/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unity Convention

nafy
07-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey guys...
any 1 ere goin 2 da unity convention held by 'RAMADAN FOUNDATION' and
'ISLAM CHANNEL'?
its in manchester on the 7th of August...
i cant go maself :thumbs_do but i was jus wonderin if n e 1 here is gonna go.
i've heard its gonna be a really good event!! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nafy
08-04-2005, 08:53 PM
hummmmmmmmm.........
thanks 4 replying every1.....
:(

- Qatada -
08-04-2005, 09:06 PM
:sl:

i wanted to go soooooo bad but the tickets ran out really quick :(

Muhammad
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM

Thread moved.

Btw - I heard about this, I think Dr. Zakir Naik will be there and his talk will be broadcasted on Islam Channel Insha'Allaah - will be good to watch!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
08-05-2005, 06:12 PM

I would have liked to go, seeing as Manchester is only 20 minutes away. But alas, it's all booked, understandably. So Islam Channel, it is. :) You'd be a fool of a took to miss it.

Ummah
08-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Asalaamualaikum

yep im going, there wasa topic on this made before aswell so sorry for not replying ot this one. u probbaly didnt get any tickets because i bought most of em :P

I will be there and look forward to seeing all the sisters! Should i wear a badge saying SParkllz?! :P hehe

by the way the seating is based on a first come first serve so please ignore the seat numbers on your tickets. jus get there early.

HumbleServant
08-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Theres already a thread opened about this! Lol! Yes, have my tickets in hand, all ready, and waitin for morning to arrive! Inshallah should be GREAT. for all those who wont be able to go, its going to be broadcasted on Monday on IslamChannel inshallah.

Uthman
08-06-2005, 07:03 PM

for all those who wont be able to go, its going to be broadcasted on Monday on IslamChannel inshallah.
Do you know what time on Monday, sister? :)

- Qatada -
08-06-2005, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Do you know what time on Monday, sister? :)

Asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh

Sunday 7th August 2005, Time: 10am - 6pm : Doors open @ 9am

sorry but it might be broadcasted at the same time on monday (10am - 6pm) or maybe broadcasted live? on the same day?

walaikum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Uthman
08-07-2005, 06:52 PM

I am eager to hear how it was. :) Please don't rub it in.

asmauk
08-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Mashallah it was really good. I only came back off holiday at 4am this morning and was apprehensive about how muslims where going to be after 7/7. Alhamdulillah this Unity Convention provided a platform for muslims to share their views and opinions without needing to be apologetic for the opinions they hold. A very refreshing day.

:ws:

Abu-GKT
08-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I went to the event (yesterday) - and it was faaan-blastic! The size of the hall was amazing! From what I heard it holds almost 2,000 people!

The talks were very good - a lot of them said pretty much the same stuff - but in a slightly different way - but was still interesting.

The highlight of the event for me was the very last talk of the day - by Zakir Naik - masha'Allah he smashed it! - I would definitely recommend everyone to watch this event - even if just for Zakir Naiks talk - the whole event will be broadcast on Islam Channel as follows:

Part 1: Sunday 14th August: 9:30 - 12:00pm
Part 2: Monday 15th August: 9:30 - 12:00pm

Food on the day was supposed to be about £4.50 - but during the moring session, they announced that the shura had thought about it, and since we were all their guests, that food would be provided free of charge - Allaaaaahuakbar (pronounced in a true pakistani bazoorakh accent :D )

Anyways, for those who missed it...u missed out! - not to worry though - Jimas conference in Leicester is just around the corner - if u have tickets that is - hehe

Wa'Alaikum Assalaam

Eric H
08-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Greetings and peace,

Come on don't hold out on us all you guys who went, what were the highlights?
How do they propose to work towards unity? what do people of different sects have to do to come together? What is stopping unity?

Were most people in favour of unity? who opposes unity, and why?

In the spirit of searching for interfaith relations

Eric

Uthman
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM

I'm glad to hear that the event was successful. :) We (my mum) left the booking to late, so understandably all the tickets ran out early. I look forward to seeing the whole event on Islam Channel. :)

As 'the' Eric said, don't hold out, what were the highlights? Spill . . .

Ummah
08-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Asalaamualaikum

oh myyyyyyyy that event was soooooooooo gooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,MashAllah! Everything ran so smoothly apart from it over-running a little bit.

I didnt like the lecture by the barrister, i forgot her name. i went to visit that stalls at that point, and also to be ready to be at the front of the que for the food because her talk was the last before lunch :p

I loved all the other talks though!! Especially Dr Zakir Naik and the brother from the MPACUK. wasnt it funny when we all started laughing & clapping at something he said and he was like "HEY, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FEELING BAD!!". :D I totally agreed with him and would love to help MPAC out, i agree with what they say, and we definately need more community action with muslim youth and elders combined!

Hey wasnt it cool when Dr Naik was streaming out all those chaptera and verse numbers and everyone started cheering and and clapping in amazement? people were on the edge of their seats by that point!!
And remember that story about when he went to the airport and they searched him? i wont say more because you're all going to watch the broadcast on islam channel, it will make you laugh !

The story about the brother in the audience, when those two kaffir women complained to officials that he was a threat just because he was reading the Quran on the train, and he got taken off the train and interrogated, when the officials realised their mistake they felt os bad, that they told him to go and sit in the 1st class seats, but he refused and said he was happy enough in his own seat. SubhanAllah

Yvonne Ridley - i really cant describe in words how AMAZING her talk was!!! she was hitting the nail on the head every time. "thank god i was arrested by the taliban and not by the americans" - LOL!! :omg: that was brill when she said that! and when she came on the stage initially with the clothes that the taliban had given her to wear. And how she described tony blair as such a hypocrite. she mentioned things that i hadnt even THOUGHT about

Im telling you people, DONT MISS THE BROADCAST ON ISLAM CHANNEL!!

Shayk Muhammad Albudally kept everyone really happy to, hes got a good sense of humour!

Overall my favourite speakers were Imam Siraj Wahaj, MPAC, Dr Naik and Yvonne Ridley.

Khaleel Muhammad - MashAllah his voice is so beautiful. it would be great if he could have done more nasheeds, if i rightly remember he only did one right at the beginning right?

btw - did anyone go to Queen Elizabeth Hall in Oldham and Karim's Restuarent in Heywood yesterday? Dr Zakir Naik did a special their yesterday

Uthman
08-09-2005, 07:42 PM

I believe I specifically asked for you not to rub it in :brother: It's on Islam Channel Sunday and Monday 21:30 - 22:30 :)

Anyway, what did you think of Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips? :)

Ummah
08-09-2005, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

I believe I specifically asked for you not to rub it in :brother: It's on Islam Channel Sunday and Monday 21:30 - 22:30 :)
Asalaamualaikum

i didnt mean to rub it in... just couldnt contain my excitement, never been to an islamic event before you see
:'( :sorry:

Uthman
08-12-2005, 09:33 PM

You are forgiven. :)

I can't wait to watch it on Sunday and Monday! I have seen the adverts which shows the bit you mentioned, where Yvonne Ridley says I thank Allah I was captured by the Taliban, and not by the Americans

Uthman
08-14-2005, 09:48 AM

Part 1 is on tonight InshaAllah. :) If you haven't got sky then watch it here! Just don't miss it!

Uthman
08-14-2005, 07:50 PM

It's on at 21:30 (09:30pm) tonight! Don't miss it.

- Qatada -
08-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeh i'm just gona go down to go watch it now insh Allah.. (17mins to go..)

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Far7an
08-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Online is not working, have they disabled it deliberately? or is it just my pc?

- Qatada -
08-14-2005, 09:59 PM
walaikum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

if your usin firefox try internet explorer, cz firefox doesn't work 4 me but on internet xplorer i can view it (on broadband conection - media player).. insh Allah that will work.

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Uthman
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM

It usually works for me on firefox but it isn't currently. Yvonne Ridley is on now. My dad is recording it. :)

Uthman
08-15-2005, 08:27 PM

Tune in now for part 2. :)

http://www.islamchannel.tv/video.aspx

fayfchica58
09-06-2005, 09:25 AM
me an all ma family went... the actual speaches were good...i mean sum gt too technical and sum made me angry wid maself...i'm sure all agree Yvonne Rioddly ws grt ws annoyed Imam siraj wahaj dint sho up but tha rest were gud. The seating ws atrocious however!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.