/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your science Question for the day

جوري
03-08-2007, 08:35 PM
It is a fairly easy question... if you get it correctly without cheating from the web-- then I'll pass you 7 rep points.

Question is --can a perfectly normal male have a uterus?
If the answer is yes then why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
This sounds like a trick question eh?

But of course not, how can he?

جوري
03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll wait for a couple more replies before I give out an answer...

Not a trick Q-- I promise... at this stage I'll allow looking for an answer on the web if it helps!

czgibson
03-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Greetings,
can a perfectly normal male have a uterus?
Yes! If they are a beaver...

Yup, I cheated:

http://www.fact.on.ca/newpaper/oc990710.htm

Nice question!

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-08-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Yes! If they are a beaver...

Yup, I cheated:

http://www.fact.on.ca/newpaper/oc990710.htm

Nice question!

Peace
Good reply... but I am asking about a human male! :-[

deen_2007
03-08-2007, 10:12 PM
^^^ oooo...thats too hard....but i'll say yes.....& the reason why i say yes is that (i cnt stand this)...but when ppl change their 'sex' and they are operated on...things can be done easily to change them into a female...so unless they have a uterus .... how can they be changed physically ...if u no what i mean...(i didnt browse on the net...im just writting watever came into my head..lol) please forgive me 4 my stupid reply....but hope im close to the answer...........

deen_2007
03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
^^ then im the first to have said something close to it....yipeee....im soo happy....lol

جوري
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
You are both half correct in a sense that Yes! a human male can be born with a uterus....... however it is usually an incidental finding either on autopsy or surgery!----- a "utricle" is any sac like structure but it doesn't explain how a male can be born with a uterus?-----
let me know When you guys give up

NoName55
03-08-2007, 10:35 PM
what is macrophage migration inhibitory factor (glycosylation-inhibiting factor)

:w:

جوري
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
^^^^^^^^ your wheels are turning but not Quite the answer!

NoName55
03-08-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
^^^^^^^^ your wheels are turning but not Quite the answer!
:sl:
:)

just a stab in the dark

جوري
03-08-2007, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
:)

just a stab in the dark

It was a really good try.......... do you guys all give up or should I wait for more tries?

dream gurl
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
yo dis is really trick question i mean u got me wondering der for a second well my answer is IM CONFUSE can u tell us the answer

NoName55
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
It was a really good try.......... do you guys all give up or should I wait for more tries?
I gave up since the last post :-[
Can't possibly try again because description of anatomy may cause a few too many blushes (and I'll have to cheat by using Encarta to be able to explain)

جوري
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I gave up since the last post :-[
Can't possibly try again because description of anatomy may cause a few too many blushes (and I'll have to cheat by using Encarta to be able to explain)

I gave you rep points for being the absolute best try!

and the answer is .......... drum rolls :D
At about the sixth week, in male embryos, Mullerian Inhibiting Factor prevents development towards a uterus, womb and ovaries.... in some males there is a Mullerian inhibiting factor deficiency in which case they do end up with a uterus which can be an incidental finding during surgery or autopsy.. fact is that they are normal males do to an enzyme called 5alpha reductase, it is produced in males, which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. a very strong form of the hormone. So you can imagine of course that all other structures will be normal... However, they will also have a rudimentary uterus...

Thank you all for humoring me.... I'll post other questions if this sort of thing is interesting to you? :-[ ......

syilla
03-09-2007, 02:20 AM
It is a fairly easy question... if you get it correctly without cheating from the web-- then I'll pass you 7 rep points.

Question is --can a perfectly normal male have a uterus?
If the answer is yes then why?
yes..they can.

but i don't really know why.

all i know they can't make babies (erm...pls forgive me for my wording) because they only have uterus.

oops you have answered

NoName55
03-09-2007, 02:28 AM
me got the prize already :-[, and answer in post above yours

جوري
03-09-2007, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
yes..they can.

but i don't really know why.

all i know they can't make babies (erm...pls forgive me for my wording) because they only have uterus.

lol dear sister syllia... where have you been?... yes the carvan has packed and gone lol.........
technically men can "carry" babies... any incubator can...like the ones they have in a hospital for premature babies..... but, I would not recommend it...eek..........
oh ...the above hypothetical man in Q... has normal spermatogensis... they/he can have a normal "marital life" and go on to have children with his wife!... there are similar disorders in women.... DId you know that Queen Elizabeth I was genotypically a man-- though phenotypically female? Should have put that as a seperate Q..........=)

NoName55
03-09-2007, 02:34 AM
I gave you rep points for being the absolute best try!

Thank you all for humoring me
:sl:Sister, your most welcome
I'll post other questions if this sort of thing is interesting to you? :-[ ......
Yes, I'll welcome more on condition that these are switched to brain and/or heart [(as well as sciences of the mind)head shrinking]:w:

جوري
03-09-2007, 02:38 AM
ROFL.... (la Haya'a fi ideen--- La haya'a fi Al'ilm).... but sure, I'll switch if the above has made you uncomfortable... or is going to affect the way you view random men walking down the street... lolol

I do apologize if the Q has upset you in any way!

NoName55
03-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Thank you

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 02:42 AM
interesting.
is this Mullerian Inhibiting Factor in any way connected to mullerian mimicry?
maybe it's just the scientist.

جوري
03-09-2007, 02:48 AM
maybe he was his uncle? there is a wolffian inhibiting factor the equivlant one to suppress in female....... anyhow gonna post cardio q as per request stay tuned

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.