/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jummah

Fishman
03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
:sl:
Should I pray in this mainly white Masjid where I understand the Khutbah, but do not have any close friends there and cannot feel any improvement in my faith, or should I pray in this mainly Pakistani Masid where I cannot understand the Urdu Khutbah, but have plenty of friends who treat me like family, and where I feel my Iman increasing?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Salams

i would suggest the second mosque mainly because you said yo fell no improvement in fainth in the first mosque bro, maybe you could ask someone to translate parts of the khutbah for you

Allah knows best

ZAYD
03-13-2007, 11:03 PM
What do u mean by 'white masjid' ?

and when u say khutbah do u mean the speech which is usually given in the congregations common language, or the actual khutbah which is given immediately before salaah and a part of Jumuah?

As far as i know that must be given in Arabic, not urdu.

Fishman
03-14-2007, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZAYD
What do u mean by 'white masjid' ?

and when u say khutbah do u mean the speech which is usually given in the congregations common language, or the actual khutbah which is given immediately before salaah and a part of Jumuah?

As far as i know that must be given in Arabic, not urdu.
I mean by white masjid a masjid that is mainly attended by other white converts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
03-14-2007, 06:06 PM
theres no such thing.

Oh my days is that idea everywhere,

Well here we have the paki masjid the benny masjid the hong kongy masjid

wag'1'n?

Masjids are for everyone!

If you feel more comfortable in the other moque go to this one, as you feel an increase in imaan, you say you also have friends there, which means the brothers can translate the khutbahs or parts of it that you did not understand.

Peace! be a good Muslim baby bro :)

Fishman
03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
theres no such thing.

Oh my days is that idea everywhere,

Well here we have the paki masjid the benny masjid the hong kongy masjid

wag'1'n?

Masjids are for everyone!

If you feel more comfortable in the other moque go to this one, as you feel an increase in imaan, you say you also have friends there, which means the brothers can translate the khutbahs or parts of it that you did not understand.

Peace! be a good Muslim baby bro :)
When I say Pakistani Masjid, I don't mean one that only Pakistanis should attend, I mean one where the majority of attendants are Pakistani.

I don't think anybody would translate them for me, as most people are listening to the Khutbah at the time.

vpb
03-14-2007, 07:29 PM
bro, the purpose of Khutba is to profit from it, and btw during the khutba you cannot talk to anyone. after the khutba you can go the paki mosque and meet your friends and stay with then. Improving your faith is more important then staying with your friends. or try to make new friends on the whitemosque

P.S i'm not saying to stay away from your friends. but things have priorities.

snakelegs
03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
bro, the purpose of Khutba is to profit from it, and btw during the khutba you cannot talk to anyone. after the khutba you can go the paki mosque and meet your friends and stay with then. Improving your faith is more important then staying with your friends. or try to make new friends on the whitemosque

P.S i'm not saying to stay away from your friends. but things have priorities.
i'm a non-muslim but i would think strengthing his imaan would be more important than any specific sermon???
fishman has said before that because he is somewhat isolated from other muslims, he has problems in the imaan department.
i say go for the pakistani one!

YusufNoor
03-15-2007, 01:35 AM

Greetings little aquatic Brother!

go to the one where you understand the Kutbah. if you go early or stay late, introduce yourself to at least one Brother each week! it's your duty to greet them, so just make the rounds when you can. you might find another Brother who's been waiting to meet a new akhi!

later, you can go ask your Pakistani Brothers if their Kutbah was interesting!

[should i be wondering why you singled out the Bro's as white? have you shared your baggage, i mean background:) with the group here?]

[on a related note...i attend a mainly Somali Mussajid. after Asr today, the "guest" Imam started speaking after the prayer. the Somali Brothers were listening intently, but it wasn't the regular Somali lecture time. i often greet this particular Brother Imam who's very freindly and i didn't want to be rude even though i didn't know what he was saying so i stayed put. i got real nervous towards the end when he pointed at me! :omg: He was just telling the Brothers that we're all Brothers regardless of origin!]

[though, it would have been embarassing if i walked out now, wouldn't it? :phew ]

Stay Strong Fishman! [even when you don't feel that way cuz it's just the dunya trying to get at ya!]

north_malaysian
03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
I'll go to the mosque closer to my home/workplace.

Um_ahmad
03-15-2007, 02:04 AM
I say go to the pakistani mosque. And if you have any question you can ask your paki friends. Or you can go one week here and one week here :).

Erundur
03-15-2007, 02:15 AM
:salamext:

Its best to go to the one in which you understand the khutbah, and besides this will also give you the opportunity to meet new individuals who share your love for Allah (swt) plus you can share your revert stories with one another.

If the Khutbah is delivered in a local language of the individual who can understand it, a very useful message can be conveyed through it every Friday and it can serve as an effective medium for educating people in a wide area of Islamic teachings.

Natural
03-16-2007, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Should I pray in this mainly white Masjid where I understand the Khutbah, but do not have any close friends there and cannot feel any improvement in my faith, or should I pray in this mainly Pakistani Masid where I cannot understand the Urdu Khutbah, but have plenty of friends who treat me like family, and where I feel my Iman increasing?
I would suggest going to the masjid where you understand the khutbah and do dua for your iman to increase. You could spend time with your Pakistani friends outside of the masjid and share the msgs that you received from your respective khutbahs with each other. That would be an excellent way of bonding and increasing your iman, insha'Allah. Also, you may want to reach out to other REVERTS in the masjid--maybe they have similiar feelings of isolation.

جوري
03-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Dear bros. Fishman..
why can you not make friends at the white mosque? Maybe take one of your paki. friends from the Mosque where you do have friends-- and just introduce yourself? or ask the Imam to introduce you after the khutba as a new convert who wishes to make friends and have new contacts!..... I don't think you should be isolated and I certainly don't see anything wrong with walking up to people and introducing yourself and making and having new contacts!

just look at how many people care for you here-- I think you are a very likeable person and should have no problems making new friends while keeping old ones...

May Allah and his peace be with you!
fi aman illah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.