/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Orthodox Judaism

ABDUL HAQ
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem who refused (and still refuse) to recognize the existence or authority of the so-called "State of Israel"

http://www.nkusa.org/aboutus/index.cfm

Neturei Karta oppose the so-called "State of Israel" not because it operates secularly, but because the entire concept of a sovereign Jewish state is contrary to Jewish Law.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
I believe it is two, but the Neturei Karta members have broken a lot of Jewish law also, not because of there opposition to zionism, but there was a huge contreversy in the fact that they took a Rabbi's words over Torah which is why many were excommunicated.

I am an Orthodox Jew and I would completly oppose the state of Israel, but I feel if dismantles tommorow Jewish lives would be destroyed very quickly and many jews would die. Do you think this would happen?

Grace Seeker
03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Rabbi can you share with us what are the differences between Orthodox Judaism and other forms of Judaism?

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Rabbi can you share with us what are the differences between Orthodox Judaism and other forms of Judaism?
Orthdox Judaism believes in following the Torah. Other forms believe that times are changing and either cancel some laws or interpret them so liberally it is digusting like saying the ban on homosexuality or "lieing with a man" was refering to a pagan practice. We all know what it was refering to. Sleeping with a man when your a man.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grace Seeker
03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
So the differences have to do with interpretation primarily? I didn't know of some groups only accept the Torah and others use all of the Tanakh. (Is it Tanach or Tanakh?, I've seen both used.)

How many different branches of Judaism are there? I think I have heard of Orthodox, Reformed, and Conservative?

rebelishaulman
03-09-2007, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
So the differences have to do with interpretation primarily? I didn't know of some groups only accept the Torah and others use all of the Tanakh. (Is it Tanach or Tanakh?, I've seen both used.)

How many different branches of Judaism are there? I think I have heard of Orthodox, Reformed, and Conservative?
Well, the laws come from the Torah not the Tanakh. "KH" and "CH" mean the same thing when pronoucing a transliterated Hebrew word. The "KH" or "CH" are the two letters put together when the Hebrew word "Khet/Chet" is used: ח

Basically here is an outline that I will write:

I myself and a mix of Haredi and Modern Orthodox. In Orthodox Judaism the majority are in between at least two of them.
  • Orthodox Judaism
    • Haredi - Ultra Orthodox, complete following of the Torah and rejection of secularism. (View Conservative and Reform Movements not valid, because they do not follow all of Jewish law)
    • Hasidic - Part of Haredi Judaism but believe joy of serving G-d's laws are more important than studying all day. Going out and doing the laws and being joyful in the process. Complete rejection of secularism, but will interact with some secular Jews to bring them back to traditional Judaism or for needs lik Doctors.(View Conservative and Reform Movement as not valid, because they do not follow all of Jewish law)
    • Mordern Orthodox - Follow all the laws of Judaism but do not reject the secular world. (View Conservative and Reform movement as not valid, because they do not follow all of Jewish law)
  • Conservative Movement
    • Conservativism - Believe in the most liberal interpretations of the law. Believe some laws are now invalid because changing times. (View Orthdox as valid, and Reform as not valid.)
  • Reform Moverment
    • Reformism - Believe that all Jews have a right to pick and chose what they feel Judaism means to them. (View all movements as valid expressions of Judaism

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.