/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic - Jewish relations

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
From what I understand the hate between Jews and Muslims are very odd. Jews were not gased by any Muslims, yet by Hitler who professed Christian beliefs (although in no way to I even compare Christianity to him), and Muslims and Jews always worked together when facing the common enemy of Crusaders and Christian invaders. Zionism may very well have destroyed that relationship. The reason theologically I support the state of Israel today is that although the state should never have beeen created because even a Jewish majority in the state of Israel is pushing it, I must support it according to Torah law.

As long as I am under the impression that if the land of Israel is put under Arab control thousands of Jews will die, I cannot support a return to complete exile, because the Torah teaches a Jewish life can only not break the law to survive in the case of murder, idolatry and rape.

So if Israel dismantles tommorow, am I right to believe that "vigilante" justice would occur, and many Jews who were born in Israel and did not take any land would be killed?

Am I correct to believe Jews would be killed in riots?

I realize that Zionism has made the Arab people bloodthristy against the Jewish people, and although this is G-d's will, he also gives people free choice. Do you believe Jews would be safe under Palestinain control in the Holy Land?

That is the main reason I support Israel, because I have to to support the saving of Jewish life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABDUL HAQ
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.nkusa.org/Historical_Docu...aeimGiladi.cfm

In his book, Ben Gurion's Scandals: How the Haganah & the Mossad Eliminated Jews, Giladi discusses the crimes committed by Zionists in their frenzy to import raw Jewish labor.

The Giladis, now U.S. citizens, live in New York City. By choice, they no longer hold Israeli citizenship. "I am Iraqi," he told us, "born in Iraq, my culture still Iraqi Arabic, my religion Jewish

The Jews of Iraq
by Naeim Giladi

interesting,dont you think?

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Well it is obvious that Zionism is a godless theology which many jews today practice instead of the Torah Judaism. But the botom line is, if there is no state of Israel, then are Jews safer? It is tough to think that statement is true.

ABDUL HAQ
03-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I would side with saladins sentiments

and be noble and honourable as he

in saying

"WE ARE NOT LIKE YOU ":thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Good quote indeed, but do you think the Arab world especuially the ones so blood thirsty now because of the Zionists actions were respond in the same way? Jews innocent would be killed for sure in my mind without the state of Israels protection.

ABDUL HAQ
03-09-2007, 11:40 AM
isnt there enough bloodshed as it is

or shall we carry the stupid american mentality

of blood for peace??
war is peace??
more soldiers and murder will bring peace??
bombs bring love???

DONT WE ALREADY SEE THE FOLLY OF WAR ,ENOUGH:skeleton:

Bittersteel
03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
this conflict started with land ,religion just got dragged in by the desecration of religious sites.I mean the burning of the Al-Aqsa by that Australian dude brought non-Arabs and Arabs together.see?

united
03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
format_quote Originally Posted by rebelishaulman
From what I understand the hate between Jews and Muslims are very odd. Jews were not gased by any Muslims, yet by Hitler who professed Christian beliefs (although in no way to I even compare Christianity to him), and Muslims and Jews always worked together when facing the common enemy of Crusaders and Christian invaders. Zionism may very well have destroyed that relationship. The reason theologically I support the state of Israel today is that although the state should never have beeen created because even a Jewish majority in the state of Israel is pushing it, I must support it according to Torah law.

As long as I am under the impression that if the land of Israel is put under Arab control thousands of Jews will die, I cannot support a return to complete exile, because the Torah teaches a Jewish life can only not break the law to survive in the case of murder, idolatry and rape.

So if Israel dismantles tommorow, am I right to believe that "vigilante" justice would occur, and many Jews who were born in Israel and did not take any land would be killed?

I realize that Zionism has made the Arab people bloodthristy against the Jewish people, and although this is G-d's will, he also gives people free choice. Do you believe Jews would be safe under Palestinain control in the Holy Land?

That is the main reason I support Israel, because I have to to support the saving of Jewish life.
1) According to which Torah law? Torah law states that no messiah no state. so please let me know who the messiah was/is.
2) There may well be riots and killings for a time but in the end justice will prevail.
3) Jews have lived under Arab rule for years and will continue to do so. The only thing that puts the lives of these Jews in jeopardy is the state of Israel whose existance brings about a hatred for Jews.

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 11:58 AM
1) According to which Torah law? Torah law states that no messiah no state. so please let me know who the messiah was/is.
The Talmud says that no Jewish state should be created before the Moshiach, because the Moshiach is the one who must lead the Jews to Israel and rebuold the Holy Temple. 50% of Jews are still outside of Israel waiting to be led, and many say the Moshiach will make a "Jewish state" ie. Torah law state, but many hold that any Jewish control over the Holy Land is trying to act without G-d.

2) There may well be riots and killings for a time but in the end justice will prevail.
If one Jewish life dies from dismantling the state of Israel, it end up being completly against jewish law to do so. That is my concern.

3) Jews have lived under Arab rule for years and will continue to do so. The only thing that puts the lives of these Jews in jeopardy is the state of Israel whose existance brings about a hatred for Jews.
True, but the Jews have become so hated now, that they almost need Israel to protect them.

We have survived over all the empires because we remain humble and subservient to the nations so they allow us to practice Judaism. We also, must have some anti-semetic acts where we go to remind us that we are Jews and blending into the culture is not good.

united
03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
A few lives for the cause of peace is better than hundreds for the cause of tyranny. And it isnt as if all Jews are living in peace at the moment. Jews in the rest of the world are a lot safer.
The longer the state exists the larger the cancer of hatred grows.

Malaikah
03-09-2007, 12:13 PM
If one Jewish life dies from dismantling the state of Israel, it end up being completly against jewish law to do so. That is my concern.
Wow. So the blood of one Jewish person is important than the blood of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians?

YusufNoor
03-09-2007, 12:14 PM

A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu 'alaykum,

whilst in the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah(pbuh), there was great animosity and treachery between Muslims and the Jews living in Arabia, MY UNDERSTANDING was that when Islam spread throughout the world that Muslims were the PROTECTORS of Jews and Christians living in their lands.

i haven't learned yet, that it is supposed to be any different...

sadly, i would also fear for the lives of Jews in what was once known as Eretz Yisreal or Palestine. sadly, the threat seems to be from the same[well, NOT the same] Muslims who once protected the Children of Israel.

as a relatively new Muslim, i HAVE heard from MANY members of the Ummah that they believe that hatred of Jews is a requirement of a Muslim, yet i don't see it as one of the Pillars of Islam...

it would be so easy if we could just solve the problem here, but i've lost me "rose colored glasses".

MAYBE, if we removed HATE from the equasion, it would be a little easier.

we've got one Muslim brother, who appears from time to time, actually living in Israel and he usually dispells notions of alleged Jewish injustice to Muslim citizens of Israel. quite a rarity...

imagine if we all decided to behave as children of Abraham(as)!

so i believe that your fears are well founded, but i wish that it wasn't so...

:w:

Muhammad
03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Greetings,

If some kind of treaty was made, then the Muslims are obliged to fulfil their trust. I cannot say for sure what the outcome would be, but according to Islamic law, no life can be taken unjustly. If there was no war, then there would be no reason for a Muslim to harm a Jew. And even within a war, it is only combatants that are to be fought.

It is true that Muslims and Jews have lived together for hundreds of years, and such is the way that it should be: in peace and tolerance.

But if they incline to peace, you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in Allâh. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. [8:61]

But in today's world, there is no knowing what would happen - hostilities could occur from either side. We can only pray that each side acts according to the values and guidelines that their faiths teach.

Peace :).

NoName55
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
:sl:

The behaviour, philosophy and declared manifesto of Hizb ul-Shaitan fills me with horror and dread.

I have written a small article regarding the situation of hatred that exist now, but I can't post it for fear of "takfeeris" and terror lovers. I will submit it to a member of staff for revision (or editing) to see if I'll be allowed to post it

:w:

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
i think israel should never have been created and zionism is a political movement that used religion to get its goal, just as the europeans used the zionists to establish a neo-colony in the mideast.
i think the hatred that the zionists have engendered among muslims will not go away even if the state of israel ceased to exist and sadly, it may very well never go away. it is sort ironic and sad too, because historically the jews fared so much better under muslim rule than under the christians and yet they are paying the price.

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Wow. So the blood of one Jewish person is important than the blood of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians?
Nope, never said that. If i support the state of Israel dismantling and a Jew dies because of it, it could be said that it is my fault. It is more responsibilty for your fellow Jews actions then the worth of blood.

If some kind of treaty was made, then the Muslims are obliged to fulfil their trust. I cannot say for sure what the outcome would be, but according to Islamic law, no life can be taken unjustly. I
I was about to say, that enough Palestinians marry non-Muslims, and drink alchohol to lean me in the though process of, many do not care about Islamic law.

think israel should never have been created and zionism is a political movement that used religion to get its goal, just as the europeans used the zionists to establish a neo-colony in the mideast.
i think the hatred that the zionists have engendered among muslims will not go away even if the state of israel ceased to exist and sadly, it may very well never go away. it is sort ironic and sad too, because historically the jews fared so much better under muslim rule than under the christians and yet they are paying the price.
The thing is that it has been created and we could ask ourselves, the USA should never have been created on Native American land. Well it was, now we have to find a solution.

Talha777
03-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Zionism is actually an affront against Judaism. I stongly encourage all people to visit the following website of the Neturei Karta movement

www.nkuk.org

Muslims and Jews can live in peace together under an Islamic government over Palestine. If Israel is dismantled, peace will prevail, but so long as it exists, Muslims will never rest and will never lay down their arms against it, insha Allah.

Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion - the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: 'They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me. 'If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked. (24:55)

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Muslims and Jews can live in peace together under an Islamic government over Palestine. If Israel is dismantled, peace will prevail, but so long as it exists, Muslims will never rest and will never lay down their arms against it, insha Allah.
That is the problem. I have a huge amount of trouble believeing this. I think that if israel dismantled, the greatest purge of Jews since the Holocaust would occur with no soldiers to defend them. Regardless of any treaty, agreement, or Islamic law, it would occur.

And the "nkusa" well even the anti-zionist sects have excommunicated them because of there idol worshiping and because they break the Torah a lot.

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM
The thing is that it has been created and we could ask ourselves, the USA should never have been created on Native American land. Well it was, now we have to find a solution.
yes i agree.
as long as both sides continue to use violence as a solution, the problem will not get any better. one side or the other must have the courage to break the cycle of mutual retaliation/revenge and i don't see much hope.

rubiesand
03-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I'd like to see Jews and Muslims living together in a single state - call it Israel or whatever - as long as there is equality for everyone. No more roads for Jews only, fair distribution of water resources, everyone (of age) gets the vote etc. Of course, the majority of citizens would be Arab, but that needn't be calamatous for the Jews, just as it wasn't for the whites in post-apartheid south africa.

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
everyone (of age) gets the vote etc
In the current state of Israel everyone Arab or Jew does vote, which is why Israel has a Muslim minister and Muslim congressmen.

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 09:16 PM
now we have to find a solution.
do you have any novel ideas? obviously if both sides continue to use violence for a solution it will go on forever. it hasn't worked yet and it never will. it has been going on for so long that i don't think the mutual hatred and fear will ever go away.
the mideast is one of those situations that look hopeless to me.

rubiesand
03-09-2007, 09:18 PM
In the current state of Israel everyone Arab or Jew does vote, which is why Israel has a Muslim minister and Muslim congressmen.
Yes of course, but I was thinking along the lines of the people of the Palestinian territories and the people of Israel living together in one state.

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
do you have any novel ideas?
Wait for Moshiach. :exhausted

It is predicted he will come at a time of peril.

Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the moshiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the moshiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the moshiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). For example, each of the following has been suggested as the time when the moshiach will come:
  • if Israel repented a single day;
  • if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;
  • if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
  • in a generation that is totally innocent or totally guilty;
  • in a generation that loses hope;
  • in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;
What Will the Moshiach Do?

Before the time of the moshiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16) The moshiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

The world after the messiah comes is often referred to in Jewish literature as Olam Ha-Ba (oh-LAHM hah-BAH), the World to Come. This term can cause some confusion, because it is also used to refer to a spiritual afterlife. In English, we commonly use the term "messianic age" to refer specifically to the time of the messiah.

Olam Ha-Ba will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people. (Isaiah 2:4) Hatred, intolerance and war will cease to exist. Some authorities suggest that the laws of nature will change, so that predatory beasts will no longer seek prey and agriculture will bring forth supernatural abundance (Isaiah 11:6-11:9). Others, however, say that these statements are merely an allegory for peace and prosperity.

All of the Jewish people will return from their exile among the nations to their home in Israel (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). The law of the Jubilee will be reinstated.
In the Olam Ha-Ba, the whole world will recognize the Jewish G-d as the only true G-d, and the Jewish religion as the only true religion (Isaiah 2:3; 11:10; Micah 4:2-3; Zechariah 14:9). There will be no murder, robbery, competition or jealousy. There will be no sin (Zephaniah 3:13). Sacrifices will continue to be brought in the Temple, but these will be limited to thanksgiving offerings, because there will be no further need for expiatory offerings.
-Judaism 101: Moshiach

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I want to comment on this part of your post. The children who were born on the land they are fighting for, are they not being killed? Facin oppression since the day they were born. Some not even seeing the light of day. Its really a no win situation if u think about it. Just a thought, not trying to be offensive...:)

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
I want to comment on this part of your post. The children who were born on the land they are fighting for, are they not being killed? Facin oppression since the day they were born. Some not even seeing the light of day. Its really a no win situation if u think about it. Just a thought, not trying to be offensive...:)
Interesting position. My point however, is that in 30 years about all Israeli's will be native born in the land, and will have no connection to any of the creation of Israel.

Palestinians that wish for the right of return, they have not been born on this land although they believe to to be theres. Many are taught hate and will they take "revenge" out on the children of who the hate? I seem to think the answer would be yes.

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 09:44 PM
rabbi,
i understand what moshiach is supposed to do. are you saying that human beings can do nothing but continue to kill and maim each other until moshiach comes? of course, no one knows when that will be. :cry:
in a sense, you are agreeing with me that it is a hopeless situation and will just go on and on and on indefinitely because it is beyond human solutions.

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
rabbi,
i understand what moshiach is supposed to do. are you saying that human beings can do nothing but continue to kill and maim each other until moshiach comes? of course, no one knows when that will be. :cry:
in a sense, you are agreeing with me that it is a hopeless situation and will just go on and on and on indefinitely because it is beyond human solutions.
Nothing is hopeless when G-d is in control. It is a matter of what am I suppose to learn. How will this make me a better person overall. How can I create a hopeless situation into a one filled with hope.

Tikun Olam or "repairing the world". It is a great concept.

What I pointed out is that many sources say the Moshiach will come when we all have the feeling of hopelessness for this world and humanity that you express.

NiceGuy1987
03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Assalamu Allykum Wr wb,

If israel is to be given back to the muslims and made into an islamic state then under islamic law Shariah the jews have the right to live in the land if they agree to pay jizyaa which means they have the right to live under islamic rule worship and all with out being haramed and being protected.

But as soo many years have passed and soo much has been done to the Muslims and palastines in particluar there might be hatred but in islam this isnt allowed when the Prophet Muhamad (S.a.w.) went to open makkah or take control of it no one was killed or hurt. They all had saftey even though they were at war with the prophet for so many yrs.

If the laws of islam say something then they must be implemented in the land we are people of hear and obey.

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 09:53 PM
oy.

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 09:53 PM
But as soo many years have passed and soo much has been done to the Muslims and palastines in particluar there might be hatred
Well many Jews also would have a tough time with this peace. Understand that 1 out of every 4 people who have died in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict have been Jews. It is not as unproportional as you think it is.

But back to the point. I know what Islamic law says, but I have doubts the Palestinians would follow Islamic law. After all Islamic law condemnes suicide, alchohol, and not wearing a hijab. Have you ever been to some of these West Bank and Gaza areas. They are as secular as they come putting there own nationalism before there religion, exactly like the Zionists.

NiceGuy1987
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Nothing is hopeless when G-d is in control. It is a matter of what am I suppose to learn. How will this make me a better person overall. How can I create a hopeless situation into a one filled with hope.

Tikun Olam or "repairing the world". It is a great concept.

What I pointed out is that many sources say the Moshiach will come when we all have the feeling of hopelessness for this world and humanity that you express.
ur messiah will come (though ur true missah did come Jesus a.s) the prophet Muhamad s.a.w. has spoken about him in great detail and he will be one of the major signs that the day of judgment is very soon may allah protect us from the trials of that time ameen

NiceGuy1987
03-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Well many Jews also would have a tough time with this peace. Understand that 1 out of every 4 people who have died in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict have been Jews. It is not as unproportional as you think it is.

But back to the point. I know what Islamic law says, but I have doubts the Palestinians would follow Islamic law. After all Islamic law condemnes suicide.
Palestinians will have to live under islamic law their, in islam there is no different country all muslim countries will have 1 ruller over them and eveyrone must follow the law no one is above Gods law. as i said if they agree they will be protected and the muslims must agree to this

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy1987
ur messiah will come (though ur true missah did come Jesus a.s) the prophet Muhamad s.a.w. has spoken about him in great detail and he will be one of the major signs that the day of judgment is very soon may allah protect us from the trials of that time ameen
Well my belief is that the Moshiach will fufill the requirements G-d has for him, and will not need two tries to accomplish G-d's will here on earth. But I completly respect yours, since belief in the Moshiach is not a requirement for gentiles.

Malaikah
03-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Nope, never said that. If i support the state of Israel dismantling and a Jew dies because of it, it could be said that it is my fault. It is more responsibilty for your fellow Jews actions then the worth of blood.
I'm afraid that is the exactly the message I received, and am still receiving. It is more important to you to save the life of one Jewish person that it is to put a stop to the suffering and death of hundreds of Palestinians.

ManchesterFolk
03-10-2007, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
I'm afraid that is the exactly the message I received, and am still receiving. It is more important to you to save the life of one Jewish person that it is to put a stop to the suffering and death of hundreds of Palestinians.
I believe it has nothing to do with the Palestinians at all. It is a matter of how his actions affect other Jews. Judaism believes very much that causing non-Jews suffering can lead to just as much punishment from God. (I will try to find the source where I read it) However, what he is refering to is the what laws overide opposition to Zionism. He speaking completly in a Torah based mode. He is not judging Jew over Palestinian, but merely stating what the Jewish law or Halacha has to say on the matter.

What he is talking about has nothing to do with Palestinian suffering. It is based on what Jewish law says on the matter. It is clear that if Jews are going to die then opposition to Zionism is a bad idea. It doesn't mean Palestinians mean nothing but instead the Jewish law focuses only Jews, since the laws deal with how Jews must treat other Jews and what Jews must do, not non-Jews. It is not that Jewish law and Judaism says that the Palestinian suffering does not matter, but instead it just doesn't mention it, in the Torah and he is specifically discussing the Torah. At least that is what I got from it, and from studying Judaism and Christianity in college.

You will find that in Islam as well, Muslims lives are favored over the unbelievers.

thirdwatch512
03-10-2007, 06:00 AM
i would love if the state of israel didn't exist, but also though we have to look at reality.. handing israel over to the arabs would be absolutely devestating for jews.. thousands upon millions would die. it would be TERRIBLE.

therefore i don't think israel should cease to exist.. it wouldn't be probable. the jews woudn't live in peace with the muslims.

the interesting thing too though, is that the palestine/israel conflict doesn't seem to be about land anymore.. because honestly, who cares about land the size of new jersey.. my goodness! it's not about land.. because there is plenty of land is western iraq, in syria, and in jordan.

it's about hate. the palestinians hate the israelis. in return the israelis hate the palestinians.

handing israel over to the palestinians wouldn't only be devestating for the jews, but for the arabs as well. you should see how much the israelis harass the palestinians.. just look on youtube. in hebron, there are 200,000 muslims, 800 jewish settlers. yet the MUSLIMS are the ones being harassed. in fact, near the settlement arab homes are caged off. and israeli women will chant hateful comments at the palestinians, and hit them and such. and the children will stone the other children. it's disgustingly horrible.

considering that israel is booming in population, expected to have 10 million jews by 2050, i just don't find it probable to hand it over to the arabs.. unless you want utter genocide.

after WW2, they should have moved the jews to nebraska.. not israel!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Until u have people fueling each other, nothing will change =\

Eric H
03-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Greetings and peace bew with you rebelishaulman;

Interesting position. My point however, is that in 30 years about all Israeli's will be native born in the land, and will have no connection to any of the creation of Israel.

Palestinians that wish for the right of return, they have not been born on this land although they believe to to be theres. Many are taught hate and will they take "revenge" out on the children of who the hate? I seem to think the answer would be yes.
Five million Jews came into Palestine and took over, so what would be wrong with five million Palestinians moving into Israel and taking over in thirty years time.

This really backs up that unjust law that possession is nine tenths of the law when it comes to ownership. You only have to be tougher than your opponent and keep hold of what you have taken.

Justice has to be fair to all people, and have the Jews been fair to the Palestinians?

In the spirit of searching for justice

Eric

Muslim Knight
03-10-2007, 10:40 AM
if there is no state of Israel, then are Jews safer? It is tough to think that statement is true.
The answer depends on whether the Jews were safe before the state of Israel came into existence in 1948. You know full well that we Muslims have nothing to do with extremists like Hitler. If Jews were wiped off during the Holocaust, he and his kind will definitely come looking for us Muslims.

Now back to the question, do Jews feel safer with the present State of Israel around?

Skillganon
03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Wait for Moshiach. :exhausted

It is predicted he will come at a time of peril.

Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the moshiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the moshiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the moshiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). For example, each of the following has been suggested as the time when the moshiach will come:
  • if Israel repented a single day;
  • if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;
  • if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
  • in a generation that is totally innocent or totally guilty;
  • in a generation that loses hope;
  • in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;
What Will the Moshiach Do?

Before the time of the moshiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16) The moshiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

The world after the messiah comes is often referred to in Jewish literature as Olam Ha-Ba (oh-LAHM hah-BAH), the World to Come. This term can cause some confusion, because it is also used to refer to a spiritual afterlife. In English, we commonly use the term "messianic age" to refer specifically to the time of the messiah.

Olam Ha-Ba will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people. (Isaiah 2:4) Hatred, intolerance and war will cease to exist. Some authorities suggest that the laws of nature will change, so that predatory beasts will no longer seek prey and agriculture will bring forth supernatural abundance (Isaiah 11:6-11:9). Others, however, say that these statements are merely an allegory for peace and prosperity.

All of the Jewish people will return from their exile among the nations to their home in Israel (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). The law of the Jubilee will be reinstated.
In the Olam Ha-Ba, the whole world will recognize the Jewish G-d as the only true G-d, and the Jewish religion as the only true religion (Isaiah 2:3; 11:10; Micah 4:2-3; Zechariah 14:9). There will be no murder, robbery, competition or jealousy. There will be no sin (Zephaniah 3:13). Sacrifices will continue to be brought in the Temple, but these will be limited to thanksgiving offerings, because there will be no further need for expiatory offerings.
-Judaism 101: Moshiach
Interesting thought, however do you believe all Jews will believe and follow the moshiac?

I don't mean offense but what I gather from the OT (not the torah but part of it) that some Jews where rebelious and acted against does sent by God.

Thanks.

ManchesterFolk
03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
handing israel over to the palestinians wouldn't only be devestating for the jews, but for the arabs as well. you should see how much the israelis harass the palestinians..
Do you realize how many Jews were subject to Arab riots before the creation of the state of Israel? I think you should look at things a bit more fair.

http://palestinefacts.org/pf_mandate_riots_1920-21.php
http://palestinefacts.org/pf_mandate_riots_1929.php

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Not like either side is better off!

united
03-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Im sure the Un could help out and other countries could send peace-keeping forces. But lets face the facts. It is not going to happen. The Jews of Israel have been too brainwashed to accept such a solution.

ManchesterFolk
03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
Im sure the Un could help out and other countries could send peace-keeping forces. But lets face the facts. It is not going to happen. The Jews of Israel have been too brainwashed to accept such a solution.
And the Muslims of Palestine and Iran and Syria have been to brainwashed as well as to care about peace keepers getting in the way.

Malaikah
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
You will find that in Islam as well, Muslims lives are favored over the unbelievers.
Is that why the Muslims would risk their own lives in battle in order to protect the non-Muslims under their care, who do not have to fight at all to defend themselves? :rollseyes

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
If non Muslims are in any kind of trouble, we are told to protect them even if its against our own.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.