PDA

View Full Version : Muslimah in Niqaab assaulted



jello
03-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Salam

This is an email I received:

asalam alaikom

Dear all brothers and sisters,
I wear khimar and niqaab, that means i cover all of me with very wide clothes including my face, and i live in muslim country nowadays, but it s sad to say that yesterday i ve been attacked while i was going to buy some things, a young man just took me from my arm and shake me, ,,,I wonder if here in a muslim country and me being a respectable niqaabi woman married and mother, 37 years old, they dont respect me, so what i m supposed to do???
i m really scared, world is turning really bad these days, Rabbena yahdina, ameen

wa alaikom asalam wr wb

Amal
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
That's unacceptable.
Reply

SATalha
03-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Thats sad in a muslim country as well. These polz tried it wid a sister in our area....and well....aint sayin else
Reply

Pk_#2
03-18-2007, 01:28 PM
That's horrible :'(

May Allah protects us from such insults and assults.

Asataghfirullah! :(

Peace.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Beblessed
03-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Ameeeen ^ thats soo sad Ya Allah :(
Reply

'Abd al-Baari
03-18-2007, 01:57 PM
May Allah protects us from such insults and assults.
Ameen
Reply

Snowflake
03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Why doesn't that email ring true to me, i.e. this man just shook her? Why? What for? She didn't say. Maybe he was mentally ill :-\

P.S. Sorry if you know the sister personally.
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-18-2007, 02:17 PM
^ feeel the same, unreliable source.

May Allah forgive and protect the Ummah of Muhammed (saw)
Reply

S_87
03-18-2007, 03:14 PM
:sl:

i find non muslim men generally respect a woman in niqab more than muslim men :(
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
ahemm...'some' muslim men.
Reply

Irfan's Wife
03-18-2007, 03:56 PM
:raging: that is horrible,Astighfirullah
Reply

Tania
03-18-2007, 04:50 PM
May be it was only a confusion. The long clothes are not leaving men to identify correctly their woman quickly. I heard of a man who took in the plane his "wife" and only after few hours of flight when he tried to talk with she discovered the mistake - he took another woman. :-[
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
^^Ameen to the Dua's. Yea that makes sense Tania. Good point.
Reply

al Amaanah
03-18-2007, 07:51 PM
yeah Allahu a3lam. Allahumma hdina fi man hadait
Reply

Natural
03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
^ feeel the same, unreliable source.

May Allah forgive and protect the Ummah of Muhammed (saw)
I agree! I think some people just circulate fabricated emails to try to prove some point. The reliability and validity of the emails are often non-existant.

[BANANA]Use common sense[/BANANA]
Reply

S_87
03-18-2007, 08:24 PM
:sl:

^^^ this one in particular might be made up but it doesnt hide the fact that things like this do happen...
Reply

Snowflake
03-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Tania
May be it was only a confusion. The long clothes are not leaving men to identify correctly their woman quickly. I heard of a man who took in the plane his "wife" and only after few hours of flight when he tried to talk with she discovered the mistake - he took another woman. :-[
lol poor man! Yes there is a possibility of what you mentioned. My own grandmother (in nikab) was mistaken for a young woman and followed by a lecherous male who offered to carry her shopping. :X
Reply

Snowflake
03-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by amani
:sl:

^^^ this one in particular might be made up but it doesnt hide the fact that things like this do happen...
These things might happen, but then we have to think, "why?".

I know young women (in Pakistan) who leave the house with their niqabs down and lift them over their heads when they reach the shopping malls. They make eyes at men and behave flirtatiously, thus reducing the respect and haya aspect of nikab. No wonder some indecent men think that women in nikabs are just that "women in nikabs" and not pious women who are worthy of respect.
Reply

S_87
03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
:sl:

that could be a reason but i also think its lack of education as to the importance of respecting niqab. i know of many men who have the attitude that a woman wearing niqab is fine 'except she doesnt have to do it from me'.
Reply

HIJABI***
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
These things might happen, but then we have to think, "why?".

I know young women (in Pakistan) who leave the house with their niqabs down and lift them over their heads when they reach the shopping malls. They make eyes at men and behave flirtatiously, thus reducing the respect and haya aspect of nikab. No wonder some indecent men think that women in nikabs are just that "women in nikabs" and not pious women who are worthy of respect.

astaghfirullah thats shocking:raging: !!!
Reply

iqbal_soofi
03-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Natural
I agree! I think some people just circulate fabricated emails to try to prove some point. The reliability and validity of the emails are often non-existant.

[BANANA]Use common sense[/BANANA]
Why do you stress that such incident can never happen in a Muslim country? There're in fact more street crimes in our country than in the civilized countries. In Muslim countries these days, parents give more stress on the teachings of Islamic fundamentals than on the teaching of civilized behavior. Ladies are not very much respected in the streets and bazars. Some men in the street keep using using fowl language loudly or scractch their private parts in public ignoring the presence of ladies. Some men even try to attack ladies when they find them in lonely places. Snatching purses and jewlery has become a day to day crime.

I don't know on what basis some people try to prove that this is a lie. This is how many criminals get away with their crimes exploiting the name of Islam even when they're caught red handed.
Reply

iqbal_soofi
03-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by amani
:sl:

that could be a reason but i also think its lack of education as to the importance of respecting niqab. i know of many men who have the attitude that a woman wearing niqab is fine 'except she doesnt have to do it from me'.
All ladies should be respected in any case. Our mothers, sisters and daughters are also ladies who have to go out with or without niqab. After all this society is their society as much as it's ours. If we don't respect all the ladies in general, then how could we expect that our mothers, sisters and daughters would be respected when they go out alone.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 06:59 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!