/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Something that made you feel proud of yourself?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-14-2007, 11:50 PM
When was that last time you felt proud of yourself?? perhaps something you achived or something you other might consider as minor but it feel proud.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
allah-akbar
03-14-2007, 11:54 PM
honestly, i can't remember very well but there are sure two times i feel proud, first when ever i get above 90% on my tests :D and secondly when ever my mother say something good about me or dua for me!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Umm, when I started to learn about Islam more and took on the Hijab about a yr or more ago, Alhumdulillah :statisfie.

strider
03-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Last time i felt proud of myself was in my last biology lesson. I actually managed to go through a whole practical without anything going haywire! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Speaking of practical, i got a bio one tomorrow as well ;D

snakelegs
03-15-2007, 12:17 AM
when i finally quit smoking after 25 years! that was soooo cool. hard to beat that one.

iqbal_soofi
03-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I felt proud of myself when I heard for the first time, "Oh, that was great !!!"

vpb
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
when I started practising Islam. i've never felt more proud than that. elhamdulilah

Strzelecki
03-15-2007, 08:34 AM
B+ on my English speech. *squee*!

Muezzin
03-15-2007, 09:09 AM
When I got out of bed.

SirZubair
03-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Proud of the fact that i spoke to my wife for only 30mins on the phone today instead of the 1 hour we usually speak. I saved alot of money.. :D

But now i won't be able to go to sleep properly.. :enough!:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
When I got out of bed.
lol congratulations bro, im proud of you too :).

i felt proud for getting to work ontime to day, meh :D

Maarya
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
last time i was proud would have to be last week when i had parents evening and i got a really good report and my mummy n daddy were proud of me (they always are lol :p)

The Ruler
03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
:sl:

hmm...regarding pride, i remember a hadith that i once read regarding the prohibition of priding oneself :hmm:...it was somwthing like a person will not enter the garden if he/she has an atom's weight of pride in them.

can someone please explain that hadith^...if this is off-topic, please forgive me.

:w:

SirZubair
03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

hmm...regarding pride, i remember a hadith that i once read regarding the prohibition of priding oneself :hmm:...it was somwthing like a person will not enter the garden if he/she has an atom's weight of pride in them.

can someone please explain that hadith^...if this is off-topic, please forgive me.

Thats "im better than you..." "i won't let my daughter marry you, she went to a Private School.." "my house is bigger than your house.." pride.

This is "i've done such a good thing, i am proud of myself" pride.

Big Difference :)

E'jaazi
03-15-2007, 09:56 AM
The Last time I passed a test (I won't say what kind) that I had to take in front of a lot of people and every told me afterwards how good it was. That made me feel good - Mashallah!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 09:57 AM
kibr is a different thing sis, to be honest what we're talking about is when we last felt that self-satisfaction but of course we realise that all success is from Allah alone.

wa maa tawfeeqi Illah Billah :)

muslimah_786
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
last thing that made me feel proud was my AS resits, in june i got 4 U's, and i did resits in january, and i gt my results last thurs and i got 2 A's and 2 B''s MASHALLAH, my parents and every1 else were very very proud!! and me 2!! :statisfie

cute123
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Thats "im better than you..." "i won't let my daughter marry you, she went to a Private School.." "my house is bigger than your house.." pride.

This is "i've done such a good thing, i am proud of myself" pride.

Big Difference :)
Very true, by pride shaitan succeeds in placing ourself more higher than others and we start degrading others , may be just anyone, but the fact is , everything comes from Allah Tallah, every success every thing acquired whats over . Nothing happens without HIS will .Well this particular thing also creates differences amongst all .
May Allah save us from this,

Hashim_507
03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I never missed single prayer out of five daily prayer; also i pray on time. It was not easy for me to achieve that goal since i am so busy; alhamdullilah i accomplished it.

Helena
03-15-2007, 11:54 AM
interesting topic..makes u think..and reflect wot u've been thru and feel something special about urself....

trying to read the quran every prayer inshAllah and thinking/focusing on Allah(swt) during prayer and feeling the love for him!

secondly wud be...cleaning the house completing all chores that my mum goes thru before she comes home from work....simply putting a smile on her face!!

holding her hand tightly when ever we go out.....as am not embarrassed of it!

taking my lil brother out and about, such as treating him, buying stuff.....or making food for him before i leave to uni..as he comes from school at lunch for home!

thanking Allah(swt) wot i have and am proud of it..alhamdulilah...

YusufNoor
03-15-2007, 12:10 PM

here's a few...

the 1st time i completed the Qur'an

the 2nd time i completed the Qur'an

ANY DAY that i make it to the Masjid ON TIME for all 5 Prayers. in Umerikkka, that can be difficult!

any time that i drop someone off[non-Muslim] and after telling them some stories about the Qur'an or Seerah they leave saying "That's soo cool! i hope i get you for a driver again so i can hear some more!"

completing my first Ramadan w/o breaking a fast. THAT was rough! [and yet, missing it as soon as it was over!]

jzcasejz
03-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I Was Just Droppin Ma Mate Off Home When This Kiddo Cudnt Find Hiz Way To The Train Station After He Finished Footy Training. I Just Gave Him Directions And He Began Making His Way...But Like 2 Minz Later, It Felt Wierd Koz It Was Late, Dark And He Most Probably Wudnt Find His Way...

So I Just Told Me Mate To Go Off Alone, Turned Back And Just Showed The Kid The Way To The Station...:thumbs_up :D!

iqbal_soofi
03-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I bought a Pizza for my wife.

That's the best deal I ever made. I feel proud after that. Before that only she was proud.

shible
03-15-2007, 01:19 PM

Too many incidents so can't remember

well here's a few.

1. When i successfully took my first Seminar in Acedamics. I was able to gain the attention of the whole class and was also able to overcome my stage Fear

2. When i was able to clear the Group Discussion for the first company i faced and the staff of the company congrajulated me though i didn't get the job.

3. When a friend of mine holded head high and said that " I have learned many things from you"

4. When i Cleared 9/11 Exam papers in a single attempt and Few weeks before that result i was thinking of quitting my Acedamics (Since we were under new University Syllabus which was of Very high standards. namely the Anna University)

5. When a Junior of mine identified my as a proper guy to get guidance from for any subject

6. When my sister started to trust me to be a wellwisher and a good brother and started to ask my opinoin on her issues

Re.TiReD
03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_786
last thing that made me feel proud was my AS resits, in june i got 4 U's, and i did resits in january, and i gt my results last thurs and i got 2 A's and 2 B''s MASHALLAH, my parents and every1 else were very very proud!! and me 2!! :statisfie
LOL!! yeah that's what first came to my mind too :D ma AS resits..in ma actual AS I got a 'U' in one of ma psych modules and this tym I were 2 marks away from an 'A' (Darn!) and in Eng I got a 'C' an this tym i gotta 'A'..... :)

other than that.....erm...lemme think.........I feel proud of maself when I dont use all of me free text messages in one go!! man that takes alotta hard work! rofl... :D and oh yeah..bein chosen for Head Girl (even tho all I do as head Girl is play hangman in the board when tutor goz outta class for a bitsy) heehee :) :X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.