i did ma mock ks3 test i got a 7c in history :X n in geography i gotz 6a..

i so talk alot :D but still i saw da yr 10'z bookz, and its alredy ful and we'r only half a year in :O

afriend
03-19-2007, 06:56 PM

History is really easy alhamdulillah...it's just another easy GCSE that you can get really top marks at, especially if you did well in your KS3 Exams.

You just need to be able to express your opinions well, work extremely well from sources by applying your own Knowledge and just learn what you got to do, English comes into this a lot too. State all the facts and make sure you answer the question that is being asked of you!

It's even fun to an extent :D Ok I'm exaggerating a bit naa seriously it's true lol

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
history n fun :X:X ummmm.. man i wana move 2 ur skool lol

afriend
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
lol :uuh: Are you crazy?? :uuh: My school is a prison

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
oooh oki den.. mayb not.. *rolls eyes*

The Ruler
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
oooh oki den.. mayb not.. *rolls eyes*
you may want to move to my school...its cool...the history teacher here is wacky :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.