/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Rachel Corrie

sister herb
03-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Four years ago, on March 16, 2003, Rachel Corrie 23, stood with her megaphone to stop the Israel Occupation Force (IOF) bulldozer that threatened the Gazzah home of the Nasrallah family. She had lived with that family and knew there were 5 children inside the home. The bulldozer driver did not stop and Rachel was crushed under the bulldozer. The IOF soldiers destroyed 2200 homes in that Rafah Gazzah town.

Rachel was a member of the International Solidarity Movement. Formed when the UN Security Council failed refused to send UN peacekeepers, Rachel joined a civilian movement from all over the world to help stand with Palestinians in their nonviolent struggle against the Zionists’ Nazi tactics.

In April, the Rebuilding Alliance and partner NGO Gaza Community Mental Health Programme is planning a celebration by opening of the first home in the Rachel Corrie Rebuilding Campaign in Gaza.

http://www.rebuildingalliance.org/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
03-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes, i remember her. :(

Pk_#2
03-17-2007, 05:40 PM
yes i remmeber :(

mashaAllah she tried.

The Ruler
03-17-2007, 05:41 PM
:sl:

DWA's 'Rachel' song's dedicated to her...and i kinda like that song.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2007, 05:42 PM
was she muslim?....

Pk_#2
03-17-2007, 05:43 PM
No..

i neva read ur thread i will inabit LOL

buh i memba her anyways.

Zulkiflim
03-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Salaam,

Yes i too have read about her.

May Allah reward her for her sacrfice,,Inshallah.

She is a non muslim who sacrificed her life for Paletinian house.
Who cared about the plight of Palestinain.

She stood in front of a bulldozer and was run over alive...

Such courage and conviction,,

We need more of such people in the Ummah..

north_malaysian
03-19-2007, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
She is a non muslim who sacrificed her life for Paletinian house.
Take note that a great majority of non-Muslims have no hostility towards Islam and Muslims........

and I remember her to.... she's great person...

snakelegs
03-19-2007, 05:27 AM
yep - i remember her too. people who voluntarily act as human shields are incredibly brave. i can't imagine having that much courage!

Eric H
03-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you sister harb;

Thanks for reminding us about Rachsel Corrie she was standing up against injustice and it is always wrong when injustice is done against blacks, whites, Muslims, Hindu, Christian or atheist.

Standing up for justice always seems greater when the person helps another who is different.

We have a real need in this world for a greater interfaith friendship and justice for all of God’s wonderful creation despite all our differences.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

SirZubair
03-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I didn't know who she was until i heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf mention her in one of his lectures.

Count DeSheep
03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I've never heard of her. Not surprising that I haven't, considering I live in America and she stood up against Israel's criminal actions. Being anti-Israeli over here is just horrible...and anti-Israeli is defined as saying or doing anything that even slightly goes against Israel.

aamirsaab
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Echo time:
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you sister harb;

Thanks for reminding us about Rachsel Corrie she was standing up against injustice and it is always wrong when injustice is done against blacks, whites, Muslims, Hindu, Christian or atheist.

Standing up for justice always seems greater when the person helps another who is different.

We have a real need in this world for a greater interfaith friendship and justice for all of God’s wonderful creation despite all our differences.

Eric
Listen to this man, he speaks the truth.

Thanaa
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Funny how I'm English, and I can honestly say that I'd never heard of her, isnt it?
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 188
Connection: close

<html><head><title>Page has moved found</title></head><body>The page has moved. Please <a href="http://localhost:1025/20037/badcontent.html">click here</a> for the new page.</body></html>What a wonderful person she was.
Its incredibly sad that she was killed like she was. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ni1gxVkbY

Goku
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Four years ago, on March 16, 2003, Rachel Corrie 23, stood with her megaphone to stop the Israel Occupation Force (IOF) bulldozer that threatened the Gazzah home of the Nasrallah family. She had lived with that family and knew there were 5 children inside the home. The bulldozer driver did not stop and Rachel was crushed under the bulldozer. The IOF soldiers destroyed 2200 homes in that Rafah Gazzah town.

Rachel was a member of the International Solidarity Movement. Formed when the UN Security Council failed refused to send UN peacekeepers, Rachel joined a civilian movement from all over the world to help stand with Palestinians in their nonviolent struggle against the Zionists’ Nazi tactics.

In April, the Rebuilding Alliance and partner NGO Gaza Community Mental Health Programme is planning a celebration by opening of the first home in the Rachel Corrie Rebuilding Campaign in Gaza.

http://www.rebuildingalliance.org/

I havent heard of this brave woman until now, hardly any media coverage of this tragic incident in the UK media. It just shows how heartless those Israeli animals are, bulldozing a young woman alive along with the Palestinian house, you dont even do such a thing to a doll.

May Allah SWT bless Rachel Corrie's soul and grant her peace and Jannah al Firdous, Ameen.

ManchesterFolk
03-19-2007, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku

I havent heard of this brave woman until now, hardly any media coverage of this tragic incident in the UK media. It just shows how heartless those Israeli animals are, bulldozing a young woman alive along with the Palestinian house, you dont even do such a thing to a doll.

May Allah SWT bless Rachel Corrie's soul and grant her peace and Jannah al Firdous, Ameen.
First off, reports were that the driver could not even see the girl. If he could then shame on him, but does this represent all of Israel and Jews? I mean, every suicide bombing I could say look how disgusting Muslims are, but I don't judge a whole group on one man.

Goku
03-19-2007, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
First off, reports were that the driver could not even see the girl. If he could then shame on him, but does this represent all of Israel and Jews? I mean, every suicide bombing I could say look how disgusting Muslims are, but I don't judge a whole group on one man.
I'm not judging the whole of Israelis on this incident, I apologise if it seemed like that, because I know there are good Israelis and good Jews, I dont like to generalise. But the occupation and oppression of Palestine is supported by the IDF and Israeli government and Israeli soldiers carry out numerous outrageous acts of violence against Palestinian civilians, we know how Israel used "excessive force" against Lebanese civilians when they couldnt beat Hizbollah, and how they raid and destroy Palestinian families' house and even kill Palestinians. Channel 4's documentary called Dispatches; The Killing Zone showed how Israel didnt even spare journalists. (No they dont kill all journalists but they have done so in the past.) I'm not against the whole of Israel, I believe there should be a 2 state solution for both Israeli and Palestine, but how can that work if Israel is occupying Palestinian land and refusing to recognise Palestine?

One example of a group of good Israelis who do want peace is the refuse solidary movement:

The face of refusal in Israel is getting younger. More and more, young people are refusing to be a part of the occupation and violent control of the Occupied Territories and choosing conscientious objection over the IDF
http://www.refusersolidarity.net/

About the tragidy which took Rachel Corrie's life, I'm sure in the face of death she made clear she was standing in front of the house, protesting its unlawful demolition, however suppose the driver of the bulldozer didnt see her (very unlikely) why was he, and many other Israelis, demolishing Palestinian homes in the first place, many with young children and women in it? Why demolish people's homes who lived there for centuries to make way for "settlements of immigrants from other countries" which dont even have the permission of the Palestinian Authority to live in Palestine, is Israel above the law? I'm not one sided, I condemn the suicide bombings against Israeli civilians by Palestinians, they are also criminal acts.

north_malaysian
03-20-2007, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I didn't know who she was until i heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf mention her in one of his lectures.
It's like on front page of the Malaysian newspapers, covered by all tv/radio news... even the Islamist's media was praising her that time...

If I'm not wrong, her courageous act even being mentioned in Friday sermon...

north_malaysian
03-20-2007, 03:06 AM
To read Rachel's e-mail when she was in Gaza:

http://www.rachelcorrie.org/emails.htm

Eric H
03-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Greetings and peace be with you north_malaysian; and thank you for the links to Rachel's letters.

What a remarkable woman and so young too, she had a determined vision to keep coming back. I pray that she can be an inspiration to others in how they go about their business in Israel and Palestine.

She talks about Israeli soldiers and the way that some are refusing to obey orders that appear immoral, we must also pray for those soldiers who disobey orders and choose justice.

There is a great need for people of all faiths to acknowledge each others plight in the sight of injustice. It is always the poor and oppressed that suffer the most.

Thank you aamirsaab for your echo.

Eric

imaad_udeen
03-20-2007, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
however suppose the driver of the bulldozer didnt see her (very unlikely)
Maybe, maybe not. The Israeli Bulldozer in question was heavily armored.

Rachel Corrie brought this on herself (no pun intended).

In a fight between flesh and steel, steel wins.

Here is a pic of Rachel and the bulldozer just before and just after she was killed.

From what I remember, Rachel slipped or tripped as she was trying to get out from in front of the bulldozer. Once she was behind the blade the driver couldn't see her and assumed she had got out of the way. Obviously she didn't and her young life was wasted.

why was he, and many other Israelis, demolishing Palestinian homes in the first place,
I believe the house in question was used to smuggle weapons in from Egypt, or so they say.

imaad_udeen
03-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Here is the great peace lover Rachel Corrie burning an American flag.

Eric H
04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all;

I was watching Al-Jazeera news today and saw that the memory of Rachel Corrie still lives on. Her parents are still campaigning for justice for the Palestinians, they were saying that when they give a story on the news their message is often edited.

There is a theatre company doing a play based on Rachel and they often get banned from putting on the performance. Sadly I did not see all the interview.

In the spirit of praying for justice

Eric

MTAFFI
04-19-2007, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep
I've never heard of her. Not surprising that I haven't, considering I live in America and she stood up against Israel's criminal actions. Being anti-Israeli over here is just horrible...and anti-Israeli is defined as saying or doing anything that even slightly goes against Israel.
Watch more news, my friend...

I remember this woman, if more people were like her, I think the world would be a lot more peaceful of a place to live

very sad story +o( :enough!: :(

Chechnya
04-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Here is the great peace lover Rachel Corrie burning an American flag.
She burned a paper flag - so she deserved to die, the war-mongering muslim-lover!

:rollseyes

Are you really that stupid or are you putting on an act?

Cognescenti
04-19-2007, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep

Man...that is utter swill. Most Americans couldn't care less about Israel. There are plenty of anti-semites about, as well (they just tend to keep their mouth's shut in public). Of course, more than a few may have changed their minds when they saw pictures of Palestinians rejoicing in the streets after the fall of the WTC.

The Rachel Corrie thing was the lead story on every network when she was killed. If you haven't heard of her perhaps you should run some electricity into your cave.

Eric H
04-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

Justice and peace are worth standing up for, but people can only achieve lasting results by peaceful means. Peace activists face real danger by standing up for what they believe in, here is another recent story

Irish Nobel Peace Prize winner Mairead Maguire has
been shot with a rubber bullet by the Israeli military
while taking part in a nonviolent civil rights protest
organised by Palestinians and Israelis.

The incident took place on Friday 20 April, and Ms
Maguire, famed for her work for reconcilition in
Northern Ireland, has now returned home.

Full story - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=9qmgf4bab.0....%2Fnode%2F5152

Eric

sameer
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
i only recently heard about her. Very Courageous. Its sad to see some people trying to play down her efforts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.