/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Aqeedah "Ma'sum" and Abd of Allah

shudnt_have
03-07-2007, 11:06 PM
:sl: everyone,

I wanted to ask, what is the islamic standpoint on status of "masum-e-yat" of Nabis and Rasuls? What is meant by that? Is it true that all prophets were Masum/guarded from sins or only Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) was?

:) Jazakullahu khairan in advance.
Sr. Shudnt_have

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
03-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Assalamu’Alaykum

The Messengers of Allaah never committed “sin” after they have gotten their mission. They were protected from major sins but not minor.

The Prophets and Messengers made mistakes, that was later corrected by Allaah.

Adam (alahis salaam) when he ate from the tree. And later corrected said:

They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged our souls, and unless You forgive us and have mercy on us, we will be losers." ( Al-A`araf 7:23 )

Yunus (alahis salaam) after he left his nation was swallowed by a whale.
after he understood his mistake he said:

La ilaha illa Anta (none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah), Glorified (and Exalted) be You (above all that evil they associate with You), Truly, I have been of the wrong doers." ( Al-Anbyã´21:87 Quran)

Nooh (alahis salaam) when he made Dua` for his son who was a kaafir. After Allaah corrected Nooh he then said:

“Nooh said: ‘O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I would indeed be one of the losers.’” ( Hood 11:47 ).

They were corrected and even asked for forgiveness from it. So that is clear proof that they made mistakes and were not “perfect”. As the common fallacies holds them to be.

Just for the record the saying that they are perfect was introduced by the Raafidis; who say that they are infallible and could never make mistakes. But this is not true. We know that they made mistakes and were corrected and were protected from Major sins ( after given their mission ).

Shiekh al Islam Ibn Taymiyyaah ( rahimahullaah) said:

"This view is the view of the majority of scholars of Islam."

There is no difference in opinion when it comes to this issue.

Allaah knows best.

Here are a couple links to go to for a stable answer.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=7208&ln=eng&txt=Prophets%20commit%20 major%20sin
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1684&ln=eng&txt=Prophets%20commit%20 major%20sin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.