/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua'a Understanding and Rulings

madeenahsh
03-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem InnAl-Hamdu lillaahi Nahmadhu Wanasthainu Bihi Wanasthagfiruh. Wanaudhubillahi Minshururi Anfusinah Wasayathi Amalinah Manyadhilahu Falah Mudhilala Wama-Yudhlyl Fa Hadhi-Alah Wa AshaduAllah laillah IlaAllaah Wa Hadah La Shareeka La Wa Ashadhuana Muhammadan Abduhu Wa Rasoulluhu(sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

All Praise is due to Allaah we praise Him and seek His help and forgiveness we seek refuge in Allaah the most high from the evils of our own selves and from our wicked deeds. Whom so ever has been guided by Allaah, none can misguide, and whom so ever has been misguided by Allaah, none can guide him. I bear witness that there is no true God worthy of being worship except Allaah alone without partner or associate, I further bear witness that Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam),is His true slave and Messenger.May Peace and Blessings of Allaah The Exalted be upon the Muhammad
(sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), his family and his household and upon all his Noble Companions.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) says:
[ Sûrat Âl-‘Imrân(The Family of Imran

O you who believe! Fear Allâh (by doing all that He has ordered and by abstaining from all that He has forbidden) as He should be feared. [Obey Him, be thankful to Him, and remember Him always], and die not except in a state of Islâm [as Muslims (with complete submission to Allaah) [3:102]

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said:
Sûrat An-Nisâ’(The Women)

O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwâ (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allâh through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship)[ Surely, Allâh is Ever an All-Watcher over you.[ 4:1]
Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said:
[Sûrat Al-Ahzâb(The Confederates

O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allâh and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), he has indeed achieved a great achievement (i.e. he will be saved from the Hell-fire and will be admitted to Paradise). [33:70-71]
To precede that, is the most truthful speech is that of Allaah’s Book the Quraan, and that best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad, (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). And that the worst of evils are innovations, which are foreign to the true teachings of Islaam.And every innovated matter in the Islamic Religion is newly invented matter, and every newly invented matter is misguidance and every Misguidance is leading to Hell fire.

The matter of dua , is a great matter in islam and it has a high status.
Dua is worship as the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) explaind in the authentic hadeeth.The term “Dua” in the language is to call upon someone,and in the shar in the Islamic legal meaning it has different definitions .

*One of the definitions is yearning to Allaah Azawajjal
*Other meaning is calling upon Allaah the Most Mighty The Most Magnificent for help. Manifesting ones needs of Allaah and declaring oneself free of ability and power, feeling humility and it involves the meaning of dua, and the meaning of praise and the meaning of generosity of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala)

And Imaam Imaam ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah,Rahimuhumullaah defined A dua by saying , “it is asking for something that is beneficial for the invoker , for the one who invokes Allaah and requesting to relief if from that which is harmful or wording off that which is harmful”.
These are some of the definitions of dua, and they are all interrelated. Many are the text in the Quraan and in the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), these text are replete denoting the merits of dua and its greatness and in sighting the believers to resort to Allaah alone .So in some of these text there is the incitement to make dua. In addition, in others there are warning to those who abandon the dua, and those who neglect it. Moreover, in some, there is mentioning of its reward that with Allaah the Most High, and in some, there is the praise for the believers who invoke Allaah. In addition, in many other texts as well, which denote the magnificence of this worship.

Infect Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala ) Opened His book with dua and ends it with dua, Soorah Al Hamd Sûrat Al-Fâtihah(The Opening) which is the opening soorah of the Noble Quraan , Comprises the dua. The dua involving the greatest request and most perfect objectives and that is asking Allaah Azawajjal, the guidance to the straight path and asking His help to carry on worshipping Him alone. This is in Sûrat Al-Fâtihah and at the end is Sûrat An-Nâs(Mankind) which is the last or the final chapter in the noble Quraan also it comprises the dua by seeking refuge in Allaah from the evil of whisper of “[Shaytaan (Satan)] and from the evil whipers of people as well . There is no doubt that opening the Quraan with dua, and ending it with dua is a great indication, that the opening the Quraan and ending it with Dua is proof for the greatest of this matter. This is the essence of this worship.
Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) called the dua in the quraan as (ibadaa) Worship. Refers to it as ibaada, worship in more than one vers, indicating its greatness and its high status. Like in the saying of

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said
Sûrat Ghâfir or Al-Mû’min(The Forgiving or The Believer)
And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islâmic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islâmic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"(40:60)
In addition, we read in what Allaah says.

Sûrat Al-Kahf(The Cave)

"And I shall turn away from you and from those whom you invoke besides Allâh. And I shall call upon my Lord and I hope that I shall not be unblest in my invocation to my Lord.” So when he had turned away from them and from those whom they worshipped besides Allâh, We gave him Ishâq (Isaac) and Ya‘qûb (Jacob), and each one of them We made a Prophet. [(19) 48-49].
In addition, there are other ayahs as well to this fact. And Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'aala) referd to the dua as deen He called it deen as in ,

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said:

So, call you (O Muhammad sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and the believers) upon (or invoke) Allâh making (your) worship pure for Him (Alone) (by worshipping none but Him and by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allâh’s sake only and not to show off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship), however much the disbelievers (in the Oneness of Allâh) may hate (it).[40:14]

This shows us the greatness of the matter of dua and that it is the foundation uboodiyyah of ones slavery and submission to his Creator and its essence and it is the title of humility and submission for Allaah Azawajall. that is why Allaah incited us and invited his slaves to resort to him in many places in the Noble Quraan.

Sûrat Al-A‘râf[The Heights (or The Walls with Elevations)

“ Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors.
And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, and invoke Him with fear and hope. Surely, Allâh’s Mercy is (ever) near unto the good-doers”.(7 :55-56]

He is the Ever Living, Lâ ilâha illâ Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He); so invoke Him making your worship pure for Him Alone (by worshipping Him Alone, and none else, and by doing righteous deeds sincerely for Allâh’s sake only, and not to show off, and not setting up rivals with Him in worship). All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists). (40:65)
And in many place also in the Noble Quraan Allaah incites the slaves to resort to dua by informing them that He is near, responding and giving them what they hope and what they as for.

Sûrat Al-Baqarah(The Cow)

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. (2:186)

Sûrat An-Naml(The Ants)

Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Little is that you remember! (27:62)

The more the persons knowledge of Allaah, the more he knows of Him then his relation with him is stronger, then his dua will be greater and his humility, the more the person knows of Allaah and his relation with him becomes strong, the greater his dua would be and his humility would also be much greater.

The Prophets of Allaah and his Messengers were the greatest in terms of the manifestation of dua regardingall of their affairs and Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala) praise them in the Quraan, and told us some of their invocation in their different situations.
Sûrat Al-Anbiyâ’(The Prophets)

So We answered his call, and We bestowed upon him Yahyâ (John), and cured his wife (to bear a child) for him. Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us. (21:90)
And from the invocations of the Prophets, is that which Allaah Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) related from Ibraheem Alyhisallam he said.

Sûrat Ibrâhîm(Abraham)

"All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, Who has given me in old age Ismâ‘îl (Ishmael) and Ishâq (Isaac). Verily! My Lord is indeed the All-Hearer of invocations.

"O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât ), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation. "Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established."(14): 39-41]

And Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) told us of His Messenger Nuuh Alyhi sallam .when he invoked Allaah to give him victory over his people who belied him, and stood against him.

Sûrat Al-Qamar(The Moon)

The people of Nûh (Noah) denied (their Messenger) before them. They rejected Our slave, and said: "A madman!" and he was insolently rebuked and threatened.
Then he invoked his Lord (saying): "I have been overcome, so help (me)!"
So We opened the gates of the heaven with water pouring forth.
And We caused springs to gush forth from the earth. So the waters (of the heaven and the earth) met for a matter predestined.
And We carried him on a (ship) made of planks and nails,
Floating under Our Eyes: a reward for him who had been rejected(54:9-14)

And he Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) told us of the dua of Prophet Ayyub Alyhisallam, when he was touched by calamity and was harmed and was hurt.

[B]Sûrat Al-Anbiyâ’(The Prophets)

And (remember) Ayyûb (Job), when he cried to his Lord: "Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy."
So We answered his call, and We removed the distress that was on him, and We restored his family to him (that he had lost) and the like thereof along with them as a mercy from Ourselves and a Reminder for all those who worship Us.(21:83-84)[/B

]He Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) informed of the dua of Yunus , when he was swallowed by the fish so he invoked Allaah his Lord while is the belly of the fish in the deep sea and Allaah responded to his invocation.

And (remember) Dhun-Nûn (Jonah), when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him (i.e. the calamities which had befallen him)! But he cried through the darkness (saying): Lâ ilâha illâ Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O, Allâh)], Glorified (and Exalted) be You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]! Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."
So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress. And Thus We do deliver the believers (who believe in the Oneness of Allâh, abstain from evil and work righteousness).(21:87-88)

So anyone who contemplates the Quraan will find from these invocations, and their request and humility and Submission before Allaah Azawajjal, many examples like this. Similarly, Allaah describes the believers, praise them the righteous because of their dua and their fear, and hope in Allaah. Describing his true believers

Sûrat As-Sajdah(The Prostration)

Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allâh’s Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do. (32:16-17)
We ask Allaah for his Bounty

Sûrat Al-Kahf(The Cave)

And keep yourself (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) patiently with those who call on their Lord (i.e. your companions who remember their Lord with glorification, praising in prayers, and other righteous deeds) morning and afternoon, seeking His Face; and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance, and who follows his own lusts, and whose affair (deeds) has been lost.(19:28)

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said: In describing the people of paradise when they enter paradise in peace and in security he said about them

Sûrat Yûnus(Jonah)

Verily, those who believe ,and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them through their Faith; under them will flow rivers in the Gardens of Delight (Paradise).Their way of request therein will be Subhânaka Allâhumma (Glory to You, O Allâh!) and Salâm (peace, safety from evil) will be their greetings therein (Paradise)! and the close of their request will be: Al-Hamdu Lillâhi Rabb-il-‘Âlamîn [All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, the Lord of ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)].(9: 9-10)

This dua is for the ruuh the essence of the deen .And it’s the title to humility ansd submmision to Rabil AlaMeen.

Yalaamhullaahu waiyakum, may Allaah make me and you to be among the people of dua, the sincere ones seeking His Face subhaanahu wa ta'aala.

Walhamdulilaahi Rabeel Almeen Wasallallahu Ala Nabiyinah Muhammad Wa Ala Alihi Wa Sahbyhi Wasalaam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
madeenahsh
03-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Merits of Supplication part 1

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Alhamdulillah rabbil alameen wa salaallah ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala ‘alihi wa
asshabihi wasallim.
In the name of Allâh, the most Beneficent the most Merciful.
I testify that there is no true God worthy of worship except Allâh, and that Muhammad is Allâh, true slave and messenger. May Allâh s, peace be upon the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) his household, and his companions, and those who follow on their path until the day of Resurrection.

This is the second meeting of the topic of dua (Supplication) in the first discussions, we went over an introduction to dua(Supplication) that it is the essence of worship. And we spoke about some ways of dua (Supplication) which the Prophet ( sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said and that was related to us either in the Quraan or in the authentic Sunnah. In this meeting InshAllâh, we will talk about the merits of dua(Supplication), knowing the there are many merits of dua and many fruits to it and many magnificent secrets as well.
From the merits of Dua.
From the merits of dua(Supplication), is that the dua is obedience to Allaah, and compliance with His commands Azawajjal.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) says in: Sûrat Ghâfir or Al-Mû’min(The Forgiving or The Believer)

And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islâmic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islâmic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"(40:60)

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said in: Sûrat Al-A‘râf[The Heights (or The Walls with Elevations) ]

Say (O Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)My Lord has commanded justice and (said) that you should face Him only (i.e. worship none but Allâh and face the Qiblah, i.e. the Ka‘bah at Makkah during prayers) in every place of worship, in prayers (and not to face other false deities and idols), and invoke Him only making your religion sincere to Him (by not joining in worship any partner with Him and with the intention that you are doing your deeds for Allâh’s sake only). As He brought you (into being) in the beginning, so shall you be brought into being [on the Day of Resurrection in two groups, one as a blessed one (believers), and the other as a wretched one (disbelievers)(7:29)

So the one who invokes Allaah, is obedient to him responding to His commands so this is the first merits of dua (Supplication) its is the obedience and compliance to Allaah.

Second Merits.
Dua is security and safety from arrogance; dua (Supplication) is security and safety from arrogance.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said says in: Sûrat Ghâfir or Al-Mû’min(The Forgiving or The Believer)

60. And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islâmic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islâmic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"(40:60)

Imam Shawkani ( Rahimullaah) said: This verse makes it clear that the dua (Supplication )is worship, and that Allaah commanded that we invoke Him, and that abandonment of dua (Supplication) is away Isthigzar, arrogance , haughtiness and what an ugly thing to do. When the person disdains from calling Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) the One who created him, the One who gives him sustains, the One who brought him from non existence to existence. The creator of the entire universe the provider, and sustainer, the One who brings him to life and the One who takes his life and this isthigtifar this arrogance this disdainfulness is form of insanity.

Third Merit the Imam Shawkani (Rahimullah) said that the merit of dua(Supplication) is, dua(Supplication) is Ibaada (worship) because of the same verse. The evidence is in the same verse and also hadeeth related by An-Nu'man bin Bashir (radee Allaahu ‘anhu)) said: that the Messenger Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said a dua(Supplication) whole Ibada , dua(Supplication) is ibadaa,Al Ibadaa is (worship).

Forth Merit
The dua is the best thing with Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) in the Hadeetth reported by At Sunan Tirmidhee and others from Abu Huraiyah ( Radhiallahu talaa anhu )said that the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: There is nothing better by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) than Dua(Supplication) why because it is manifestation of ones poverty and needs, that the person is the one who is poor and is indeed of Allaah the most high and in dua (Supplication) there is humility and acknowledgement for ones weakness and testimony of Allah greatness.

The fifth Merit.

That is dua is beloved to Allaah, and in the hadeeth reported Saheeh Muslim the great hadeeth. This is hadeeth Qudusi Hadeeth 17
On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said: O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me.And will not attain benefiting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you, and the last of you, the human of you, and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself. It was related by Muslim Hadith Qudsi 17: (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

In this Hadeeth there is evidence that, Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) loves for His slaves to ask Him. Ask Him what? All of their affairs in their deen and their duniya from food to drink, from clothing’s, just as they ask Him for guidance and forgiveness and success and help to carry on the acts of obedience and the like and the He promises them Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) in all of the to respond to them and give them their request.
And in this hadeeth also there is evidence on the perfect ability of Allaah Azawajjal and His perfect kingdom. And that His kingdom and His Pleasures are not diminished by all that which He gives, if you give the first and the last Jinn and the Insaan all what they ask, if they stand in one place, its nothing that diminishes that in His kingdom. And this there is another benefit in this hadeeth that it insights, that people should ask Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) and ask a lot, He loves to be asked. And in this Saheeh Bukhari From hadeeth of Abu Huraira (Radhiallahu anhu )
Narrated Abu Huraira
The Messenger Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) "Allah said, 'Spend (O man), and I shall spend on you." He also said, "Allah's Hand is full, and (its fullness) is not affected by the continuous spending night and day." He also said, "Do you see what He has spent since He created the Heavens and the Earth? Nevertheless, what is in His Hand is not decreased, and His Throne was over the water; and in His Hand there is the balance (of justice) whereby He raises and lowers (people)." (Hadeeth No. 4354 Saheeh Al Bukhari)

The Sixth merit
Is that, the dua it reason or a cause for the openness of the breast relief from worries bringing easy at the matters and in affairs, many witness this in the lives. Matters are so constricted and tough, and they invoke Allaah and then they will witness the relief in different ways, which they did not expect. Many affairs, which have been restricted for them from all angels. They stand up at night raising their hands invoking Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) sincerely and they find that happening Allaah opens for them the relief from different ways and forms. Why because the person know that all this creation is nothing. If Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) wants something, nothing can stop Him (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) from happening so he knows that. He knows to go to the all Perfect the Most Mighty and put his trust in him
The seventh benefit
Dua is a cause to word off Allaah anger that is because if a person does not ask Allaah, Allaah becomes angry with him.
In the hadeeth reported by at-Tirmidhe and Ibn Majah . The Messenger Muhammad(sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) . Said: The one who does not ask Allaah, Allah will become angry with him.
In addition, a poet put a nice poem he said: Do not ask the children of Adam. Ask the one whose doors and not screen. Allaah becomes angry if you do not ask Him because the children of Adam when they are asked they get angry.
Eighth benefit
Dua is evidence for real tawakal reliance and dependence upon Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) and putting trust on him. Because the secret is dependent of the heart upon Allaah alone this is the secret and this reliance is manifested truly during the time of Dua. Because the invoker while in dua is seeking Allaah help assigning his affairs to Him alone, and to non else and we know that true tawakal (true reliance) upon Allaah is the one which the person takes by the means and dua is from the greatest means if not the greatest.
Ninth Benefit
Is that the dua means for elevating oneself and its motivation, through dua supplication the self is elevated and becomes high in rank similarly, the motivation is elevated. And becomes stronger because, the invoker resolves to the Most Mighty Allaah. Unloading his request, at His door, seeking him in all his affairs. Thus this connecting any hope in the hands of the created and, relief himself from their captivity, and from their favors so dua is safer from all of that.
Sheikh Islaam Ibn Taymiyaah (rahimhullaah) said:
The stronger ones hope in Allahs favors and His mercy. And to give him his want and fulfill that which he needs then his slavery to Allaah becomes stronger and his liberation from other then Allaah. Also gets stronger, just like because his hope in the created necessitates his slavery to him, then giving up hope in Him necessitates free his heart of him of the Creator
Then tenth benefit is
Dua is safety from incapacity and evidence for cleverness, in the hadeeth of Abu Huraiya radee Allaahu ‘anhu)said that the Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) Said the most o the people is the one who does not invoke Allaah, and the most miser of people is the one who Is miser in greeting in giving sallam this is reported by Ibn Hibaan and Shaykh al-Albaanee (Rahimullah) said that this is Saheeh. Why, because dua does not require too much hardship infect there is no hardship in it and there is no harm in invoking, rather it is a benefit.
The eleventh merit is that the fruit of the dua is guarantee by Allah s will so if the invoker fulfills the conditions required for dua, and which we will discuss. Then he will achieve the good and great benefits, this is elevated, and we know from the hadeeth reported by Bukhari, Muslim, and sheikh Albaanee considered it to be saheeh.
Hadeeth of Abi Said Khudhirira Radhiallahuanhu said that, the Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Said No Muslim when is invokes Allaah. Invokes but not in something sinful severing the ties of kinship except that Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala)will give him one of his Seeking. Either that Allaah will hasten for him, his invocation giving him his request. Or that Allaah will save it for him in the hereafter or that Allah(subhaanahu wa ta’aala) will give the like of even to what he asked.They will ask more he said Allaah hu Akbar Allaah is Great.
And in another condition in another narration no one turns his face to Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala ) asking him, his request and either ,Allaah gives it to him either He hasten it for him in this life, or save it for him in the hereafter . As long as he does not hasten. They said: O Messenger of Allaah what is his hastening, explain what this means He said: Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Said I invoked and I invoked and invoked and I don’t see that there is a responds for my request this hadeeth is reported by Imaam Ahmad and Al Bukhari reported it in Adabal Mufra and sheikh Albaanee consider it to be Saheeh supported by the previous hadeeth we mentioned.
So in this narrations there is evidence that the dua of a Muslim is Answered, Allaah give him either in this life or hereafter and this if from the favor of the most high. And Al Hafidhu Imaam Hajar said that if the dua is answered but the form of answers differ sometimes it is exactly as he asked for and sometimes with something’s there alternatives, these are eleven merits of duaa. In addition, InshAllaah ta ala in the next meeting we will talk more about the merits of dua.
Wallaahu ta'aala 'aalam!
Alhamdulilahi Rabill alameen Wasallamhu Nabiyaan Muhammadin Wa ala Alyhii Wa Asahbih

madeenahsh
03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Conditions of Invocation

Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem Al-Hamdu lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen Wa sall-Allaahu ‘Ala Nabiyyina Muhammadeen Wa ‘Alayhi Wa Asaahabi wa sallam.

We continue the discussion on the book of dua. And in this talk we focus upon the conditions of dua. Condition for dua, there are conditions for dua, which must be fulfilled so that the dua is answered by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and from this condition.

1st that the invoker knows with certainty that Allaah alone is the one who is able to answer his dua invocation so no one can bring him a benefit nor can remove harm from him except Allaah his creator. And sustainer and provider the one who deserves to be worshipped alone because the dua is Ibaada worship.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said:In Sûrat An-Naml(The Ants)

Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilâh (god) with Allâh? Little is that you remember!(27:62)

This is the aspect of tawheed that must be certain in ones heart that he resorts to Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) knowing that Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) is the only one who responds.

Second. He invokes only Allaah thus does he must not invoke other then Allaah or besides him anything or anyone because this constitutes shirk associating partners with Allah in worship.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said:In Sûrat Al-Jinn(The Jinn)

And the mosques are for Allâh (Alone): so invoke not anyone along with Allâh (72:18)

And the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) told Ibn Abbas (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) if you ask, then ask Allaah and if you seek help, seek help from Allaah.

Third Condition.
Is that he seeks a means of nearness’ to Allaah by one of the approved type of Tawwasul seeking means of nearness to Allaah. Because as we know there are forms of Tawwasul(means of seeking nearness to Allaah) that are legal and some are illegal,and from the legal ones is making Tawwasul by one of the name of Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala) or by one of His attributes.

Like for the person to say Allaahumma Inni aasaluka or Allaah I ask You!Bianaaka anta lailaha ilaa anta Arahmaan Araheem I ask you that you are knowing that you are Allaah . None deserves to be worshipped except you Arahmaan the most beneficent, Araheem the most merciful, and then he said Anta Rahamnee bestow mercy upon me, wa thagfirlee and forgive me. Or like saying Ya Rahmaan, Oh Rahmaan! Is one of the name of Allaah Ya Rahamnee have mercy upon me or he says Ya Kareem, Kareem is one of the name of Allaah Oh Generous One. Akreemni Bestow me from your favors and honor me. Or like for example he says using an attribute of Allaah as means of nearness asalluka birahmatheek. I ask You by Your Mercy, al lathi wasiaan kula shaiy, which encompasses everything. Or like saying birahmatheeka asthagis, in Your Mercy I seek refuge, all this is permissible as means of nearness to Allaah. This type of Tawwasul and the evidence for this is the saying of Allaah the most high.

And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allâh[1], so call on Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny (or utter impious speech against) His Names. They will be requited for what they used to do.(7:180)

This is an approved legal way of Tawwasul seeking nearness to Allaah the second is seeking nearness to Allaah by righteous deeds bil amaal asaliha. Like if a muslim says” Allaahuma O Allaah Inni asaaluka bi emaanibiq O Allaah I ask you due to my believe in you or Bi muhabatilak by my love of you or by my following of your Messenger all that he represent before his dua a righteous deed which he did, then makes tawwasul by this deed to Allaah to give him what he ask for. The evidence for this is the saying of Allaah.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said: Sûrat Âl-‘Imrân(The Family of Imran)

Those who say: "Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire."(3:16)

This is the means of nearness to Allaah that they assert they believe, also in the same Sûrat.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said: Sûrat Âl-‘Imrân(The Family of Imran)

"Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad(sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) calling to Faith: ‘Believe in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrâr (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism).(3:193)

And from the sunnah the story of the people of the cave each one of them sort means of nearness to Allaah by his righteous deed and Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala accepted that from them and there story is reported in Sahih Al Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. And we take from Sahih Al Bukhari volume 4,Book 56 Hadeeth 671.

And this is from Ibn Umar (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) And His Father
(radee Allaahu ‘anhu).
Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, "Once three persons (from the previous nations) were traveling, and suddenly it started raining and they took shelter in a cave. The entrance of the cave got closed while they were inside. They said to each other, 'O you! Nothing can save you except the truth, so each of you should ask Allah's Help by referring to such a deed as he thinks he did sincerely (i.e. just for gaining Allah's Pleasure).' So one of them said, 'O Allah! You know that I had a laborer who worked for me for one Faraq (i.e. three Sas) of rice, but he departed, leaving it (i.e. his wages). I sowed that Faraq of rice and with its yield I bought cows (for him). Later on when he came to me asking for his wages, I said (to him), 'Go to those cows and drive them away.' He said to me, 'But you have to pay me only a Faraq of rice,' I said to him, 'Go to those cows and take them, for they are the product of that Faraq (of rice).' So he drove them. O Allah! If you consider that I did that for fear of You, then please remove the rock.' The rock shifted a bit from the mouth of the cave. The second one said, 'O Allah, You know that I had old parents whom I used to provide with the milk of my sheep every night. One night I was delayed and when I came, they had slept, while my wife and children were crying with hunger. I used not to let them (i.e. my family) drink unless my parents had drunk first. So I disliked waking them up and also disliked that they should sleep without drinking it, I kept on waiting (for them to wake) till it dawned. O Allah! If You consider that I did that for fear of you, then please remove the rock.' So the rock shifted and they could see the sky through it. The (third) one said, 'O Allah! You know that I had a cousin (i.e. my paternal uncle's daughter) who was most beloved to me and I sought to seduce her, but she refused, unless I paid her one-hundred Dinars (i.e. gold pieces). So I collected the amount and brought it to her, and she allowed me to sleep with her. But when I sat between her legs, she said, 'Be afraid of Allah, and do not deflower me but legally. 'I got up and left the hundred Dinars (for her). O Allah! If You consider that I did that for fear of you than please remove the rock. So Allah saved them and they came out (of the cave)." (This Hadith indicates that one can only ask Allah for help directly or through his performed good deeds. But to ask Allah through dead or absent prophets, saints, spirits, holy men, angels etc. is absolutely forbidden in Islam and it is a kind of disbelief.) (Saheeh Al Bukhari,No. 3229)
So here there is point of evidence that one can use means of nearness by his good righteous deeds. And this does not mean you put a righteous person between yourself and Allaah , to invoke Allaah through him through the dead the absent or Prophets , righteous spritis or whatever angels. This is a kind of shirk.
Now having said this it is permissible to make Tawwasul to Allaah by way of the dua of a present righteous person who is able.

Dua, the dua of a righteous person who is living and is present and able the evidence for this is in the hadeeth of:

Narrated Anas bin Malik (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) said
Once in the lifetime of the Prophet (SallAllaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam) the people were afflicted with drought (famine). While the Prophet was delivering the Khutba on a Friday, a Bedouin stood up and said, "O, Allah's Apostle! Our possessions are being destroyed and the children are hungry; Please invoke Allah (for rain)". So the Prophet raised his hands. At that time there was not a trace of cloud in the sky. By Him in Whose Hands my soul is as soon as he lowered his hands, clouds gathered like mountains, and before he got down from the pulpit, I saw the rain falling on the beard of the Prophet. It rained that day, the next day, the third day, the fourth day till the next Friday. The same Bedouin or another man stood up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The houses have collapsed, our possessions and livestock have been drowned; Please invoke Allah (to protect us)". So the Prophet I raised both his hands and said, "O Allah! Round about us and not on us". So, in whatever direction he pointed with his hands, the clouds dispersed and cleared away, and Medina's (sky) became clear as a hole in between the clouds. The valley of Qanat remained flooded, for one month, none came from outside but talked about the abundant rain. (Saheeh Al Bukhari, No 888)
And from this also is the Tawwasul of the Companions by the Dua of Al Abbas the unlce of the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) by his dua not by this person, and from that also to call Allaah for rain and also from that is the Tawwasul of Muawiya(radee Allaahu ‘anhu) by the dua of Yazid Bin Al Aswad Al Jurashee(raheemahulla)
And from this also is what came from the news of the ways of Uwais Al Qarnee , and this report is in Al Saheeh Muslim from the Hadeeth of Usair Bin Jabir.

Usair b. Jabir reported that when people from Yemen came to help (the Muslim army at the time of jihad) he asked them: Is there amongst you Uwais b. 'Amir? (He continued finding him out) until he met Uwais. He said: Are you Uwais b., Amir? He said: Yes. He said: Are you from the tribe of Qaran? He said: Yes. He (Hadrat) 'Umar (again) said: Did you suffer from leprosy and then you were cured from it but for the space of a dirham? He said: Yes. He ('Umar) said: Is your mother (living)? He said: Yes. He ('Umar) said: I heard Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say: There would come to you Uwais b. Amir with the reinforcement from the people of Yemen. (He would be) from Qaran, (the branch) of Murid. He had been suffering from leprosy from which he was cured but for a spot of a dirham. His treatment with his mother would have been excellent. If he were to take an oath in the name of Allaah, He would honour that. And if it is possible for you, then do ask him to beg forgiveness for you (from your Lord). So he (Uwais) begged forgiveness for him. Umar said: Where do you intend to go? He said: To Kufa. He ('Umar) said: Let me write a letter for you to its governor, whereupon he (Uwais) said: I love to live amongst the poor people. When it was the next year, a person from among the elite (of Kufa) performed Hajj and he met Umar. He asked him about Uwais. He said: I left him in a state with meagre means of sustenance. (Thereupon) Umar said: I heard Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: There would come to you Uwais b. 'Amir, of Qaran, a branch (of the tribe) of Murid, along with the reinforcement of the people of Yemen. He had been suffering from leprosy, which would have been cured, but for the space of a dirham. His treatment with his mother would have been very kind. If he would take an oath in the name of Allaah (for something) He would honour it. Ask him to beg forgiveness for you (from Allaah) in case it is possible for you. So he came to Uwais and said.: Beg forgiveness (from Allaah) for me. He (Uwais) said: You have just come from a sacred journey (Hajj) ; you, therefore, ask forgiveness for me. He (the person who had performed Hajj) said: Ask forgiveness for me (from Allaah). He (Uwais again) said: You have just come from the sacred journey, so you ask forgiveness for me. (Uwais further) said: Did you meet Umar? He said: Yes. He (Uwais) then begged forgiveness for him (from Allaah). So the people came to know about (the status of religious piety) of Uwais. He went away (from that place). Usair said: His clothing consisted of a mantle, and whosoever saw him said: From where did Uwais get this mantle? (Saheeh Muslim,No 6172)
So all of this narration it indicates it is permissible to seek mean of nearness by the dua of the righteous person living, present and able!
And from that also, the means of nearness is presenting oneself as humble poor confessing of ones sins of ones shortcomings before Allah like saying
Allaahumma Inni aabdukal fakeer Al mukaseer Ala nafsihi ,O Allaah am your poor slave I ask You to forgive me the evidence for this is in the Inoccation of Yûnus ( Jonah)Alyhi sallam.

Allaah(subhaanahuwata'aala)said:SûratAlAnbiyâ (TheProphets).

And (remember) Dhun-Nûn (Jonah), when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him (i.e. the calamities which had befallen him)! But he cried through the darkness (saying): Lâ ilâha illâ Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O, Allâh)], Glorified (and Exalted) be You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]! Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."(21:87)

So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress. And thus We do deliver the believers (who believe in the Oneness of Allâh, abstain from evil and work righteousness).(21:88)

And what Allaah said about Musa( Alyhi sallam).

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said Sûrat Qasas(TheNarration)

So he watered (their flocks) for them, then he turned back to shade, and said: "My Lord! Truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me!" (28:24). “In need ,I am In Need”

The fourth condition is.
Keeping away from hastening the responds when you invoke Allaah, and don’t also think of delays and so forth, because this issue of hastening the responds is from the defect, which takes way from the impact of the dua. And in the hadeeth of :

Narrated Abu Huraira (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) Said the invocation of one of you will be answered as long as he does not hasten meaning the responds, saying “I Invoke but my invocation was not answered and this is in( Sahih Al Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim)

And from that is the hadeeth of Abu Huraira (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) Said: the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) Said: The responds will continue to be given to the person as long as he does not invoke something sinful or severing of ties of kinship, but as long as he does not hasten. Then it was said “Oh Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) what is the hastening he said, “I invoke and I invoked but I didn’t see that my invocation was answered”, so there he will leave the dua he will stop and leave the dua.

And in this hadeeth there is an etiquette from the etiquettes of dua , that the person should continue asking and not despair from the respond ,because in this there is many manifestation of submission, and manifestation of ones need to Allaah and yielding as Al haq Ibn Hajar said in the explanation of this hadeeth.
And Imaam ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah said of the defect which prevent the impact of dua is the person hastening and thinking the dua is the delayed so he cease and abandons the dua, and this is he said while the person who sowed some seeds or a plantation . And then takes care of it but then he sees that it is slow in its growth and its perfection, its completion is slow, there then he abandons and leaves, he becomes neglectful and leaves it. This is the example of the one who hasten the responds to the dua.

The fifth condition. The dua must be in good, free from sins or severing of ties as in the hadeeth mentioned earlier and from the conditions having good opinion of Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala and that is why the hadeeth which is reported by.

Abu Huraira (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) said: the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) Said: invoke Allaah while you are certainly concerning the Ijaba , the responds and this hadeetht is (reported by (At-Tirmidhee & A Tabarani ) Sheikh Muhammad Nasiruddin, al-Albaanee (Rahemullah ) considered this hasan
And the hadeeth of Jabir (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) said that I heard the Messenger sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) saying before he died, three days before he died, let no one of you die except that he has good opinion in Allaah Azawajjal the most Mighty and Most Majestic and this hadeeth in (Muslim Saheeh). Having this good opinion in excitement to act and in tales the responds and acceptance with Tawabah (repentance) and forgiveness upon isthigfar and reward upon the deed. Thinking of forgiveness and reward and responds yet insisting on sins and wrong doings then this is not a good opinion this is wishful thinking arising from ignorance and haughtiness.
So the one who has good opinion on Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aala, Allaah will bestow upon him from His Bounties.
The Sixth condition is the Presence of the heart the invoker should have his hearth present and understand what he says, contemplating of the greatness of the one who he invokes. It is not fitting the person to converse with Allaah in words, which he does not know, what the words mean and using sentences, which he repeats without knowing what the words mean. On the other hand, just using them as it is a habit. As in the Hadeeth the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: know that from someone’s heart, whose heart is distracted or just present this Hadeeth is (Reported in at-Tirmidhee & Tabarani and Sheikh Al-Albaanee considered it Hassan)

The seventh condition is to use the legal dua the legal invocations mentions in the Quran and in the Sunnah or at least not to oppose the legal dua , by innovated invocations like seeking means of nearest by the statue of Prophet( sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) for example or by using invocations involving shirk Tawwasul , like invoking others then Allaah the dead and so forth and from the conditions is to have good and pure means, earnings.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) says in the Qur’aan:

And (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) recite to them (the Jews) the story of the two sons of Adam (Hâbîl and Qâbîl-Abel and Cain) in truth; when each offered a sacrifice (to Allâh), it was accepted from the one but not from the other. The latter said to the former: "I will surely kill you.[1]" The former said: "Verily, Allâh accepts only from those who are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious – 5:27)

Hadeeth Reported by Muslim Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) is good and accepted only that whish is good, And Allaah has commanded the believers to do that which is good and follow the Messengers and He Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said O Messenger eat of the good things and do righteous deeds and He Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said O you who believe eat of the good things that which We have provided you, the he mention about a man having journey far this shavel and dusty and spread out his hands to the sky and saying O Lord O Lord w The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: hile his food is unlawful to him, his drink unlawful, his clothing unlawful and he is nourished unlawfully so how can he be answered? And from the conditions is staying away from transgression in dua.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said Sûrat Al-A‘râf[The Heights (or The Walls with Elevations)
Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors. (7:55)
Like for example Invoking Allaah in something, which is impossible or invoking Allaah? In things, where in Shariya (legal Islamic rules) such things cannot take place. Like a Muslim invoking Allaah for another Muslim that not to be admitted to paradise. Or invoking Allaah for a Kafir (Non Muslim) to enter Paradise after the Kafir death or invoking Allah subhaanahu wa ta’aala against ones family. or invoking Allaah subhaanahu wa ta’aala make such and such person Alcoholic or make him die as a Kafir or make him commit adultery and mischief .Or Invoking Allaah subhaanahu wa ta’aala to have mischief in the earth to increase the mischief in the earth as the Rafeedah(Shia) who invoke Allaah and which that mischief spread in the earth ,so that there awaited so called Mahdis comes out from his truck to spread justice and these and the transgressions of the dua.
And from the conditions that the dua should not leave someone eto aboned an obligation busying himself with dua while salath time is called to be established or to abandon the fillings of obligation of the guests rights and going and making dua and it may be in the story of Juraij the Worshippers as it is indicated in the saheehain from Humaid bin Hilal from Abi Rafa to Abu Huraira radee Allaahu ‘anhu) and it is in (Saheeh Al Bukhari and Muslim)
A Narrated Abu Huraira ( radee Allaahu ‘anhu) Allah's Apostle said, "A woman called her son while he was in his hermitage and said, 'O Juraij' He said, 'O Allah, my mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?' She again said, 'O Juraij!' He said again, 'O Allah ! My mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?' She again said, 'O Juraij' He again said, 'O Allah! My mother (is calling me) and (I am offering) my prayer. (What shall I do?)' She said, 'O Allah! Do not let Juraij die till he sees the faces of prostitutes.' A shepherd used to come by his hermitage for grazing her sheep and she gave birth to a child. She was asked whose child that was, and she replied that it was from Juraij and that he had come out from his hermitage. Juraij said, 'Where is that woman who claims that her child is from me?' (When she was brought to him along with the child), Juraij asked the child, 'O Babus, who is your father?' The child replied, 'The shepherd.' (" Saheeh Al Bukhari No 1135)

Imaam Nawwawi he commented onto this he said that the Ulema mention this as a deleel that the correcting was in responds for his mother why because he was in an optional prayer and he continued his optional prayers, in something voluntary not an obligation. While responding to the mother and being dutiful to her is an obligation. Moreover, doing otherwise it is unlawful and he could have lighted his salaah and then answer her and then return to his salaah. He may possible fear that she will talk him and ask him to leave his hermitage. In addition, come to this worldly life and busy himself in that, and he determination will be weaken because he committed himself to the worship and this hermitage. So the point from this is this is evidence that the person should not make himself busy with the dua while there is something legally demanded as an obligation
Wallaahu ta'aala ‘aalam.

Wa sall-Allaahu ‘Ala Nabiyyina Muhammadeen Wa ‘Alayhi Wa Asaahabi wa sallam.

madeenahsh
03-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Manners of making Dua

Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem Al Hamdu lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen Sallallahu Alla Nabiyinah Muhammad Wa Alla Alyhi Wa Sahbyhi Wasallam.

We continue on the discussion on the subject of the du’aa.last time we talked about the condition of the du’aa and in addition to the fact that dua has condition to it ,there also are etiquettes that makes it effective and from the etiquettes.

Adh’aab Du’aa etiquettes and manners of du'aa from the adh’aab etiquette or manner in du’aa is praising Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and making salah upon the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) before the du'aa.

It is reported by Fudhala bin Ubayd that while the Prophet( sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was sitting, a man came in and he prayed and said Allahummaghfirlee Oh Allaah forgive me warhamnee and have mercy upon me .

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said “you hasten” If you pray and you sit then first praise Allaah by all that which he deserves then make salah upon me and then invoke Him.

Therefore, he directed him to praise Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) first then make salah upon him (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). Then another man came and prayed and this other man praised Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and made salah upon the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam
In addition, the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said you the one who prayed invoke Allah and you will be answered.
[This hadeeth is reported by a Tirmidhee By Abu Dawood Graded Saheeh al Jaami by Shaykh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee. rahimahumullaah]

And the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said in another hadeeth reported by at Tabarani and others .He (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: every du'aa is hindered from being answered untill salah upon the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is made. [This hadeeth reported by at Tabaranee and Ali( Radheeallahu anhu) also in Alfirwdaus by Adailanee An Anas this is in at Tirmidhee and Shaykh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee. graded it Hasana]

The second etiquette

Admitting one's sins and confessing of one's mistakes and wrongdoings, and that is why the du'aa of Prophet Yunus Alyhi salaam is one of the greatest invocations,why because it complies his comfessions and attestation to the ones of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and his uniqueness in addition to his confessing his sins and wrongdoing and doing injustices to himself as Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) said regarding this in ,

And {remember} Dhan-Nun {Jonah}, when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him {i.e. the calamites which had befallen him}! But he cried through the darkness {saying}: laa ilaaha illa Anta, Glorified {and Exalted} are You [above all that {evil} they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers [21:87]
laa ilaaha illa Anta, Glorified {and Exalted} are You [above all that {evil} they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."

Similarly, the situation holds regarding the great du'aa known as saiyeed al istighfar, which is known, as most superior from istighfar asking Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) for forgiveness which is considered the best in structure and one of the causes of its merits is that it involves the confession concerning sins and wrong doing

As came in the hadeeth of Shaddaad Bin Auss( radhiallahuanhu) that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: 'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta." O Allaah , You are my Lord , none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best as I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favors upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You.”(Saheeh Al Bukhari volume 8, book 75 Nummber 318)

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise. In addition, if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise this was the second etiquette or manner.
Third one is
Being in a state of humbleness and calmness with hope and fear. Allah described his Prophet.

So We answered his call, and We bestowed upon him Yahyaa, and cured his wife {to bear a child} for him. Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us.
: Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us. [21:90]

The forth is
Having firmness and determination when making the du'aa or concerning the issue
Narrated by Abu Huraiyra (radhiallahu anhu) said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)said:"None of you should say: 'O Allah, forgive me if You wish; O Allah, be merciful to me if You wish,' but he should always appeal to Allah with determination, for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will.(Saheeh Al Bukhari) Volume 8, Book 75, Number 351.

The fifth is
Insistence in du'aa this is from the beautiful etiquette which indicates the true hope in Allah 'azza wa jjaal in addition to the fact that Allaah subhana wa ta’aala loves those insisting in du’aa as came in the hadeeth of Aisha (radhiallahu ‘anha) reported in at Tabaranee and others. I have to mention with the respect to the narration by Aisha, which is mentioned earlier concerning the degree of the hadeeth this hadeeth Allaah loves those who insist in du’aa.
Reported in at Tabarani and others, and al Ukailly in a dua Fai Qabeer al Hafidh ibn Hadhar and other from the way of Wakeel Ibn Waleed and who said that Yusuf ala uzaai Al Zukree an Uruwa an Aisha. Then he reported it, Hafid Ibn Hadhar said in his book al Fath, the Tabarani reported it in the dua with good chaintrustworthy chain of narrators. Except there is the point known as An Ana Baqeeya Waleed from Aisha, there is criticism also by the other to the narration, and some have declared it weak. And others considered it inauthentic.
In addition, some of the scholars even considered it as fabricated. This is with the respect to the statues of this Narration.

The Sixth Manner
Make du'aa under all circumstances. meaning at times of ease, at times of difficulties, hardships because of the hadeeth. Reported by Abu Hurayra radiya Allahu 'anhu) he said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said “’whoever is pleased or wants that Allaah responds to his du'a in times of hardship then let him make abundant du'a in times of easy

The seventh

Avoiding du'a against one's family, one's wealth, and ones self because the objective of the du'a is to seek what is beneficial and to ward off harm. Making du’aa against ones family and ones self there is no benefit in making such du'a, rather this is pure harm upon the person. What will a person gain from the corruption for example of his family, destruction of his wealth or himself etc.

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:Do not invoke Allah against yourself, your children, And don’t invoke Allaah against your wealth, lest you may meet an hour where you ask Allaah subhana wa ta’ aal and He will respond to you (Saheeh Muslim)

The eighth
To repeat the du'a three times as reported in saheeh muslim in the lengthy hadeeth of Ibn Mas'ud and that is when the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) when he finished his salaah he raised his voice
Then the prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) invoke Alalh against Quraysh.And that is when he used to make Dua in thrice, then he said in his du’aa. Allaahumma Alyka bi Quraish 3 times.

The Ninth
To face the Qiblah Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zaid radiya Allahu 'anhu .The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) went towards the Musalla and invoked Allah for rain. He faced the Qibla and wore his cloak inside out, and offered two Rakat. Volume 2, Book 17, Number 125:

The Tenth
Raising the handswith du'a

Abu Musa Al Ashari (Radhiallahu anhu) said The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) asked for some water and performed the ablution, and then raised his hands (towards the sky) and said, "O Allah! Forgive 'Ubaid Abi 'Amir." I saw the whiteness of his armpits (while he was raising his hands) and he added, "O Allah! Upgrade him over many of Your human creatures on the Day of Resurrection " (Saheeh Al Bukhari)
Another hadeeth, Ibn "umar radiya Allahu 'anhuma The prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam raised his hands and said “O Allah I declare myself free of what khalid had done”.( Saheeh Al Bukhari)
The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: “your Lord the Most High is bashful and generous”
He is shy for His slave to raise his hands to Him and He turns them empty.
hadeeth of Salman Al Farisi, radiya Allahu 'anhu Reported by At Tirmidhee Abu Dawood Ibn Maja Shaykh al Albaanee Rahimahullaah. Graded it Hasan.

This raising of the hands applies to the general du'a and to all cases where there is proof to raise the hands in du'a for example raising hands in du'a at Safa and Marwa
In addition, in asking for rain on the day of jumu'ah while giving the lecture.

There are invocations where hands aren’t raised. Example the du’a upon entering or while leaving the house on entrance or leaving the toilet no proof for raising the hands under such situations therefore guidance in this is raising the hands in the case of general du’a or when proofs indicating such

The eleventh
Using the siwak to brush one's teeth and is directed in the following manner.
The du'a is worship by the tongue and cleaning the mouth, when making the du'a is a good etiquette this is why there are many proof of using siwak, for salah, and the reason is to clean the place where the dhirk is going to be established. For where the remembrance of Allaah subhanawata a’ aala is going to be established.

The Twelfth
To introduce a righteous deed like giving charity or doing good to a poor person, offering 2 rakaat, fasting so these righteous deeds be means for the for the du'a to be answered
Evidence in the hadeeth of the three who went into a cave and a rock fell and closed the entrance of the cave each one sought nearness to Allah by a righteous deed he did sincerely for Allah's sake.And Allaah subhanwatala’aala excepted the du’aa of each person made the rock move away and finally they came out of the cave safe. This is the etiquette to do righteous deeds before making du’aa
Three men, amongst those who became before you set out until night came and theyreached a cave, so they entered it. A rock slithered down from a mountain andblocked the entrance of the cave. They said: Nothing will save you from thisexcept that you supplicate to Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) by mentioning therighteous deeds you have done … etc.”[Reported by Bukahri andMuslim].

The Thirtieth

Al wudhu the ritual purification as in the hadeeth of Abu Musa al Ashari in al bukhari and in Muslim. “ When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). hadfinished from the battle of Hunain, he said the Prophet (peace and blessings ofAllah be upon him) asked for water, performed ablution and then raised his hands saying: O Allah forgive Ubaid Abi Amir.”[Reported by Bukahri andMuslim].

The Fourteenth
One’s aim or objective should be good if one puts an objective as a means of nearness to Allah if his dua' is answered that a righteous deed may be manifested example asking for.“O Allaah bestow on me wealth so I can spend it in ways of truth, and to help bide Your Deen Islaam.Or asking O Allaah bestow upon me knowledge, so that I can teach Your Deen to the people and spread goodness, O Allaah Bestow upon me a good spouse, so that I suffice myself protect from falling into haraam

This is also indicated as in the Du’aa of Musa Alyhi sallam.

Sûrat Tâ-Hâ

[Mûsâ (Moses)] said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness). "And ease my task for me;."And loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech) [That occurred as a result of a brand of fire which Mûsâ (Moses) put in his mouth when he was an infant]. (Tafsir At-Tabarî)."That they understand my speech."And appoint for me a helper from my family,"Hârûn (Aaron), my brother. "Increase my strength with him,. "And let him share my task (of conveying Allâh’s Message and Prophethood),"That we may glorify You much,. "And remember You much,"Verily You are Ever a Well-Seer of us." (Allâh) said: "You are granted your request, O Mûsâ (Moses)! (20:30/36)

What was the out come? Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) answered his request and bestowed favor upon him this is also indicated by the hadeeth of Ibn Amr (radiya Allahu 'anhuma) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) If any of you visit a sick person, then let him say “ O Allaah bestow you healing upon such and such person, so that he can stand to defeat an enemy of you or that he can be able to walks to offer salaah for you.this is reported in Abu Dawood,by Shaykh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee Rahimahullaah considerd it as Hasan.
These are the fourthin manners in dua and there is more but inshAllaah ta’aal sufficient for now.
I hope Allaah subhanwataa’ala makes it beneficial for me and for all of you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.