/* */

PDA

View Full Version : KFC chicken cruelty exposed

Snowflake
03-17-2007, 02:01 PM
The Main Ingredient in Your Chicken Burger is Cruelty

Please watch this vid.

http://www.kfccruelty.co.uk/anderson-viduk.asp

Watch out for more posts relating to the cruel treatment of animals. As well as Islamic articles forbidding cruelty to animals.

"A good deed done to a beast is as good as doing good to a human being; while an act of cruelty to a beast is as bad as an act of cruelty to a human being." Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
03-17-2007, 02:07 PM
+o( :cry: :raging:

Snowflake
03-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I know how you feel sis. :cry:

http://www.poultry.allotment.org.uk/...fare/index.php

Please watch Compassion in Farming video

WARNING - This is an extremely disturbing video about the appalling treatment of chickens. I urge you to watch it even though it is pretty grim.

How does this make you people feel? Is the answer Islamic farms, i.e. where animals are treated humanely as stressed in Islam?

Please share your views.

chacha_jalebi
03-17-2007, 02:23 PM
but KFC isnt halal so lol jus go to ya local chicken n chips :D oooo yeh :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
:sl:^ yeeh man why go there in first place? We have HFC here:p Halal fried chicken :D
:w:
ps. things that make u go mmmmmmmmm are not healthy:D

mohammed farah
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
huh pamela anderson............does she even know what she was talking about.

chacha_jalebi
03-17-2007, 02:31 PM
i knew the kfc colonel was evil :D

we hav hfc, xfc n dixy lol:p

lol and out all ppl to expose they choose pam anderson lol

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 02:33 PM
:sl:
^ u forgot SFC:coolious: southern fried chicken:D Dixy is a flop:p XFC? xtra fried chicken ie...over cooked, burnt?:p
back on topic...yeh no more visiting kfc people, ahem, not even for drinks..

Snowflake
03-17-2007, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
but KFC isnt halal so lol jus go to ya local chicken n chips :D oooo yeh :shade:
There's KFC in muslim countries bro. And battery farming is all the same in every country. So the issue covers all poultry farms. Organic is better but it's not 100%.

Snowflake
03-17-2007, 02:39 PM
huh pamela anderson............does she even know what she was talking about.

Anderson isn't making this up. She is simply exposing KFC. But the same thing is happening on poultry farms all over the world. It shouldn't matter who is highlighting the issue. What matters is that it's the truth.

Please see second vid. And do share your views about the need for TOTALLY Islamic farms? :thumbs_up

Strzelecki
03-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Going vegetarian has got to be one of the best things I have ever done.

Woodrow
03-17-2007, 02:57 PM

The meat industry is one of my pet peeves. The problem arose when people broke away from family farming to industrialized meat factories.

If people were required to eat only the meat they personally raise and personally slaughter, there would be more vegetarians in the world and less cruelty to animals.

This is not just a KFC problem. It goes for all meat products that come in neat little Styrofoam packages at your local meat market.

Can you imagine the mental changes a person undergoes when they work at one of those meat factories? Stop and think about it. A person spends 8 hours a day doing nothing but killing animals. Five days a week, 52 weeks a year. what type of attitude can we expect that person to develop towards animals?

Going for organic meats is not a solution. Organic simply means it is feed natural foods, it guarantees nothing about how an animal is raised or slaughtered.

If you are going to eat meat, the only choice is Halal meat. To be halal it goes beyond the slaughtering of an animal, it is also required that the animal be raised with kindness and not mistreated.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2007, 03:56 PM
the revenge of the chickens shall come...

strider
03-17-2007, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
the revenge of the chickens shall come...
Will they cluck their way to justice?

(lame joke)

Snowflake
03-17-2007, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

If you are going to eat meat, the only choice is Halal meat. To be halal it goes beyond the slaughtering of an animal, it is also required that the animal be raised with kindness and not mistreated.
Thank you Br. Woodrow for taking this issue seriously. That is what I intended to highlight in further articles. The only solution is "islamic" farms run by muslims who have animal welfare in the forefront of their minds.

Achieving this dream is going to be a long struggle but one that's worth it at the end. InshaAllah.

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Does this mean what i think it means, i mean really? Does it mean that? Meaning will i have to turn all vegetarian? Is that meaningfuly correct, i mean that's going to be hard....man that's going to be mean...:D

So our only solution is to find a supplier that has a proper 'caring' farm...?
mean indeed :D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

Does this mean what i think it means, i mean really? Does it mean that? Meaning will i have to turn all vegetarian? Is that meaningfuly correct, i mean that's going to be hard....man that's going to be mean...:D

So ouronly solution is to fid a supplier that has a proper 'caring' farm...?
mean indeed :D
h4rUn its time to realise the dream bro. its time to start farming :blind:

Pk_#2
03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah :|

Don't you think brothers who want farms are weird? eh ppl?

KFC sux

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2007, 05:31 PM
^ no, i think they are quite wonderful

strider
03-17-2007, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
Yeah :|

Don't you think brothers who want farms are weird? eh ppl?
Not really. There are humane ways of raising chickens and other livestock before they end up on our dinner plates.

Abdul-Raouf
03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Here we dont have such problems... go to the chicken shop.. there will be live one.... It doesnt matter its a muslim or non muslim shop.... cos we get the live chicken we ourseif cut it in halal manner and give to them they peel, cut into pieces and give.......

Have u ever peeled a chicken or goat... i have done it.. during Eid
its a good experience...

Woodrow
03-17-2007, 05:50 PM

The meat industry is just that it is a "Meat Factory" the animals are not seen as living creatures. They are the raw ingredients in need of processing.

The advertising world has done wonders at giving all of us a false perception as to what it means to eat meat. Few people even know what meat tastes like. the food is so doctored up and beautified that we have lost touch with reality and never give a thought about what it is we stick in our mouths.

even the words have been changed to be politically correct and cause no bad feelings.

A slaughter house is now a "Processing Plant" the waste disposal of the damaged meat has now become a "rendering factory" Animals are not killed they are now "Processed".

I have no objection to people eating meat and it is halal and need not be discourged. The problem is in how the meat is obtained and how the animals are treated.

It is true that for animals to be properly raised and properly slaughtered would increase the cost of meat. Oddly this would only happen in the industrialized nations and not affect the agrarian countries.

The trade off is we would eat less meat which is a plus as most Americans eat too much of it.

The small idyllic farm would become cost competitive with the meat factories.

Less animals would be slaughtered, there would be less waste.

Best of all we would all be eating Halal Meat.

H4RUN
03-17-2007, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
h4rUn its time to realise the dream bro. its time to start farming :blind:

I have a dream bro... i have a dream, we shall not surrender, i have a dream, dream we shall, and the dream shall not stop, onwards we shall dream, dream dream, farmers we become?

ps. i have issues lol

IbnAbdulHakim
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM

I have a dream bro... i have a dream, we shall not surrender, i have a dream, dream we shall, and the dream shall not stop, onwards we shall dream, dream dream, farmers we become?

ps. i have issues lol

LOLLLLLL ;D

MuHiTH
03-17-2007, 06:15 PM

ps. i have issues lol
LOL

At the end of the day, KFC is haraam because of the way they sacrifises their chickens. I hardly have Fried Chicken, Kebabs are much better :P

Snowflake
03-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Woodrow: The meat industry is just that it is a "Meat Factory" the animals are not seen as living creatures. They are the raw ingredients in need of processing.
I agree. What makes it worse is that chickens are not considered livestock and the word 'poultry' does not appear in the Humane Methods of Slaughter
Act. Which means that unlike 'livestock' they are totally unprotected by the law.

Best of all we would all be eating Halal Meat.
inshaAllah :thumbs_up

btw, did all the jokers see the vids? :?

Khayal
03-19-2007, 01:38 AM

Astaghfirullah! poor chickens,:cry: Alhamdulilah we don't eat kfc as they are HARAM.

peacechaser
03-19-2007, 02:26 AM

Is KFC in an Islamic country cruel and haraam? It's 100% halal because has been inspected by Islamic department, right?

snakelegs
03-19-2007, 03:36 AM
i couldn't watch the video. i don't know how it is in other countries, but in the u.s. the entire meat industry is fueled by greed and there is rampant cruelty. i almost never eat meat any more, for this reason. (tho i do eat dairy and dairy cows are also cruelly treated. it is a disgrace! so whenever you buy that neat little celophane package at the market, you are endorsing inexcusable cruelty and suffering.
there are alternatives on the market, but they are expensive.
i know the slaughter is different in judaism and islam, but i don't know if the animals are raised less cruelly. i know cruelty to animals is forbidden in islam, but is halal meat raised by practicing muslims?

syilla
03-19-2007, 04:41 AM
http://rojaks.blogspot.com/2006/10/c...eap-fried.html

:enough!: :enough!: :enough!:

urghh....yucks!!! no wonder lots of non-muslims choose to be vegetarian.

north_malaysian
03-19-2007, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Ermmmmm.............. that's crazy!:blind:

syilla
03-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Here are some conditions needed for malaysia jakim halal certification

5. HALAL SLAUGHTER

5.1 PRE-SLAUGHTER CONDITIONS FOR ANIMALS / POULTRY

Only animals and poultry that fulfill the following will be allowed for slaughter :
5.1.1 All animals and poultry must be healthy, free from any signs of wounds and disease, or any form of disfigurement.

5.1.2 Animals and poultry should be treated in a humane manner prior to slaughter. Any ill-treatment, beating, acts that may cause stress or fear are strictly forbidden on all animals and poultry awaiting slaughter.

5.1.3 Any acts of injury or cutting is prohibited on animals prior to their slaughter.

5.2 CONDITIONS OF SLAUGHTER The slaughtering of Halal animals should be fully separated from the slaughter of non-Halal animals. Halal slaughter should be carried out according to the following regulations:

5.2.1 Halal slaughter should be performed only by a Muslim (not a Kitabi or others) who is of sound mind, mature and who fully understands the fundamentals, rules and conditions related to the slaughter of animals in Islam.

5.2.2 The animals to be slaughtered must be animals that are Halal and can be eaten by a Muslim.

5.2.3 The animal must be fully alive or deemed to be alive at the time of slaughter.

5.2.4 The slaughtering should sever the trachea and esophagus. The carotid arteries and jugular veins will automatically be severed when both main vessels are cut off. The spinal cord should not be cut and the head is not to be severed completely. This is to bring about immediate and massive haemorrhage.

5.2.5 Slaughtering must be done only once. The 'sawing action' of the slaughtering is permitted as long as the slaughtering implement is not lifted off the animal during the slaughtering. Any lifting of the knife is considered as the end of one act of slaughter. Multiple acts of slaughter on one animal are not allowed.

5.2.6 Bleeding must be spontaneous and complete.

5.2.7 Dressing of carcasses should only commence after ascertaining that the animal is dead.

5.2.8 Slaughtering implements, tools and utensils must be utilised only for the slaughter of Halal animals. The slaughtering mplemen or tool has to be kept sharp at all times.

5.2.9 The act of Halal slaughter should begin with an incision on the neck at some point just before the glottis (Adam's Apple) for animals with normal necks but after the glottis for animals with long necks such as chicken, geese, turkeys, ostriches, camels etc.

5.2.10 The phrase “bismillah…” (In the Name of Allah) is highly encouraged to be immediately invoked before the slaughter of each animal. In certain mazhab (school of thought), this invoking of the phrase “bismillah…” is compulsory.

5.2.11 The objective of slaughtering is only for the sake of Allah and not for other purposes.

5.2.12 All Halal verification certificates for Halal meat must be issued, approved and signed by an Islamic Association which has been accepted by the government of Malaysia along with the health certificate from the exporting country. In the other words, the slaughterhouse must be under the supervision of the local Islamic authority, which is capable of auditing the Halal certification, and duly recognized by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (DIDM).

5.3 STUNNING OF ANIMALS

Stunning of animals prior to slaughter is permitted and shall be in accordance with the requirements below :

5.3.1 Three types of stunners shall be used to stun the animal, namely electrical, mechanical or pneumatic stunner.

5.3.2 The use of the stunning equipment shall be under the control of a Muslim supervisor or a trained Muslim slaughterman or Halal certification authority at all times.

5.3.3 The animal should only be stunned temporarily. The stunning should not either kill or cause permanent injury to the animal.

5.3.4 Gadgets that are used to stun pigs shall not be used to stun animals for Halal slaughter.

5.4 ELECTRICAL STUNNING

5.4.1 The electrical stunner should be of the type allowed by the government / Islamic authority in charge of slaughter.

5.4.2 A low and controlled voltage must be used so that the stunning will not damage the heart and brain or cause physical disability and death to the animals. The voltage of current used should be controlled by the Halal certification authority.

5.4.3 The type of stunner used for slaughtering the Halal animals should be 'head only stunner' type, where both electrodes are placed on the head region.

5.4.4 Electrical stunning of poultry is allowed using water bath stunners only

5.5 MECHANICAL STUNNING

5.5.1 Mechanical stunners should only be used on cattle and buffaloes.

5.5.2 Non-penetrative type (mushroom head) percussion stunner should be allowed.

5.5.3 The stunner should not penetrate or break the animal's head. Any injury, if caused, should not be a permanent injury.

5.5.4 The skull of the animal (after the head is skinned) should be checked / examined for permanent injury. If the skull is found to have been penetrated or broken, the carcass should be identified as non-Halal and should be separated from Halal carcasses.

5.6 PNEUMATIC STUNNING Pneumatic stunning or a stunner which uses air pressure is allowed for use in Halal slaughter. It is a device operated by electrical powerto produce strong air pressure and it does not contain any sharp objects. Air pressure directed towards the atlanto-occipital region will render the animal unconscious for a few seconds.

5.7 MECHANICAL SLAUGHTER OF POULTRY

Slaughter of poultry by mechanical knife is permitted if it complies with the following procedures:

5.7.1 The operator (slaughterman) of the mechanical knife should be a Muslim. He will recite the prayer 'Bismillahir rahmanir rahim prior to switching on the mechanical knife and line.

5.7.2 The Muslim slaughterman, who switches on the mechanical knife should be present in the slaughter area at all times (during slaughter).

5.7.3 In the event that the slaughterman has to leave the slaughter area, he should be replaced by another Muslim slaughterman. The former will stop the line and switch off the mechanical knife. To restart the operation the second slaughterman must recite the prayer as in (5.7.1), before switching on the mechanical knife and line.

5.7.4 The knife used should be of the single blade type and must be kept sharp at all times.

5.7.5 During the act of slaughter, the throat, esophagus and major blood vessels in the neck region (jugular vein and carotid artery) of the bird must be severed.

5.7.6 The slaughterman is required to check that each bird is properly slaughtered. He or other Muslim slaughterman should slaughter manually any birds that miss slaughter by the mechanical knife. The birds should be dead as a result of slaughter before they are sent for scalding.

source

Snowflake
03-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Syilla: 5.4.4 Electrical stunning of poultry is allowed using water bath stunners only
This method of stunning is appalling. The chickens are shackled upside down on a running belt which dips their heads into electrical waterbaths.

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i know cruelty to animals is forbidden in islam, but is halal meat raised by practicing muslims?
No. The muslims retailers buy their meat from battery farms run by non muslims. The biggest supplier to halal shops in the UK is John Summers.

format_quote Originally Posted by peacechaser

Is KFC in an Islamic country cruel and haraam? It's 100% halal because has been inspected by Islamic department, right?
If certified Halal, then we have no reason to doubt the method of slaughter. But those certificates don't mean that the animal wasn't subjected to abuse and cruelty in raising it.

You must see the vids (if you haven't already) to get a clear picture of what goes on in battery farms inshaAllah.

BTW, yesterday I was told by a local butcher that all baby chickens sold in the UK and halal shops are haram. He seemed to get a bit mad at me when I raised the 'battery farm' topic at the local supermarket. He said why don't you stop haram chickens being sold!

He said he tried but failed as no one took notice. :-\

syilla
03-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Fortunately, the Halal certificate-issuing authorities are beginning to recognise the wider implications of matters such as stunning. It is reassuring to note that the new Malaysian Standard for Halal, MS1500:2004 states that stunning is 'not recommended'. But this is just a step. However, one would hope that they begin to realise the potential power of the Halal standard that is in their hands.
source

Fatwa Decisions on Stunning
Method used in Halal
Slaughtering
The National Council of Islamic Affairs Malaysia has made a new decision on the Stunning method used in halal slaughtering. The decision is only the electrical stunning method is allowed. The parameter for the use of electrical stunning in terms of voltage and duration
should be in accordance with the requirement of Malaysia Standard MSI500: 2004 Halal Food – Products preparation, Handing and storage – General Guidelines (First Revision). The approval for the plants are pending until the stunning methods is changed from the pneumatic / mechanical to electrical stunning or not to use stunning at all immediately. The change must be verified by the recognized
Islamic body and endorsed by the Malaysian High Commission/Embassy and to notify the department of veterinary services Malaysian and Department of Islamic Development Malaysia by the respective competent veterinary authorities. The decision is effective from
24th November 2005.

Snowflake
03-19-2007, 10:16 AM
However, one would hope that they begin to realise the potential power of the Halal standard that is in their hands.
inshaAllah - nothing is impossible.

Sadly in the UK many halal meat suppliers are simply ignorant of islamic requirements of animal walfare. It's all about money.

Sorry, I can't rem if I mentioned this before. A muslim family we know purchased an abbotoir. She told my mother to recite the Kalimah before eating chicken. When my mother asked why, she told her that they've employed a non muslim to slaughter the chickens and taught him to recite the Kalimah. :heated:

Helena
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
isnt KFC haraam????...and i only get the chance too munch in Saudi arabia.....KFC is delicious there...

we have PFC, HFC, dixy, favourites, chicken hut,chicken bites, chicken village(erm cud b)...

am getting hungry.....

wots xfc?.......chacha jalebi....

Woodrow
03-19-2007, 04:59 PM

KFC is not much more then the buying the right to use the name. KFC does set some minimal standards to abide by in order to keep the franchise name, but the individual owner of each KFC franchise has much leeway in where and how they procure the Chickens. Hopefully in Muslim countries they are using halal sources.

NobleMuslimUK
03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I tried KFC in Pakistan, I must say I didnt like the KFC batter not spicy enough. I preffered Maccy's went there almost every two days to try something new on the menu. Then again why would you want western foods in muslim countries, the native foods are much better. The donner meat shawrma was unbeatable in Saudi. I enquired about the meat used in Pakistan someone told me it comes pre packed from South Africa and its halal.
Bottom line is, the local shabby hfc, xfc etc.. cannot be trusted either they use processed chicken since its cheaper. I also have my doubts about local meat shops, because of them one of my friends has turned vegetarian. Its sunnah to eat meat so I will not be turning vegetarian, also food without meat I dont know how people do it.
Another thing to look into is the cooking oil used by all these places including KFC and Maccy's, it contains trans-fats, these fats are dangerous because once they enter your system they dont leave, they just sit there and clog up arteries, they are also common for causing strokes in later age.

Kittygyal
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Salamualikum.
aha shame lol.

oh we have KFC, && dixy's aswel humm kewl

ma'assalama

Woodrow
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Do you know what is the second fastest animal on earth?

Ans. A Chicken

Do you know what is the fastest animal on earth?

Ans: Col. Sanders

Now back to the serious issue. The meat industry does need to be changed. Especialy in the Western world where meat has become a factory production instead of a farm animal. There is no excuse for bad treatment of livestock. We are what we eat. Why do we want to eat mistreated abused animals?

Because of the factory set up it is nearly impossible for us in Western Countries to know if we are getting truly halal meat.

I recently saw an expose about Kosher meat in the US and it is despicable as to what some unscrupulous people will label as Kosher. Just because a meat is labeled Kosher or Halal you can not be certain. This is a problem that is affecting both Jews and Muslims. For health reasons and for decency it is affecting all people.

H4RUN
03-19-2007, 07:58 PM
GOOO CHICKENS GO!

The above two celebs will participate in any rally or demo u wish to organise:D

Kittygyal
03-19-2007, 08:37 PM
salamualikum.
^ chicken run how childish :p
Ma'assalama

Snowflake
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
=Woodrow;689026]Do you know what is the second fastest animal on earth?

Ans. A Chicken
Shame they have nowhere to run to.. btw, I always thought Gazelles were the second fastest after Cheetahs. :?

Do you know what is the fastest animal on earth?
Ans: Col. Sanders
lol hands up! I don't get it :confused:

Now back to the serious issue. The meat industry does need to be changed. Especialy in the Western world where meat has become a factory production instead of a farm animal. There is no excuse for bad treatment of livestock. We are what we eat. Why do we want to eat mistreated abused animals

Right on! Since I've witnessed the horror of chicken farms, I can't even eat eggs let alone chicken. I know other animals suffer too, but chickens get it worse. The so-called 'free-range' chickens are too subjected to de-beaking. A process where their sensitive beaks are cut off with hot iron blades. It's like having your finger tips cut off. The pain lasts for weeks and sometimes unable to eat the poor chickens die of dehydration and starvation.

de-beaking to prevent chicken injuring themselves and each other when their minds go crazy.

This is a baby female chicken having the end of her beak cut off with the hot knife of the debeaking machine. This is extremely painful! Every human who eats an egg is helping this hand torture and mutilate another baby chicken.

Since male chicks are useless for egg-laying, they are bagged live into plastic bags and let to suffocate in dumpsters.

The lives of male chicks have no value to an egg farmer. In this photo, unwanted male chicks struggle to survive amid egg shells and garbage in a dumpster behind a hatchery for laying hens. They were just thrown out with the trash.

Egg-laying chickens who can no longer lay eggs are starved for four weeks to kick start their bodies into producing again. FOUR WEEKS!!!!!!

The poor chickens are crammed so close in cages that they can never lift one wing in their entire lives. They can never do the normal things like dust-bathing or foraging in the grass. They never feel the sun on their backs.

This poor hen has severe eye infection but it is ignored as it's cheaper to let it die than pay for veterinary care.

From what we have learned, eye infection seems to be quite common among battery hens. We believe that the major contributing factor is the ammonia gas coming from the manure coupled with the crowded unsanitary conditions.

This hen is suffering from a serious sinus infection. Without proper veterinary care, this condition will only get worse, and the chicken will continue to suffer until she dies. To allow this to happen is evil, and it shows us how depraved some humans can be.

Because the battery hens never get a chance to scratch the ground, as God intended them to do, their toe nails are not ground down. As a result they grow too large (see photo). This condition makes it both difficult and painful to even stand properly.

Laying hens are forced to stand every moment of every day on wire bottom cages which hurt their feet. When a cage mate dies, the live chickens will stand on top of the dead one to relieve the pain. From the condition of dead chicken, she has obviously been left in the cage for a long time.

The horrors don't end here... more cruelty exposed later.

Because of the factory set up it is nearly impossible for us in Western Countries to know if we are getting truly halal meat.
I am even beginning to doubt halal certified abbotoirs. I don't imagine these inspectors are able to fathom exactly what goes on their on their brief visits.

I recently saw an expose about Kosher meat in the US and it is despicable as to what some unscrupulous people will label as Kosher. Just because a meat is labeled Kosher or Halal you can not be certain. This is a problem that is affecting both Jews and Muslims. For health reasons and for decency it is affecting all people.
^Just like the lady who told my mother what is happening in her own abbotoir. I am sure there are others like that who will wave a 'HALAL' certificate under people's noses if they inquire.

But even if the meat is halal, there enough reasons to avoid it for the reasons you mentioned. Being health conscious and compassionate towards Allah's creatures is also part of being a muslim.

syilla
03-20-2007, 01:34 AM

The consumers play important role to be the eyes and the ears in making sure we are eating pure clean halal food. No matter how cunning they are in hiding the 'truth' but InshaAllah with the effort and cooperations from the consumers their activities will be transparent.

Here we have our own consumer group that is active in making sure that the products are really-really halal. Eventhough they did create alot of controversy especially with those big brands but all their effort and hard work really paid off.

WorThless
03-20-2007, 07:29 AM
If this is the case i have only one question to you all,

HOLY MAKKAH ,

MASHALLAH not even a non muslim can enter that city, KABBAH SUBHAN ALLAH i do pray to ALLAH that every one of you should go there, Well coming back to my question if this is the case then city like HOLY MAKKAH then the most precious holy place for us all is KABBAH just infront of the KABBAH's 1st door there is one KFC & Pizza Hut, I dont think so this all is real cause if it was then if they dont allow any non muslim in Makkah they should'nt have allowed KFC too and that to infront of BAB_E_IBRAHIM (KABBAH's Biggest n 1st Door),.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.