/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab or football ? live talk with 1 yrs old Canadian girl

Muslim Woman
03-15-2007, 02:15 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

Guest CV

Asmahan Mansour, also known as “Azzy”, 11-year old, is a Canadian Muslim girl who was ejected from a soccer tournament in Laval near Montreal, for refusing to take off her hijab. The story triggered a nationwide and international reaction, some denouncing the referee’s ruling while others claimed the hijab breaks a safety rule determined by the international governing body of soccer FIFA.

The issue is still burning as the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-CAN) threatened to take the case to human rights court should the FIFA fails to take a clear stance on wearing hijab.

Islamonline will be interviewing Asmahan, along with her father Youssef and mother Maria, on Thursday at 23:00 GMT, and you are invited to submit your questions ahead of time by clicking here:

http://www.islamonline.net/livedialo...ish/select.asp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-25-2007, 01:38 AM

Salaam/peace ,

Name Jemal - Ethiopia

Profession Engineer

Question Asselam A.W.W Muslimah sister ,

Alhamdulillah, this is GREAT !! Every body should know the Truth!!
You win 1 : 0.

( you have saved your Dinn)

Q1. how many Muslim sisters are there in the team? , do they wear hijab?

Q2.what is the current situation in the Quebec federation & FIFA regarding the decision of your issue ?

Jezakillah Khairen !

May Allah give you `Istiqama` & increase your Iman as well.

Answer Asmahan replies:

There are no other Muslim girls in the team. I am the only Muslim girl and I wear hijab.

Maria Mansour (Mother) adds:

Unfortunately, nothing has changed. The rule is still there, however we hope some day soon it will be removed.

Name Hanady - Canada

Question Do you find the hijab inconvenient when playing soccer, especially when you are running and in Summer time?

Answer

Asmahan replies:

No, you I don’t find it inconvenient at all. It does not stop me from doing anything. It even helps me because it keeps my hair together. I find myself active and nothing is strange because of my hijab.

Name Tallulah Bankhead - Hawaii
Profession
Question Dear Az, what was the reaction from the other girls on your team? Did they support you? What did their moms and dads do?
Answer Asmahan replies:
Yes, they supported me during the whole thing. Their parents also supported me strongly and they were very upset about what happened to me.

Maria Mansour (Mother) adds:
The second the coach began to step in to talk to the referee and his decision to walk off the field, along with her team mates, this is the support that gave Asmahan the confidence to feel that it was not her fault. Afterwards, all the parents in the club had given the support to Asmahan and told her how they were very proud of her.

pl.visit link to read other answers.

- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 03:07 PM
:salamext:

Alhamdulillah that's good news :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.