Malaikah
03-18-2007, 09:20 AM
:sl:

My monitor keeps making a funny buzzing sound every now and then.:blind:

Is that bad? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
03-18-2007, 09:25 AM
if it's not an LCD, just check if there's a sort of weird smell at the back of the "tube" coz i tmight mean the screen is about to die.

alternatively, maybe it's just that your mob is close to the screen? which generates that sound... (normallhy it's speakers that do that.. but could also be screen?) - esp if the screen has inbuilt spkrs..

try turning off ur screen for a fwe min and then put it on again -mk sure all connections are in firmly -... i remember it happened with one of the KK screens ages ago.

tc salams

Woodrow
03-18-2007, 09:32 AM

Bro. Lolwatever just said the most probable reasons.

Another possibility, but not likely would be if you have build in speakers on the the monitor. You could be picking up RF interference from something.

Malaikah
03-18-2007, 09:44 AM

it isn't because of my mobile... the mobile makes it do a different sound... plus my mobile isn't even next to it... it doesn't have speakers in it either.

its that kind of sound that feels like theres a ringing in your ears... its low and annoying... if you get what i mean

as long as it doesn't explode or cause me any injury...:offended:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
03-18-2007, 09:45 AM
possible but improbable lol. if there's fuzzy lines appearing on screen and stuff then its a smart thing to change it b4 it conks out

(i've never had the privilage of seeing a screen die.. so i don't know how fatal the process is lol)

can't go wrong wearing armour ;D

all the best salamz

Woodrow
03-18-2007, 09:46 AM
:w:

Just out of curiosity what make and model is the monitor. I want to check into some info about the cathode tube in it.

Malaikah
03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
as long as when it dies it doesn't take me with it. :offended:

theres no fuzzy lines or anything... just a sounds that comes and goes... not very often though.

i only started using this monitor the other day, because its flat screen and my other one wasn't. this is what happens when i take my bros advice.:rollseyes

Malaikah
03-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Woodrow, it is LG Flatron ez T710BH

lolwatever
03-18-2007, 09:54 AM
salams

if its still in warranty check with the company, if the sound keeps gettin louder then it deffo is about 2die.. atleast das wat happened with the screen i heard.

one thing, go to control panel, then display, then settings, then 'advanced' then 'Monitor' and tick the 'hide modes that monitor cant display' and make sure its around 60-75 hertz or watever the max is in the list. Try decreasing it and see if it helps.

coz assinging a higher frequency to yoru screen can be harmful and could possibly cause issues.

Also, is there like a 'source' button on ur screen? or some sort of 'auto' button? try pressing that,

hope that helps!

salams

PS: Flatscreens don't have cathode tubes so the brand might not b 2 much help :S

Woodrow
03-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Don't worry too much about what Brother Lolwatever said above. The blast from it would be very limited and would not destroy more then a few city blocks. The radiation would drop to a safe level in just a few decades.

Reality, unless you have a noticeable crack in the Safety glass that is on the front of the monitor the chances of it shattering is very minimal. Virtually non-existent.

lolwatever
03-18-2007, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Don't worry too much about what Brother Lolwatever said above. The blast from it would be very limited and would not destroy more then a few city blocks. The radiation would drop to a safe level in just a few decades.

Reality, unless you have a noticeable crack in the Safety glass that is on the front of the monitor the chances of it shattering is very minimal. Virtually non-existent.

:lol:

Malaikah
03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Safety glasses on.:thumbs_up At least my eyes will survive. :rollseyes

lolwatever, its on 60 Hz, and thats the lowest.:?

lolwatever
03-18-2007, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Safety glasses on.:thumbs_up At least my eyes will survive. :rollseyes

lolwatever, its on 60 Hz, and thats the lowest.:?
should be ok insh.. giv it a week and see what happens, if it gets too much louder, might hav 2 go bak 2 ur prev screen :confused: or wait and see what happens further down the track.

all the best

Woodrow
03-18-2007, 10:13 AM

The monitor has an excellent reputation. No safety issues have been noted. It is well made and one of the better choices on the market.

Here are full specs for the critter. I colored the important stuff red. You want to be certain your monitor settings are in that range.

CRTSize/Type : 17." (16.0" VIS) Flat Face
CRT TRANSMISSION : 52.8%
PHOSPHOR : P22, Medium Short Persistence
Display Size : 12.8" x 9.6" Full-Screen (325 mm x 244 mm)
Pixel Pitch (H/D) : 0.24mm x 0.20mm
Mask Type : Shadow Mask (INVAR)
Surface Treatment : Anti-Reflection, Anti-Glare and Anti-Static Coating
Maximum Resolution : 1280 x 1024/ 66 Hz
Recommended Resolution : 1024 x 768/85 Hz
Horizontal Frequency : 30 ~ 71 kHz
Vertical Frequency : 50 ~ 160 Hz
Pixel Frequency : 110 MHz
Sync Compability : Separate
Video Input : RGB Analog
Interface : 15 Pin-D sub
USB : No
Communication : DDC 2B
Mode (Preset/User) : 4 Preset / 26 User Mode
640*480 : 75 Hz
800*600 : 85 Hz
1024*768 : 85 Hz
Power Supply : 90~264 V/AC 47 ~ 63Hz
Power Consumption : Normal Operation ~ 73 watts
: Suspend/ Standby ~ 8 watts
: Power Off Mode ~ 5 watts
Type : Tact Type
Brightview : Normal/Text/Photo/Movie
Mode Brightness : Small Window: Normal: 160cd/m2 / Text,Photo: 220cd/m2 / Movie: 350 cd/m2
: ABL: Normal, Text, Photo, Movie: 120 cd/m2
Compatibility : PC & MAC Compatible
Button : Power(1)/OSD on,off(1)/Left-Right(2)/up-down(2)/Set(1)
OSD Controls : Brightness, contrast, horizontal/vertical position, colour temp, 9300K, 6500K, User, video level, language, OSD time, Degaussing, recall, reset, Moire reduction,Pincushion, Pin-Balance, Traperzoid, Parallelogram, Tilt, Top&Bottom Corner
Dimension (W x H x D) : Net: 400 x 401 x 411 mm
: Gross: 462 x 465 x 519 mm
Weight : Net: 15.5 kg / Gross: 18.1 kg
Stuffing : Individual : 275 (20 FT) / 575 (40FT)
Stand : Detachable, Tilt: Down 5/Up 15, Swivel : left 90, right 90
Safety/Regulation Compliance : UL, CSA, TUV-GS, SEMCO, FCC-B,CE,VCCI-2, TCO-99, MPR-II,DHHS, HWC, ROV, ISO9241-3,7,8, EPA Energy Star, GOST, C-TICK
Warranty : 3 Years Parts & Labour

UPC# : 719192165724

Malaikah
03-18-2007, 11:30 AM
wow, thanks Woodrow... could you explain what the red stuff means if you don't mind?:?

Woodrow
03-18-2007, 11:43 AM
The red stuff are the company recommendations of the highest settings for optimum performance. Those would be your monitor settings. The 60Hz you have it set on now should be fine. However as you can see if that does not solve your noise problem you can try going in the other direction, but no higher than 85.

You should keep your screen size as 1024x768

Malaikah
03-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Okay, I changed it to 1024x768... I'll see if that does anything inshaallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!