/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Method of Obtaining Halal Meat

Baljinder Kaur
03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fatehhhh

i'm not really used to forums and stuff, but i was having a discussion with a muslim friend, and i was aksing her about how halal meat is made, and according to her the animal is cut at the throat and bled to death, i dont know if she is correct, but does islam not teach compassion. this doesnt seem like a very nice way for an organism to die. sorry if i've been misunderstood.

just a query

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fatehhhh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABDUL HAQ
03-07-2007, 07:17 PM
the death is instantaneous and painless:)
also scientifically proven:thumbs_up

as opposed to stunning,shocking,sledgehammer to heads etc

which is not merciful and compassionate

- Qatada -
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums.

This method of slaughtering animals is done by many people around the world.

I think what they do is cut the main artery (the aorta) which is specifically in the neck area. When this is cut, the blood that reaches the other parts of the body is stopped, so the signal sent to the brain is limited to a really short time span only. And once the animal has been slaughtered, it doesn't die a slow death, but instead it dies on the spot. So the pain is kept to a minimum and the sacrifice is swift without causing too much pain to the animal.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Peace.

Baljinder Kaur
03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
thanks brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
03-08-2007, 01:39 AM
they do that because they don't want to hurt the animal because if they cut the animal in pecies all at onece it will pain but if you don't if you only cut it once and in one side till it dies by it own and say something it will trun halal i can't spell the word you say while killing the poor animal

Woodrow
03-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I too used to be apalled at the manner in which Halal and Kosher animals are slaughtered.

However, after having lived as a farmer and having witnessed the slaughtering methods of slaughtering in commercial slaughtering houses. I now see it is the most humane method. Having studied physiological psychology I can understand that it is a virtually painless process for the animal. If done properly there is such a rapid drop of blood pressure to the brain, that the experience of pain and fear is eliminated. Oddly, this same process permits the Lower brain (Medulla Oblongata) to function fully for a period of time. This controls the autonomic nervous system so the heart lungs and muscles will function to full capacity. But, they have no connections to thought, pain, sight or sound. At that point the animal is basically a biological machine with no more feelings then the screen saver on your PC. Movement, is simply the result of a very complex progamming system.

Shooting and stunning look more humane on the surface . But, both are much more traumatic to the animal. Although it looks more peaceful to us, brain activity is still present and for all we know the poor animal is facing death with a nightmare beyound imagination and that is the animals last thoughts.

Yes, animals do think. Not quite the same as us and not with freedom of choice, but sufficient to know fear and pain.

Natural
03-16-2007, 12:57 AM
I have recently discovered there are a lot of non-Muslims that eat halal meat because of the humane way in which the animal is slaughtered.

- Qatada -
03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
:salamext:

The name of Allaah has to be recited over it aswell sister when it is to be sacrificed ^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.