/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salaam everyone!

habibti4allah7
03-12-2007, 02:58 AM
salaam my name is jasmine. i am 19 years old. i am a hispanic. im puerto rican, dominican, and ecudorian. ive been muslim for about three years now.i attend college in queens. my major is nursing. i love helping people and taking good care of them when they are sick. my aunt (who is muslim for about 10 years now) had converted me when i was 16 years old. she has always told me about the religion and how great allah is and i wanted to convert. my family are strong catholics. i never liked the muslim religion. i had been through two religions (catholic and christian)and my heart and soul was never happy. however when i became muslim, my heart and soul felt overwelmed and i felt as if i belonged to allah. my family to this day disagrees with the religion.i have been kicked out of my house alot and had been living with friends because of my religion choice. my mom has never looked at me the same and my dad disowns me. my family in general doesnt understand the religion and disagrees also. but that hasnt stop me from believeing in allah. alot of my friends has stop hanging out with me because there were embrass of me because i wear the hijab. ever since ive became muslim, my friends and family have left out of my life. then i had met another muslim and that has changed my life forever. he was a palestinian brother who lived in a very strict muslim family (oh so they say) he had told me that his family was muslim and they are very religious....well boy was he wrong. when his family found out i was a hispanic muslim, they were upset and mad because they didnt like spanish people. they had told me that i was going to take off my hijab in three months, that i am a wild women, and i only want to marry muslim men for money. omg has that hurt me! to hear muslim brothers and sisters talk like that has made me question not only their culture but the religion. they told me that they are always going to be better muslims then me because they are arabic and they were bron raised muslim. HOWEVER...none of the women were hijabs or pray five times a day. the men eat pork, drink, and go out to clubs and date...even the women. they would call me horrible names and try to convice me to take off my hijab. that experience was the worst experience of my life. it had brought tears to my eyes that muslims are like that. but i had never given up because my love for allah is the greatest. i had never llet anyone changed my view or me because i am a muslim sister who loves allah and would never give it up for no one. then when i started college.....i never knew that there are so many sister that were hispanic and that were going through the same as me. and meeting sisters who accepted me for who i was...not my race. alhamuallah it was amazing! i think this website is so wonderful and im happy to be here alhamduallah :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-12-2007, 03:13 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

format_quote Originally Posted by habibti4allah7
.... they told me that they are always going to be better muslims then me because they are arabic and they were bron raised muslim. HOWEVER...none of the women were hijabs or pray five times a day. the men eat pork, drink, and go out to clubs and date...even the women. they would call me horrible names and try to convice me to take off my hijab. that experience was the worst experience of my life. it had brought tears to my eyes that muslims are like that.

Welcome to Islam :statisfie

welcome to forum :D

sis , i m very sorry to know that how many Muslims hurt ur feelings. Pl. remember that Islam is perfect , we are not . so , pl don't let some bad Muslims make u confuse about Islam.

Ask any question about Islam :)
we will try to answer . u may visit sisters in our own forum ,too:D

see u.

Asyur an-Nagi
03-12-2007, 03:20 AM
aah...hispanic? welcome sister. have a nice and beneficial stay:)

Skillganon
03-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Assalamu alaikum sis,

Welcome to the forum sis, and enjoy your stay. don't worry about them, as anything they say is obviously ridiculous.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Imaan
03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial and enjoyable stay...ur from NY, rite?

ive been muslim for about three years now.i attend college in queens.

Qurratul Ayn
03-12-2007, 01:00 PM
:salamext:

Wow, Sister habibti4Allah7! That brought tears to my eyes I actually could feel your sorrow. Insha'Allah Ta'ala you shall stay Muslims for the rest of your life and prove others wrong also keep to the righteous path whichAllah Ta'ala has bestwoed upon you to see.

Be strong and Insha'Allah Ta'ala you shall receive a lot of help, support, love and guidance in this forum also in this life! And remeber Islam is the true religion!

P.S. WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :okay: :D

'Abd al-Baari
03-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Salams
Welcome to the forums, hope you have a good and beneficial stay and stay away from people like them there obviously onlY muslims by name. Islam isn't about race. Inshallah your iman will always stay strong.
Allah knows best

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-12-2007, 04:23 PM
:sl:

Welcome to LI :) You'll like it here Insha'Allaah, we have a strong brotherhood/sisterhood here Alhamdulillah. Welcome to the family.

learningislam
03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to the forum sis jasmine :)
May Allah swt keep you firm on islam.......

Hope you enjoy your stay here inshaAllah

SUMMAYAH
03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Salaams and welcome sister. I hope u enjoy ur stay..........

btw.......i've misplaced my specs so...........4give me.......

Kittygyal
03-12-2007, 06:38 PM
salamualikum.
^ lol more like Mr won't get you no more :X

anywho welcome ukthi can't read the writing way small && erm congrats to your reversion :)
Ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
^ lol more like Mr won't get you no more :X
Shhhhhhhhh!!! :D

habibti4allah7
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

Welcome to Islam :statisfie

welcome to forum :D

sis , i m very sorry to know that how many Muslims hurt ur feelings. Pl. remember that Islam is perfect , we are not . so , pl don't let some bad Muslims make u confuse about Islam.

Ask any question about Islam :)
we will try to answer . u may visit sisters in our own forum ,too:D

see u.

thank you for your welcome here...it made me very happy. i will make sure i judge no one especially not islam. i love islam with all my heart and it had brought me such a wonderful life. alhamduallah:statisfie thank you sister take care

habibti4allah7
03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
aah...hispanic? welcome sister. have a nice and beneficial stay:)
thank you for your welcome :statisfie

habibti4allah7
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial and enjoyable stay...ur from NY, rite?

thank you for your welcome :statisfie yes i live in new york...westchester but i attend college in queens.

habibti4allah7
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

Wow, Sister habibti4Allah7! That brought tears to my eyes I actually could feel your sorrow. Insha'Allah Ta'ala you shall stay Muslims for the rest of your life and prove others wrong also keep to the righteous path whichAllah Ta'ala has bestwoed upon you to see.

Be strong and Insha'Allah Ta'ala you shall receive a lot of help, support, love and guidance in this forum also in this life! And remeber Islam is the true religion!

P.S. WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :okay: :D
thank you so much sister for your welcome it meants alot to me :statisfie ishallah i stay muslim until the day i die sister. i proved alot of people wrong and i will continue to spread allah's word and follow the path that was given to me. i know my heart belongs to allah and i believe that he wants me to spread islam through everyone. i am sohappy that i join this forum. i think its great! getting alot of support from sisters has made me full of joy. ishallah we talk again sister take care:)

habibti4allah7
03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
Salams
Welcome to the forums, hope you have a good and beneficial stay and stay away from people like them there obviously onlY muslims by name. Islam isn't about race. Inshallah your iman will always stay strong.
Allah knows best
thank you for your welcome brother :statisfie

Samira_01
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.