/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Megaprojects

Hashim_507
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Dubai Iconic Mega Projects

Dubai has long recognised that all major cities are best known for there iconic infrastructure and impressive buildings. These icons attract people, commerce and industry. As such, following the footsteps of the impressive architecture of Al Andalus, Istanbul, London and New York, Dubai has invested billions of dollars in creating the worlds premier iconic structures such as the The World Islands, The Palm Jumeirah dubbed the eight wonder of the world, and impressive Supertalls such as the soon to be tallest building and structure in the world , the Burj Dubai

http://muslimwikipedia.com/mw/index....i_Megaprojects

[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
03-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Mashallah, Jazakallah for sharing

PEACE1975
03-19-2007, 08:24 AM
I am a UAE national and i understand the Govt. policy the need to move out of the 3rd world category is a must in today’s world ... so people can call you civilized lets say for arguments sake But the point i am trying to make here today .. & a lot of you will agree & a lot will disagree ... With all this massive BOOM that is happening around the UAE, in every sector in every home, in every mind

Honestly speaking don’t you feel that the Religion, morals, culture are fading

i go to the mosque its nearly empty except on Fridays, People pass by and do not greet each other even if they know each other, Our traditional clothes have been put in a closet & locked for Good

Have we all forgotten that ONE day this will all be over in a very short time before we are questioned ???

I am not trying to preach here guys so do not get me wrong

The point i am trying to make here is .... i will start with an example

If someone told you in 30 to 40 years London city is going to lie on a bed of sand with no towers, no roads, no people ... You would think is this person out of his mind .. must be on drugs .. probably needs some professional help .. and send him away waving bye bye with a smirk on your face ..

30 to 40 years is a very short time for empires to fall or rise yet ALLAH 3azawajel has showed the world anything is possible ...

Our example .. UAE .. nothing existed from pure desert Bedouins here & they were trying to find a living & fisher men doing the same exact thing ... worshipping Allah for a better time ... our ancestors

In 30 to 40 years we have become a very well known civilized country that has its say & is scrubbed off from the third world list fa'9llan min Allah 3zawajal

Oil was pumped from the ground because of ALLAH's will .. WHY was it not discovered during the time the UAE was under UK Command?? ALLAH's Will

But what did we do in return to the al mighty who gave us all this in a period that is impossible for a humans to achieve

The last time i saw Shk. Zayed Ex President (Allah eyr7ma inshallah) personally was at a show and that was the last time i saw him & Wallah he said 3 words that i will never forget before he left and his health got worse and he passed away
Allah yer7ma wa y'3frlah inShallah

He pointed his finger to the roof saying

A3bdoo _ Worship HIM
A7madoo -Thank HIM
Ashkroo - Thank Him AGAIN

on what ALLAH has gifted us & he left

I will leave my comments at pause to this point before someone will call me an extremist ... but you guys have the brains ...... Think ... you have read the Quran ..... think ! all the stories in the Quran & what the people before us did & are we any different from them ..

So in conclusion MEGA Projects will come with a cost but a very expensive one ... May Allah protect us from Shatan & his sins

Snowflake
03-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Disgusting! Imagine if that money were given to the poor and needy. No doubt it would reduce their suffering. Don't they realise these sky scrapers will disintergrate into dust one day and the only 'buildings' that will remain are the forts of good deeds we build for ourselves. :heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
03-19-2007, 09:04 AM
:sl:

Sometimes I can't help but think Dubai is pushing it a bit too much... the word exravagent comes to mind :-\

Zulkiflim
03-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Salaam,

with the money they could have eradicated poverty and sustain the muslim world for years.

Not a single child would be hungry...

But granduers and pride comes first..

This is especially true for the Arab world.
Here in SG we are told..
WHy did ALLAH send the final Prophet to the Arabs..
Casue they are the worst of people..

Cheater,liar backstabber and idolaters...

And it seems they are reverting back to the time 0f Jahiliyah..

Strzelecki
03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
:D That's awesome.
Thanks for sharing!!

noodles
03-20-2007, 12:50 AM
You know, I've been thinking about this.

Perhaps, what we need in this present day and age is to transfer things to other places. By this I mean moving some construction projects to Africa.

Think about it. Asia is widely populated already, but where does majority of poverty take place? Africa. Ofcourse this is not to say that poverty is not present in the poorer countries of Asia, or south america or any other place. However, these people are in deperate need of our help what a better way to move a construction project there? Perhaps even one.

The result would be outstanding.

Here is how, construction projects require people with skills and knowledge to understand the procedure and process of taking on this task and most (large scale) construction projects last perhaps 4-5 years. So these workers move in and begin their construction, perhaps within those construction groups, families move in around the area. As a result, when there usually is interesting going on people want to get involved, and the people reside there, who are able to work, can do so as general labourers.

Well now that I think about it, my ideas do seem very far-fetched, however, they are quite possible if people do consider the tasks carefully.

Woodrow
03-20-2007, 01:42 AM

Dubai is fast breaking away from oil exploitation. As the city grows oil production will have to give way to real estate development. You can not have building growth and oil expansion in the same place. One will over run the other. Right now it looks like real estate is winning over oil production in Dubai.

Oil, oil wealth and an oil economy are vicious room mates for any country to depend on.

For thousands of years if not longer oil was seen as a plague that fouled the land. Ruined agriculture and was poisonous to live stock. It devalued the land and served no useful purpose.

Oil is paradoxical it depends on egocentric economies to have any value. If it where not for the Western worlds insatiable demand for plastics, artificial fabrics and the unending desire for rapid transportation the oil would have no value. It was the industrial age that gave oil a value. Without internal combustion engines Dubai would be sitting on a puddle of black, stinky, nasty smelling gunk that they could not give away. Think of what oil is, nasty dead rotten fish that died a long time ago and were graciously buried deep enough to keep from smelling up the world.

The oil age in the Mideast did not come into play until the 1960s because not that many people had any demand for oil. this temporay mad oil wealth is just that, temporary. It is just a short matter of time before the oil bubble bursts and once again there will be little demand for it.

The world is very much aware that it is essential that if we are to preserve the environment, we have to stop using oil. Fortunately, there is only a limited supply of it and that will soon be gone.

Dubai is one of the few countries that has the foresight to see that if it is going to survive this new century it has to rid it self of the curse of oil production and very rapidly develop a new basis for it's economy. From the looks of things it is aiming to become the major commerce city of the world and gather the profits that now go to NYC, Hong Kong and Singapore. However, it is making a huge sacrifice to do so. To fill all of that office space it is going to have to find a way to attract many millions of non-Arab people to Dubai. Which also means that they will soon change the face of Dubai culture and values.

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 01:51 AM
isnt this a sign of the day of judment?

The Hour will not be established—till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings.

(Bukhari)

WorThless
03-20-2007, 07:22 AM
120 Stories completed already ...!!! still a long way to go

sudais1
03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
There's a Muslim Wikipedia:? wow MashaAllah

Dubai is like a place out of this world, amazing

Woodrow
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM

Dubai seems to be paying a high price for it's growth. As of 2005 only 15% of the population is Dubai citizens. The remaining 85% of the population is non-citizen immigrants. Of the Immigrants at least 45% are non-Muslim.

2005 statistics show that the population of UAE has gone up many folds.This has caused significant demographic shift.US State Department calculates the total population 4.32 million.85% of population is made up of immigrants while natives count for remaining 15%.Indians form the single largest expatriate ethnic group.Nearly all citizens are Muslims, approximately 85 percent of whom are Sunni and the remaining 15 percent areShi'a. Local observers estimate that approximately 55 percent of the foreign population is Muslim, 25 p ercent is Hindu, 10 percent is Christian, 5 percent is Buddhist, and 5 percent (most of whom reside in Dubai and Abu Dhabi) belongs to other religions, including Parsi, Baha'i, and Sikh.[3] In late 2001, the Ministry of Planning inquired about religious affiliation in its first federal census. According to a Ministry report compiled in 2003 using data collected during the census, 76 percent of the total population is Muslim, 9 percent is Christian, and 15 percent is "other."
Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/demogra...-arab-emirates

It seems that if the trend continues that Dubai will soon have more non-Muslim residents than Muslim residents although the percentage of Citizens will most likely stay at 76% Muslim.

Dubai, is showing "progress" but what is the price?

Mawaddah
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
^ I know of that well as I have a friend (American) who is there. But just wondering also, what language do the majority speak? English or Arabic?

Woodrow
03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ I know of that well as I have a friend (American) who is there. But just wondering also, what language do the majority speak? English or Arabic?
Since the largest single Ethnic group is now Hindu and from India I would suspect that one of the Indian languages is fast becoming dominant. The Arabic population is now a small minority in the country even if they make up the majority of the "Legal" citizens. I would say Arabic is going to fall into the background. English may become the dominate language as many of the Indian immigrants probably speak English.

Something is wrong with a picture when you have a country with a population of 4.2 million people and over 3.7 million are not citizens. Matter of time before the immigrants will demand the same rights as the citizens.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.