/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin tabs

H4RUN
03-19-2007, 09:24 PM
:sl:

Just needed to know whether taking vitamin tablets is a good idea or not? Purley for nutrition, vitamins like erm A B C D, zinc, omega oils etc etc...

Any side affects? Apart from what i hear is when taking a bunch of them you feel really hungry regularly, therefore you eat more....

Oh and do they actually work when being taken with a good diet?
JazakaAllah khair and thanx in advanced:)
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
03-19-2007, 09:28 PM
salamualikum.

PEOPLE DON'T ANSWER HE'S DOING OVER DOSE NEPHEW!!!

&& U && DIE DUN GO TOGETHER DUDE ALWAYS ''FISH N CHIPS'' hmppft! deary me chandooo && diet a big NO!

well well erm depends if ya doc give 'em!

so NO U CAN'T TAKE 'EM NO U WANA BECOME A BODY BULIDER BUT NO U CAN'T!

Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
03-19-2007, 09:35 PM
omega 3 das menno be good for you

erm...dun rely on tabs though

try erm fruit/veggies containing those vitamin levels

don't take overdoses :laugh: :X

Medication sux +o( why would you put urself through all that

Jus' be good :D

You don't have to look like HHH to be fit :-[

pshh men!

Peace baby bro!

H4RUN
03-19-2007, 09:42 PM

lol i should have posted as anon at this rate:p No i'm not going to go for an over dose course lol

As i said i'll be taking them along with a good diet, meaning fruit...agreed you can get most of the vitamins in fruits but like where am i meant to find zinc apart from a hi school lab :p

JazakAllah for replies :D.....oh and HHH? No Comment! *dissapointed*lol:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
why do u need vitamins anyway? may i ask?

once i advised at a younger age to take vitamins.....but me and my mum refused..its not needed....

Kittygyal
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
salamualikum
in our we now? hmpppft lol i see in a science lab where the teacher is going to be next to you middle of lesson texting AUNT humm shilli dude, anywho i guess just carry on going to gym && coming back with bones falling down that suits ya then a big massage from the cat lol ''hospital hospital'

okay serious now, okay as our gonna go on diet you don't need it? your NOT fat at all u chandoo stop acting to become the fittest dude on earth cause you can't be so i guess this thread is rubbish.

now now i guess next time for picnics we need to take VEG

NOW GET TA SLEEP! OTHERWISE U WON'T BE ABLE TO WAKE UP FOR COLLEGE TOMMORROW && THEN I GOTCA KEEP && WAKING U UP!!!

ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
:salamext:

ma dad use to ask me to take omega fish oil bro, dont see nethin wrong wiv it :) it helps ur joints stay healthy.

And the sunnah is the best medecine!

All the best ;)

H4RUN
03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
why do u need vitamins anyway? may i ask?

once i advised at a younger age to take vitamins.....but me and my mum refused..its not needed....
Well, vitamins are vitamins eh? Firstly, if i cant get enough of certain vitamins the tabs can hopefuly help me there..secondly nutrition..along with healthy diet i thought maybe it will be a good idea...

And as i said, sometimes you just cant be sure what foods have what in them, i mean whats got zinc in? Cornflakes?:p

Muezzin
03-19-2007, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:salamext:

ma dad use to ask me to take omega fish oil bro, dont see nethin wrong wiv it :) it helps ur joints stay healthy.

And the sunnah is the best medecine!

All the best ;)
But fish oil is nasty!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-19-2007, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
But fish oil is nasty!
agreed , but hey whats good is good eh :p

H4RUN
03-19-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
But fish oil is nasty!
Hence the tablet matey!

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 12:44 AM
i take them, they make you feel more lively becuase, i get like sleppy very easy i decided to take them and ever since i have been feeling VERY active mashaAllah!

subhanAllah!

SirZubair
03-20-2007, 05:36 AM
Best Vitamin Tab's on the market ( in my opinion )

I have two daily, Also i have Fresh Vege Juice in the morning ( can't beat carrot juice ) ( not the 'ready made crap' ) as well as Raw Veges ( not boiled, not baked, not fried.. ) for lunch, mainly carrots and capcicums.

Vitamins are your friend ;)

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.

PEOPLE DON'T ANSWER HE'S DOING OVER DOSE NEPHEW!!!

&& U && DIE DUN GO TOGETHER DUDE ALWAYS ''FISH N CHIPS'' hmppft! deary me chandooo && diet a big NO!

well well erm depends if ya doc give 'em!

so NO U CAN'T TAKE 'EM NO U WANA BECOME A BODY BULIDER BUT NO U CAN'T!

Ma'assalama
What the hell...
..no offence, but please consider visiting :

www.dictionary.com

before posting in the future... :phew

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
salam
TAKE A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!! ^
ma'assalama

SirZubair
03-20-2007, 10:37 AM
salam
TAKE A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!! ^
ma'assalama
LEAVE ME ALONE !!!

:phew

Pk_#2
03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

lol i should have posted as anon at this rate:p No i'm not going to go for an over dose course lol

As i said i'll be taking them along with a good diet, meaning fruit...agreed you can get most of the vitamins in fruits but like where am i meant to find zinc apart from a hi school lab :p

JazakAllah for replies :D.....oh and HHH? No Comment! *dissapointed*lol:w:
don't be, i have no clue who or what that thing is +o(

*having trouble with cardboard jilabab* need sum lenor comfort or wah eva

Anyways jus' eat healthily too much tabs and medications can't be good

if you wana take these vit tabs for zinc or wah eva take a lil bit at a tym

don't overload your body wid new groce stuff!

+o(+o(+o(+o(+o(+o(:-[

..don't even think bout it baby bro, ano wah ur gonna say!

Peace :D

SirZubair
03-20-2007, 10:41 AM
You should visit that website too..

Woodrow
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Unless a person is into strenuous activity, on a limited diet or has a known deficiency vitamin supplements are unneeded and a waste of money. Your body can only use so much and since most are water soluble the excess just passes through your body.

The only danger is that a few of the fat soluble vitamins can build up in your body and cause problems same with some of mineral supplements. A little Zinc is necessary, a little more is beneficial an excess is dangerous.

The average person who eats a well balanced diet should have no need for them. Even those who do need them normaly do not need or can even use meg-doses. There are some exceptions and that will be body builders, athletes and people who do heavy physical labor. Even then it is best to get advice from a Doctor or a good Physical Coach before taking any.

Pk_#2
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
You should visit that website too..
Theres nothing wrong with it :raging: :laugh:

You visit it too! :statisfie

Musaafirah
03-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Best Vitamin Tab's on the market ( in my opinion )

I have two daily, Also i have Fresh Vege Juice in the morning ( can't beat carrot juice ) ( not the 'ready made crap' ) as well as Raw Veges ( not boiled, not baked, not fried.. ) for lunch, mainly carrots and capcicums.

Vitamins are your friend ;)

What the hell...
..no offence, but please consider visiting :

www.dictionary.com

before posting in the future... :phew
GOODNESS...I thought the limit was one a day..for an ADULT.. I took them for about 3 months last year..didn't really notice much difference, am still incredibly lazy..
And to make matters worse, I've got vitamin D deficiency, which is apparently a reason for my laziness ^o), or shall I say lethargy..I dunno..
I've been taking vit D tablets now for the past 3 months, as well as eating mackerel fish (I know, sounds naff, but try it all fried up with loadsa onions, potatoes, tomatoes, turmeric and chilli powder, and it actually tastes nice :))
All the same, I'm still lazy :mmokay:

Pk_#2
03-20-2007, 10:59 AM
May Allah save you from al kasl (laziness)

Ameen!..

May Allah help this skinny nation of brothers esp Harooni

Ameen..

Peace!

Musaafirah
03-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Aww jazakallah! Please remember me in your duahs!

Pk_#2
InshaAllah

And remember me in yours.

Check out my userpage :)

Kittygyal
Salamualikum
Amin Thumma Amin Ya Rabbil Alameen

&&&&&&&

Ya Allah Subhanawatallah Make Nephew The Fittest Dude On Earth Inshallah Amin Thumma Amin Ya Rabbil Alameen.

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
03-20-2007, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
May Allah save you from al kasl (laziness)

Ameen!..

May Allah help this skinny nation of brothers esp Harooni

Ameen..

Peace!
AMEEN!

and me

inshaAllah

jazakAllah

:wasalamex

SirZubair
03-20-2007, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
GOODNESS...I thought the limit was one a day..for an ADULT..
The recommended doseage is 1 a day, but i was overseas when i started taking these ( in India ) and i started off taking 2 a day, because i didn't want to get 'deli belly' ( if you know what i mean.. ) and since then i've been taking 2 a day, might decrease it to 1 a day someday..

Pk_#2
03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
+IbnAbHak

...i duno why you people put urself through the disgusting medication eating life cycle#

eww!..

Jus' eat properly! :D

H4RUN
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Unless a person is into strenuous activity, on a limited diet or has a known deficiency vitamin supplements are unneeded and a waste of money. Your body can only use so much and since most are water soluble the excess just passes through your body.

The only danger is that a few of the fat soluble vitamins can build up in your body and cause problems same with some of mineral supplements. A little Zinc is necessary, a little more is beneficial an excess is dangerous.

The average person who eats a well balanced diet should have no need for them. Even those who do need them normaly do not need or can even use meg-doses. There are some exceptions and that will be body builders, athletes and people who do heavy physical labor. Even then it is best to get advice from a Doctor or a good Physical Coach before taking any.
Yeah, dont intend on doing an over dose course:p Although as you said can be of benefit to athletes, body builders and so forth....But as with Sports Protein suppliments, if you dont work out you'll just excrete out the 'Protein' so to speak...So i think to keep within bounds may well be an ok option, along with good healthy diet...inshaAllah i'll look a tad more into it before i go all tab crazy :D
Salamualikum

&&&&&&&

Ya Allah Subhanawatallah Make Nephew The Fittest Dude On Earth Inshallah Amin Thumma Amin Ya Rabbil Alameen.

Ma'assalama
lol erm ameen? a bit far fetched, hopes bit too high:p but jazakaAllah khair :D[you can dream, we can all dream lol]

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah, dont intend on doing an over dose course:p Although as you said can be of benefit to athletes, body builders and so forth....But as with Sports Protein suppliments, if you dont work out you'll just excrete out the 'Protein' so to speak...So i think to keep within bounds may well be an ok option, along with good healthy diet...inshaAllah i'll look a tad more into it before i go all tab crazy :D

lol erm ameen? a bit far fetched, hopes bit too high:p but jazakaAllah khair :D[you can dream, we can all dream lol]
salamualikum

you stupidddd nephew you have to say AMIN to a dua right? && erm no dog right so i didn't fetched did i :D yesh indeed we can ALL dream when we go ASLEEP

aww see everyone how sweet ma nephew his he loves me aww lol
ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
salamualikum

you stupidddd nephew you have to say AMIN to a dua right? && erm no dog right so i didn't fetched did i :D yesh indeed we can ALL dream when we go ASLEEP

aww see everyone how sweet ma nephew his he loves me aww lol
ma'assalama
Awwww.........some kids just don't know the meaning of respect!

kitty, it's ok......just don't put anymore good words in for him with his parents...

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
Awwww.........some kids just don't know the meaning of respect!

kitty, it's ok......just don't put anymore good words in for him with his parents...

salam.
yh tell me about it, but nah sis he's not always like this i must admit he really loves his Aunt cause i always take him out to picnics && treat him && give him alot of dosh but at times he can be a pain but love 'em tho. But But infront of his parents he's an angel && now i must be quiet before he actually prints this out && shows it to his big Uncle :X
ma'assalama

SUMMAYAH
03-20-2007, 08:26 PM
salam.
yh tell me about it, but nah sis he's not always like this i must admit he really loves his Aunt cause i always take him out to picnics && treat him && give him alot of dosh but at times he can be a pain but love 'em tho. But But infront of his parents he's an angel && now i must be quiet before he actually prints this out && shows it to his big Uncle :X
ma'assalama

lol!
*and just to keep on track with the thread* Be careful with the vitamins!

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
lol!
*and just to keep on track with the thread* Be careful with the vitamins!
salamualikum.
yeah so lets not get carried away inshallah. :X about vitamins tablets i guess you must take it easy && ask your sceince teacher.
ma'assalama

H4RUN
03-20-2007, 08:35 PM
salamualikum.
yeah so lets not get carried away inshallah. :X about vitamins tablets i guess you must take it easy && ask your sceince teacher.
ma'assalama

My former science teacher was a legend:p He set his hand on fire by adding too much petrol to something:p Nearly ended up burning the class room down;D So i wont ask him....
JazakAllah again for your replies:) Much obliged:)fiamanAllah

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 08:40 PM

My former science teacher was a legend:p He set his hand on fire by adding too much petrol to something:p Nearly ended up burning the class room down;D So i wont ask him....
JazakAllah again for your replies:) Much obliged:)fiamanAllah
salamualikum.
humm now now i wouldn't mind telling, anywho petrol? petrol? what an earth was that doing in a science lab? that t-cha needs to get SACKED! call the cops 999!!! no wonder you learn evil stuff from him! thats it am gonna go tommorrow to bedford && get him sacked!

anywho, no worries erm you know the meaning of ''abliged''? :p

Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
03-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Salamualikum

Ma'assalama
Agreed !

now please excuse me while i laughmao!

Kittygyal
03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Agreed !

now please excuse me while i laughmao!
salamualikum.
OHH MY.... dude edit yh post qucik time :blind:

well everyone MUST agree with the AUNT because respect ma bludz ma nephew is trying his best to be the fittest man he's gonna go on ''worlds guenius records''.

by the way i must admit he aint even fat so i dunno whats wrong with him these days. well i guess it's all about ''growing up'' humm

well nephew don't worry all healthy snack...... So i sugess you should save your dosh instead of buying ''chicken && chips'', enough respect to ma bublly nephew :D

Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
03-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Dun tell him to edit his post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let him get his first pressie on Li

i mean infraction hehe :p

Is harooni eatin dat stuff den? or nah!

SirZubair
03-21-2007, 05:43 PM
.... argh,... i am really trying my best to hold back on my comments..

Pk_#2
03-21-2007, 05:47 PM
GRR..

You need some exercise bro!

Try the splits! And...urm...

Try this +o( It works :D

H4RUN
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Dun tell him to edit his post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let him get his first pressie on Li

i mean infraction hehe :p

Is harooni eatin dat stuff den? or nah!
:sl: If you're reffering to moi:p then the aswer is, nope:D well not yet atleast..

'U know you wanna'
GRR..

You need some exercise bro!

Try the splits! And...urm...

Try this +o( It works :D
Yeah dude try the splits:D 'No pain, no gain' lol
salamualikum.
OHH MY.... dude edit yh post qucik time :blind:

well everyone MUST agree with the AUNT because respect ma bludz ma nephew is trying his best to be the fittest man he's gonna go on ''worlds guenius records''.

Ma'assalama
lol fittest geezer? :p far far from it:D

Masalama
May the force be with ya'll:D

SirZubair
03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
'U know you wanna'

I know i want to... but the "i can't spell for $H!+" crew will report my posts and get them removed again... :exhausted

Seriously, the two of you, visit that website i recommended to you earlier.

The odd balls-up is fine, but your posts are just ridiculous.

'eatin' 'dat' 'den'...

... what are you,.. a bloody german or something? :enough!:

E'jaazi
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Do your research and buy name brands. They make quality all natural vitamins. Some companies make synthetic vitamins that are no good for you. Eat healthy. Some names I know are Solgar, Nature's Answer, GNC, and Whole Foods Brand.

Snowflake
03-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Like Br. Woodrow said, you don't need vitamins if you're eating a well balanced diet.

Somebody advised taking Centrum. These are not suitable for muslims.

Is Centrum suitable for vegetarians?
Centrum is not suitable for vegetarians.

The range contains ingredients of animal origin, therefore it is not vegetarian or kosher.

The ingredients of animal origin are:

Magnesium stearate
Stearic acid
Gelatine

SirZubair
03-22-2007, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Like Br. Woodrow said, you don't need vitamins if you're eating a well balanced diet.
I don't agree with that, seeing how the majority of the food that we consume these days are filled with rubbish, that is including the Fruits and Veges.

Look for a book called "The warrior diet" at your local ( good ) bookstore.

Somebody advised taking Centrum. These are not suitable for muslims.
That was me.

Jazakallah for bringing this to my attention Sis, may allah swt reward you.

http://www.centrumvitamins.ca/content/faq/default.asp

I didn't think of doing a research on the pills because i always buy them from a Muslim Pharmacist, whom i trust.

I will make him aware of this so that he doesn't sell it to any other muslims.

Snowflake
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
SirZubair;691574]I don't agree with that, seeing how the majority of the food that we consume these days are filled with rubbish, that is including the Fruits and Veges.
You do have a point there. Perhaps certain individuals can benefit from an extra multi vitamin. But if a person is well nourished/over nourished then they don't need them.

Jazakallah for bringing this to my attention Sis, may allah swt reward you.

I will make him aware of this so that he doesn't sell it to any other muslims
Ur WC- ameen. That's good mashaAllah. What we really need to do is compile a list of all haram products and give them to as many people as we can.

If I was rich. I mean when I will be rich inshaAllah. I will open a supermarket where there won't be one haram product in site. So muslims can just pick up stuff without having to read labels or unknowlingly eat haram. InshaAllah, inshaAllah, inshaAllah!

We should push muslim supermarkets/shops to do that. But something tells me they won't bother.

Pk_#2
03-22-2007, 12:25 PM

"Oh People of Imaan! Eat of the pure things (Halal) that We have provided for you, and be grateful to Allah" - (Al-Baqarah 2:172)

Peace :D

Snowflake
03-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Concerning vitamins, I thought I'd mention that Boots & Holland & Barrat do 'suitable for vegetarian' ones.

p.s. beware some vege products may contain alcohol. So check with manufacturer!

Kittygyal
03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
I only pick on you 'cos i care for you..
..and i pick on Ribena girl 'cos its fun.. :exhausted
salamualikum

:lol: :omg: :skeleton:

okay lets try to stick on topic inshallah, before NEPHEW shouts at me.

anywho harry ate ''chicken n chips'' today earlier on so i guess this ''diet'' isn't working after all ah well we need to try to buy some ''Vitamin Tablets'' now inshallah. Please Allah subhwnatallah make my nephew very strong and also make him proud of what he is and what he looks like inshallah, Amin Thumma Amin Ya Rabbil Alameen!

Ma'assalama

SirZubair
03-23-2007, 05:39 AM
Sis, i also found this on their website :

2. What is the gelatin source in Centrum Products?
The gelatin used in Centrum comes from different animals, which might include pork gelatin sometimes. However, the gelatin undergoes a rigorous chemical heat processing. We have spoken to a number of Imams regarding their religious concerns. They felt that because the gelatin goes through a chemical processing which changes the nature of the gelatin and because of the anticipated benefit to individual health, it is reasonable to use this product. In the end, it is the consumer's decision to accept this point of view or not based on personal convictions.
Now the question is... who are these imams?

Al-Zaara
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM

Stay on topic people.

Eating healthy and exercising is your best vitamin. But sometime, people lack of some vitamins, so try to find out what you need or what can make you healthier, by going to the doctor for example and talk about your diet...

H4RUN
03-27-2007, 06:34 PM

^What if to your knowledge you don't really lack alot of a certain vitamin, you just want to take them to help with erm pysical stuff, sports etc...that's where i'd like to know if side affect may occur

Muezzin
03-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Why don't you ask your doctor? I'm not sure how many people here are qualified to give advice that is guaranteed not to harm or kill you. :)

Snowflake
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
SirZubair:
2. What is the gelatin source in Centrum Products?
The gelatin used in Centrum comes from different animals, which might include pork gelatin sometimes. However, the gelatin undergoes a rigorous chemical heat processing. We have spoken to a number of Imams regarding their religious concerns. They felt that because the gelatin goes through a chemical processing which changes the nature of the gelatin and because of the anticipated benefit to individual health, it is reasonable to use this product. In the end, it is the consumer's decision to accept this point of view or not based on personal convictions.

Now the question is... who are these imams?
Although this is a matter of fiqh that some substances which were once najis become taahir due to changes, i.e. animal skins, it does not apply to gelatine/food. Firstly because Allah has forbidden eating everything of that which comes from a haram source.

"And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned for indeed, it is grave disobedience. (Quran: Al-Anam: 121)

Pig is haram. Period. We cannot zibha it, like other animals, so there's no question of anything from it being halal.

As for chemical changes of pig/animal derived gelatine, experts who have looked into the matter have determined that gelatine is not sufficiently altered from its original source for it to be deemed another material.

Also, heating food in a microwave changes it's molecular structure. But you can't heat up a pork chop or meat upon which Allah's name has not been recited and call it halal just because it's molecular structure has changed. :mmokay:

E'jaazi
03-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Although this is a matter of fiqh that some substances which were once najis become taahir due to changes, i.e. animal skins, it does not apply to gelatine/food. Firstly because Allah has forbidden eating everything of that which comes from a haram source.

"And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned for indeed, it is grave disobedience. (Quran: Al-Anam: 121)

Pig is haram. Period. We cannot zibha it, like other animals, so there's no question of anything from it being halal.

As for chemical changes of pig/animal derived gelatine, experts who have looked into the matter have determined that gelatine is not sufficiently altered from its original source for it to be deemed another material.

Also, heating food in a microwave changes it's molecular structure. But you can't heat up a pork chop or meat upon which Allah's name has not been recited and call it halal just because it's molecular structure has changed. :mmokay:

Also, to add to this point, the muslim is advised to stay away from questionable matters in order to safe guard his/her religion. But the sister puts forth a very strong point.

Snowflake
03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi
Also, to add to this point, the muslim is advised to stay away from questionable matters in order to safe guard his/her religion. But the sister puts forth a very strong point.
thank you

and a good point.. it certainly is better for ones piety to refrain from that which is doubtful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.