/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ways To Strengthen One's Memory...

youngsister
03-17-2007, 11:55 PM
:sl:
Iv come across this information which may help others to reduce their forgetfulness insha'Allah...

It is human nature to be forgetful, as the Arab poet said: “He is only called man (insân) because of his forgetfulness (nasiyân), and it is only called the heart (al-qalb) because it changes so rapidly (yataqallib).”

In the past they said that the first one to forget (awwal nâsin) was the first man (awwal al-nâs), meaning Adam, peace be upon him. Forgetfulness is something that varies from person to person according to each individual’s nature; some may be more forgetful than others. Some of the things that may help to combat forgetfulness are the following:

1. Keeping away from sin, because the bad effects of sin result in a bad memory and the inability to retain knowledge. The darkness of sin cannot co-exist with the light of knowledge. The following words were attributed to al-Shâfi‘î, may Allâh have mercy on him:

“I complained to [my shaykh] Wakî’ about my bad memory, and he taught me that I should keep away from sin. He said that knowledge of Allâh is light, and the light of Allâh is not given to the sinner.”

Al-Khatîb reported in al-Jâmi‘ (2/387) that Yahya ibn Yahya said: “A man asked Mâlik ibn Anas, ‘O Abu ‘Abd-Allâh! Is there anything that will improve my memory?’ He said, ‘If anything will improve it, it is giving up sin.’”

When a person commits a sin, it overwhelms him and this leads to anxiety and sorrow which keeps him busy thinking about what he has done. This dulls his senses and distracts him from many beneficial things, including seeking knowledge.

2. Frequently remembering Allâh, may He be glorified, by reciting dhikr, tasbîh (saying‘Subhan Allâh’), tahmîd (‘Al-hamdu Lillâh’ ), tahlîl (‘Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh’) and takbîr (‘Allâhu akbar’), etc. Allâh says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…And remember your Lord when you forget…” [al-Kahf 18:24]

3. Not eating too much, because eating too much makes one sleep too much and become lazy, and it dulls the senses, besides exposing one to the risk of physical diseases. Most of the diseases which we see result from food and drink.

4. Some of the scholars have mentioned certain foods which increase the memory, such as drinking honey and eating raisins and chewing certain kinds of gum resin.

Imâm al-Zuhrî said: “You should eat honey because it is good for the memory.” He also said: “Whoever wants to memorize hadîth should eat raisins.” (From al-Jâmi‘ by al-Khatîb, 2/394)

Ibrâhîm ibn [sth. omitted] said, “You should chew resin gum, because it is Ways To Strengthen One’s Memory"
As they mentioned, too much acidic food is one of the causes of laziness and weak memory.

5. Another thing that can help the memory and reduce forgetfulness is cupping (hijâmah) of the head, as is well known from experience. [/COLOR]
by Brother Yahya Adel Ibrahîm

Source used:
islamonline.net
Allah Almighty Knows Best
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I've heard that Black seeds and Olive oil are good for your memory (I think it's because they provide all the EFAs needed for proper brain development and function)

That said the required amount is 21 Black seeds and a tblspoon of Olive oil (10 ml)

Or 11 Black seeds and 5ml/1tsp Olive oil

Pk_#2
03-18-2007, 12:58 PM
AsalamuAlaykumWarahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Can someone explain hijamah pls?

jazakAllah btw :)

walaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

'Abd al-Baari
03-18-2007, 01:11 PM

I'm not too sure wheteter or not this is correct but i found this on a site

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All thanks and praise are due to Allah and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks for the confidence you have in us and we commend your keenness on getting acquainted with teachings of your religion.

Cupping means letting out bad blood that is beneath the skin as a kind of medical treatment. It was narrated from Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Healing is in three things: in the incision of the cupper, in drinking honey, and in cauterizing with fire, but I forbid my Ummah (nation) to use cauterization.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Responding to the question, Sheikh `Abdul-Majeed Subh, a prominent Azharite scholar, states the following:

“Bloodletting or cupping is a practice approved of by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) who used to pay amount of money for this therapeutic measure. Bloodletting is resorted to in treating headache. Some scholars adopt the view that when one makes cupping while he is fasting, the fast is broken for both the cupper and the person for whom it is done.”

Modern researches have culminated in the result that cupping is one of the most effective and safe therapeutic methods. It has proven effective for most of the contemporary illnesses. In addition, it represents a natural way of treatment that is free from side effects found in case of treatment with drugs. However, extreme measures of sterilization are to be taken so as to evade the slightest possibility of infection. This involves that the ware used in the process should be personal and used once.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) says, “How good the cupper who relieves the person from bad blood, dries up the swelling and makes sharper and brighter one’s eyesight.” (Reported by At-Tirmidhi)

It has been reported also that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has undergone bloodletting and paid for the cupper. The modern scientists have discovered that bloodletting can cure some types of heart diseases, blood problems and some types of liver diseases. When the lungs get congested due to decline in heart beating, when all means of medication such as dieresis, tying up of hands and legs to reduce the inflow of blood towards the heart fail, then letting blood out by the medical process in question may prove effective curing the decline in heart beating.

Moreover, in case of sudden increase in blood pressure which may be accompanied by semi comma condition, it is bloodletting that is needed. Some cases of liver diseases, such as liver damage which does not respond to other medication measures, can be cured by bloodletting. Some blood diseases such as increase in the quantity of the hemoglobin may require treatment by bloodletting so as to avoid any side effects. It is important to mention that the numbers of red cells increase with those who live in high mountainous areas where there is some shortage of oxygen. It may be caused also by high temperature in which state sweat glands begin action and this leads to the increase in the numbers of red cells. Therefore to restore the number of hemoglobin, bloodletting measure is adopted. No wonder thus that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) says: “ How good is medication by bloodletting.”

Excerpted, with modifications, from: Muhammad Kamil `Abdus-Samad’s “Scientific Miracles of Islam and Sunnah”

Hope its right :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
03-18-2007, 01:14 PM
sounds kinda scary.

I heard the prophet pbuh performed this, i just wanted to know how.

JazakAllah bro :)

'Abd al-Baari
03-18-2007, 01:52 PM

no probs

abu abdurrahman
03-18-2007, 02:05 PM

Found this question answered very well on islam-qa.

Question:
I would like to know when al hijama (cupping) began to be practiced according to the sunnah, and the manner in which it should be performed. Are there recommended times for one to have it done, or times that one should avoid cupping? We are hoping to begin this practice for sisters, and wish to make sure that we would be perfoming it strictly according the the sunnah of Rasool Allaah, sallalahu alaihi wa salaam.
Jazakum Allaahu kullu khairan.

(I would have cut and pasted the answer but in keeping with the rules and not wasting too much space i'll just post the link insha Allah)

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=cupping

hope it helps

HaYa-MiD gIrL
03-20-2007, 06:27 AM
thanx alot dear yong sister for this useful topic
may allah bless u
my regards

peacechaser
03-21-2007, 01:17 AM

Jazakallah sis, they are really logical indeed.

khadija_121
04-04-2007, 12:12 PM
i think using a miswak regularly also strengthens ur memory but im not entirely sure...

*~Sofia~*
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
:sl: youngsis,
thnx 4 sharing this info.. with exams cumming up some of these tips cud cum in handy.. yay! :D

jazakallah

*~Sofia~*
04-04-2007, 01:59 PM
oh yeh an i think eating nuts such as almonds also increases memory, and also reciting 'rabbi zidni ilma' which translates as ' O Allah increase my knowledge' (i think, forgiv me if im wrong)

zhijama
02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
www.zhijama.co.uk

hijama excellent for memory

syilla
04-29-2009, 05:36 AM
"I complained to Wakee` (one of Ash-Shafi`ee's teachers) about my poor memory. So he advised me to abandon disobedience, and he said, 'Know that knowledge is light. And the light of Allaah is not bestowed upon a disobedient.'"

ranscribed lecture/book of Shaykh `Uthaymeen, rahimahullaah, titled 'Differences of Opinions Amongst The Scholars

found in this forum

intelligent1965
05-08-2009, 07:17 AM

It is very important to have your eyesight checked to ensure you are not putting extra strain on your memory.

If you don't like spectacles you could try contact lenses. As I am an optician I know the importance of eyes, studying and memory.

---

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.