/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aethiests - Read Quran?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Peace,

I hope your all well.

My question is quite simple, Have you read the Quran in its pure arabic form and if you have please let us know how it felt.

I mean read it properly, with ablution.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
03-21-2007, 05:37 AM
i can't imagine that there are very many atheists running around out there that could read the qur'an in arabic.
i wish i could - that would be cool.

north_malaysian
03-21-2007, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i can't imagine that there are very many atheists running around out there that could read the qur'an in arabic.
i wish i could - that would be cool.
that's why NO Atheist has vote yet.:exhausted

Woodrow
03-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Going to be as difficult poll to find somebody to vote honestly on. Although we do have several Atheist members I do not believe any of them read Arabic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
03-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Unless this poll is conducted in Arabic speaking forum....

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Unless this poll is conducted in Arabic speaking forum....
interesting idea...

Re.TiReD
03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Good Ques but I don't think many would have read it in Arabic, properly AND with wudhu...I'm sure many may have read the meaning of it..maybe you should rephrase the ques...

iqbal_soofi
03-21-2007, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Peace,

I hope your all well.

My question is quite simple, Have you read the Quran in its pure arabic form and if you have please let us know how it felt.

I mean read it properly, with ablution.
Why would an athiest read Quran in the first place?

Secondly, if you really want to do something good, then just do it.

There're a plenty of good things in Quran. You can read all those good things no matter what language you read it in. But the problem is that those who read Quran only talk about good things. They don't do those good things like all others including the athiests. Whenever, a move for development or betterment is initiated, the Quran readers oppose the move by proving it not as 100% according to Quran. Therefore, a change for good can never take place in societies where these people are strong.

Ebtisweetsam
01-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Very old poll....
It doesnt matter whether an Athiest reads the Quran or not... what matters is whether they had an OPEN MIND when reading the Qu'ran, be it a translation or the Qur'an in Arabic itself.... people are just as moved when reading a translation of the Qur'an in any language. This is generally the excuse.... if it WAS in Arabic, maybe i would have been affected....:)

thirdwatch512
01-19-2008, 05:26 AM
I have read the Qu'ran several times.. But not in arabic. Just in French and English. But I am trying to learn Arabic and hope to one day read it in Arabic!

Now I have heard the Qu'ran being RECITED in Arabic.. And I felt nothing. It reminded me of a Jew reciting the 10 Commandments in the Bible!

Since I do not know arabic I did not vote.

Ebtisweetsam
01-19-2008, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
I have read the Qu'ran several times.. But not in arabic. Just in French and English. But I am trying to learn Arabic and hope to one day read it in Arabic!

Now I have heard the Qu'ran being RECITED in Arabic.. And I felt nothing. It reminded me of a Jew reciting the 10 Commandments in the Bible!

Since I do not know arabic I did not vote.
Nice honest answer... just means the veil is still covering your heart, thats all :D

Malaikah
01-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Now I have heard the Qu'ran being RECITED in Arabic.. And I felt nothing.
It's hard to feel something if you don't understand it.

thirdwatch512
01-19-2008, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Nice honest answer... just means the veil is still covering your heart, thats all :D
Lol maybe you are right! We never know lol

Pk_#2
01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Lol maybe you are right! We never know lol
That is saddening brother Thirdwatch512, Listen to it again with the translation next to it,

Just out of curiosity whose recitation was it? It is best in my opinion to listen to someone with a melodious voice and then move onto the heart rendering powerful recitations after that,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.