PDA

View Full Version : " the history repeat itself "

mariam.
03-13-2007, 06:25 PM
do you believe in this saying?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
As a student of history for many years I can say that I do agree with the statement. There are many cycles and deja vu decisions all throughout history. Human beings always fail to learn the important lessons.

Kittygyal
03-13-2007, 06:27 PM
salamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

well if you mean history as in ''past'' then i would personally say NO because for us muslims this life is a test && we strive for Taqwa && the history can't repeat it self unless allah subahwnatallah changes it for us in Al-Akhirah, then again i might be on wrong track here allah hu alim....... if i am forgive pelase
Ma'assalama

mohammed farah
03-13-2007, 06:30 PM
yes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shible
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
As per the resligous thought and scientific thought it differs.

Since the history can only Repeated when the Master of Time or the Creator of Time (ALLAH) wishes it

It's something like digging and placing a seed in the soil and the Creator is the one who decides whether the seed can grow or not...

But i am sure that the history has repeated itself in many way's from the day when human existed.

it is done in such a way that the new name given to it is Innovation.......

mariam.
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
when I read in the islamic history I feel that .. this statement is true
for example: before every victory there is a dark era .. full of disagreement, disunity, ignorance, leisure and wrong understand to Islam.
after that there is a new generation comes to chang every thing ..
this generation has ten characters:
Humility & Humbleness in front of Allah .. Tadaru.
Confidence in Allah.
Abandoning Disobedience.
The Honor and Might .. Ezzah.
Goodness and Perfection .. Ihsan.
Brotherhood and Purifying Hearts from Hate.
being a passive person .. Taking an action.
appreciate the time.
Seriousness.
unity.

I ask our lord to be this generation .. Ameen

Muezzin
03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
History does indeed repeat itself. I agree with Keltoi for similar reasons.

Same crap, different day, as they say...

Well, actually, they say a word worse than 'crap', but it gets censored if I try to type it.

'Abd al-Baari
03-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Salams

yes for some reasons life is one big circle, mainly in the life of politicans
they see past mistakes, criticise them and make them themselves

Allah knows best

Fishman
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
:sl:
Yes, I certainly agree with this statement, both in religious history and the secular. Look at the people of Nuh (peace be upon him), the Ad, the Egyptians and the people of Lut (peace be upon him)!
:w:

strider
03-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Yes, i believe that statement holds true.

As they say, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

iqbal_soofi
03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
do you believe in this saying?
History never repeats itself. However, there're certain incidents in history that look similar to some incidents of the past, but when you study them closely, they too differ in many ways in their actions as well as their results. You may call them coincidents. Some people try to revive the golden period of their history. History could never be repeated by revival movemnts. They can only slow down the natural process of history. The reason being that many facts are not properly reported in the golden period to make it look more golden and more beautiful. Also the negative points or the bitter facts that could undermine some specific history are not written. Moreover, history is a natural process. It always moves forward as the mankind is always making progress. The wheel of history moves only in one direction. the forward direction. The attempts to move this huge wheel backwards can only slow down the forward moving process for sometime until the end of the revival movement. The other reason for the failure of revival movemnts is that some personalties are given very high status while writing about a golden history and all the historical process is made to revolve around them. There's no doubt that some personalities play an imprtant role in leading some history, but it's always the common people who push the wheel of history. They push the wheel for their progress and prosperity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.