/* */

PDA

View Full Version : questions about my past and music

michaelconvert
03-17-2007, 05:20 AM
Salaam everyone
ALHUMDULILAH or however one would spell it
Ive been making a lot of progress in my new religion.
But i do have some questions

1. I dont like to recall times when i would sin against the one God but i cant forget something that happened. Before i converted to Islam about 9 months ago i was visiting at my cousins house for like 2 weeks. One day i went to church with them all ........they were kind of Pentecostal which means they jump around and go crazy and speak in "tongues". Although now i see that practice as very ugly back then it didnt bother me much at all. Anyways ................... i was sitting there listening to them sing about Jesus(may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) and this feeling came over me. I dont want to humiliate myself but i broke down hard. The feeling was just so weird and overwhelming that i began to cry very powerfully. I cant explain what happened this day. I was wondering if it could have been a bad Jinn or some type of punishment. I regret this very much ....... but i was just wondering .
2. I have read that music that involves stringed instruments is harram. I have been listening to a lot of nasheed music with just drums and vocals. But there is one problem......... i play 4 instruments! Three of them are stringed and the other is the piano. What do i do? I also have guitar and choir at school. Since i converted the music isnt as important to me as it was but its just been such a large part of my life.

that you
salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
03-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Make the intention to give up playing and ask Allah to make it easier for you. Then go and spend that time reading the Qu'ran and learning the Sunnah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.