/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cirmumsicion...cant spell)

Baljinder Kaur
03-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

i've never really understood this concept..what is it about, if it is something similair to baptism, then what do women do..also why did god not create men without the certain bit, isnt circumising a form of not accepting the will of god. instead it is changing the natural body. i asked a friend, but she said that some questions were not allowed to be asked. i replied that if i did not understand something, i would be following it blindly, and there would be no point. she argued that it invloved faith. i said that sometimes thats not enough, and questions need to be asked of where the logic behing certain things come from, cos otherwise it is jus a ritual without meaning...

thanks

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Baljinder Kaur
03-10-2007, 09:47 PM
oh yeh found it!

chacha_jalebi
03-10-2007, 10:03 PM
because isnt it cause the part thats removed, can get quite a lot of diseases and infections, so its best to remove it and be pure, i remember readin a book by ibn uthaymeen, and he said something like if the foreskin isnt removed, then the urine can build up in it, which will make prayer void and make you impure, if ya get moi :D and i think Hadhrat Ibraheem (alayhi salaam) was ordered to do it 1st, and its like his tradition, like the eid of sacrifice is also his tradiition

also science has also proved that the part that gets removed, reduces the risk of infections lik aids, so thats why its better :D

hope that helped and inshallah some one more knowledgeable then manz can help out :D

and and your friend sayin some Qs cant be aksed is crap :p ask whatever ya like :D inshallah it will be answered

NoName55
03-10-2007, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baljinder Kaur
oh yeh found it!
Islam

The origin of circumcision in Islam is a matter of religious and scholarly debate. It is mentioned in some parts of the Hadith, but not in the Qur'an. Fiqh scholars have different opinions about circumcision in Shariah, depending on which Hadith are accepted and how they are interpreted. According to some it is recommended (Sunnah); according to others, it is obligatory.[31] Some have quoted the Hadith to argue that the requirement of circumcision is based on the covenant with Abraham.[32]
The timing of Muslim circumcision varies. Turkish, Balkan, rural Egyptians and Central and South Asian Muslims typically circumcise boys between the ages of six and eleven and traditionally the event may be a joyous occasion and celebrated with sweets and feasting. However, in the middle class it is more usually done in infancy and is largely unremarked upon. In Turkey the celebratory feast is called "Sünnet Düğünü" and is considered a very important celebration in man's life as a passage to a manhood.[33] In Pakistan, Muslims may be circumcised at all ages from the newborn period to adulthood, though the medical profession has encouraged medical circumcisions in the first week after birth to reduce complications: "Circumcision is performed by barbers, medical technicians, quacks and doctors including paediatric surgeon[s] [and as] yet there is no consensus for the best age and method."[34] In Iran, Dr. Paula Drew states that “circumcision, which formerly celebrated the onset of manhood, has for many years now been more customarily performed at the age of 5 or 6 for children born at home, and at two days old for those born in a medical setting.…By puberty, all Muslim Iranian boys must be circumcised if they are to participate fully in religious activities.”[35] Kamyar et al describe it as an "obligatory custom" and note that it is not necessary for the circumciser to be a Muslim.[36]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Baljinder Kaur
03-10-2007, 10:14 PM
oooh ok, thats interesting, thanks man, but then..why did God not just make the human like that in the 1st place?

جوري
03-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Why do you cut your nails or hair? if G-D created them as a part of you? Why do you remove your appendix if you have appendicitis? why do we remove the spleen in children with sickle cell and other forms of hemolytic anemias if G-D created them... why were we just not born without them?

NoName55
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Why do you cut your nails or hair? if G-D created them as a part of you? Why do you remove your appendix if you have appendicitis? why do we remove the spleen in children with sickle cell and other forms of hemolytic anemias if G-D created them... why were we just not born without them?
:sl:

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

:w:

جوري
03-10-2007, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
:sl:

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

:w:
^^^Shokran Akhi... not to extend the topic beyond necessary.... but circumcision can be very useful is stopping things such as "Smegma" from accumulating under the "skin" and causing some serious problems as well as pathological Phimosis from poor hygiene. Al7mdlilah Muslims if they follow the religion have excellent hygiene, but in the rest of the population circumcision is recommended though not necessary! Lots of non-Muslim families choose to circumcisize their kids, so I am not sure why this is even a topic?

Muslim Knight
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Circumcision brothers, circumcision!!!

Baljinder Kaur
03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
thank you all for that, learnt something new!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.