/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Finally, 9/11 suspect 'admits guilt'

guyabano
03-15-2007, 10:50 AM
The alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks has admitted his role in them, and 30 other plots in a hearing at Guantanamo Bay, the Pentagon says.

"I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z," said Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a partial transcript from a closed-door hearing.

He also said he had planned attacks on Big Ben and Heathrow airport in London.

The hearing was held to determine whether he was an "enemy combatant", which could lead to a military trial.

Any criminal charges that are brought could eventually lead to a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

"I was the operational director for Sheikh Osama Bin Laden for the organising, planning, follow-up and execution of the 9/11 operation," Mr Mohammed told the hearing, in a statement read by a representative.

According to the partial transcripts, he also admitted responsibility for a series of attacks, including the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, the bombing of nightclubs in Bali in 2002 and a Kenyan hotel in the same year.

He claimed responsibility for the failed attempt by the so-called shoe bomber, Richard Reid, to bring down an American plane.

He also listed a string of plots that never came to fruition, including plans to attack Heathrow Airport, Canary Wharf and Big Ben in London, to hit targets in Israel, and to blow up the Panama Canal.

There was a follow-up project to the 11 September attacks, which involved hitting towers in the US cities of Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago and the Empire State Building in New York, and to attack US nuclear power stations.

He also claimed to be behind plots to assassinate the late Pope John Paul II and former US President Bill Clinton, the transcript said.

He mentioned the killing in Pakistan of kidnapped US journalist Daniel Pearl - which he has been accused of carrying out personally - but it is not clear whether he was admitting responsibility.

According to the Associated Press news agency, Mr Mohammed confessed to the beheading in a blacked-out section of the transcript.

'Don't like to kill kids'

Mr Mohammed seemed to express some regret over the deaths on 11 September, 2001.

"When I said I'm not happy that 3,000 been killed in America, I feel sorry even. I don't like to kill children and the kids," he said, according to the transcript.

Transcripts of his testimony were translated from Arabic and edited by the US defence department to remove sensitive intelligence material before release.

It appeared, from a judge's question, that Mr Mohammed had made allegations of torture in US custody.

However, when asked whether his statement was produced under duress, he said it was not.

Mr Mohammed is the most high-profile of 14 "high value" detainees transferred in September from secret CIA prisons abroad to the Guantanamo Bay camp.

Some of the 14 have now appeared in the closed-door hearings, which began over the weekend. Others have refused to take part in the process.

Transcripts have also been released for hearings concerning senior al-Qaeda suspects Abu Faraj al-Libbi and Ramzi Binalshibh, though they both refused to take part in the proceedings.

'Boastful' nature

It is the first time Mr Mohammed has faced a court since his capture in March 2003 in Pakistan.

The US hearings have been widely criticised by lawyers and human rights groups as sham tribunals, with no chance for the defendants to get a fair trial.

Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, said there was no way of knowing whether the confession was the result of torture.

"We need to know if this purported confession would be enough to convict him at a fair trial," he said.

Mr Mohammed, a Pakistan national, was said to be the third most senior al-Qaeda leader before his capture.

He has long been seen as the mastermind of the 9/11 plot, the man who went to Osama Bin Laden and suggested the idea of flying planes into buildings.

But his confession of involvement in a wide range of ambitious plots reflects his boastful nature and a desire to portray himself as a terrorist mastermind, says the BBC's security correspondent Gordon Corera.

And while he has admitted his role in such attacks before, the significance of the transcript lies in the fact that he made the statements at the hearing, which could now lead to a trial before a military tribunal, our correspondent says.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Do yall think he is really telling the truth???

KAding
03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
You can read the full released transcript here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...transcript.pdf

Quite an interesting read, I recommend it to anyone! It start getting interesting at around page 5-6. He seems sincere enough.

H4RUN
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
:sl:

From what i've heard theres a heck of a lot of 'master minds' behind 9/11, so erm they should say they were a master mind, but just not the master mind behind it, nor was the other guy, or the other one, we had to combine their brains to get a master mind, erm yeah thats it...

So ffrom my point of view they must have kicked the 7 shades out of him ,and hence making him say he was behind it all *rolls eyes* just so that he would be free...for a while that is..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 04:28 PM
whatever

strider
03-15-2007, 04:32 PM
The confession could be genuine or it could be fabricated. Being tortured for months on end is enough to drive many people to give in and if by taking responsibility even if you hadn't done anything might be worth wanting the pain to stop then it's tempting. Other psychological factors such as false memory syndrome could also have played a role.

tomtomsmom
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I just find it hard to believe that after all this time he decides to confess now.....

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I just find it hard to believe that after all this time he decides to confess now.....
thank you

smells a bit fishy dont it

H4RUN
03-15-2007, 04:39 PM
:sl:

Theres a limit of torture that one can take, no matter how strong you are, if they cant beat you physically they'll get you mentally and vice versa, so i do believe that he just gave up. Theres alot that can happen behind closd doors that we have no idea about, therefore, mastermind behind 9/11...i beg to differ:)

:w:

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm sure Khalid Sheikh Mohammed wouldn't hurt a fly.

Mawaddah
03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
*sigh*

Another victim of U.S. bullies

tomtomsmom
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
thank you

smells a bit fishy dont it
yes, yes it does. They have had him since 2003. Who knows what he had to endure. It just seems a bit off to me that he suddenly confesses to all of these horrible things while Bush's approval rating is at an all time low. I don't understand what purpose it would serve for him to confess. Surely he knows that confessing to such crimes puts one foot into the death chamber.....

H4RUN
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Im sure George Bush wouldn't hurt a fly aswel, what a saint he is:rollseyes

strider
03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't. But given the circumstances in which he gave his confession its credibility maybe compromised.

IbnAbdulHakim
you get me :p ;) ({) ;) :D

strider
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Im sure George Bush wouldn't hurt a fly aswel, what a saint he is
This isn't about Bush.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
This isn't about Bush.
bush runs guantanamo, therefore he may be mentioned

strider
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
bush runs guantanamo, therefore he may be mentioned
Even so, this topic isn't about Bush.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Even so, this topic isn't about Bush.
ok ..

Zulkiflim
03-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Salaam,

Wow,a confession under torture and duress..

Would anyone accept it?

Why is the US trying desperatly trying to prove Al Qaeda did plan 9/11...simple..

Liars knows best...

MTAFFI
03-15-2007, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim

Liars knows best...
i guess you would know, huh?

Please explain then if he was fabricating this, why would he have said he was in the video holding the head of the journalist that he beheaded? Also why wouldnt he just confess to crimes he committed, rather than admitting to things he planned but could not execute? Do you think he is a good man? Do you think he should be free? If he were an american and these crimes were committed against Arab or Muslim countries, then how would you say he should be dealt with?

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Why is the US trying desperatly trying to prove Al Qaeda did plan 9/11
Desperately trying? It has been proven beyond doubt. At least on doubt for the open minded people with at least average intelligence. :?

Keltoi
03-15-2007, 05:58 PM
From what I remember, KSM broke under a rather benign kind of torture...playing the Red Hot Chili Peppers at maximum volume night and day. I would assume he is just now "confessing" because he hasn't been in a court of law until now. He confessed quite a long time ago to the military.

Twotribes
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
The reality is that there is no real torture at Gitmo.

As for Al Queda, Osama Bin Laden has admitted his organization conducted the terrorist attack on 9/11/2001. The official policy of the US Government is that terrorist organizations and members of said will be hunted down, captured and prosecuted or killed. There is no policy of the United States that singles out any religion as being responsible for terrorism. The US is very careful to make that point.

mohammed farah
03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
i think they tortued him to the point were he would admit to an act he didnt commit

strider
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
i think they tortued him to the point were he would admit to an act he didnt commit
How do you know he isn't guilty?

mohammed farah
03-15-2007, 06:51 PM

i said i think, i didnt say i know

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
make 70 excuses for your muslim brother/sister until 100% completely proven guilty.

All we know so far is his been tortured to the point where he decided to "confess".

I wish you would think twice before some of your posts, they are ....

jzcasejz
03-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I Agree With Ya...No One Can Magically Know The Answer...

Maybe He Is Telling Da Truth, We Won't Ever Know. And A Point To Add Would Be That You Can Almost Get A Person To Admit To Anything, Regardless If He Done It Or Not, Under Torture - Due To Their Traumatised Mental State. I AIN'T IMPLYING ANYTHING! :rollseyes

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST!

don532
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
If he were truly being tortured, it wouldn't have taken this long to extract a false confession. I'm sure his treatment isn't like being in a country club, but I'm also sure his treatment is much better than anything he would have dished out to any American in his care.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
I Agree With Ya...No One Can Magically Know The Answer...

Maybe He Is Telling Da Truth, We Won't Ever Know. And A Point To Add Would Be That You Can Almost Get A Person To Admit To Anything, Regardless If He Done It Or Not, Under Torture - Due To Their Traumatised Mental State. I AIN'T IMPLYING ANYTHING! :rollseyes
ye but i am, the bro probably said it under pressure, no wait, UNDER PAIN!

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Twotribes
The reality is that there is no real torture at Gitmo.
You have to be joking. We (the US) have proved we torture.

don532
If he were truly being tortured
Denial of the obvious only makes us look stupid. :?

don532
03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Twotribes
You have to be joking. We (the US) have proved we torture.

don532

Denial of the obvious only makes us look stupid. :?
Really. Like the fraternity house pranks documented at Abu Grahib?
How about a source to prove we torture?
Here's a link to some US interrogation techniques.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Jun9.html
That's not torture. Torture is what was done to our men held captive in North Vietnam. Torture is what Saddam did to his political prisoners. The kind of pain inflicted by real torture methods break men much quicker than the time this guy has been at Gitmo.

Zulkiflim
03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by don532
Really. Like the fraternity house pranks documented at Abu Grahib?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Jun9.html
That's not torture. Torture is what was done to our men held captive in North Vietnam. Torture is what Saddam did to his political prisoners. The kind of pain inflicted by real torture methods break men much quicker than the time this guy has been at Gitmo.

Salaam,

May i ask you a question..

Saddam killed 100 000 Iraqis
United States invasion has killed 99 999 Iraqis.

So by your defnition United States did not kill...

And US interrogation techniques are well know and documented,,,every seen Abu Ghraib photos.??

And of course the United States denial of torture is constant,they do not torture..

they just send these prisoner to toher countries where TORTURE IS LEGALISED for US economic aid.
And so with a smile the United States can WE DO NOT TORTURE..

don532
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Yes I have seen Abu Grahib photos and my post has nothing to do with the number of Iraqis killed by US vs Saddam.

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Like the fraternity house pranks documented at Abu Grahib?
Fraternity house pranks? You obviously have little understanding of torture.
You have seen a lot of proof. Why would I spend any time showing you what you have already seen and have chosen to deny?
So, often there is a great gap in what we say and what we do.
Torture is what was done to our men held captive in North Vietnam. Torture is what Saddam did to his political prisoners. The kind of pain inflicted by real torture methods break men much quicker than the time this guy has been at Gitmo.
John McCain said it best. “This isn’t about them, this is about us.
Just because I feel shame for what we have done, I'm not going to deney it.

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 07:43 PM
what a joke, only a fool will believe such nonsense, there is NO EVIDENCE ANY OF THIS HAPPENED, thsi man didnt have a fair trial, no one know what goes on there, and suddenly you get supposed confessions that he did everything? i mean how stupid have some ppl become that they will believe anything, perhaps if the transcripts said he killed santa clause you would believe that too right? anyone can easily just make this up and say he said it, at the end of the day no journalist or lawyer is gonna be allowed to speak to this man, so this is all a joke and the only ppl who will believe this are the desperate ones who wanna do all they can to back up their story of what happened on sep 11 which doesnt even add up. what a joke.

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
what a joke, only a fool will believe such nonsense, there is NO EVIDENCE ANY OF THIS HAPPENED, thsi man didnt have a fair trial, no one know what goes on there, and suddenly you get supposed confessions that he did everything? i mean how stupid have some ppl become that they will believe anything, perhaps if the transcripts said he killed santa clause you would believe that too right? anyone can easily just make this up and say he said it, at the end of the day no journalist or lawyer is gonna be allowed to speak to this man, so this is all a joke and the only ppl who will believe this are the desperate ones who wanna do all they can to back up their story of what happened on sep 11 which doesnt even add up. what a joke.
don532,
See this is the same kind of blinded denial that you are doing.

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 07:49 PM
also how can KSM have been the mastermind behind the first world trade centre bombings WHEN THE ORIGINAL COURT HEARING DOCUMENTS SHOW THAT THE FBI PROVIDED THE BOMBS AND THAT THE HEAD OF THE FBI IN NYC MADE SURE THE ATTACK GOES AHEAD AS PLANNED, can someone answer that? and this was recorded to, the fbi on tape saying teh bombings should go ahead!!!!!!!!! the bomber recorded it because he was askign himself what the heck is going on, why are they giving me the bombs and wanting this to happen! this was PLAYED IN COURT and the court documents are availible. go do your homework ppl.

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
im in denial? excuse me? have YOU BROUGHT ANY EVIDENCE? all you have is a SUPPOSED transcript from a man held in a secret prison which tortures, and which doesnt allow inmates an open trial or a lawyer! this is your evidence? plzzzzzzzzz be serious instead of getting me such rubbish and then saying i am in denial, you have nothing to claim that i am in denial.

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 07:55 PM
im in denial? excuse me? have YOU BROUGHT ANY EVIDENCE? all you have is a SUPPOSED transcript from a man held in a secret prison which tortures, and which doesnt allow inmates an open trial or a lawyer! this is your evidence? plzzzzzzzzz be serious instead of getting me such rubbish and then saying i am in denial, you have nothing to claim that i am in denial.
Any person of average intelligence and an open mind can see that you have provided all the proof I need.

You are just on another one of your rants to justify your hatred.

vpb
03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Finally, 0.81818181818181818181818181818182 suspect 'admits guilt'

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
rants? what rants, i ask for proof and this is your response? how typical thanks for proving you have nothing but nothing, oh im sorry your proof are transcripts which can never be proven! wowwwwwwwww im sorry man you are so smart really i am sorry i should have never spoken against such amazing facts!

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 07:59 PM
your just a sad atheist infidel who wants to blame muslims to justify your wars and hatred against them, so offcourse you dont like it when i a muslim speaks against you lies which your goverment makes, i know it hurts, but hey muslims can speak up to you know? or im sorry you may think you can just make up all kinds of things on muslims and we should lay down and accept it right? WRONG that will never happen so get over yourself and your made up nonsense facts.

tomtomsmom
03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Yall need to take a chill pill or something. As if sitting here fighting is gonna help.......

IbnAbdulHakim
03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Yall need to take a chill pill or something. As if sitting here fighting is gonna help.......
good advice.

i was going to say more but your advice stopped me.

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 08:16 PM
if an american got arrested in arabia after an attack on arabs, and a confession came out of the alleged man saying he did and all, and this guy didnt have an open trial, with a real lawyer, and had no insepctions to see if he was okay and being treated fairly would you westerners buy it? dont lie now, NO YOU WOULDNT, so how come you believe it when the oppisite is done and its an arab man in american jails, or are you trying to tell us that your better than us? and that we can always trust you and that ur always fair and we shouldnt think your goverment would ever lie etc, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Sami Zaatari
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
i rest my case with my final comment, thank you very much *bows*

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
your just a sad atheist infidel who wants to blame muslims to justify your wars and hatred against them, so offcourse you dont like it when i a muslim speaks against you lies which your goverment makes, i know it hurts, but hey muslims can speak up to you know? or im sorry you may think you can just make up all kinds of things on muslims and we should lay down and accept it right? WRONG that will never happen so get over yourself and your made up nonsense facts.
Atheist? You can't read can you?
Infidel? Yes and proud of it.
Want to blaim Muslims? Gee, I guess you didn't see where I snipped at thoes that deney toture.
But when you hate like you do, all you can see is hate.

Keltoi
03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
KSM knows he will never see freedom again, so probably "confessed" to a few crimes and plots that he had no part of. It will be the job of the prosecution to weed through KSM's boastful lies and charge him with crimes that can actually be proven.

don532
03-15-2007, 08:40 PM
if an american got arrested in arabia after an attack on arabs, and a confession came out of the alleged man saying he did and all, and this guy didnt have an open trial, with a real lawyer, and had no insepctions to see if he was okay and being treated fairly would you westerners buy it? dont lie now, NO YOU WOULDNT, so how come you believe it when the oppisite is done and its an arab man in american jails, or are you trying to tell us that your better than us? and that we can always trust you and that ur always fair and we shouldnt think your goverment would ever lie etc, hmmmmmmmmmm.
If an American was part of an attack on Arabs in Saudi Arabia and he was arrested in Saudi Arabia, I would say he gets what the judicial system of Saudi Arabia gives him....be it torture, jail, hanging whatever. The same as if an American is caught smuggling drugs into Arabia. That American is subject to the laws of the land where he/she committed the offense.

I do not believe the people in the US are better than all Arabs, anymore than I believe all Arabs are terrorists.

don532
03-15-2007, 08:49 PM
your just a sad atheist infidel who wants to blame muslims to justify your wars and hatred against them, so offcourse you dont like it when i a muslim speaks against you lies which your goverment makes, i know it hurts, but hey muslims can speak up to you know?
Ouch. Please.
Okay. Let's assume the US government tortured him. Believe what you want. This has taken an ugly turn. This issue about 9/11 and the perpetrators is not about blaming Muslims. This is about terror. This is about an attack on the US and the killing of innocents which included many non US citizens.

guyabano
03-15-2007, 09:40 PM
make 70 excuses for your muslim brother/sister until 100% completely proven guilty.

All we know so far is his been tortured to the point where he decided to "confess".
All WE know so far? Who is WE? You and an bunch of other this-is-again-a-conspiracy-believers ?

chacha_jalebi
03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
whateva man
december 11:p was a inside job and we all know it :D watch the loose change documentary, its not made by non muslims, before anyone thinks its biased! gay bush, is a liar and inshallah soon Allah (swt) will sort him out!!

btw i love britain and america :D woo hoo :p

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Loose change documentary
Is nothing but another Conspiracy Theory. :raging: :?

If you believe that, I have a bridge I would like to sell you. :D

don532
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Will at least wilberhum and I agree on that.

chacha_jalebi
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM

so you really believe a man in a cave, is posed to command and plan all this and you believe that a passport survived the crash but no human did :p if you do then i have 4 bridges & a island to sell you

oooo oooo ooo brap brap :shade:

Maidah
03-15-2007, 10:04 PM
why does it make such a big difference if he has confessed now or if he is guilty or not? What is the most they can do to him, hang him or make him go through a lifelong misery and humiliation and then execute him? Makes no difference at all because that is probably nothing compared to what he has already been going through under US custody. It should not be like a breaking news because several ppl like Khalid have been blamed continously since 9/11. It's not like he has got anything better to do so he might have thought why not just confess.

It's not like his confession is going to take away any stigma that has been put on many muslims brothers around the world, or undoe the wrong and the suffering that has been caused to the muslims around the globe using 9/11 as an alibi. It's just an act of the US to clear everything out and allow no gaps in its explanation for all what US is doing around the world, and make everything look like it's in its place.:blind:

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
so you really believe a man in a cave, is posed to command and plan all this and you believe that a passport survived the crash but no human did :p if you do then i have 4 bridges & a island to sell you

oooo oooo ooo brap brap :shade:
You are the one buying that junk. Really sad.

You are a product of "Self Imposed Ignorance". :-[

Now can we get back to a debate that has some indications of intelligence? :?

AmarFaisal
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
May be KSM is responsible or one of the members..
but 9/11 ain't the work of a single man..not even a single group...
hw could Teleban alone..half way around the world from US have planned all this and done it so successfully without the envolvment of any US citizens?

It takes only common sense to understand that noone can cause any harm inside ur home unless a person from ur home is ready to harm u/co-operate.

There r many Americans involved too but none is going to be hanged..but only MUSLIMS!

don532
03-15-2007, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
hw could Teleban alone..half way around the world from US have planned all this and done it so successfully without the envolvment of any US citizens?

It takes only common sense to understand that noone can cause any harm inside ur home unless a person from ur home is ready to harm u/co-operate.

There r many Americans involved too but none is going to be hanged..but only MUSLIMS!
The known information on the movements of the hijackers is pretty clear where they came from and what they did. It's even been televised in the US. In America, we have freedom. A person can come into this country, blend in, and with some financial backing carry out an act of terrorism. And the financial backing from the man in the cave is large. You don't need an American citizen to help with anything.
This is not about persecuting Muslims. It's about fighting terror. If any American helped them, they should be found out and prosecuted also. What is the American was also a Muslim? Would you think that justice, or just more persecution?

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 10:23 PM

I think it has been well summed up.
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
And I might add always blame the Kafir. If there is no evidence, make some up.

chacha_jalebi
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
You are the one buying that junk. Really sad.

You are a product of "Self Imposed Ignorance". :-[

Now can we get back to a debate that has some indications of intelligence? :?
i beg your pardon :D :p

your ignorant, for believing because you know its true, how can a man in a cave plan all that :p whoever believes that is just dumb :p

and a debate of intelligence? hah, look whos talking, brap brap :p now run along and watch the news :p

AmarFaisal
03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
This is not about persecuting Muslims. It's about fighting terror.

It's easy for u to say that..
but when muslims r being killed all around us and we can clearly reckon that majority of the dead muslims are innocent people(I am counting the civilians killed in the war against Iraq and Afghanistan) , u can't convince any Muslim this ain't abt religion!

wilberhum
03-15-2007, 10:29 PM

but when muslims r being killed all around us and we can clearly reckon that majority of the dead muslims are innocent people(I am counting the civilians killed in the war against Iraq and Afghanistan) , u can't convince any Muslim this ain't abt religion!
It is a war against Islam to the same extent that Islam is at war with the US.

don532
03-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Greetings. Please consider this. Sure it's about religion in those places....to the terrorists, not the US. The US didn't go into either of those places because they are Muslim countries. I'm sure there must be some innocents killed by the US. It's a war. That happens. However, the US did not start the Muslim on Muslim violence we have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

When the US and the coalition kicked Saddam out of Kuwait, that was a war against Islam, too?
When Al Qaeda in Iraq sends a car bomb into a crowded market in Baghdad, it's really a US conspirator?
When a Sunni squad kills some Shiites and plant an IED in a dead body, that was really the work of the US?
When the US military is working to rebuild buildings, restore water, build power plants, etc., it's all really not happening?
The children from Iraq and Afghanistan that are brought to the US for medical treatment they cannot get in their countries(like Qudrat Ullah)...that's really a lie?
My neighbor that was a soldier in Iraq and came back with the ID documents of Iranian men involved in the fighting....he was really a liar?
The bombing of the embassy in Beirut in 1983 was an inside job, as was the first word trade center bombing and the coordinated embassy bombings in Africa?
We are not out to kill Muslims because they are Muslims. If that were true, the Muslims in the US would be in danger. The US went into Iraq to overthrow a tyrant. The US went into Afghanistan to pursue Al Qaeda. We are not strapping explosive belts onto ourselves and blowing up Muslims because they are of a certain sect we disagree with.

KAding
03-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Did anyone read the actual transcript? He sounds very plausible and sincere. He explains why they attacked the US, why they are at war with the US. I think there are few Muslims on this board who would disagree with his reasoning. In fact, I think he sounds rather likable in the transcript. He accepts he is an enemy combatant, but says he does not believe many others in Guantanamo are. He pleads the court president to be release on them and treat them well.

I'll post the link again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...transcript.pdf

don532
03-16-2007, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Did anyone read the actual transcript? He sounds very plausible and sincere. He explains why they attacked the US, why they are at war with the US. I think there are few Muslims on this board who would disagree with his reasoning. In fact, I think he sounds rather likable in the transcript. He accepts he is an enemy combatant, but says he does not believe many others in Guantanamo are. He pleads the court president to be release on them and treat them well.

Thank you for posting that link.
Very interesting, especially on the next to the last page where he accuses the US of starting world wars one and two. I wonder how he can think that. Were his lessons in school that bad?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-16-2007, 12:08 AM
And I might add always blame the Kafir.
lol nice one. Thanks for making me laugh.

If there is no evidence, make some up.
muslims dont lie :)

snakelegs
03-16-2007, 02:48 AM
is this an actual hadith?

Um_ahmad
03-16-2007, 03:08 AM
lol, You know what ya'll It's all B.S. Thank you:rollseyes

north_malaysian
03-16-2007, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
"I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z," said Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a partial transcript from a closed-door hearing.

... he also admitted responsibility for a series of attacks, including the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, the bombing of nightclubs in Bali in 2002 and a Kenyan hotel in the same year.

He claimed responsibility for the failed attempt by the so-called shoe bomber, Richard Reid, to bring down an American plane.
Loads of responsibilities there......... from NY to Bali.

He also claimed to be behind plots to assassinate the late Pope John Paul II
too late.. the pope is already dead.

According to the Associated Press news agency, Mr Mohammed confessed to the beheading in a blacked-out section of the transcript.
why "blacked-out"?

"....I don't like to kill children and the kids,".
What are the differences between "children" and "kids"?

It appeared, from a judge's question, that Mr Mohammed had made allegations of torture in US custody.

However, when asked whether his statement was produced under duress, he said it was not.
He's tortured but not under duress.... :blind:

But his confession of involvement in a wide range of ambitious plots reflects his boastful nature and a desire to portray himself as a terrorist mastermind
If he's the ultimate mastermind of all these tragedies ... just give him death penalty.... but he also must apologise to the Muslim ummah worldwide for making our lives miserable....:raging:

*noor
03-16-2007, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Um_ahmad
lol, You know what ya'll It's all B.S. Thank you:rollseyes
good thing im not the only one that thinks so

snakelegs
03-16-2007, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding

i have no opinion on his guilt or innocence.
i haven't finished reading it yet. but it strikes me as peculiar that he had an enormous amount of very detailed incriminating evidence right on his hard drive - or the hard drive that was found where he was. i would think anyone sophisticated and clever enought to pull off something like 9/11 would be more careful than to have all this evidence sitting on a hard drive.
pretty careless.

Woodrow
03-16-2007, 06:55 AM
My personal opinion, he confessed to too many things. Quoting from the topic post:

But his confession of involvement in a wide range of ambitious plots reflects his boastful nature and a desire to portray himself as a terrorist mastermind, says the BBC's security correspondent Gordon Corera.
Makes me think he would confess to assassinating Abraham Lincoln if he thought somebody would believe it.

north_malaysian
03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
My personal opinion, he confessed to too many things. Quoting from the topic post:

Makes me think he would confess to assassinating Abraham Lincoln if he thought somebody would believe it.
JFK, Mahatma Gandhi, Malcolm X too....:D

Muezzin
03-16-2007, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
KSM knows he will never see freedom again, so probably "confessed" to a few crimes and plots that he had no part of. It will be the job of the prosecution to weed through KSM's boastful lies and charge him with crimes that can actually be proven.
Thank you for this sane post.

wilberhum
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM

AmarFaisal
I would like to expand on my
It is a war against Islam to the same extent that Islam is at war with the US.
Now think about this.

Why did OBL and his group attack the US?
Because the US has policies that have international repercussions that they want to fight against.
My point is not whether the policies justified the attack or not. The policies were the cause.
He did not do it because we are considered a “Christian Country”.

Why did the US attack Afghanistan?
Because the Afghanistan had policies that had international repercussions that we wanted to fight against.
My point is not whether the policies justified the attack or not. The policies were the cause.
We did not do it because they are a Muslim Country. It just happens that most of the people there are Muslims.

Why did the US attack Iraq?
Because the Iraq had policies that had international repercussions that we wanted to fight against.
We did not do it because they are a Muslim Country. It just happens that most of the people there are Muslims.

If the US actions were taken because Afghanistan and Iraq are Muslim countries, how do you explain our relations with Saudi Arabia? If we hate Muslims, why do we still allow Muslims to migrate to the US?

Have there been some wrongful actions towards Muslims?
You bet. Systematic, no.

Do some Americans hate Muslims?
Absolutely! Widespread, no.

Are things worse after 9/11?
Of course. Things like that don’t go unnoticed.

There are those that will not accept reality because that stands in the way of justifying there hate. Too there are those that want to be pictured as the “Under Dog”.
But if you are open minded you will see some truth in what I have said.

If you still think there is a war against Muslims/Islam, send a note to Woodrow.
He is a sane and sensible Muslim.

Wilber

Woodrow, Hope you don't mind.

snakelegs
03-16-2007, 10:21 PM
when i become a terrorist, i hope i have enough brains not to have "to do" lists sitting around on my hard drive.

wilberhum
03-16-2007, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
when i become a terrorist, i hope i have enough brains not to have "to do" lists sitting around on my hard drive.
Get a USB drive. :thumbs_up You can store all your "To Do" lists on it and take it with you. You can hide them almost anyplace. :-[
You really need to keep up on those things. :D :D

snakelegs
03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
well, nobody said it would be easy!
the 9/11 suspects had "to do" lists also. must be something about that - is it terrorism or is it an islamic thing? ;D

north_malaysian
03-17-2007, 02:27 AM
You a terrorist? you want to force all of us earthlings to listen to Nusrat Ali Fateh's songs right? :D (just kidding... :okay:)

snakelegs
03-17-2007, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
You a terrorist? you want to force all of us earthlings to listen to Nusrat Ali Fateh's songs right? :D (just kidding... :okay:)
you bet! ;D

north_malaysian
03-17-2007, 02:38 AM
you bet! ;D
maybe you should hijack all major radio stations worldwide...:D

Um_ahmad
03-17-2007, 05:11 AM
:D I love this site!

E'jaazi
03-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Just because they report he admitted it, doesn't mean he did. They reported Bin Laden was behind it and that Iraq had WMD's. All lies.

mahdisoldier19
03-17-2007, 05:39 AM
AmarFaisal
I would like to expand on my

Now think about this.

Why did OBL and his group attack the US?
Because the US has policies that have international repercussions that they want to fight against.
He did not do it because we are considered a “Christian Country”.

Why did the US attack Afghanistan?
Because the Afghanistan had policies that had international repercussions that we wanted to fight against.

Why did the US attack Iraq?
Because the Iraq had policies that had international repercussions that we wanted to fight against.

If the US actions were taken because Afghanistan and Iraq are Muslim countries, how do you explain our relations with Saudi Arabia? If we hate Muslims, why do we still allow Muslims to migrate to the US?

Have there been some wrongful actions towards Muslims?
You bet. Systematic, no.

Do some Americans hate Muslims?
Absolutely! Widespread, no.

Are things worse after 9/11?
Of course. Things like that don’t go unnoticed.

There are those that will not accept reality because that stands in the way of justifying there hate. Too there are those that want to be pictured as the “Under Dog”.
But if you are open minded you will see some truth in what I have said.

If you still think there is a war against Muslims/Islam, send a note to Woodrow.
He is a sane and sensible Muslim.

Wilber

Woodrow, Hope you don't mind.
:lol: I will see if Snakelegs would want my output on this :P, what do you think Snake?

Asyur an-Nagi
03-17-2007, 07:09 AM
i was drafted to Indonesian marine force corps as a field medical officer. and ooou my...my....we have so many method to make our capture talks whatever they have done (and surely whatever they haven't).

believe it or not, simply by putting the culprit in the dark dungeon for 3 weeks (with proper drink ar food supply), they started to hallucinate and scratch the walls.

that's why i left.

ManchesterFolk
03-17-2007, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi
Just because they report he admitted it, doesn't mean he did. They reported Bin Laden was behind it and that Iraq had WMD's. All lies.
They had proof Bin-Laden did it because he said so.

mahdisoldier19
03-18-2007, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
They had proof Bin-Laden did it because he said so.
no other proof? Not even scientifically does it fit

Keltoi
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
no other proof? Not even scientifically does it fit
What do you mean scientifically?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.