/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Gospel of Jesus

don532
03-19-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm still reading and thinking. I've searched here and I began to wonder something I hope someone can clarify for me. The Injeel is one of the books of God, which Muslims honor. It is read today using the Qur'an as a guide to discern what is true and what is corrupt. I think I understand that correctly.

If the deity of Christ is deleted from the Injeel based on what is in the Qur'an, what is left of his gospel? I have used an online search tool to try to find all the references to Isa in the Qur'an and I don't see anything to specifically describe the gospel of Jesus. What I mean is, what is his message if he is not a deity, Son of God, etc.? What is the Muslim interpretation of the Gospel of Jesus? What was he a prophet of? I hope I am able to be clear in my question and not be insulting.

Perhaps there is a thread here that will answer this I have not found. Any insight on this question would be most appreciated. Thank you and peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
03-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Salaam,

What all the BOOK contain are the same

GOD is ONE
Do not WORSHIP IDOLS..
Do not take partners unto GOD.

And again you are mistaken about the Gospel now and Injeel...

They are not the same,Injel is given to Propeht Jesus as but the Gospel is man made..Gospel according to Mark,luke and so on..inspiration as admitted by the church..

NoName55
03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by don532
I'm still reading and thinking. I've searched here and I began to wonder something I hope someone can clarify for me. The Injeel is one of the books of God, which Muslims honor. It is read today using the Qur'an as a guide to discern what is true and what is corrupt. I think I understand that correctly.

If the deity of Christ is deleted from the Injeel based on what is in the Qur'an, what is left of his gospel? I have used an online search tool to try to find all the references to Isa in the Qur'an and I don't see anything to specifically describe the gospel of Jesus. What I mean is, what is his message if he is not a deity, Son of God, etc.? What is the Muslim interpretation of the Gospel of Jesus? What was he a prophet of? I hope I am able to be clear in my question and not be insulting.

Perhaps there is a thread here that will answer this I have not found. Any insight on this question would be most appreciated. Thank you and peace.
I'll try to give you my understanding of Jesus the Christ. (even though I know I'll be shreded to pieces by many of the strays that roam here unfettered) Because I can't quote from any of my fave scholars due to anti_Islaam elements are offended by their names.

here goes .... do'nt quote me on this... for most part its borrowed

Believers of Islam, including the Prophet Mohammad P.B.U.H himself, held Jesus in high esteem. The swiftness and ease with which they understand that Jesus P.B.U.H would dispose of the Dajjal/Anti-Christ, along with the comprehensiveness of his restoration of God's Kingdom, is an indication of the supreme place He P.B.U.H is held in their hearts and minds.

Before re-appearing of Jesus P.B.U.H:

In the Last Days, wickedness will increase so greatly on the earth that Islam will fade and the Qur'an will return to Heaven. Prayers will be dead.

The Anti-Christ/Dajjaal who will rise from an area named as khorasan in prophecy to deceive the world. His deception will be the single greatest assault on the Truth of God in all time. Believers will long to die to escape it. His power will be so great that even those in their graves will be afraid of him.

The person who will conquer the Dajjal is Jesus the Christ, whom God will send from Heaven for this purpose.

When the Dajjal sees Jesus, he will dissolve as salt dissolves in water. Jesus will destroy the greatest power of evil in history with one look.

After he has destroyed the Dajjal, Jesus will reverse the tide of wickedness and increase righteousness, hatred and enmity will be removed, sickness and death banished, and nature renewed in perfect harmony.

In short, when Jesus descends from Heaven, the earth will shine with the light of God. The early believers clearly saw the day of Jesus' reappearing as wonderful and glorious - Paradise on earth. But later on Paul and his cohorts amalgamated Religion of One God with Roman paganism and promoted Jesus from Christ/Messiah to God. Also abolished The Law (commandments).

Who is Jesus? Who is he who will satisfy all the aspirations, longings and needs of mankind? Who is he who is going to solve all the problems of the world and restore creation to its original state as made by God the Almighty (His, mine and your Creator)?

P.S. I have copy/pasted heavily from someone else's work.

don532
03-20-2007, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

What all the BOOK contain are the same

GOD is ONE
Do not WORSHIP IDOLS..
Do not take partners unto GOD.

And again you are mistaken about the Gospel now and Injeel...

They are not the same,Injel is given to Propeht Jesus as but the Gospel is man made..Gospel according to Mark,luke and so on..inspiration as admitted by the church..
Okay. I accept I do not know the answers. That is why I ask. Injel is given to prophet Jesus and the gospels are man made. I thought the Injel was the new testament. Do we have any idea what its original message was?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
don532
03-20-2007, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I'll try to give you my understanding of Jesus the Christ. (even though I know I'll be shreded to pieces by many of the strays that roam here unfettered) Because I can't quote from any of my fave scholars due to anti_Islaam elements are offended by their names.

Believers of Islam, including the Prophet Mohammad P.B.U.H himself, held Jesus in high esteem. The swiftness and ease with which they understand that Jesus P.B.U.H would dispose of the Dajjal/Anti-Christ, along with the comprehensiveness of his restoration of God's Kingdom, is an indication of the supreme place He P.B.U.H is held in their hearts and minds.

Before re-appearing of Jesus P.B.U.H:

In the Last Days, wickedness will increase so greatly on the earth that Islam will fade and the Qur'an will return to Heaven. Prayers will be dead.

The Anti-Christ/Dajjaal who will rise from an area named as khorasan in prophecy to deceive the world. His deception will be the single greatest assault on the Truth of God in all time. Believers will long to die to escape it. His power will be so great that even those in their graves will be afraid of him.

The person who will conquer the Dajjal is Jesus the Christ, whom God will send from Heaven for this purpose.

When the Dajjal sees Jesus, he will dissolve as salt dissolves in water. Jesus will destroy the greatest power of evil in history with one look.

After he has destroyed the Dajjal, Jesus will reverse the tide of wickedness and increase righteousness, hatred and enmity will be removed, sickness and death banished, and nature renewed in perfect harmony.

In short, when Jesus descends from Heaven, the earth will shine with the light of God. The early believers clearly saw the day of Jesus' reappearing as wonderful and glorious - Paradise on earth. But later on Paul and his cohorts amalgamated Religion of One God with Roman paganism and promoted Jesus from Christ/Messiah to God. Also abolished The Law (commandments).

Who is Jesus? Who is he who satisfies all the aspirations, longings and needs of all mankind? Who is he who is going to solve all the problems of the world and restore creation to its original state as made by God the Almighty (His, mine and your Creator)?

Wow. I had no idea. Is this (about the dajjal and end times, etc.) in the Qur'an or some other writing?
Do we know any of what Jesus said or did while on earth outside of the gospel writings that claim his deity?

Thanks once again.

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 12:28 AM
"When the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold your people, raise a clamour at it (in ridicule); they say, "Are our gods better or he?" This they set forth to you only by way of disputation. They are, but a contentious people. He was no more than a servant. We granted Our favour upon him and We made him an example to the Children of Israel. And if it were Our will We could make angels from amongst you succeeding each other on the earth. And he (Jesus) shall undoubtedly be a sign for the coming of the Hour of Judgment. Therefore, have no doubt about the Hour but follow Me. This is a straight way (Quran, 43: 57-61)

NoName55
03-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Wow. I had no idea. Is this (about the dajjal and end times, etc.) in the Qur'an or some other writing?
Do we know any of what Jesus said or did while on earth outside of the gospel writings that claim his deity?

Thanks once again.
yes, there is mention of some Jesus' sayings in Qura'an.
as far as far his being a diety, we are back to square one again. I have a feeling that no matter how much I quote from Quraan concerning Christ, is not going to be of any use, with that I take my leave from you, good luck with whatever it is that you are trying to do

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM

Thanks once again.
can you show me a passage where he says im your lord worsip me?..(in the bible:) (astagfirulah)

don532
03-20-2007, 12:44 AM
yes, there is mention of some Jesus' sayings in Qura'an.
as far as far his being a diety, we are back to square one again. I have a feeling that no matter how much I quote from Quraan concerning Christ, is not going to be of any use, with that I take my leave from you, good luck with whatever it is that you are trying to do
No! I am assuming his non diety is true here!
The gospels are full of claiming his diety. What then is the gospel of Jesus? Because of the corruption in the Bible, do we have anything left?

Do you not understand I am trying to learn the Muslim perspective here. I am not attacking or trying to make converts. I thought we could share our different beliefs like reasonable people here.

I understand the Muslim perspective on Jesus is that he was not a God. I am not disputing or arguing that. The fact Jesus is not a God to the Muslim leads me to the question - what then is the Muslim perspective of Jesus' purpose on earth? I don't see that as an attack or a devious question.

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 12:46 AM
yes, we do, still there is some bits.

don532
03-20-2007, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
yes, we do, still there is some bits.
Finally an answer. Thank you.
I can't seem to find much in my search of the Qur'an as to what those bits are. What is the message of Jesus in the Muslim perspective? Is it only relating to the end times?

جوري
03-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Finally an answer. Thank you.
I can't seem to find much in my search of the Qur'an as to what those bits are. What is the message of Jesus in the Muslim perspective? Is it only relating to the end times?
Try to read the following suras from the Quran first with transliteration
sura (2,3,4,5,6 and 19)... as they include heavy details about Jesus (PBUH) including some things probably not known to you from the bible.. one being Jesus speaking as an infant... and if you don't have a clear idea from these suras or if you have specific questions then some of the members can help you with tafseer Insha'Allah-- as for my most basic understanding of Jesus (PBUH) is he was a messenger of G-D sent to (bani Israel) but they didn't like him.. there is a verse in the Quran about that "
We gave Musa(Moses) the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers; We gave 'Isa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a Messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride? Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay! 2.87"

to make a long story short... they conspired to crucify him but failed and so G-D raised him-- and he'll come back as a sign of the hour, and to establish G-D's laws and finally to die here on earth as is the lot of man. Only G-D is ever living...

I hope this helps?

Peace!

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 01:29 AM
yeah i will do that

don532
03-20-2007, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Try to read the following suras from the Quran first with transliteration
sura (2,3,4,5,6 and 19)... as they include heavy details about Jesus (PBUH) including some things probably not known to you from the bible.. one being Jesus speaking as an infant... and if you don't have a clear idea from these suras or if you have specific questions then some of the members can help you with tafseer Insha'Allah-- as for my most basic understanding of Jesus (PBUH) is he was a messenger of G-D sent to (bani Israel) but they didn't like him.. there is a verse in the Quran about that "
We gave Musa(Moses) the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers; We gave 'Isa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a Messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride? Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay! 2.87"

to make a long story short... they conspired to crucify him but failed and so G-D raised him-- and he'll come back as a sign of the hour, and to establish G-D's laws and finally to die here on earth as is the lot of man. Only G-D is ever living...

I hope this helps?

Peace!
Yes that helps. I will read those surahs in their entirety then. All I have done so far is a word search.

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 01:33 AM
sorry wrong website :D

DAWUD_adnan
03-20-2007, 01:38 AM
003.042 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.

003.043 "O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down."

003.044 This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Apostle!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).

003.045 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God;

003.046 "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

003.047 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: God createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!

003.048 "And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

003.049 "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by God's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

003.050 "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear God, and obey me.

003.051 "'It is God Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"

003.052 When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) God?" Said the disciples: "We are God's helpers: We believe in God, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.

003.053 "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Apostle; then write us down among those who bear witness."

003.054 And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and God too planned, and the best of planners is God.

003.055 Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

003.056 "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

003.057 "As to those who believe and work righteousness, God will pay them (in full) their reward; but God loveth not those who do wrong."

003.058 "This is what we rehearse unto thee of the Signs and the Message of Wisdom."

003.059 The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

003.060 The Truth (comes) from God alone; so be not of those who doubt.

Copied from: http://www.jannah.org/qurantrans/quran3.html

YusufNoor
03-20-2007, 03:38 AM
A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu alaykum wa'rahma-tullahi, wa'barakatahu Drother Don,

here's an online searchable Qur'an link:

http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/

i'm in a hurry to get back to the Masjid for Esha, but Insha' Allah when i have time i'll insert a few quotes from Shayk Khalid Yasin's the Historical Jesus! a great dvd, by the way!

EDIT: you'll have to use Isa instead of Jesus(as)

:w:

Yusuf

don532
03-20-2007, 04:08 AM
Thank you for that link. I find such tools useful to help with my limited understanding. I have bookmarked it.

I reread previous posts in this thread once again. Perhaps my thinking, because of my background, may have been faulted in the Muslim perspective when even starting this thread. It seems the answer is that the gospels are corrupt, so then there really is no gospel of Jesus, as I think of it, in Islam because what is in the Qur'an is all the knowledge necessary. Am I making some sense?

Thank you for sharing your faith with me. I hope no offense is taken to my questions.

Grace Seeker
03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
The early believers clearly saw the day of Jesus' reappearing as wonderful and glorious - Paradise on earth. But later on Paul and his cohorts amalgamated Religion of One God with Roman paganism and promoted Jesus from Christ/Messiah to God. Also abolished The Law (commandments).
Please help educate me on what you know of Jesus from before the time of Paul. What source do you have for any teachings of Jesus which were written before the time of Paul?

NoName55
03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Please help educate me on what you know of Jesus from before the time of Paul. What source do you have for any teachings of Jesus which were written before the time of Paul?
No, Not Allowed, It apparently upsets some non-Muslims to look at names of certain scholars and their work. I was asked by admin not to quote from them since they are not members here to defend their works.
I just realised that it must have meant their works or any part thereof.

I would just refer you back to my original post and 3 lines specifically

.................................................. ................

I almost said, greetings brother at start of post and peace at the end, then I realised that I'd need to prove my sincerity so better not.

anyway you shouldn't pay to much mind to my posts for it could be that my Christ may be someone other than the one you worship. It has to be, because I dont worship mine

Note to LIStaff: Note that It was a mistake to make that post(did not understand message fully, but now I got it), hopefully that was last mistake I make

NoName55
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
@grace seeker
did a search using keywords "green" and "khalid yasin" those 2 brothers have alot to say on subject of my post. you might want to hear them they seem to have same ideas I have, regarding Christ

Grace Seeker
03-20-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry. I don't find anything using the search you suggest.
If it's on topic, I don't understand why you can't post it here. If you really feel that you can't because of LI rules, then send it to me as either a PM or email it to me.

I almost said, greetings brother at start of post and peace at the end, then I realised that I'd need to prove my sincerity so better not.
And I deserved that comment. Thanks for putting me back in line.

NoName55
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry. If it's on topic, I don't understand why you can't post it here. If you really feel that you can't because of LI rules, then send it to me as either a PM or email it to me.

And I deserved that comment. Thanks for putting me back in line.
then we back to being brothers? :) then :w:

eMail because I disabled my PM thing except for staff

Grace Seeker
03-20-2007, 10:53 PM
then we back to being brothers? :) then :w:
certainly

eMail because I disabled my PM thing except for staff
Well, you can still PM me. So do that and give me your email and then I can email you mine. I'm a little hesitant just posting my email address for the rest of the world, not that every spammer in the universe doesn't already have it.

NoName55
03-20-2007, 11:57 PM
certainly

Well, you can still PM me. So do that and give me your email and then I can email you mine. I'm a little hesitant just posting my email address for the rest of the world, not that every spammer in the universe doesn't already have it.
To make my original post I used or drew info or remembered from following works

Abdul-Raheem Green - passion of Jesus son of mary
Bilal Philips - The Message of Jesus Christ
Bilal Philips - The True message of jesus
Khalid Yasin - Historical Jesus
Khalid Yasin - Jesus A Prophet of Allah
Khalid Yasin - Mary The Mother Of Jesus
Yusuf Estes - Jesus - Holy Sprit and Muhammad
Yusuf Estes - Jesus of Islam
Estes, Philips - Jesus and The Message
Harun Yahya - jesus did not die
Yosuf Buks - Jesus: The Prophet of Islam
Quraan - Jesus Will Return
Quraan - Jesus, Son of Mary
Ahmed Ali - The Return of Jesus A.S.
Yahiya Emerick - Who was Jesus
What Did Jesus Really Say
Religious Heroes 2 - Moses and Jesus (foundation of western civilisation)
Jesus and the New Testament (foundation of western civilisation)
Rabbi Singer How Do Missionaries Paint Jesus
Paulism v christianity
PBS - Frontline From.Jesus.To.Christ.The.First.Christians 4DVDs
Robert Oden - Christianity - Jesus & the Gospel Tradition
Andrew Braddock -The Muslim Jesus
The Signs of Jesus' Second Coming
national geographic - The Secret Bible
BBC - Jesus The Real Story
BBC - did jesus die

and I have listened to Br. salim Morgan [(finding God) +many more of his &
Br. Estes talks]for about a gazzilion times

edit:
~ The Apocrypha ~
http://www.thenazareneway.com/apocrypha.htm

Ma'aslaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.