/* */

PDA

View Full Version : never been so confused.

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I have kept all of this bottled up for some time and the topic 'hiding' is what inspired me to come out and post this topic.

I am a non-muslim who has been learning about Islam since late last year. I came to Islam with one question and only one question, I didn't intend to become interested and now I feel like this interest is slowly progressing into a genuine desire to convert but the thing is I'm not sure if it is or not, like since learning about Islam I feel that it's a way of life that suits me. It's all tied up, no loose ends, everything makes sense, and most things have an answer.

Much like the person who posted 'hiding' I wouldn't know where to begin trying to explain this to my friends and family.
If I do convert, it won't be for a while yet but I feel like I should be prepared for what at the moment seems like the inevitable.

If you know who I am from this post, please keep it to yourself.:thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
03-18-2007, 02:30 PM
If you know who I am from this post, please keep it to yourself.
don't have a clue who you are.

DAWUD_adnan
03-18-2007, 02:38 PM
May Allah( One True God) Guide you Ameen...

MuslimWays
03-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Try not too worry too much about what explaining yourself to friends and family... if they are true friends they will understand and a loving family will accept your decision.

Also by portraying this beautiful way will convince others to follow (if Allah wills).

May Allah make it easy for you.

Just remember, life is a test.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-18-2007, 02:52 PM
If "everything makes sense" why wait?? whenever you do convert/revert you'll have to face up to family and friends whether it's now or later. Family and friends should respect your decisions.

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
If "everything makes sense" why wait?? whenever you do convert/revert you'll have to face up to family and friends whether it's now or later. Family and friends should respect your decisions.
I hear exactly what you’re saying. I guess it’s all nerves.
But then there’s the feeling converting could be a mistake, but coupled with that is the feeling that not converting as soon as I can could be a bigger mistake.
I would also like my family and friends to know beforehand. I know my family will stand by me, or at least I hope they do. Same goes with my friends, although I’m confident at least a few of them will want nothing to do with me when they find out.

'Abd al-Baari
03-18-2007, 03:08 PM
although I’m confident at least a few of them will want nothing to do with me when they find out.
If they really are true friends then they will respect your decissions.
Allah knows best

May Allah swt guide you to the true path

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
If they really are true friends then they will respect your decissions.
Allah knows best
I know, but to be honest, I sometimes question the sincerity of the friends I was referring to when I said that.

DAWUD_adnan
03-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Remember that if you remember Allah He will remember and Love you, do not mind what others say, Allah!..., He is that Ultimate Truth, the First and Last. they will never harm you, unless Allah hath set it so, but only by way of test will it be thus, to see wether you would truly Love Allah and Serve Him as you are his Servant even through hardships, make Allah Proud and tell everyone .... He is All Seeing, Allah!.. All-Knowing, remember it has been said of before that he who mentions Allah in a gathering Allah will mention him in a Greater Gathering, and he whom Allah Loves, He will let the Angels, and All of Creation love him...

[020.130] Therefore be patient with what they say, and celebrate (constantly) the praises of thy Lord, before the rising of the sun, and before its setting; yea, celebrate them for part of the hours of the night, and at the sides of the day: that thou mayest have (spiritual) joy.

Al-Qur'an, 020.130 (Ta-Ha [Mystic letters Ta-Ha])

Umar001
03-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I am currently talking to one guy, a hindu born guy, brought with tose beliefs, he went into other religions and now is wanting to be a muslim, over a month, I look after a shop and on mondays he comes in, every week, we talk, he agrees, nothing is stopping him, yet he doesnt become Muslim, another week, we do the same, he doesnt become Muslim, and so on, and one week he will die, and whether he'd be muslim only God knows, but I hope he becomes before that.

I took ages to become Muslim, I mean after I was certain, it took me ages. I know how it is, I dont know if am allowed to mention it, but two people who become Muslim here went throgh the same thing, one of them sounded very like you, we spoke about it and the family and friends and this and that of course its hard, I had the same thing.

Maybe you should talk to Muslims who have been through it exactly, at least they'll be able to give you an insight. Insha'Allah.

Anyhow, Eesa.

Umar001
03-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I was gonna add, about the tittle.

You know what, all four, meaning the two people on here, me and the guy who comes to the shop.

All of us four have never been so sure in anything else in our lives, yet, at the same time, we were so confused. Sounds so wierd, but those who have been through it understand what I mean.

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the great post, Al Habeshi. :D
I guess this could be one of those things that it’s really hard to understand unless you’ve been there.
I know someday soon I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and just go for it.

- Qatada -
03-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Remember Anonymous, with the help of Allaah you can overcome anything. And if you face any difficulty or opposition - remember that others too are also being trialled by Allaah in ways which we can't even imagine. That is because this world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the disbeliever, and little does the believer know what Allaah has kept hidden for His servants who submit to Him in Paradise. :)

You can take your time, do it when you feel it's right. Yet at the same time keep remembering that death is real, and this temporary joy of life will pass by and end sooner or later.

The Messenger of Allaah said:

'If anyone seeks the pleasure of people at the expense of the wrath of Allah, Allah will entrust him to them until the one who praised him becomes his critic. If anyone seeks the pleasure of Allah at the expense of people, Allah will be enough for him against them.'" i think its narrated in Ibn Hibban.

We all are tested, even the disbelievers will face hardship in this life.

Verily We have created man into toil and struggle. [Qur'an 90:4]

But the reason why the believers are of a higher class in the sight of Allaah is because they face this hardship in order to come closer to their Creator, their Provider. And any hardship that comes in the way makes the believer stronger, whereas it makes the disbeliever more impatient and angry.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said that Allaah Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

[Recorded in Bukhari]

Know that no-one can harm you or benefit you except by Allaah's leave. And know that anything you face for the sake of Allaah will be a source of reward and forgiveness from your Lord, in this world and the hereafter.

Even if the world turns against you, if you remember Allaah - He is remembering you:

Therefore remember Me, I will remember you. Give thanks to Me, and reject not Me. [Qur'an 2:152]

The life of the disbelievers is always in a state of confusion, fear (of death which can overcome anyone at anytime), and feeling restricted. Allaah makes life easy for the believers in this world and the hereafter. Even if they face opposition. The believer feels a sense of tranquility, joy, and ease because everything is from Allaah, so they place their trust in Him alone, knowing that He will grant them ease after hardship.

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief. [Qur'an 94:6]

I hope you make the right decision, and in the end the return is to Allaah - whether we deny it or accept it, it is a promise from your Lord. The One who gives us life, the One who provides for us, then He causes us to die and brings us back to life again, the same way He revives the dead earth back to life by sending down rain.

vpb
03-18-2007, 03:52 PM
And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.
subhanallah, what a powerfull statement. this shows how much Allah swt loves us. How powerfull he is, and yet He is the one who come to us at speed, just because we go to him walking. :(

subhanallah.

abu abdurrahman
03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
May Allah guide you to the truth, ameen

Those that have been through it will understand where your coming from. They've made their decisions and taken the steps that you think and feel you want to.
You also said something VERY important that NOT converting as soon as you can could be a bigger mistake. This is the bigger picture you should, and obviously you have been looking at.

Just something I read which is interesting and linked with looking at the bigger picture is that when a non muslim lady asked a muslim sister who was wearing the full islamic dress: "aren't you hot in that thing...?", the sister replied "the fire of Hell is hotter"

Umar001
03-18-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
Thanks for the great post, Al Habeshi. :D
I guess this could be one of those things that it’s really hard to understand unless you’ve been there.
I know someday soon I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and just go for it.
Well dude or dudette, if you ever wanna just ask for anything or about anything or just want to share family things and so on then feel free to pm moi. I think sometimes talking can help alot, some people feel ok just talking to God others do that and also like to share it with someone else too.

Skywalker
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Everyone's afraid of change, anon. Nobody wants things to change...most people are in that place in their lives where they feel more or less comfortable, or are on a path that they see that will ultimately lead them to comfort.

For you, you have two paths in front of you. One is your original path, your life before Islam and the future that it could've held, and the other is your life with Islam in it... the strange, new, yet wonderful path.

The choice is yours alone... but don't think of it as a really big choice. Try to sample the Islamic life before deciding whether it's your thing or not. Try praying once and see how it feels. Try fasting for a day (maybe a monday or a thursday) and see how that goes. You could even do what a friend of mine did once and ask God himself if Islam is the thing for you...

I know what you mean when you say that everything in Islam makes sense...I've been there. And I'm still there now alhamdulilah. May Allah guide you to the truth, and may He give you the will and the courage to take a step towards Him.

rubiesand
03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Salam Anon,

I think in the end you will have to be true to your innermost convictions. When you do that, you will find it brings you peace. When you have that peace, things which now seem daunting become easy.

syilla
03-19-2007, 02:13 AM
MashaAllah you'll be in my dua....

InshaAllah....one day it'll be as clear as a crystal.

جوري
03-19-2007, 04:24 AM
...... May Allah Guide you to the path of the righteous Anon.... I don't think anyone can know what you are going through except those who have shared in the reverting experience... but I admire everyone who comes to this great religion on their own especially during this time... makes my heart so warm--... Let only G-D be your guide -- not other people... just listen to your inner self for now!
وَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللّهِ وَكَفَى بِاللّهِ وَكِيلاً {81}

[Pickthal 4:81] ---and put thy trust in Allah. Allah is sufficient as Trustee.

I love this verse...and I'll end by quoting it......

وَقُل رَّبِّ أَدْخِلْنِي مُدْخَلَ صِدْقٍ وَأَخْرِجْنِي مُخْرَجَ صِدْقٍ وَاجْعَل لِّي مِن لَّدُنكَ سُلْطَانًا نَّصِيرًا {80}
[Pickthal 17:80] Say: "O my Lord! let my entry be by the Gate of Truth and Honour, and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honour; and grant me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me)."
."

:w:

AnonymousPoster
03-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Firstly I would like to thank everybody for the replies, I know a lot of thought has been put into them all. All are very much appreciated!!! :D
format_quote Originally Posted by abu abdurrahman
You also said something VERY important that NOT converting as soon as you can could be a bigger mistake. This is the bigger picture you should, and obviously you have been looking at.
Of course. For all I know right now tomorrow I could be hit by a bus, not a pleasant though, nor is it all hat likely, but there is always that off chance. If there is some event that occurs before conversion I know I will die in regret thinking ‘why didn’t I just tell people!?’
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Well dude or dudette, if you ever wanna just ask for anything or about anything or just want to share family things and so on then feel free to pm moi. I think sometimes talking can help alot, some people feel ok just talking to God others do that and also like to share it with someone else too.
Thank you, Al Habeshi. I will keep that in mind! :D
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
The choice is yours alone... but don't think of it as a really big choice. Try to sample the Islamic life before deciding whether it's your thing or not. Try praying once and see how it feels. Try fasting for a day (maybe a monday or a thursday) and see how that goes. You could even do what a friend of mine did once and ask God himself if Islam is the thing for you...
After reading your post I have decided that I will fast this Thursday. I have been praying, but I don’t think I have things under control in that respect just yet. I will get on top of all of the flaws in my prayers really soon. InshaAllah.

Woodrow
03-19-2007, 05:17 AM
It took me a very long time to revert. Now I sometimes wonder why I wasted so many years. hopefully you will not have to look back at wasted years.

syilla
03-19-2007, 05:20 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...26-hiding.html

he is having the same problem too....

erm...everyone else is giving great advise....so i'll wait for their advises :hiding:

Eric H
03-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Anonymous Tester;

On its own belief in God is fairly meaningless.

To have faith in God you have to do something.

In the spirit of striving for a greater faith

Eric

Woodrow
03-19-2007, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Anonymous Tester;

On its own belief in God is fairly meaningless.

In the spirit of striving for a greater faith

Eric

Quite wonderful words. These words

are often overlooked.

Thanks for the reminder.

AnonymousPoster
03-19-2007, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It took me a very long time to revert. Now I sometimes wonder why I wasted so many years. hopefully you will not have to look back at wasted years.
It seems to be the norm that people, who know they want to revert have a period of secrecy.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-19-2007, 10:50 AM
It seems to be the norm that people, who know they want to revert have a period of secrecy.
be unique!!! be brave!

bust out with your imaan (faith) at full strength :D

i hope you get to the highest ranks of heaven :)

AnonymousPoster
03-19-2007, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
be unique!!! be brave!

bust out with your imaan (faith) at full strength :D

i hope you get to the highest ranks of heaven :)
Thanks!!! :D

I have always tried to be me, hold nothing back, no secrets, but this is the hardest thing I think I have ever had to face, and it's like I can't help but hold it back, out of fear alone. No matter how much I don't want to. But, for my own sake I want to get to the conclusion of this chapter as fast as I can!

duskiness
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM

Much like the person who posted 'hiding' I wouldn't know where to begin trying to explain this to my friends and family.
If I do convert, it won't be for a while yet but I feel like I should be prepared for what at the moment seems like the inevitable.
I don't know to what extend your interest in Islam is a secret to your family and friends...but maybe try policy o little steps? Like living books about Islam in the place when they can see them or trying to start discussion over lunch about it ("Islam and terrorism" that is very popular subject ;) ). So that they could see where are you going and soften possible shock.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
i hope you'll find your peace

AnonymousPoster
03-19-2007, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
I don't know to what extend your interest in Islam is a secret to your family and friends...but maybe try policy o little steps? Like living books about Islam in the place when they can see them or trying to start discussion over lunch about it ("Islam and terrorism" that is very popular subject ;) ). So that they could see where are you going and soften possible shock.
My interest, is no secret among most of my family and friends. It seems one friend has gone out of his way to assure himself that I won't be converting anytime soon, and he seems to be the type who will get into the ears of most of my other friends, he has also made it quite obvious how he stands on religion in general. But, I thought he would know me a lot better than he clearly does. I'm not the type to push personal beliefs or preach, yet he seems to have this fear of me believing in something. On more than one occasion my Mom has called the interest a phase, which I know it isn't. Another one of my friends reaction was priceless when he found out I have an English translation of the Qur'an. I told him I wasn't planning on converting (when he inquired) and I feel terrible about lying like that!!! But at the time it felt like the only move I could make.
Then again, I do know a few friends who will be extremely tolerant of such a change, even supportive, yet for some reason I still can't bring myself to tell them. I think it's the fear of my other friends finding out.

vpb
03-19-2007, 01:42 PM
what kind of friends would they be if they get mad to u just because u choose something?

Ashley
03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
i have been through exactly the same as you have, i wasnt so sure at first i kept asking questions making sure islam was what i wanted ,making sure i wasnt making a mistake, then when i was sure ,i wanted to become a muslim as soon as possible, i was worst than you ,my father hated muslims cuz he thought they were terrorist and my friends too , were i lived ther werent much muslims but thank god i found a sister who helped me alot here. then when i told my family they werent exactly over joyed of course but they was nothing they could do, and they loved me so they supported me in my decision whether they liked it or not ,and thank allah they are oki now alright with my being a muslim. i lost some friends on the why but i found my true identity, Islam. God won't abondone you as long as you your doing whats right , and for good intentions.

vpb
03-19-2007, 07:07 PM
i lost some friends on the why but i found my true identity, Islam.
sis, you didn't lose those friends, you actually got saved from being under pressure from people who didn't want you to find that true identity :).

Angel
03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
sis, you didn't lose those friends, you actually got saved from being under pressure from people who didn't want you to find that true identity :).
bro is right Ashley they never were ur freinds you shud be happy ur nt friends wit dem no more cuz they nevr were tru friends, real freinds stik by u no mater wah:)

AnonymousPoster
03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
what kind of friends would they be if they get mad to u just because u choose something?
very good point.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashley
i have been through exactly the same as you have, i wasnt so sure at first i kept asking questions making sure islam was what i wanted ,making sure i wasnt making a mistake, then when i was sure ,i wanted to become a muslim as soon as possible, i was worst than you ,my father hated muslims cuz he thought they were terrorist and my friends too , were i lived ther werent much muslims but thank god i found a sister who helped me alot here. then when i told my family they werent exactly over joyed of course but they was nothing they could do, and they loved me so they supported me in my decision whether they liked it or not ,and thank allah they are oki now alright with my being a muslim. i lost some friends on the why but i found my true identity, Islam. God won't abondone you as long as you your doing whats right , and for good intentions.
:D thanks so much for that!
sorry to hear that you lost some of your friends, but it's great to hear that you had the stregnth to be who you truely wanted to be!
Where I live there is no Muslim community, that I know of. The nearest Mosque is about an hours drive away, and I am never that far away from home alone, I have no way of getting there alone. I'll have my drivers liscence around September inshaAllah.
I don't know any Muslims in person. :(

AnonymousPoster
03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
If they dont agree with you converting than it will show what kid of friends they are.. They aint real friends.

friends are always there for you. no matter what you do...If they reject you. than inshallah allah will bless you with better friends.. .

AnonymousPoster
03-21-2007, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
If they dont agree with you converting than it will show what kid of friends they are.. They aint real friends.
Can I just point out, it’s not all of my friends, I also have friends who I know are going to be there for me. It’s just a select few that are worrying me.
Also, I don’t believe what I heard today!!!!!!! I’m pretty open about my interest in Islam, as I said before. Anyway, so a few days ago I had my Qur’an (English translation) at school and I let one of the friends that I know will be supportive flick through it. MashAllah! Today, he told me he’s gone out and got his own copy.

Tomorrow is Thursday and I plan on fasting InshaAllah. Wish me luck.

syilla
03-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Can I just point out, it’s not all of my friends, I also have friends who I know are going to be there for me. It’s just a select few that are worrying me.
Also, I don’t believe what I heard today!!!!!!! I’m pretty open about my interest in Islam, as I said before. Anyway, so a few days ago I had my Qur’an (English translation) at school and I let one of the friends that I know will be supportive flick through it. MashAllah! Today, he told me he’s gone out and got his own copy.

MashaAllah...is nice to hear that he is learning too.

invite him to come here...that'll be wonderful

Umm Yoosuf
03-21-2007, 08:51 AM

Masha Allah.

Make du'a (supplication) ask Allah to guide you to the Truth. To help you distinct the wrong from the right and the right from the wrong. Insha Allah (God-Willing) things will go well for you :)

AnonymousPoster
03-21-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
MashaAllah...is nice to hear that he is learning too.

invite him to come here...that'll be wonderful
I'll try to get him here! :D
But seriously, when he said he got a copy of the Qur'an I was like "That's sooo good!". It felt awesome knowing I played a part in it.

syilla
03-22-2007, 02:35 AM
I'll try to get him here! :D
But seriously, when he said he got a copy of the Qur'an I was like "That's sooo good!". It felt awesome knowing I played a part in it.
check out my last post in this thread...a very nice story to share. :statisfie

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...s-here-11.html

AnonymousPoster
03-22-2007, 04:56 AM
thanks for the link syilla.
It's Thursday afternoon where I am and I have fasted (Successfully Alhamdillilah) today and have two questions.

Does drinking break a fast? (I haven't yet, I'm just wondering.)
Do I eat again as the sun is setting or after it has set?

siFilam
03-22-2007, 05:26 AM
:salamext:
Masahallah I've read through some of the posts and they are really great advice.:thumbs_up
If may add, if you read the stories the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) of our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him), you'll see how much they suffered. Many left their comfortable lifestyle, like MUS'AB IBN `UMAIR, (may Allah be pleased with him) and others were kicked out of their family. They were willing to endure the separation from their family because they tasted the sweetness of Iman. Thus Allah, The Most Exalted made it easy for them to make more sacrifices. But in return the reward is beyond our imagination. They understood that true happiness, peace and contentment comes from the Creator, not the creation. we depend too much on our friends and family to stand by our side and sometimes this makes us blind. My point is seek acceptance from the Creator by submitting to Him. If He will, by His Mercy, He will make it easy for you.
I hope this help. May Allah, The Most Merciful, make it easy for you.
wsalam
-SI-

AnonymousPoster
03-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Thankyou siFilam!!! It did help. :)

fasting went well today! I steered clear of drinking too because i wasn't sure i also waited until after the sun had set.

toure
03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
It's not an easy thing to do, I am sure you love your family and friends. I had a Roman Catholic background, when I converted it was strictly a decision of faith in Allah. I had to realize my family and friends were never going to approve or be happy with me regardless to how I buttered them up. I had to fear Allah only and join the ranks of the believers here and the international family of Muslims . It's as simple as that, but I know how you feel.
salaam

Grace Seeker
03-22-2007, 04:49 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with the concept you have stated, yet we all know that people can be that way. Are there not Muslim families who go so far as to actually reject (and sometimes worse) a child who converts from Islam to something else? Anonymous simply has to decide for him/herself whether it is a relationship with Allah or a relationship with people that is going to come first in his/her life, as do us all.

syilla
03-23-2007, 01:14 AM
thanks for the link syilla.
It's Thursday afternoon where I am and I have fasted (Successfully Alhamdillilah) today and have two questions.

yeah...drink break the fast and some other stuff too...i'll find the thread for you...:statisfie

I think maghrib is after its has set or maybe i'm wrong..:exhausted
anyoneee please help me!! :X

Some information on fasting...
http://www.islamicboard.com/ramadan-...amadhan-q.html

AnonymousPoster
03-23-2007, 05:41 AM
thank you for that, syilla. Good to know that I didn't break fast.

Guys something not so good happened last night. I had fasted all day and after the sun had set I ate and drank. then I went to my bedroom at about 8:30PM and i think i passed out. I came to very dizzy sometime between 9-10PM. :(

Was this because I ate and drank so much so suddenly?
Can anyone offer any tips for future fasts?

- Qatada -
03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Hey :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Anon Tester

Yeah drinking breaks the fast, but remember that you're only practising so don't put too much pressure on yourself, and because its just a practise - then you might want to break it if you feel any harm.

The scholar on IslamQA said:

Rather it is makrooh [disliked] for one who is sick to fast if fasting is too difficult for him. His fasting may be haraam [forbidden] if there is the fear that he may be harmed because of fasting.
http://www.islamqa.com/special/index...ng&subsite=184

The fast should be broken at the time when the sun sets, i.e. maghrib. There may be calendars which you may find in the local Masjid which specifically mention what time the sun sets, time for prayers. :)

Here's a good link which gives tips on fasting:

Practical Tips in Preparation for Ramadan
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503549116

If you need anymore info, or more specific info - please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Regards.

MustafaMc
03-23-2007, 08:03 AM
It seems one friend has gone out of his way to assure himself that I won't be converting anytime soon, and he seems to be the type who will get into the ears of most of my other friends, he has also made it quite obvious how he stands on religion in general. But, I thought he would know me a lot better than he clearly does.
I can relate to your hesitation, but, if you believe in life after death and the Judgement Day, you will realize that your true friends are only those who help you towards the ultimate good. Ask yourself how you would respond to the question on that Day, "Why did you not profess faith in the One God and follow His final messenger, Muhammad (pbuh)?" Remember we are not promised tomorrow or even another hour or minute.

Did you know that the first Muslims practiced Islam in secret for some time? The important thing is your faith, to profess your faith to another, and to practice Islam to the fullest extent that you are capable.

AnonymousPoster
03-23-2007, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Yeah drinking breaks the fast, but remember that you're only practising so don't put too much pressure on yourself, and because its just a practise - then you might want to break it if you feel any harm.
True. I guess I just thought since it was my first fast I really wanted to do it properly.
The fast should be broken at the time when the sun sets, i.e. maghrib. There may be calendars which you may find in the local Masjid which specifically mention what time the sun sets, time for prayers. :)
Thanks for clarifying that.
I can't get to my nearest Masjid, alone at least as it is so far away. But me and one of my "to be supportive" friends as I have called them are heading in the direction for the day in a week or two, so it's the perfect oppotunity for me to visit a Masjid I think.
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Remember we are not promised tomorrow or even another hour or minute.
I've been keeping that in mind as much as I can! :)

- Qatada -
03-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Atleast it shows your dedication! :) I hope you get to visit the Masjid and i hope you have a good time/experience there. Just remember to pray to God to guide you, and us all on the straight path forever.

AnonymousPoster
03-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Atleast it shows your dedication! :)
:D
I hope you get to visit the Masjid and i hope you have a good time/experience there.
Same. InshaAllah.
Just remember to pray to God to guide you, and us all on the straight path forever.
I will. :)

- Qatada -
03-24-2007, 03:11 PM
lol thats kool, praise be to Allaah.

You know when you fasted, was it a really hot summers day, or is it cold where you're located at?

MustafaMc
03-25-2007, 12:32 AM
It seems to me that your faith is already in the Oneness of Allah. Masha Allah - It is as Allah has willed!

I don't know what country you live in, but becoming a Muslim in USA is not an easy decision to make. However, I believe that it is a journey worth taking.

Even after professing that there is only One God and that Muhammad is His Messenger, it is difficult to practice Islam in the West. I encourage you to read as much as possible to increase your knowledge and faith. If you decide to become a Muslim, try to find a Muslim friend that will be patient with your early learning phase.

AnonymousPoster
03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
You know when you fasted, was it a really hot summers day, or is it cold where you're located at?
It's summer here.
I don't know what country you live in, but becoming a Muslim in USA is not an easy decision to make. However, I believe that it is a journey worth taking.
I think it will be the same where I am.:laugh:
If you decide to become a Muslim, try to find a Muslim friend that will be patient with your early learning phase.
This will probably be difficult. :( But I will try!!

syilla
03-25-2007, 12:56 AM
thank you for that, syilla. Good to know that I didn't break fast.

Guys something not so good happened last night. I had fasted all day and after the sun had set I ate and drank. then I went to my bedroom at about 8:30PM and i think i passed out. I came to very dizzy sometime between 9-10PM. :(

Was this because I ate and drank so much so suddenly?
Can anyone offer any tips for future fasts?
Usually we break fast (or some times we call it iftar) when we hear calling for prayer (adhan Maghrib). Usually we eat about 15 minutes...then we have to go for Maghrib and Isha' prayer. After that we can continue to eat or drink (if you still have not enough :exhausted)

Did u know that we eat breakfast (sahoor) before we fast???

I love your dedication :thumbs_up :thumbs_up May Allah help u all the way.

AnonymousPoster
03-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Usually we break fast (or some times we call it iftar) when we hear calling for prayer (adhan Maghrib). Usually we eat about 15 minutes...then we have to go for Maghrib and Isha' prayer. After that we can continue to eat or drink (if you still have not enough:exhausted )
Oh. Thanks for that! :)
Did u know that we eat breakfast (sahoor) before we fast???
I did. But I (stupidly) didn't. :(
I love your dedication :thumbs_up :thumbs_up May Allah help u all the way.
Same to you!! :D

AnonymousPoster
03-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Alhumdilillah! The cat's out of the bag! :D
I told one of my friends. She is being so awesome about it!!!

- Qatada -
03-26-2007, 04:25 PM
lol the praise is for Allaah, what did your mate say? :)

AnonymousPoster
03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
She said that she thought it was really cool that I've found something to believe in. (she is a practising Christian)
I trust her a lot, and I'm confident she won't tell anyone, and I knew I had to tell someone.

- Qatada -
03-26-2007, 04:39 PM
That's kool. :) May Allaah make the path to His Paradise easy for you, and us all ameen. You got anymore questions which you might need clarifying on? :)

AnonymousPoster
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks, but at the moment I can't think of any.. :)

- Qatada -
03-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Alright, :) you ever tried fasting after that day? :p

AnonymousPoster
03-26-2007, 04:50 PM
heheh. Not yet. But don't think that has scared me away from fasting!!! :)

- Qatada -
03-26-2007, 04:53 PM
When you planning on taking the shahadah? :)

AnonymousPoster
03-26-2007, 04:55 PM
As soon as I can find at least one Muslim to witness it.

Umm Yoosuf
03-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Hiya

I can't but help smiling. Your dedication is really inspiring to us. May Allah make this path easy for you :)

- Qatada -
03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
As soon as I can find at least one Muslim to witness it.

You don't need any witnesses to declare your shahadah. :)
In order for a person to become Muslim, it is not essential for him to declare his Islam before anyone. Islam is a matter that is between a person and his Lord, may He be blessed and exalted. If he asks people to bear witness to his Islam so that it may be documented among his personal documents, there is nothing wrong with that, but it should be done without making that a condition of his Islam being valid.
Check this out:
http://www.islam-qa.com/special/inde...site=12&ln=eng

جوري
03-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Allahu akbar... I so needed to read this....

about fasting-- I find that when you start out it is difficult.. after a while you don't even think about it...if you have a late sihoor right before fajr with coffee, and then breaking your fast at sunset-- you really will notice no difference once in the throws of it...

May you always stand firm on the right path Ameen

Grace Seeker
03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
She said that she thought it was really cool that I've found something to believe in. (she is a practising Christian)
I trust her a lot, and I'm confident she won't tell anyone, and I knew I had to tell someone.
This Christian too has joy for you that you may walk in a humble relationship with God, submitting to his will in and for your life all your days from this one forward.

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Hiya

I can't but help smiling. Your dedication is really inspiring to us. May Allah make this path easy for you
Thanks, Al-Mu'minah!!!! :D
Reading that put a huge smile on my face. :lol:
You don't need any witnesses to declare your shahadah. :)

In order for a person to become Muslim, it is not essential for him to declare his Islam before anyone. Islam is a matter that is between a person and his Lord, may He be blessed and exalted. If he asks people to bear witness to his Islam so that it may be documented among his personal documents, there is nothing wrong with that, but it should be done without making that a condition of his Islam being valid.
I know you don’t need a witness, I guess I’d just prefer it if there was..Is it possible to revert twice, so to speak? I know one can say the shahadah more than once, but would it be possible for me to do it alone, and then again with a witness later on?
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
about fasting-- I find that when you start out it is difficult.. after a while you don't even think about it...if you have a late sihoor right before fajr with coffee, and then breaking your fast at sunset-- you really will notice no difference once in the throws of it...
Good to know!! :D Thankyou for that.
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
This Christian too has joy for you that you may walk in a humble relationship with God, submitting to his will in and for your life all your days from this one forward.
:)

- Qatada -
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Sure you can, i think just reciting it once may be better in a way just incase you pass away, because islaam is about belief and also actions.. and then you can recite it in public also. What you feel is the best. :)

Regards.

AnonymousPoster
03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Sure you can, i think just reciting it once may be better in a way just incase you pass away, because islaam is about belief and also actions.. and then you can recite it in public also. What you feel is the best. :)

Regards.
Umm, I don't exactly know how to say this so I'm just gonna say it! :lol:
MashAllah, I did it, alone. I will be doing it again eventually, with a witness InshaAllah.
I know I'm gonna make a lot of mistakes to begin with :cry: . But it feels awesome now that it's done! :D
Is it okay for me to keep this from my family and freinds for now, though?

- Qatada -
03-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow kool! Praise be to Allaah. :) Just to go over it again, it's:

Ash hadu an laaa illaaha illAllaah, Muhammadur - Rasool Allaah.

I bear witness there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, (and) Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allaah.

Inshaa Allaah that is the right way to say it. Do you want to make a new thread so the brothers and sisters on the forum know of your reversion? Do it only if you want to.

And no - you don't have to mention it to your family and friends until you feel it's best, we know from the lives of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah that they would hide it out of fear of persecution etc. So do it when you feel its best. :)

I'm really proud of ya! :D :) i hope Allaah makes the path to paradise easy for you and all the muslims, ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2007, 03:49 PM

ALLAHU AKBAR :D :D

Welcome to Islam !
Islamicboard is here to support you all the way inshaAllah :) if you ever need help just come and ask us !

Alhamdulillah

May Allah grant you Jannatul firdaus you sinless angel, subhanAllah !

Umar001
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Can you pm me, please, I jus wanna know who you are, am so excited.

samah12
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
My experience as a convert/revert is this - Most of my friends were just curious at first and wanted to know why, the normal questions about dress, polygamy etc but they were not abusive or mocking. A few laughed at me and called me crazy but not in an unfriendly way.

My parents have failed to accept my being a Muslim but this has not changed our relationship. When I refer to myself as a Muslim they say "you are not a Muslim" and they change the subject. They still adore me and treat me the same way, it is just a topic we have learned not to discuss.

My best advise is not to tell your friends and family what they are doing wrong, nothing causes more bad feeling than telling a non believer they are going to hell. Allow them to accept your choice but do not try to force your choice on them. Answer questions hoestly and to the best of your ability but remember you do not have to justify your love of Allah to anybody.

Al_Imaan
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
took me a while to go oever this thread...but it's amazing...May Allah make this path easy for you and give u sabr (patience)...Ameen...
^^and as Al Habeshi said....that would be interesting to know...:)

Maimunah
03-28-2007, 04:32 PM
:sl:

mashaAllah, welcome to islam. may Allah keep u steadfast inshaAllah.

syilla
03-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Allahu akbar...

MashaAllah...

May Allah grant you Jannah ameen...

AnonymousPoster
03-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks so much everyone! For the advice, for the help. May Allah (swt) reward you all!! :D
Do you want to make a new thread so the brothers and sisters on the forum know of your reversion? Do it only if you want to.
Even on the forums (I know this is going to sound really bad) I’d prefer to stay anonymous for just a little bit longer. But when I am ready I will be sure to!
Sorry everyone. :(

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks so much everyone! For the advice, for the help. May Allah (swt) reward you all!! :D

Even on the forums (I know this is going to sound really bad) I’d prefer to stay anonymous for just a little bit longer. But when I am ready I will be sure to!
we'll be waiting inshaAllah :) take your time

AnonymousPoster
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for understanding! :D

03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Yay you did it! Mashallah! May Allah make it easy for you :D

TAKBEER!!!!

queenmuslimah
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
mashallah wallahi it is good to hear that...im so happy for u mashallah may allah(swa) make everything in life easy for u......and remember that u have a family here...........

nevesirth
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
mashallah!!!!!!!!!!

- Qatada -
03-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Asalaamu 'alykum. (peace be upon you.)

No worries, but its really kool praise be to Allaah. :)

Muhammad
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum warahmatullah,

Masha'Allaah, congratulations sister on reverting to Islam! It is indeed a great blessing from Allaah that you have found the Straight Path.

May He keep you steadfast and increase you in knowledge, Aameen.

AnonymousPoster
03-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks so much again everyone!!! :D
(Note: it’s brother lol.)
I can honestly say I can't remember ever being as happy as I have been for the past 24 hours.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2007, 03:11 PM
I can honestly say I can't remember ever being as happy as I have been for the past 24 hours.
lol Alhamdulillah thats really good :D

جوري
03-29-2007, 08:47 PM
I think I know who you are... and if I am correct I have already seen a tremendous change in your posts--- there is something Kind and Muslims about you... I pray that you are always this happy insha'Allah and always at peace and in receipt of all of Allah's blessings and mercy...:)
Ameen

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
You have? That's too good to hear! :D (please dont tell anyone who iam for the moment)
Thankyou PurestAmbrosia && IbnAbdulHakim.

جوري
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't betray another human being especially not a Muslim brother or sister... besides --it is just a hunch and I could be wrong :-[ :blind:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
im pretty sure i know aswell lol mashaAllah :D

AnonymousPoster
04-02-2007, 07:18 AM
So, this morning I felt it was time to tell my mom.
I didn't tell her that I've actually pronounced the Shahada. I just told her I was thinking about it. Her reaction was 'You should be focusing on your studies. Forget about Islam.' :laugh:

syilla
04-02-2007, 07:28 AM
I didn't tell her that I've actually pronounced the Shahada. I just told her I was thinking about it. Her reaction was 'You should be focusing on your studies. Forget about Islam.' :laugh:
She is only worried for you. She doesn't understand or knows much about islam...for sure that'll be her reaction. And she loves you very much. :statisfie

Just believe what your heart says. InshaAllah the truth is something you will fight for.

- Qatada -
04-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Asalaamu 'alykum (peace be upon you.) :)

Take your time, atleast you've hinted something now to your parents. So anything you do after this will make them realise you have that interest in islaam, and what you do will be a reflection of that. Therefore any good that you do now will be your personality of islaam, and they may realise the good effects that have come through it. So if you are more obedient and good mannered towards your mother - then she'll realise that it's islaam which is changing you [inshaa Allaah - God willing, for the better.]

So right now, if you do any good - you can show that its a part of islaam, your actions will be your mothers first hand view of islaam, instead of viewing it through the media. As she gets used to it - she might start wondering why you're becoming a better person, and then she'll remember that you said you were interested in islaam.

As time progresses, your mother may get used to it and start asking questions. Or you might just explain to her the positive aspects of islaam. For example you could tell her that Allaah has ordered you to obey your parents [so long as it doesn't involve disobedience to the Creator]:

[Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say, "My Lord, bestow on them Your mercy as they cherished me in childhood."] (Al-Israa' 17:23-24)

And (remember) when Luqman said to his son when he was advising him: "O my son! Join not in worship others with Allah. Verily! Joining others in worship with Allah is a great Zulm (wrong) indeed.

And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.

[But if they strive with thee to make thee ascribe unto Me as partner that of which thou hast no knowledge, then obey them not. Consort with them in the world kindly and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.]

(Luqman 31: 13-15)

The Messenger of Allaah peace be upon him said:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: O Messenger of Allaah, who among the people is most deserving of my good company? He said, Your mother. He asked, Then who? He said, Your mother. He asked, Then who? He said, Your mother.He asked,Then who? He said, Then your father.

(Authentically Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5626; Muslim, 2548)
You don't have to declare your islaam in public until you feel your ready for it. And remember to always pray to Allaah for help since He is always on your side, and before making any move - just pray to Him for help, since He is the best of Helpers.

O ye who believe! If ye obey the Unbelievers, they will drive you back on your heels, and ye will turn back (from Faith) to your own loss.

Nay, Allah is your protector, and He is the best of helpers.
[Qur'an 3: 149-150]

I hope Allaah continues making it easy for you, and remember that Allaah never overburdens a soul with what it can't bear. :)

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Mashallah Brother.

Welcome home. Even if you can not see us and do not know any of us personaly, remember the Ummah is your family and always has been.

It is great joy to see a Brother learn that he is Muslim and return to the home he never knew he had left. It is only after you revert that you understand that you did not give up anything, you regained all that you did not know was misplaced.

Name3
04-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh my dear... Your best real friend is your heart inside... Ask it and check the truth out.

The truth is not what we think... It is what we feel actualy... But you might get a bit closer to yourself to be sure that what you feel are your real feelings!

Friends may lie, parents may lie, words may lie, boards may lie, even your brain may lie but your heart... Your heart never lies...

You may not trust me... But you should trust it anyway!

Stay lovely...

AhlaamBella
04-02-2007, 11:29 AM
when I reverted to Islam my dad didn't. It was hard expalining things to him and I didn't wear the hijab infront of him for a while but in the end I realised it was fairly easy to talk to...however he is still persistant in the sense he is always trying to prove I am still 'like him'. Constantly trying to find out if I have a boyfriend or not. lol dream on dad! Anyhow I hope Allah guides you and makes it easy for you InshAllah.

AnonymousPoster
04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
SubhanAllah. Thanks for the advice everyone!!!! :)

Grace Seeker
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Without realizing it, your mom has done you a great service in telling you to "focus on your studies". I suggest that is what you do right now. But, unlike your mom, I think you can do that without forgetting about Islam (or any other religion). So, don't forget about Islam, if that is the decision you have made, but do focus on your studies. Let them be #2, after Allah. Then at the end of the semester you will have a marvelous report to share with your mother, and you can say, "Oh, by the way Mom, remember I told you I was thinking about Islam, well, I became convinced about it, and have been a Muslim for some time now."

Based on what she said, she is more concerned about your studies than whether or not you are Muslim or not. So, by focusing on your studies you can show her that Islam is not a threat to her dreams for you. If she can understand that, she will probably celebrate with you, that you have found something that blesses your life.

Hint: don't tell her you're engaged to get married in the same year. :D

AnonymousPoster
04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I totally see that she is doing me major favours by telling me to focus on my studies. But of course they’re gonna be #2, behind Allah.
I really don’t see how Islam would interfere with my studies, it hasn’t thus far. :)
But the fact that she is more concerned about my studies than Islam also shows me at it doesn’t seem to be a big deal to her, which is great!

Hehehe, she would go insane when/if I get engaged Inshaa Allaah.

- Qatada -
04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum.

Inshaa Allaah, you're already getting used to the arabic :p

Whenever you got the time, you could check these links out:

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/downloads.html
http://www.islam.com/salat/salatfinal.html

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/
http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/how-to-pray-intro.htm
http://muttaqun.com/prayer/toc.html

How to Pray

Whatever site you feel most comfortable with, :) the prayer is of the most important pillers in islaam. If you have any questions regarding that - please do ask!

Peace.

AnonymousPoster
04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks so much for those, Fi_Sabilillah. :D
I have been praying but I'm not quite sure if I've been getting things right. In fact, I'm quite confident I haven't been. If any questions arise I will tell you guys asap!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2007, 03:59 PM
:sl: brother or sister of Islam.

Abu Huraira reported:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer.

Sahih Muslim, Book 42, Number 7058

Allah says:

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion [al-Maa'idah 5:3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Allah did not chose to give this favour just to a one race but to the whole of humanity. Therefore any one can become a Muslim no matter what race or colour he/she is. No matter whether they are single, married, divorced or a child.
Any sins no matter committed prior to Islam no matter how bad they were are forgiven. One is totally reborn and starts with a clean record.
forgiven.

I will pray for you in my Dua! May Allah Ta'ala sents many many blessings on you!

:w: :muslimah:
Sister of Islam

- Qatada -
04-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Jazaak Allaah khayr (may Allaah reward you) sister Righteous Lady! I forgot to add that:

‘Amr ibn Al-‘Aas narrates, “When Islam entered my heart, I went to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and said, ‘Give me your hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you.’ The Prophet spread his hand, but I withdrew mine. He said, ‘What is wrong ‘Amr?’ I said, ‘I want to make a condition.’ ‘And what is that?’ he said. I said, ‘That Allah will forgive me.’

Then the Messenger of Allah said, ‘Did you not know that Islam wipes out what came before it, and that Hijrah [Emigration for Allaah's cause] wipes out what came before it and that Hajj [the Pilgrimage performed in Makkah] wipes out what came before it!” (Sahih Muslim).

So all your past mistakes and sins are forgiven anonymous, inshaa Allaah! :)

AnonymousPoster
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Which is great to hear. I have done a lot of things before I found Islam that I'm really not proud of.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Jazaak Allaah khayr (may Allaah reward you) sister Righteous Lady! I forgot to add that:

‘Amr ibn Al-‘Aas narrates, “When Islam entered my heart, I went to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and said, ‘Give me your hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you.’ The Prophet spread his hand, but I withdrew mine. He said, ‘What is wrong ‘Amr?’ I said, ‘I want to make a condition.’ ‘And what is that?’ he said. I said, ‘That Allah will forgive me.’

Then the Messenger of Allah said, ‘Did you not know that Islam wipes out what came before it, and that Hijrah wipes out what came before it and that Hajj wipes out what came before it!” (Sahih Muslim).

So all your past mistakes and sins are forgiven anonymous, inshaa Allaah! :)

Thank you brother of Islam! :thumbs_up

Sister of Islam :muslimah:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Which is great to hear. I have done a lot of things before I found Islam that I'm really not proud of.

When IF you actually convert to Islam..then Allah Ta'ala will clean your past of sins whatever you have done...He will sents lots of blessings on you and will promise to protect you whatever people do something nasty to you or pressure difficult on you..I feels in your heart that you actually love God in your heart because l have feeling that..if you really love God and He will come to you at speed than one second!

May Allah Ta'ala sents many many blessings on you!

Sister of Islam

AnonymousPoster
04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I do love Allah (swt), RighteousLady. And I have converted, it's just that nobody knows about it yet.
I'm still as happy with my decision as I was when I had just reverted, alhamdulillah!!! :D

Umm Yoosuf
04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I am soooooo late lol

Congratulations on revertion to Al-Islam. May Allah grant you with Jannah (Paradise) beaneath which rivers flow. May Allah keep you on the right path forecer until you meet Him (Allah) :D

Congratulations once again our dearest brother/sister In Islam :D

AnonymousPoster
04-04-2007, 02:49 AM
Thankyou Umm Yahya!!! :D

AnonymousPoster
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Earlier tonight I was in the car with my mother and sister and they started saying things like "Revert Muslims aren't as respected as born Muslims in the Islamic community" and "Organised religion in this day and age is for the weak, it is up to us to make our own decisions, not to be bossed around". I didn't know what to say! :cry:
I know they're wrong, but I just couldn't express it to them!!

- Qatada -
04-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Asalaamu 'alykum.

May Allaah make it easy for you.

You have to tell them that Allaah doesn't judge us on what color we are or anything like that, and Allaah only sees our hearts, intentions and actions. Tell them that the best of people after the prophets were reverts, guess who they were? We have a full section packed with their life stories. It's the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.) :) Infact alot of reverts are in a better position than us born muslims since Allaah forgives all their past sins once they become muslim.

Use this verse from the Qur'an:

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [Qur'an 49:13]

And if they don't believe in organised religion, then you should ask them whether they believe in disorganised religion? Since one can only find out what God likes/dislikes by believing in the concept of Prophets and Messengers who recieve revelation from Allaah. What other way is there?

What most people don't understand is that the people of old said the same, if you look in the Qur'an - you'll see that people say that these are simply 'stories of old', yet Allaah refutes them because thats exactly what the people before them said! Think about it, one thousand four hundred years may seem like a long time right? This is when Allaah's final Messenger came, and these people who may seem old to us are saying the exact same thing:

When to him are rehearsed Our Signs, "Tales of the ancients", he cries! [Qur'an 68:15]

That's because there a people who simply don't know. The message is simple really, Allaah created us so we would obey Him, He sent us messengers with clear/unreplicable signs in order that we obey Him. Then we would die and be raised back to life by the One who created us first, and be questioned on whether we obeyed the Messenger sent to us or not. (This is when you can talk about the positive aspects of islaam.) Those who believed and did good to please Allaah will be rewarded by Him, and those who rejected and disbelieved will be punished since they turned away from the purpose of their creation.

The main questions you need to put forward are - aren't you responsible for your own actions? And if you believe in your Creator, don't you believe you will return to Him and be questioned on everything you did? Don't you think God needs to send a true Messenger who will distinguish between what is wrong and right for mankind? Because we know that in some cultures something may be liked whereas in another that exact same thing is counted as something evil. So the Messenger comes with clear proof and authority, that is why the Qur'an is also known as Al-Furqaan [The Criterion - to distinguish between truth/falsehood, good/evil etc.] :) And Allaah knows best.

If you don't understand what i meant or unsure of anything, please do ask.

AnonymousPoster
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks again, Fi_Sabilillah! (For everything!! :) )
I will try to get those points across and to raise those questions! :D
But what got me about the whole thing was the fact that they were accusing Islam of taking away me making choices in life, when Islam is my choice, so it's like without realising it, they're doing just what they're accusing Islam of doing. My mom knows I'm thinking about it, but I didn't know my sister knew, unless she doesn't and was just going along with what mom said?

- Qatada -
04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum. (Peace be upon you.) :) Remember that whenever a muslim greets you with the greeting of peace, you have to greet them back also.

Allaah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things. [Qur'an 4:86]
So you should reply with the same greeting by saying:

wa [and] alaikum [upon you] as-salaam. [be peace]

That's just a tip, its quite good when you want to show other muslims that you're a muslim, especially since its a greeting of the people of paradise also!

And those who kept their duty to their Lord will be led to Paradise in groups, till, when they reach it, and its gates will be opened (before their arrival for their reception) and its keepers will say: Salamun 'Alaikum (peace be upon you)! You have done well, so enter here to abide therein."

[Qur'an 39: 73]

In regard to your question:

What most people don't recognise is that islaam makes people see their own true colors and understand their personality. People have excelled in many fields once they've become muslim, and their submission to Allaah has helped them advance further.

For example if you look at the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, Khalid ibn Al Waleed was a General, and never lost a battle in his life. Uthman ibn Affaan was a business man and excelled in that field also. Umar ibn Al Khattaab was a man who was a heavy drinker and some scholars stated that he would die at a young age because he drank alcohol so much, but when he became muslim - he became a just ruler of nearly two thirds of the world!

You see how Allaah raises the status of the believers,
“Whosoever does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, we shall make them live a good life, and We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do.” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 97]

Whereas for the disbeliever:
“But he who turns away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection.” [Sûrah TâHâ: 124]
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...happiness.html

You need to tell your family that man needs certain restrictions and guidelines in life from the One who truely knows them - their Creator, otherwise we're simply wandering in darkness with no light, with no guide to tell us what truely is wrong or right.

When we find that light, we can follow it knowing that we are going in the right direction. Knowing that your Creator appreciates the good that you do, and He is prepared to reward you for it. Whereas those who are too arrogant to accept it will be punished for being rebellious, even when He is calling them towards His Mercy and reward.

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).

[Qur'an 2: 256-7]

Tell them that you don't feel that you're being controlled, but instead you're being guided to what is right. What you know is right, and tell them that you find that feeling of tranquility and peace in your heart. That feeling of content that every person strives for.

The Messenger of Allaah, peace be upon him - himself said that the rich man isn't the one who has alot of wealth, but the one who is content. You feel content since you know that it is Allaah who provides for you, and no-one can harm you or benefit you except by His will. And even if the whole world turns against you, the One who has power over them is on your side. Since He loves you, and you love Him.

So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me. [Qur'an 2: 152]

And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. [Qur'an 2: 186]

Please do ask more if you're unsure of anything, and may Allaah strengthen you and us all in faith. ameen. :)

Umm Yoosuf
04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks again, Fi_Sabilillah! (For everything!! :) )
I will try to get those points across and to raise those questions! :D
But what got me about the whole thing was the fact that they were accusing Islam of taking away me making choices in life, when Islam is my choice, so it's like without realising it, they're doing just what they're accusing Islam of doing. My mom knows I'm thinking about it, but I didn't know my sister knew, unless she doesn't and was just going along with what mom said?
Assalaamu Alaikum

What does your sister think of Islam? :)

AnonymousPoster
04-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam,
Anyway, we just had dinner and my Mom brought up yesterday's conversation in the car and now my Dad is in the know.
My sister was quite vocal on how "all religion is a scam". I did raise some of the question and points you informed me of, Fi_Sabilillah. Only to be yelled down with falsehoods. No matter how much I tried to correct what they thought of Islam I would just be yelled at and told I was wrong.
This is a family that I THOUGHT would be supportive, this is a disaster. :enough!:
Now I'm just hoping this information doesn't get passed onto my friends.
My Mum also confirmed her argument that I don't need religion dictating to me what I can and can't do and that I should be able to make my own choices.
Why is it that she feels it's okay for her to say what's right and wrong by me and Allah (swt) cannot?

- Qatada -
04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum.

hm.. thats sad. How about you stay quiet with them for a while in regard to religious matters? Don't discuss religion too much and show them good manners, a good personality. I know you might feel that its hard for new muslim reverts, but its hard for some muslims who start practising islaam also since the family thinks the persons strange, because they're changing themselves for the better. (I know, so weird huh?)

Here's a good 10min vid, just so you know what position you're in:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...lid-yasin.html

You can explain to them indirectly and calm their fear, you don't even have to say to them that you're muslim, because Allaah is sufficient as a witness for you, and He is the Most Wise. Remember that people may plot, and Allaah too Plots, and He is the best of Planners.

We know that the companions of the Messenger of Allaah were tortured severely for leaving 'the religion of their forefathers' - some were placed on hot burning coal. Others were severely beaten by their own families, while others lost all their respect and wealth. However, Allaah won't let this go to waste - He will reward you for your difficulties, and after hardship He will bring ease.

Know that Allaah never overburdens a soul with what it can't bear. And He is always remembering you, when you remember Him. So ask Him for help, and without a doubt He will provide you from ways you never expected. And know that victory comes through Patience and trials.

Allaah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?

We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

Do those who practise evil think that they will get the better of Us? Evil is their judgment!

For those whose hopes are in the meeting with Allah (in the Hereafter, let them strive); for the term (appointed) by Allah is surely coming and He hears and knows (all things).

And if any strive (with might and main), they do so for their own souls: for Allah is free of all needs from all creation.

Those who believe and work righteous deeds,- from them shall We blot out all evil (that may be) in them, and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.

We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.

And those who believe and work righteous deeds,- them shall We admit to the company of the Righteous.

[Qur'an Al-Ankaboot (The Spider) 29: 2-9]

The Messenger of Allaah, peace be upon him said: Wondrous are the believer's affairs. For him there is good in all his affairs, and this is so only for the believer. When something pleasing happens to him, he is grateful, and that is good for him; and when something displeasing happens to him, he is enduring/patient (sabar), and that is good for him. [Recorded in Sahih Muslim]

Right now, you just need to show your family through your actions how islaam has changed you for the better. It can be with small issues related to daily life; so maybe you're more organised, more at calmness/ease with yourself and others, willing to share things and help others out with no form of reward in return etc.

Here's a good thread related to having good manners;
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...b-manners.html

The Prophet (peace be upon him) emphasized how good manners are of paramount importance in Islam when he said: “I was sent only to perfect good manners.” [ Musnad Ahmad (8952)]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) is the perfect example of what it means to possess good manners. Allah says, describing him: “Indeed you are of a great moral character.” [ Sûrah al-Qalam : 4]

Allah says: “Nor can goodness and evil be equal. Repel (evil) with what is better. Then he between whom and you there had been hatred will become as though he were your dear friend.”

And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint,- none but persons of the greatest good fortune.

[ Sûrah Fussilat : 34-5]

http://www.islamtoday.net/english/sh...sub_cat_id=710

I pray that things get easier for you inshaa Allaah, and remember that this is part of Allaah's Eternal Wisdom. We might not know the reason behind this right now, but we know that through hardship, Allaah brings for us a great deal of good. Don't give up hope for your family, because Allaah has guided the most severest of enemies of islaam to the truth, so keep praying to Allaah for their guidance also. Our duty is to only convey the message, it's Allaah who guides the hearts. :)

Peace.

syilla
04-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam,
Anyway, we just had dinner and my Mom brought up yesterday's conversation in the car and now my Dad is in the know.
My sister was quite vocal on how "all religion is a scam". I did raise some of the question and points you informed me of, Fi_Sabilillah. Only to be yelled down with falsehoods. No matter how much I tried to correct what they thought of Islam I would just be yelled at and told I was wrong.
This is a family that I THOUGHT would be supportive, this is a disaster. :enough!:
Now I'm just hoping this information doesn't get passed onto my friends.
My Mum also confirmed her argument that I don't need religion dictating to me what I can and can't do and that I should be able to make my own choices.
Why is it that she feels it's okay for her to say what's right and wrong by me and Allah (swt) cannot?

sometimes it is better for you to avoid unnecessary arguments which may worsen the situation.

Avoiding arguments because this will lead to evil soul, and the animosity towards others. In an authentic Hadith the prophet (S.A.W.) said: "No people got misguided after they were guided, but they were plagued with argument." Then, the prophet (S.A.W.) recited what Allah (S.W.T) says the Noble Qur'an in surat Az-Zukhrf, (Verse 58), what can be translated as, "…They quoted it for you not except for argument. Nay! But they are a quarrelsome people."{Reported by Imams At-Trmthi, Ahmad and Abn Majah}

A scholar from the Salaf generation said: "If Allah (S.W.T.) loves a man, He will provide to him the opportunity to do good deeds and keep off the argument. And if Allah (S.W.T.) wants harm for a man, He will keep off the good deed and will plague him with argument."

Imam Malik said: " Argument concerning knowledge turn off the light of knowledge and stiffen the heart."

Imam Al-Hasan Al-Bassri heard a folk arguing. So, he said: "These people are bored with worship, they find it easy to talk in vain, and their righteousness is diminished so they vainly talked."
don't worry brother...it is just the beginning. Your sister soon will be learning about islam. InshaAllah. :)

*love4isl@m*
04-09-2007, 09:29 AM

:) :) :) ****Welcome 2 islam****:) :) :)
I know im eva soo L8 but i wih 2 say congratulations 4 ur convert 2 Islam!
I aint been dis forum 4 long but i wish 2 say my words!

May Allah grant you with Jannat al-Firdaws (Paradise)!!!
I wish u all da best & also success, and easy going life through ur family & friendz too insha'allah...
My brother/sister in Islam:? (I yet don't know which sos)!!!

AnonymousPoster
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Wa alaikum as-salaam,
Thanks again, Fi_Sabilillah! :D You've been a huge help. May Allah (swt) reward you.
I've decided to tone things down when it comes to my family. I will still speak of Islam to them just a bit more discreetly for now.
Since I'm posting anonymously I am more willing to say this, I do have depression (and have trouble coping under pressure so these arguments with my family have been super hard.If you know who I am, please don't bring that up anywhere else on the board) and my sister seems to be thinking that's where my interest in Islam has come from, she has said that! :( But she is too wrong!!
don't worry brother...it is just the beginning. Your sister soon will be learning about islam. InshaAllah. :)
InshaaAllah.
Thankyou for the kind words *love4isl@m*. (its brother lol)

- Qatada -
04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum. :)

That's okay, sometimes people only shout because they feel defensive and because they're scared. So they will get used to it slowly, but surely inshaa Allaah.

About the depression issue, the main concept in islaam is to do all you have control over, then place it in the control of Allaah - place your trust in Him since He has knowledge of the unknown, and He has power over all things.

Other than that, worrying won't get anything better - infact it'll just make you feel more depressed. So placing your trust in Allaah will be a way out from your worries, since you know that Allaah loves you and He only does what is good for you, even if you can't see the good within it yet.

Some scholars even said that a beautiful patience is one which if some people saw you sitting among them, none of them would know that you're facing a calamity, because that is how much trust you have in Allaah.

Heres a small article which discusses patience, and how a brother of a companion of the Messenger of Allaah remained patient while some people sawed his leg off while he was awake!

http://islamicink.wordpress.com/2007...to-be-patient/

Looking at the examples of pious people before you actually strengthens you since you realise that there are people who have gone through more harder trials, yet Allaah blessed them through a great deal of good due to their patience and trust in Allaah. Who could imagine that these people who were born 1400years ago would still remembered today? :)

Indigo
04-12-2007, 04:47 AM
As salaam alaykum wa rahmatulillah wa barakatuh!

Masha'Allah! You reverted! :D Congradulations on accepting Islam!

You know, I think all reverts go thru difficulties with family/friends/work when we turn to Islam. I heard and still hear all of the same things you are from your family. Now days, I answer direct questions. If I don't know the answer, then I get it for them. Be polite, smile, be good example. It is amasing how easy it gets after a while, after tempers have settled, and after people "get used to" the idea of you being muslim. Right now the most important thing to focus on perfecting wudoo and prayer, and changing "bad habits" like listening to haram music and tv programs. Spend time with other muslims, listen to nasheeds, read Quran, do anything that helps to build your eman. Take everything in steps, but don't stall too much! Push yourself gently. Make duaa; ask Allah to make it easy and you won't be disappointed!

I reverted in December, and I am just now gaining my "voice" if you know what I mean ;) ! It all takes practice! At first, I would get tounge-tied, or frustrated, or angry when people said things to attack Islam. Now days, I smile, I thank them for their interest in Islam (no matter how bad the remark), and tell them the truth! It is wonderful to see how their faces change from mocking to interest so quickly! :)

fee amin Allah!

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Wa alykum As-salaam Warahmatulahi Wabarakatuh.

Maasha Allaah i'm really happy that things are going well for you sister Indigo, may Allaah continue making this life and the hereafter easier for you, and us all. ameen.

AnonymousPoster
04-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam,
Thanks again Fi_Sabilillah :D . I know there are still a lot of aspects in which I am going to have to change and I know it’s not going to be easy, but it is necessary. And no matter how foreign to me this is I’m gonna have to learn to not only believe and practise, but also place alot of more trust in Allah (swt) as far as the things I have no control over go.
I’m happy to say that I haven’t said a word about Islam to my family in a little while and it’s almost as if what has happened recently never happened, which is good, for now. Now I’m just hoping on leaving home as soon as possible so I can really be me, hoping to move to an area that actually has a Muslim community.
Indigo, congratulations on reverting to you also. MashAllah. :D And thankyou for the tips. I know, the changes do take a lot of getting used to, but knowing they’re for the better is all that matters. :D

جوري
04-15-2007, 01:51 AM
I have posted a story for our new reverts under comparitive religion section... So you can see what other reverts have gone through...
I am proud of you all
Mash'Allah

- Qatada -
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM

I hope Allaah makes it easy for you. Remember to keep contact with family though, because enjoining the ties of kinship/family is important in the sight of Allaah.

I think that facing opposition is quite common, but i would encourage you to read stories of the Prophets and there companions to see how they reacted in similar situations:

http://www.islamicboard.com/biograph...lamic-figures/

By the way, at the beginning of the thread you said that you came with the intention of only asking one question, was it answered for you? lol and when did you first start getting interested? :)

AnonymousPoster
04-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
Sorry for taking so long to reply. :(
The past week in my life has been very peaceful. No more fights with my family, or anything like that, mainly because I have toned things down a lot. I have chosen to keep this completely to myself for the time being and maybe when I leave home I will feel better about telling them and they will feel better about my choice. InshaAllaah.
I know, being close with your family is impoartant in Islam, and I would never plan on cutting the ties I have with them. but maybe a bit of distance between us is for the best, especially with my iman in mind. :)
Yes, the question I came to ask was answered :D and mashAllah triggered my interest in Islam.
I'm planing my second fast for this Thursday inshaAllaah. :D wish me luck.

syilla
04-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
Sorry for taking so long to reply. :(
The past week in my life has been very peaceful. No more fights with my family, or anything like that, mainly because I have toned things down a lot. I have chosen to keep this completely to myself for the time being and maybe when I leave home I will feel better about telling them and they will feel better about my choice. InshaAllaah.
I know, being close with your family is impoartant in Islam, and I would never plan on cutting the ties I have with them. but maybe a bit of distance between us is for the best, especially with my iman in mind. :)
Yes, the question I came to ask was answered :D and mashAllah triggered my interest in Islam.
I'm planing my second fast for this Thursday inshaAllaah. :D wish me luck.

MashaAllah... :thumbs_up

InshaAllah...one day your family will understand. Ameen...

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Asalaamu 'alykum again :)

That's kool, when you leave and travel.. try reflecting on the creation since that can be a form of ibaadah (worship) also. :) It can strengthen your relationship with Allaah, you realise that all that is on the earth and skies wasn't created for no purpose, but Allaah created it for you, and for His servants as a blessing for them.

The praise is for Him who guided us so we could thank Him. Thankfulness is a sign of being grateful, and with gratefulness we are obedient to Allaah. With obedience we gain His Mercy, and His Mercy leads to His reward of this life, and the everlasting reward of Paradise. May Allaah grant us it, ameen. :)

I hope Allaah makes the fast easy for you, the Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

'Three men whose dua' [supplication] is never rejected (by Allah) are:

the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast),
the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'

[Recorded in Musnad Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...plication.html

So try your best to make a supplication then especially, inshaa Allaah (God willing) it will be responded to, and remember that if any prayer isn't answered in this life - Allaah has kept a greater reward for that person in the hereafter. :)

Take care of yourself insha Allaah.

Peace.

AnonymousPoster
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM
The fast on Thursday went incredibly well. :D

- Qatada -
04-29-2007, 12:35 PM
The fast on Thursday went incredibly well. :D

lol thats kool, alhamdulillah (the praise is for Allaah.) did you feel ill or anything like last time, and did u eat anything in the early morning time before fajr (the dawn prayer)?

It's good training for Ramadan by the way, and inshaa Allaah you still get rewarded for it since its an optional form of worship.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.

The most beloved deeds to Allaah are the obligatory duties which He has ordered us to perform. Then after that, a servant of Allaah keeps drawing closer to Him by doing the optional deeds to gain Allaah's pleasure.

To the extent that any action they do in life is for the sake of Allaah, so the servant looks at only what Allaah has permitted, and doesn't use this blessing of sight for Allaah's disobedience [i.e. by looking at forbidden things.] The servant hears only what is good, and turns away from evil talk. The servant uses the blessing of the ability to walk to places which Allaah likes, and not to use this blessing to go to wrong places. The servant uses his hands to only strike for Allaah's sake at the right time, so the believer won't harm other believers, rather he will only attack if necessary, i.e. if he is defending himself, or fighting the oppressors for Allaah's sake.

..Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

And Allaah Almighty knows best! :)

AnonymousPoster
04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I had a minor prayer answered just in the last 10 minutes.
My last fast went very well, I did eat before Fajr this time and there were no negatives to it.
Fi_Sabilillah, thankyou again so much for everything. Naturally, I'm quite a shy and insecure person. If it wasn't for you posting here and getting me to read these things and allow me to reassure myself on my reversion I probably would have given in to what my family were saying a few weeks ago. MashAllah. May Allah (swt) reward you!!
WSalaams

syilla
04-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I had a minor prayer answered just in the last 10 minutes.
My last fast went very well, I did eat before Fajr this time and there were no negatives to it.
Fi_Sabilillah, thankyou again so much for everything. Naturally, I'm quite a shy and insecure person. If it wasn't for you posting here and getting me to read these things and allow me to reassure myself on my reversion I probably would have given in to what my family were saying a few weeks ago. MashAllah. May Allah (swt) reward you!!
WSalaams
Alhamdullillah.....everything went well.

You're motivating me to fast :D

Please update us on the prayers...

- Qatada -
04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.

WSalaams

Asalaamu 'alykum.

Alhamdulillah that's really kool! :) I know how you feel, it's proper exciting when Allaah answers our prayers because it increases you in faith. It's like you got a close friend that you can always talk to and no-one can stop you from that, and this friend has Power over everything! Sometimes when you feel at your weakest point, you turn to Allaah for help since no-one else understands you, and then from ways you never expected - your supplication gets answered. :D Keep it up. And by the way, you can call me bro Fi if you want, everyone does that here :p

The Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"Whoever has three things discovers the sweetness of iman [faith]: that Allah and His Messenger are more beloved to him than all else, that he love another only for the sake of Allah Most High, and that he hate to return to kufr (disbelief) as he would hate to be thrown into fire."

[Recorded in Muslim & Bukhari ]

Sometimes when the whole world and everyone you know - when they've turned against you, at that moment in life - you feel you need to draw closer to Allaah because He can ease your life for you. So pray to Allaah so you are beloved to Him, and that He places love in your heart for Him also. Because by loving Allaah, you will keep that constant relationship with Him, and then you won't want to return to disbelief.

Just ask yourself - how much good has come through you knowing Allaah? Who wouldn't want to be friends with the One who controls all the world and everything inside of it? :D lol and the reward of the hereafter in Paradise is much greater - in the presence of your Lord, so you will be able to see Him there inshaa Allaah [God willing] if you remain patient and steadfast in the religion of Allaah. :) One of the punishments of the disbelievers of the hellfire will be that they won't be able to ever see Allaah, never - since they rejected Him and they never believed that He should be worshipped Alone, so in the hereafter - Allaah will reject them since they rejected Him - the fact that they would return to Him (and be either rewarded or punished for their own actions, and they took His Message in jest) even though Allaah sent upon them so much good in this life.

If you got the time, i'd like you to see this small 10min video. Put your speakers on if you want, it's about the meeting the believers will have with Allaah in Paradise, so whatever is mentioned in this will truelly happen in Paradise. May Allaah make me and you, and us all of them, ameen.

A Meeting With Allah...

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Id6Z1IqZYM

Tell me what you think?! :)

AnonymousPoster
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
Have been silent for a while again, sorry. :( I think it will keep happening like this for a while. :(
Thank you again Bro Fi :P your postings here mean a lot :D may Allah (swt) reward you!
The prayer that was answered was very minor, but it came as a surprise to me and it really made me think
I waited until I was home alone last Friday evening to watch the video thank you so much for sharing that!! :D

Riya90
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
mashaAllah, congrats on ur conversion (sorryyy for bein so late!)
may Allaah bless u and grant u Jannatul Firdaws :)

- Qatada -
05-08-2007, 10:04 PM

Wa alaikum as-salaam.
Have been silent for a while again, sorry. :( I think it will keep happening like this for a while. :(

Don't worry about it! it gives us more time to reflect on what was said earlier right? :) By the way, i hope things are well and you're familys not placing too much pressure on you.

Thank you again Bro Fi :P your postings here mean a lot :D may Allah (swt) reward you!

Ameen, and all our brothers and sisters! :D

The prayer that was answered was very minor, but it came as a surprise to me and it really made me think
Yeah, Allaah guides those who are sincere. I remember hearing this a long time ago, but once someone had realised that Islaam made total sense, so they prayed to Allaah to give them a proper sign to see if Islaam really was the truth or not. When all of a sudden, a car drove past and on its number plate [the registration plate] it said "ALLAH" lol, now that might not seem like a sign to some people, but for the person who's sincere, they realise that even a small sign like that is from Allaah. It can't be a mere coincidence since its rare to actually see a number plate with "ALLAH" written on it. :p

Anyway, you should continue asking Allaah to give you signs. Since He loves it when His servants ask Him for things, because He is the All-Rich, the Praiseworthy. :)

Here's a prayer which Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] made which is really cute lol, but its in the Qur'an and explained by the scholars.

The Khalil (close friend of God - Abraham) Supplicates to Allah to Show Him How He Resurrects the Dead

The scholars said that there are reasons behind this request by Ibrahim. For instance, when Ibrahim (Abraham) said to Nimrod (an evil tyrant ruler),

[رَبِّيَ الَّذِى يُحْىِ وَيُمِيتُ]

(My Lord (Allah) is He Who gives life and causes death,) he wanted to solidify his knowledge about resurrection by actually witnessing it with his eyes. Prophet Ibrahim said,

[رَبِّ أَرِنِى كَيْفَ تُحْىِ الْمَوْتَى قَالَ أَوَلَمْ تُؤْمِن قَالَ بَلَى وَلَـكِن لِّيَطْمَئِنَّ قَلْبِى]

("My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead.'' He (Allah) said: "Do you not believe'' He (Ibrahim) said: "Yes (I believe), but to be stronger in faith.'')

Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said,

«نَحْنُ أَحَقُّ بِالشَّكِّ مِنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِذْ قَالَ
[رَبِّ أَرِنِى كَيْفَ تُحْىِ الْمَوْتَى قَالَ أَوَلَمْ تُؤْمِن قَالَ بَلَى وَلَـكِن لِّيَطْمَئِنَّ قَلْبِى]

(We are more liable to be in doubt than Ibrahim when he said, "My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead.'' Allah said, "Don't you believe'' Ibrahim said, "Yes (I believe), but (I ask) in order to be stronger in faith.'')

The Prophet's statement in the Hadith means, "We are more liable to seek certainty.''

Now this is the part where it's explained how Prophet Ibrahim's (Abraham's) prayer was accepted: :)

The Answer to Al-Khalil's Request

Allah said,

[قَالَ فَخُذْ أَرْبَعَةً مِّنَ الطَّيْرِ فَصُرْهُنَّ إِلَيْكَ]

(He said: "Take four birds, then cause them to incline towards you.'')

[فَصُرْهُنَّ إِلَيْكَ]

(cause them to incline towards you) means, cut them to pieces. This is the explanation of Ibn `Abbas, `Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Abu Malik, Abu Al-Aswad Ad-Dili, Wahb bin Munabbih, Al-Hasan and As-Suddi.

Therefore, Ibrahim caught four birds, slaughtered them, removed the feathers, tore the birds to pieces and mixed the pieces together. He then placed parts of these mixed pieces on four or seven hills. Ibn `Abbas said, "Ibrahim kept the heads of these birds in his hand. Next, Allah commanded Ibrahim to call the birds to him, and he did as Allah commanded him. Ibrahim witnessed the feathers, blood and flesh of these birds fly to each other, and the parts flew each to their bodies, until every bird came back to life and came walking at a fast pace towards Ibrahim, so that the example that Ibrahim was witnessing would become more impressive. Each bird came to collect its head from Ibrahim's hand, and if he gave the bird another head the bird refused to accept it. When Ibrahim gave each bird its own head, the head was placed on its body by Allah's leave and power. '' This is why Allah said,

[وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ]

(And know that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise) and no one can overwhelm or resist Him. Whatever Allah wills, occurs without hindrance, because He is the All-Mighty, Supreme above all things, and He is Wise in His statements, actions, legislation and decrees.

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=2&tid=6959

So if Prophet Ibrahim made prayers to Allaah to strengthen his faith, and to show him signs - then we should also ask so we become more firmer in faith also. :)

I waited until I was home alone last Friday evening to watch the video thank you so much for sharing that!! :D

lol thats kool alhamdulillah :) whenever i watch it, i really wish that we die as muslims so we are the people there in paradise.. you can imagine being there with all the people of Paradise in the presence of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the bestower of Mercy.

have you checked the threads on paradise on the forum? maybe you'd like to. :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-hereafter/

Peace, and take care of yourself insha Allaah [God willing.]

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
format_quote Originally Posted by An-Najwa
mashaAllah, congrats on ur conversion (sorryyy for bein so late!)
may Allaah bless u and grant u Jannatul Firdaws :)
Thank you An-Najwa!! :D
Bro Fi, thank you so much, again! Your posts here are what have helped me thus far. :D
Alhamdillilah I have been getting no pressure from my family recently. I think they think I've gotten over it or lost interest or something like that. I've really toned things down and I think my plan is to keep things the way they are (peaceful) until after I've left home.
format_quote Originally Posted by Bro Fi
Yeah, Allaah guides those who are sincere. I remember hearing this a long time ago, but once someone had realised that Islaam made total sense, so they prayed to Allaah to give them a proper sign to see if Islaam really was the truth or not. When all of a sudden, a car drove past and on its number plate [the registration plate] it said "ALLAH" lol, now that might not seem like a sign to some people, but for the person who's sincere, they realise that even a small sign like that is from Allaah. It can't be a mere coincidence since its rare to actually see a number plate with "ALLAH" written on it.
MashAllah that's cool!! :D
Lol. That's hilarious. What are the odds, huh? :)

I haven't checked the paradise forum yet. I will now. :)

Thankyou. :) Take care inshaAllaah.

Mushahida
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
(Peace be upon you)

I haven't been on the forums for a while, Sorry for not replying earlier.

Congratulations

May god reward you for the change in your life and make the religion of Islam easy for you.

When someone converts to Islam, God forgives all of his previous sins and evil deeds. A man called Amr came to the Prophet Muhammad and said, “Give me your right hand so that I may give you my pledge of loyalty.” The Prophet stretched out his right hand. Amr withdrew his hand. The Prophet said: {What has happened to you, O Amr?} He replied, “I intend to lay down a condition.” The Prophet asked: {What condition do you intend to put forward?} Amr said, “That God forgive my sins.” The Prophet said: {Didn’t you know that converting to Islam erases all previous sins?}

After converting to Islam, the person will be rewarded for his or her good and bad deeds according to the following saying of the Prophet Muhammad : {Your Lord, Who is blessed and exalted, is most merciful. If someone intends to do a good deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him. And if he does do it, (a reward of) ten to seven hundred or many more times (the reward of the good deed), will be recorded for him. And if someone intends to do a bad deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him. And if he does do it, a bad deed will be recorded against him or God will wipe it out.}

(1) Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #121, and Mosnad Ahmad, #17357.
(2) Narrated in Mosnad Ahmad, #2515, and Saheeh Muslim, #131.

So now you are free of all sins and your status has become higher than that of us.

Please pray for me.

Wassalam

- Qatada -
05-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum again. :)

lol i hope you benefit from them insha Allaah. Anyway keep us updated with your progress, and keep posting to tell us what you need any help on.

Right now, i'd strongly urge you to read the lives of the Prophets and the companions of the Prophets since that strengthens the believer in faith and patience. It also gives the muslim a good example to follow if they ever feel lost, since the Prophets are the best of creation, and their companions are also great.

Biographies of Islamic figures

I'm sorry i havn't said much in this post, but i think i'll just let you check that section out for a while. And i really hope you benefit from it because i know i have. :)

We will also keep you and all the muslims in our prayers, and in the end the believers are those who are successful, in this life and the next.

Peace.

- Qatada -
05-21-2007, 12:57 PM

So hows everything now!? anything new?

AnonymousPoster
05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Wa alaikum as-salaam.
Thankyou for that Mushahida. :D I will continue to pray for you and all Muslims. :D
Bro Fi, alhamdilillah everything has been going really well for me. Still keeping things low profile for now. Until I guess I feel I've proven to my family that being Muslim is what's best for me, and I hope they too find the beauty of Islam inshaAllaah.
Not many new things are going on. I have just been reading anything and everything that I can find in hopes to find some new information about Islam and to ensure that I am going about things in the right manner. :)
My home life has been nice and peaceful lately too. :)
Thankyou again for everything.

AnonymousPoster
06-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Asalaam alaykum.
Alhamdilillah! Things have been going great for me.
I'm still yet to visit a Mosque. As I said earlier "The nearest Mosque is about an hours drive away, and I am never that far away from home alone, I have no way of getting there alone. I'll have my drivers liscence around September inshaAllah."
Well I was talking a friend of mine, who I am planning on going out that way with in the next couple of weeks. He doesn't know I've reverted, he just knows about the interest and he's said he is okay with us going to a Mosque inshaAllaah. :D
and a week ago I was praying in my room and someone called my name, I knew that if I didn't respond they would come and find me so I kind of stopped where I was and went out and then came back and continued from where I had left off. Is this permissable?

- Qatada -
06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Asalaam alaykum.
Alhamdilillah! Things have been going great for me.
I'm still yet to visit a Mosque. As I said earlier "The nearest Mosque is about an hours drive away, and I am never that far away from home alone, I have no way of getting there alone. I'll have my drivers liscence around September inshaAllah."
Well I was talking a friend of mine, who I am planning on going out that way with in the next couple of weeks. He doesn't know I've reverted, he just knows about the interest and he's said he is okay with us going to a Mosque inshaAllaah. :D

Wa alaikum as-Salaam :)

lol i've changed my nick, but alhamdulillah that's great news! :D Can your mate drive or will you both be going by bus or something? And will your parents allow you to go with your mate?

I'll pray that you pass in your driving test, and try your best okay?! :p

and a week ago I was praying in my room and someone called my name, I knew that if I didn't respond they would come and find me so I kind of stopped where I was and went out and then came back and continued from where I had left off. Is this permissable?

I'm not really sure about the ruling, but i think the better alternative would be to restart again if you had to stop in between. :) Because we know that one isn't permitted to talk to others in between their prayer.

If i can find any info on it, i'll post up inshaa Allaah! :)

Peace.

AnonymousPoster
06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Asalaam alaykum.
lol I noticed the nick change. :)
This friend is at me to get my liscence faster so I can drive him places. Lol. We'll be catching the train inshaAllaah.
Yeah, I was thinking I probably should have started again after I did it. Still don't know why I didn't.:-[ I will in the future.

Thankyou again!! :)

- Qatada -
07-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Asalaamu alaikum (peace be upon u.)

Still havn't forgot, did you get to go!? :)

glo
07-21-2007, 03:37 PM
I wonder when Anonymous will feel comfortable enough to reveal his/her true identity?
(Not that I'm nosey, or anything ... ) :rolleyes:

Peace

Muslim Woman
07-21-2007, 03:38 PM

....I've reverted

Alhamdulillah .....may Allah bless u always....may Allah make it easy for u :D

Is this permissable?

don't worry...if it's not allowed ...as a new Muslim InshaAllah ....Allah will forgive all ur mistakes .

If u face problem offering full prayers , then try to offer at least the Fard (compulsory ones only )....i.e. early morning 2 rakats , at noon 4 rakats etc. Then it won't take much time.

InshaAllah will read the thread & find out ur revert story :p

Allah Hafiz.

Intisar
07-21-2007, 09:27 PM
May Allah(SWT) make it an easy transition for you. Ameen. :)

AnonymousPoster
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Alhamdulillah.
Still here. Still practising Islaam.

al Amaanah
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
alhamdulillah, may Allah keep u steadfast on this deen.

Mahir
08-23-2008, 04:47 AM
http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac20.htm#links

AnonymousPoster
08-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Ameen

@mahir: I know Masha'Allah

AnonymousPoster
08-23-2008, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I wonder when Anonymous will feel comfortable enough to reveal his/her true identity?
(Not that I'm nosey, or anything ... ) :rolleyes:

Peace
Innay dou?

*Tries to be patient* :thumbs_up :BeRightBack:

AnonymousPoster
08-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Innay dou?

*Tries to be patient* :thumbs_up :BeRightBack:
Oops I'm Anon #2 Lol ^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.