/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Friends

aadil77
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
:sl:
I'm living in the UK and my main friends have recently gotten into really bad habits and I know that I should stay with good company but the big problem is that these friends are all muslims and I have been avoiding them and have chosen to stay with other friends. Im really fustrated because they keep trying to convince me to go out with them on the weekends and weekdays, in other words getting involved in the same acts as them. I really don't want to go astray because of them and this is creating alot of problems because they think i've abondoned them. I pray to Allah to give me some religious friends that I can stay on the right path with. I want to get on with my life with out those guys, but they don't leave me alone. Please give me some advice ASAP

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Idris
03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Life is hard brother very hard and some ppl may look like you m8 and they are not... I think you know what to do but you just need the will power.If you want to get somewhere in this life and in the next drop your m8 and run like hell.

jzcasejz
03-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Itz Kinda The Same For Me...Ma Mates That I Knew All Me Life Are Going All Dodgy And I Don't Really Hang Around With Them Nowadays...

A Good Thing To Do, If Possible, Is That Considering You're Their Mates, That Means That You Can Openly Talk To Them About Stuff...And When The Time Is Right...You Can Give Them Da'wah :)

But For The Time Being...Don't Get Involved With Them In Their Activities...

allah-akbar
03-11-2007, 06:33 PM

to start off, i was in the same situation a year ago, where there wasn't a single word that i could agree with my friends, so what i did was, i explained to them why i am what i am, and what are my views and responsibilities to over come so that was it, now they do their own part and i do mine.

Just try to make them understand, hopefully they will if they are friends for real!

wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think i should even call them mates because theyre not the sort of friends you can actually talk to about this, they would probably laugh at this and spread rumours.

aadil77
03-11-2007, 06:42 PM
this is why im avoiding them and trying to find new true muslim friends

Kittygyal
03-11-2007, 06:44 PM
salamualikum.
^ that statment just made a smile approach on me face subhnallah :) always think postively, tis is very hard to leave yh friends which you have known for a very long time but look on the bright side there not goign to stand by you when you be judged by your lord will they be there? La'ah so might aswel make your life better by hangning around with the musk sellers. Inshallah hope it goes all well for you to find new muslim friends && whom truely you can trust inshallah there's always hope akhi, Allah subwhantalalah can ALWAYS help you if you run towards him. Never give up. remember you can do anything for your lord && on the Day Of Judgement subhnallah you will say to your self i could have done even better for my lord so make the most of your life this life is not eternal akhi.
Nowadays friends are nothing, Allah suwbahnatallah is everything for you just fear your lord, worship him alone, belive in him, remmeber him, subhnallah your life will be truly amazing you need to have the trust in Allah && leave these friends whom lead you to bad there not worth it
ma'assalama

jzcasejz
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
this is why im avoiding them and trying to find new true muslim friends
Then Yeah, That Is Probably The Best Thing To Do. :) And InshaAllah, You Will Find Some Muslim Bros That You CAN Hang Around With :D :thumbs_up

allah-akbar
03-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Brother aadil77, know that we are all with you, and plus visit the local mosque and inshallah you will get to know people that would understand you.

P.S. if they don't respect your views then forget explaining to them or even thinking about them.

aadil77
03-11-2007, 06:53 PM
thanks alot for your advice brothers and sisters, Jazakala:thumbs_up

Kittygyal
03-11-2007, 06:59 PM
salamualikum.
^ i disagree with your last statement akhi because thats so not true, if a person wants to do dawah why not goahead give it, even if they don't listen truly say it for your lord atleast Allah subwhanatallah will underatand && your doing your job, && if still they take the mick say your two cents

''Hope allah subhanwatallah lead us all to the right path, && ma'assalama''

then simple walk away && they will realise how stupid they are, acting like 'wanabe gangsta's'' get them nowhere am sure what they do they will soon realise when they get sent down then they will regret it so stay away from them do not let them interfer in your life if they ask you play with them on weekends && weekdays simply say no i don't wana then they will understand your not there mate && they will walk away because these dudes seriously need a kick up there backside && need to realise there muslims && need to remember don't mess there life up as they are doing, so i suggest you stay away from them starting from today.
it's hard i know my own friends are christains there like this i always tell them am a muslim now alhamdulillah && some of them understand most of them don't who cares if what they think about me seriously i don't i care what they think about me
i care about my deen-Al-Islam && my lord that comes first not me friends.

ma'assalama

Maimunah
03-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Allah has said "Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the Days of Allah. It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each People according to what they have earned. If any one does a righteous deed, it ensures to the benefit of his own soul; if he does evil, it works against (his own soul). In the end will ye (all) be brought back to your Lord. suraa 45

"Friends on that day will be enemy, one to another,- except the Righteous." suraa 45

"So hold thou fast to the Revelation sent down to thee; verily thou art on a Straight Way. The (Qur'an) is indeed the message, for thee and for thy people; and soon shall ye (all) be brought to account." suraa 43

Read the quraan and the hadith and reflect. may Allah help you ameen.
:w:

fakhan
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Assalamu Alakium wr wb,

I have posted an another article from Young Muslims Canada dealing with Cool or Fool? Choosing the Right Friends. This talks about any one of your friends who do good or bad in this situation. How can you know if your friend is good or bad? The answers are posted on the bottom of this message. Please read it and reply as soon as possible Insha'Allah.

http://youngmuslims.ca/publications/coolfool.asp

Sincerely,

Farzan Khan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.