/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question of proper manners

don532
03-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Please excuse such a basic question, but I want only to be proper in my behavior here. I noticed posts beginning with a greeting and ending with wishing peace. I thought that was sort of a formality that I should do, but I get the feeling from reading recent posts such a beginning and end to a post seems to connotate the idea of being a brother with the reader. Is it proper and expected to write posts in this manner, or as a Christian should I not do that? Or are we brothers in Adam and it's proper?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-21-2007, 03:32 AM
The greeting you see in Arabic :sl: is (peace be upon you)... and I see you writing that in most of your posts anyway-- so if you wished-- you can just write it in Arabic! --nothing wrong with wishing peace upon people who seek it and wish to receive it ... Having impeccable manners is a quality of the righteous insh'Allah.......
:)
:w:

don532
03-21-2007, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
The greeting you see in Arabic :sl: is (peace be upon you)... and I see you writing that in most of your posts anyway-- so if you wished-- you can just write it in Arabic! --nothing wrong with wishing peace upon people who seek it and wish to receive it ... Having impeccable manners is a quality of the righteous insh'Allah.......
:)
Thank you for your guidance. I want to have proper manners in the company we share here. I don't know how to write the Arabic letters. Another thing I need to learn.

peace be upon you

جوري
03-21-2007, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by don532
Thank you for your guidance. I want to have proper manners in the company we share here. I don't know how to write the Arabic letters. Another thing I need to learn.

peace be upon you
:sl:
you are in luck... I found these sites on here... you know I have a Lebanese friend who speaks Arabic but can't write it... what a shame.... you are actually showing more initiative than some Arabic/ Muslim native speakers I know..... you should cut yourself some slack-- May G-D guide you to the path of the righteous Insha'Allah (Ameen)

http://www.madinaharabic.com/Arabic_..._%20Course.htm

http://www.madinaharabic.com/Arabic_...Lesson_001.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.