/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ferald children

syilla
03-12-2007, 05:45 AM
Feral children, also known as wild children or wolf children, are children who've grown up with minimal human contact, or even none at all. They may have been raised by animals (often wolves) or somehow survived on their own. In some cases, children are confined and denied normal social interaction with other people.
Isolated children who lived in the wild on their own

Occasionally, children have survived on their on in the wild. In fact, it's quite common, but for many children, the period is very short — weeks, hours or even days. In this list are children who have somehow survived for much longer intervals.
Victor, the Wild Boy of Aveyron

The most famous case of an isolated child is Victor, the Wild Boy of Aveyron, who was first sighted in France at the end of the 18th century. Wild Peter and Memmie LeBlanc are also extremely well known.
How long did they spend alone?

We know that Victor lived in the wild for a long time, as there are several sightings of him years apart. Wild Peter probably lived in the wild for less than a year; and of Memmie LeBlanc, we know next to nothing; except that originally, she had a mystery companion.
How did they survive?

Dietary habits set isolated children entirely apart from those raised by animals. If they have to survive on their own, they generally have an entirely vegetarian diet — eating roots, leaves, berries, fruit and so on — although Memmie LeBlanc ate small frogs and fishes.

Children raised by animals, on the other hand, are used to a diet entirely consisting of raw meat, and are usually unable to eat anything else. Vegetables in particular are not popular.
Human assistance?

Some of these children, like Marcos Pantoja, wild child of the Sierra Morena, did receive a certain degree human assistance, however infrequent and unhelpful. Other children may have stolen food from human habitation from time to time.
Animal assistance?

Some of these children may have lived partly with the protection of animals such as dogs or wolves — although they were by no means raised by them. It's very difficult to establish the authenticity of most of these cases, let alone determine exactly what role animals may have played.
How did they end up in the wild?

There are several common themes. In many cases, the children ended up on their own following an act of violence that ended in the death of one or both parents: war, civil disturbance or even domestic violence. Others escaped from unpleasant step-parents, or were thrown out.

With isolated children there is also always the suspicion that their limited development is not a result of being on their own during formative years, but the reason they were thrown out by their parents in the first place. This uncertaintiy makes it difficult to use feral children as the basis of any attempt to analyse the affect of nature versus nurture.
source

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K3nt9P8XeIo

:enough!: :laugh: :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
We studied feral children some time back and some cases are truely distressing. This is the full version of the documentry on feral children: Mindshock: Feral Children

Muezzin
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I've read about these real life Mowglis and Tarzans. Very sad indeed.

Although 'The Jungle Book' and 'Tarzan' rock hard.

xx-Asha!!-xx
03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Well i think dat feral children r like dose kids who have been bought up inhumanely...m8 be wrng.....init blud?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
xx-Asha!!-xx
03-15-2007, 09:31 AM
nah just playn but thang is dere ent no1 2 help them init? n i think dat dere r all dese charities 2 help da poor but dem sad sad lil kids who dont kno NUTN about livn humanely...da normal thangs w take for granted r things dat they are unaware of...i mean start from da basics ppl like education dey dnt have it...dats proper sad blud....n i ent dat old o mature enuf to organisd enuf....gess wot, am ment 2 b doin ma courswrk r8 now its in 20mins time..hahahaha....oh well, y'all r important 2!! ayt gots 2 go...peace out!!!

xx-Asha!!-xx
03-15-2007, 09:33 AM
oh n muezzin hun, Tarzan n jungle book ent real...lol google feral children...u'll get a big shock between reality n fakeness...bye blud!! :D

Muezzin
03-15-2007, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xx-Asha!!-xx
oh n muezzin hun, Tarzan n jungle book ent real...lol google feral children...u'll get a big shock between reality n fakeness...bye blud!! :D
I know. That's why I said 'real life' Mowglis and Tarzans. The real life versions I saw in that book I read about six years ago are not a very pretty sight to say the least.

xx-Asha!!-xx
03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
ayt i get u!!! neways y u interestd in feral children?

The Ruler
03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
ayt i get u!!! neways y u interestd in feral children?
Ash its just an interesting topic!...think about it...living with the animals...becoming one...aah...my imagination runs wild.

:w:

strider
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Blud, could you type properly please because slang is well irratating innit.

Well i think dat feral children r like dose kids who have been bought up inhumanely...m8 be wrng.....init blud?
Feral children are children who have been isolated from human contact for long periods of time from an early age. They grow up to have limited knowledge of human interaction so have difficulty in getting online with humans who haven't been deprived of that care. They don't necessarily have to be raised by animals.

nah just playn but thang is dere ent no1 2 help them init?n i think dat dere r all dese charities 2 help da poor but dem sad sad lil kids who dont kno NUTN about livn humanely
There are charities and organisations solely to help feral children but it is very difficult at times to teach them even the basics as they have been deprived of it for such a long time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.