/* */

PDA

View Full Version : NON-MUSLIMS not allowed in .....

Pk_#2
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!,

Peace upon those who follow guidance.

Hope ur all well :D (God - willing) InshaAllah.

Question:

Why are non-Muslims not allowed in the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah?

Answer:

It is true that non-Muslims are not allowed in the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah, by law. The following points will serve to elucidate the possible reasoning behind such a restriction.

1. All citizens are not permitted in the cantonment area
I am a citizen of India. Yet, I am not permitted to enter certain restricted areas like the cantonment. In every country there are certain areas where a common citizen of that country cannot enter. Only a citizen who is enrolled in the military or those who are connected with the defence of the country are allowed in the cantonment area. Similarly Islam is a Universal Religion for the entire world and for all human beings. The cantonment areas of Islam are the two holy cites of Makkah and Madinah. Here only those who believe in Islam and are involved in the defence of Islam i.e. the Muslims are allowed.

It would be illogical for a common citizen to object against the restriction on entering a cantonment area. Similarly it is not appropriate for non-Muslims to object against the restriction on non-Muslims against entering Makkah and Madinah.

2. Visa to enter Makkah and Madinah

Whenever a person travels to a foreign country he has to first apply for a visa i.e. the permission to enter that country. Every country has its own rules, regulations and requirements for issuing a visa. Unless their critera are satisfied they will not issue a visa.

One of the countries which is very strict in issuing a visa is the United States of America, especially when issuing visas to citizens of the third world. They have several conditions and requirements to be fulfilled before they issue a visa.

When I visited Singapore, it was mentioned on their immigration form - death to drug traffickers. If I want to visit Singapore I have to abide by the rules. I cannot say that death penalty is a barbaric punishment. Only if I agree with their requirements and conditions will I be permitted to enter the country.

The Visa – The primary condition required for any human being to enter Makkah or Madina is to say with his lips, La ila ha illallah Muhammed ur Rasulullah meaning that ‘there is no God but Allah and Muhammed (pbuh) is His Messenger.’

END-

:rollseyes so....erm bye :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MTAFFI
03-16-2007, 05:24 PM
so what if i just said i was a Muslim and then I enter one of these places? I find it a bit frustrating that a religious group believes that they can say you cant come to this land unless you are Muslim, it is Gods earth, not the Muslims earth, and I am a believer in God and he tells me I can travel wherever I wish, what if the US said "We wont issue a passport to anyone who isnt a Christian", imagine the world outcry

S_87
03-16-2007, 05:27 PM
^^^^^^ the Prophet :arabic5: himself issued orders to expel non muslims from arabia.............

mohammed farah
03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
so what if i just said i was a Muslim and then I enter one of these places? I find it a bit frustrating that a religious group believes that they can say you cant come to this land unless you are Muslim, it is Gods earth, not the Muslims earth, and I am a believer in God and he tells me I can travel wherever I wish, what if the US said "We wont issue a passport to anyone who isnt a Christian", imagine the world outcry

The Religious Significance of Mecca

The importance of Mecca for Muslims is inestimable. All Muslims, wherever they are on Earth, pray five times a day in the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca (located at 21° 25' 24" N and 39° 49' 24" E in DMS notation). The direction of prayer is known as the qibla.

In addition, a pilgrimage to Mecca is required of every Muslim who can afford it as one of the Five Pillars of the faith. Every year about three million gather for the major pilgrimage, or Hajj, during the Muslim month of Dhu'l-Hijja, and many more perform the minor pilgrimage, or Umrah, at various times throughout the year.

Few non-Muslims have ever seen the rites and rituals of the Hajj, as non-Muslims are strictly prohibited from entering Mecca and Medina. Roadblocks are stationed along roads leading to the city. The most famous incident of a non-Muslim visiting Mecca was the visit by the British explorer Sir Richard Burton in 1853. Burton disguised himself as an Afghani Muslim to visit and write Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to Al Madinah and Mecca.

The focal point of Mecca is the Kaaba, the "House of God" believed by Muslims to have been built by Abraham and his son Ishmael, and which is covered in a gold-embroidered black fabric. Pilgrims circle the Kaaba seven times and may also try to touch or kiss its cornerstone, the Black Stone. Pilgrims may drink from the well of Zamzam. Its water of Zamzam is believed to have special properties. Few pilgrims return from the Hajj without a large plastic bottle of Zamzam water.

During the Hajj pilgrims travel to Mina, a small village, where the Devil, symbolised by stone columns, is ritually stoned. They then proceed to the hill Arafat (sometimes called a mountain, but with a height of only 70 m), a site for prayers, where Muhammad is believed to have delivered his final sermon.

The Masjid al Haram (Sacred Mosque) is for Muslims the holiest mosque on Earth. Both the mosque and the city itself are strictly off limits to non-Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
03-16-2007, 05:32 PM
When we go to another country, we are bound by there laws. Like them or not, think they are wrong or not, it doesn’t matter. You don't like there laws, don't go there. It is just that simple.

PS: I think it is an arrogant form of superiority, but they still have the right to make there own laws.

- Qatada -
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
:salamext:

It's quite common for countries in the west to reject anyone they will, and it's becoming quite common when they reject muslim scholars etc. So if these countries can do it, the other countries also have a right to accept and reject as they wish.

Camomilla
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
:sl: :D
Nice post sister and I agree:statisfie :thumbs_up
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!:)
:w:

Sami Zaatari
03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
its gods earth, not muslims true, and god says non-muslims cant enter makkah because the religion god has chosen to mankind is Islam, and he wants mankind to be muslims, and he said only muslims are allowed into makkah. and why do you want to go to makkah? makkah isnt some tourist attraction for you non-muslims, it is a religous place, not a place to go and have a holiday for the fun of it, we muslims dont want to be making the hajj with non-muslims watching us and taking pictures and all that nonsense. so no non-muslims allowed into makkah, and thats how its gonna stay and there aint a thing you can do about it.

Keltoi
03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't care one way or the other since the place isn't holy to me. I agree with wilberhum, it is the law.

chacha_jalebi
03-16-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
When we go to another country, we are bound by there laws. Like them or not, think they are wrong or not, it doesn’t matter. You don't like there laws, don't go there. It is just that simple.

PS: I think it is an arrogant form of superiority, but they still have the right to make there own laws.
it doest matter what you think:p

na seriously, this is one of the wisest thins you hav said willy, giv yaself a pat on bak:D

the 1st post sounds lik a story

Sami Zaatari
03-16-2007, 05:56 PM
no you have to be consistent, dont complain about not being allowed into makkah when your ally bans us from our holy place, you think i will let you get away with inconsistencies? what gives you the right to attack a law saying non-muslims cant allow a muslim holy place when your zionist ally bars us muslim from our own holy place? does that make sense? no, it shows your a hypocrite and it shows that YOU THINK that your superior because you think you can ban us from our holy place but yet when your banned from our holy place you cry foul play. and what is amazing is that muslims dont ban you from your own holy churches, we just ban you from one very sacred muslim area which is makkah, it is not like we say your not allowed to visit the church in bethlahem! unlike you who ban us from our own holy place and act like its nothing.

shible
03-16-2007, 06:46 PM
C'mon Guys don't act like small kids jus try to help them know more about Islam.

Islam never Flourished on a debate or War

but for it's way of Peacefull approach

aamirsaab
03-16-2007, 06:50 PM
:sl:

Chill out people, this is not a world wide debate but an informative article - how about for one thread, just one 'ickle thread, we don't have a massive debate where we all get heart attacks and die, but instead actually LEARN from the article presented.

Now you have to admit that is a pretty cool idea.

Munda Pakistani
03-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Yoou're getting confused about the definition of a Muslim.

If you say you're a Muslim, you're a Muslim, regardless of whether you believe in it or not. A Muslim is someone who says "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad (SAW) is His Messenger". Some of the worst enemies of Islam were Muslims (munafiq ie hypocrites). A Momin is someone who truly believes in the shahada (the above statement) and does his/her best to live by it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't almost every country, including the US, require you to accept the sanctity of the life, property, freedm of speech etc of others? Those are moral standpoints which some might not agree with, regardless of how strongly you believe in them. Yet, if they want to go to those countries, they have to accept these standpoints.

In order to enter Makkah or Madina, there's just one more standpoint: There is no God but Allah abd Muhammad(SAW) is His Messenger.

queenmuslimah
03-16-2007, 08:04 PM
subhanallah....subhanallah......ya muslimeens ya muslimeens..............this is not the way a muslim should act......let them say wat they want....for it is only words.....words cant hurt but action does......if they want to call makkah and madina dirty let them for allah is on our side.........they have no idea how beautiful makkah and madina are........let them be ignorent( do forgive me)..........a muslim person is suppose to have patience....so please work on it and just ignore them like they are ignoring allah(swa)....

look at this pic..................

and this
http://www.***********/media/Islamic.../Mohummed1.jpg

IB-Staff
03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
This thread has served its purpose. Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.