/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Temptations of the Dunya - Murtaza Khan [Audio Lecture]

- Qatada -
03-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Temptations of the Dunya

By Murtaza Khan. In this awakening lecture the speaker brings home to the listeners the state of affairs of the Ummah of Muhammad, peace and blessing of Allah be upon him; Focussing on the great portion of Muslims who have taken to indulging in their desires and temptations, he hi-lights many of the common problems today. Also Allah, the Most High, has created man as a supreme and noble creature and has raised from amongst mankind, the Muslims as the best of people, yet due to imitating the disbelievers and by giving into desires have the Muslims become low. Concluding on a positive note, the speaker reminds the believing servants to try and change this state of affair with their hands, tongues or at least their hearts.

- Download -

The Spiritual Solution to Materialism

By Murtaza Khan. Many people are drowning in materialism and two extremes have become prevalent amongst the Muslims. Presenting to a group of sixth form students, the speaker discusses the choice of total assimilation into society where Islam plays a minimal role in the life of Muslims and the total abandonment of participating in society. What is the middle path? What was the opinion of the companions of the Messenger, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him? And what is the spiritual solution?

- Download -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noodles
03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Jazakallah kahirun brother.

I'd rep you if I knew how to.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
^ or if you had any rep power :p

jazakAllah khair bro :)

jzcasejz
03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
JazakAllah For Posting Bro :) The Lecture Looks Good!

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ or if you had any rep power :p
LOLL...:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-18-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
Jazakallah kahirun brother.

I'd rep you if I knew how to.

:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah khayr for the good intention, may Allaah reward you.

noodles
03-18-2007, 08:40 PM
His accent is funny, but the lecture is good regardless. :)

- Qatada -
03-19-2007, 02:14 PM

new lecture added ^ - The Spritiual Solution to Materialism.

Helena
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM
jazaks for that brother fi-sabs...

his a very energetic, loud, moving and direct to the point....mashAllah...his the same brother who attended Queen Mary annual dinner i believe.....

erm bro fi-sabs..cant seem to download the lectures?....why? i can only listen to it......

- Qatada -
03-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Right Click on it - then Save Target As/Save Location As inshaa Allaah.

Helena
03-21-2007, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Right Click on it - then Save Target As/Save Location As inshaa Allaah.
jazaks...erm never thought of that...:-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.