/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The command to earn the dunya, after earning the aakhirah

The Ruler
03-19-2007, 05:13 PM
:sl:

i just remembered the other day when a member said 'well some of us choose the din instead of the dunya' when it came to education.

my point in making this thread is that...has that person ever thought why it is that Allah (swt) has written about how a person is when they are inside a mother's womb? or why He (azjawaj'al) tells us about how oceans/mountains are/formed? if islamic knowledge is the only thing we need...and if that is the only way the 'deen' can be accomplised, why is there knowledge of the mountains, the skies, the oceans in the Qur'an?

furthurmore, the Prophet (saw) said:

To earn dunya is fardh, but only after performing the fardh for the akhirat.

and the Qur'an also says:

Once the prayer is completed, you may spread through the land to seek God’s bounties, and continue to remember God frequently, that you may succeed. (62:10)

...which clearly means that after our islamic obligations, it is obligatory for us to gain from the dnya too. i.e. study and get the best grades as possible so that we can get a good profession.

Muslim are seen as the most illiterated people (atleast...according to a few people)...the musim women are seen as oppressed (is that how you spell it :?)...why?...can we not stand up to thes pathetic misconceptions and show them (whoever 'they' are) that we (as in muslim women) are NOT oppressed...and that us muslims can achieve...and change the world :D

you maybe wondering why i have put this in the 'education section'...asy answer...the first steps towards achieving something is through education thumbs_up

the above are only what i have found and how i see things...correct me if i am wrong.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
youngsister
03-20-2007, 10:19 AM
:sl: Good topic sis :thumbs_up I totally agree with you, of course our deen should come first and we should always think of the Hereafter but people make out as if you cant be successful in both, Isha Allah May Allah swt grant us sucess in the Akhira and this Dunya Ameen!:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
furthurmore, the Prophet (saw) said:

To earn dunya is fardh, but only after performing the fardh for the akhirat.

^ sis if u can quote this i will be soooooooooo happy!!!! this is a beautiful one to put in the memorised collection of ahadeeth!!

Umar001
03-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I think its good to get the best out of this dunya, though I dont think anyone can compare knowledge of the deen with knowledge of the dunya, also, alot of people I know think they can, but cannot balance it out, may Allah make it easy for us.

Also sis great topic, please provide a source for the Hadith though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
03-20-2007, 12:37 PM
:sl:

thanks for the replies. and insha'allah, i will find...or atleast try to find the source of the hadeeth.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.