/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dua after magrib and fajr?

normansti
03-20-2007, 11:44 PM
I heard there is a dua to say after magrib and fajr to protect us, anybody know it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-20-2007, 11:55 PM
allahumma ajjirni minnannar

ya Allah protect us from the fire

recite this after fajr and maghrib and you will be protected throughout the whole day from hell if you die in that state inshaAllah

I think you have to recite it sevent imes.... inshaAllah someone can post the hadith

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
:salamext:

Can you provide some daleel for that please?:)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

Can you provide some daleel for that please?:)

Al-Harith ibn Muslim at-Tamimi said, "The Prophet said to me, 'When you pray Subh, say seven times before speaking, 'O Allah, protect me from the Fire.' If you die on that day, Allah will write for you protection from the Fire. When you pray Maghrib, say seven times before speaking, 'O Allah, protect me from the Fire.' If you die that night, Allah will write for you protection from the Fire.'

(an-Nasa'i, and Abu Dawud)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
03-21-2007, 03:49 PM
:sl:

^Jazakallah for sharing bro^

vpb
03-21-2007, 03:52 PM
When you pray Subh, say seven times before speaking,
what speaking?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
what speaking?
i think it means before uttering any words bro :)

does this seem strange to you? Ive seen hadith stating that if one makes wudhu and then prays jumuah without talking he gets imense reward and other hadith stating that if one makes wudhu and then prays 2 rakaat nawwafil without talking gets immense rewards and many of the like.

Allahs given us so many avenues, how many do we take?

vpb
03-21-2007, 03:59 PM
does this seem strange to you? Ive seen hadith stating that if one makes wudhu and then prays jumuah without talking he gets imense reward and other hadith stating that if one makes wudhu and then prays 2 rakaat nawwafil without talking gets immense rewards and many of the like.
there is another hadith that if you take ghusl on friday, and put parfume, and listen to the khutba, your past sins are forgiven. And I think scholars said that it means that you have to take ghusl and with that ghusl pray jumma.

there are 10000 of options :), subhanallah, it just depends on us, which one we want to choose :)
Allahu Akbar.

Khayal
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
:sl:

Check out this link you will find out IshaAllah. but this thread is in urdu.

http://www.islamicboard.com/urdu/752...-k-azkaar.html

:w:

Pk_#2
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Is it ok to say the words in english 7 times

instead of the arabic!

I think for me its easier to remember i duno how to pronounce that properly

unless someone could post the arabic not in transliterated format please!

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I also found this

Allaahumma 'innee 'asbahtu 'ush-hiduka wa 'ush-hidu hamalata 'arshika, wa malaa'ikataka wajamee'a khalqika, 'annaka 'Antallaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta wahdaka laa shareeka laka, wa 'anna Muhammadan 'abduka wa Rasooluka.

O Allah , I have entered a new morning 1 and call upon You and upon the bearers of Your Throne , upon Your angels and all creation to bear witness that surely You are Allah , there is none worthy of worship but You alone , You have no partners, and that Muhammad is Your slave and Your Messenger . (Recite four times in Arabic.) 2

Reference:
1 When you say this in the evening you should say, Allaahumma 'innee 'amsaytu. . . .: "O Allah, I have ended another day..."
2 "Allah will spare whoever says this four times in the morning or evening from the fire of Hell, " Abu Dawud 4/317. It was also reported by Al-Bukhari in Al-'Adab Al-Mufrad, An-Nasa'i in 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah and Ibn As-Sunni. Nasa'i's and Abu Dawud's chains of transmission are good (Hasan), Ibn Baz, p. 23.

format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1

Is it ok to say the words in english 7 times

instead of the arabic!

I think for me its easier to remember i duno how to pronounce that properly

unless someone could post the arabic not in transliterated format please!

sorry sis, i really tried lookin but fayramna in arabic...

:wasalamex

Pk_#2
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM

Ami *sad* :(

Anyone please!?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1

Ami *sad* :(

Anyone please!?

just say

"Allaa Hummaa Ajjirnee Minannnaaaar"

thats how i say it

sry...

Pk_#2
03-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Ima get sis Amirah to write it our for me

But i wana say it like dis ..

No never mind !

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-23-2007, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

Al-Harith ibn Muslim at-Tamimi said, "The Prophet said to me, 'When you pray Subh, say seven times before speaking, 'O Allah, protect me from the Fire.' If you die on that day, Allah will write for you protection from the Fire. When you pray Maghrib, say seven times before speaking, 'O Allah, protect me from the Fire.' If you die that night, Allah will write for you protection from the Fire.'

(an-Nasa'i, and Abu Dawud)

SubhanAllah! JazakAllah khayr. Do you know how that hadith is graded?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

SubhanAllah! JazakAllah khayr. Do you know how that hadith is graded?
reported by both nasa'i and abu dawud and i've heard it in quite a few lectures.

Allahu a'lam.

all i can say to your question is laa adree

noodles
03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Anyone find it a little astonishing that it says to say it seven times and that there are seven levels of hell. Perhaps it is to protect us from all seven stages.

So, Conclusion, make sure you say it ATLEAST 7 times

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
Anyone find it a little astonishing that it says to say it seven times and that there are seven levels of hell. Perhaps it is to protect us from all seven stages.

So, Conclusion, make sure you say it ATLEAST 7 times
clever :) lol i didnt see that

- Qatada -
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
The hadeeth about saying “Allaahumma ajirni min al-naar” seven times

Question:
Has it beem authentically narrated that one should say 'allahumma ajirni min annar', seven times after fajr and maghrib prayers?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

This hadeeth was narrated by Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad, 17362, and by Abu Dawood, 5079. The hadeeth is as follows:

It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you pray Fajr, then say before speaking to any of the people, ‘Allaahumma ajirni min al-naar (O Allaah, protect me from the Fire)’ seven times. Then if you die on that day, Allaah will grant you protection from the Fire. And when you pray Maghrib, then say before speaking to any of the people, ‘Allaahumma inni as’aluka al-jannah, Allaahumma ajirni min al-naar (O Allaah, I ask You for Paradise, O Allaah, protect me from the Fire)’ seven times. Then if you die that night, Allaah will grant you protection from the Fire.”

Two things may be noted about the hadeeth.

1. It does not say that this du’aa’ is to be said after ‘Isha’, as mentioned in the question.

2. The hadeeth is not saheeh in its narration from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). See al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him), 1624.

Based on this, it is not mustahabb to recite this du’aa’ after Fajr and Maghrib prayers.

3. It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever asks Allaah for Paradise three times, Paradise will say, ‘O Allaah, admit him to Paradise.’ Whoever seeks protection from the Fire three times, Hell will say, ‘O Allaah, protect him from the Fire.’”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2572; Ibn Maajah, 4340. This is a saheeh hadeeth; it was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6275).

But there is nothing to state that this should be recited in conjunction with any particular prayer, or at any particular time.

It is mustahabb for the believer to ask Allaah for Paradise a great deal, and to seek protection from Hell a great deal, without saying such words in conjunction with any particular prayer, or at any particular time.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Talha777
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't know why people don't utilize sajda to make supplication and earnest prayer to Allah Taala.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.