/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Marines Stab Teen to Death

Count DeSheep
03-09-2007, 02:12 AM
This may or may not belong in the World Affairs section. >.<

Stabbing Arrests
Onslow - 3/8/2007
Jacksonville police say the stabbing death of a local teen was gang-related.

15-year-old Christian Cardenas was killed in the mall parking lot on Saturday.

Police now have three people in custody, including two Camp Lejeune marines.

Acting on several crimestoppers tips over the last several days, police arrested 22-year-old Larry Jaimall West, and charged him with first degree murder in the case.

West is a marine with the 3rd Battalion 8th Marine Regiment aboard Camp Lejeune.

Another marine from the same unit, 21-year-old Devin Malcolm Wood, was charged with accessory after the fact to first degree murder.

18-year-old Anthony Jones faces the same charge.

Police say West, Wood, and Jones did not know Cardenas before the stabbing Saturday night.

None of the three has a prior criminal record.

In Thursday morning's court appearance, West was denied bond, while Wood's and Jones' were set at $250,000 secured.
The Jacksonville Mall is right across the street from my home. :-\

Source:
http://www.wcti12.com//PrinterFriend...ource=NEWS2007

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Please remember to post the link/source.

Keltoi
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
May I ask the reason for posting this article? Horrible crime, but these incidents happen quite often unfortunately. Is it the fact that the guilty parties happened to be members of the military?

FBI
03-11-2007, 10:22 PM
well they probably were eager for some action in iraq and just went physco

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Count DeSheep
03-11-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Is it the fact that the guilty parties happened to be members of the military?
Yes. Just adding to the number of times U.S. soldiers have performed such horrible actions.

Count DeSheep
03-11-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
well they probably were eager for some action in iraq and just went physco
Good guess, but no. The two marines had just gotten back from Iraq that week, I wasn't told what day, and they didn't actually commit the murder. A civilian did it, and the two marines helped him dispose of the evidence. Not too bright, apparently.

I also heard that the men had been targetting their victim in the mall earlier that day. A number of people from my school were there to see that, but not the stabbing.

The information in the first paragraph comes from a police officer, while the second part comes from a student with good connections. I wouldn't accept the second part as being totally true, however. Just a rumor for now.

Keltoi
03-11-2007, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep
Yes. Just adding to the number of times U.S. soldiers have performed such horrible actions.
As opposed to who? This episode might play into your anti-military stance, but connecting this crime to the military as a whole is what one would call a spurious argument.

Count DeSheep
03-12-2007, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
As opposed to who?
No one in particular. Just making a note of things.

This episode might play into your anti-military stance, but connecting this crime to the military as a whole is what one would call a spurious argument.
I'm not placing the blame on the entire military, if that's what you mean. And by the way, I'm not anti-military, I'm anti-American.

Edit: Don't you think it's important to know about accusations that the military of any nation is being infiltrated by gangs?

guyabano
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
No one in particular. Just making a note of things.

I'm not placing the blame on the entire military, if that's what you mean. And by the way, I'm not anti-military, I'm anti-American.

Edit: Don't you think it's important to know about accusations that the military of any nation is being infiltrated by gangs?

Hahaha, you make me laugh. When 'westerners' say, they hate terrorists and point at muslims, then everybody stand up and is protesting, but, when a few american citizens (and guess what, it might even be american muslims, mexicans or jews, duh) kill or rape, then you become an american hater and guess what, everybody cheers !

Gush !

Malaikah
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Good guess, but no. The two marines had just gotten back from Iraq that week, I wasn't told what day, and they didn't actually commit the murder. A civilian did it, and the two marines helped him dispose of the evidence. Not too bright, apparently.
Oh dear. :rollseyes

Couldn't they at least make them sit an IQ test before they send them off to war??

Bittersteel
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
but, when a few american citizens (and guess what, it might even be american muslims, mexicans or jews, duh) kill or rape, then you become an american hater and guess what, everybody cheers !
when a few Muslims kill or rape,Muslim and Islam bashing occurs.always saw them happen.
reading the title only I thought it was an Iraqi teen.

Count DeSheep
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Hahaha, you make me laugh. When 'westerners' say, they hate terrorists and point at muslims, then everybody stand up and is protesting, but, when a few american citizens (and guess what, it might even be american muslims, mexicans or jews, duh) kill or rape, then you become an american hater and guess what, everybody cheers !

Gush !
Anyone care to translate that? Me no-no understand...>.<

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.