/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can muslims donate blood??

muslimah_786
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
hi, i just want to knw if muslims can donate blood, because i found out that donating organs is haram is it the same with blood?? can some1 like give quotes or something to back it up!
thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
As far as i know, there is nothing wrong with donating blood.

I give blood every few months.

I've not heard any scholars say anything against it, so as far as i know.... as far as i am concerned, there is nothing wrong with it. unless someone can prove to me that there is sin associated with donating blood..?

muslimah_786
03-21-2007, 12:01 PM
thanks brother for your information, its really helped!

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Alhumduliliah that's really good to know because I have a very rare blood type

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hyuio
04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
There used to be a Muslim at the place where I worked. He seemed to think that it was frowned upon. I am a blood donor myself hence how the topic came up at work.
I do know that blood doning within the Indian asian community in general in the UK is low. A lad I used to work with at another company set up a charity to try and get more Indians to give blood, mainly because a freind of his had luekemia and Asian donators were better for him, but there was a lack of them.

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Well the way I see it is you give blood to save a life and that act itself will let you into heven...

Insh'Allah what will happen :D

SirZubair
04-04-2007, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadijah79
Well the way I see it is you give blood to save a life and that act itself will let you into heven...
Insha'allah, ALlah swt might allow you to enter heaven because of your good intentions, but if i was you, i wouldn't get my hopes up too high :)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
:sl:

Brothers and sisters of Islam...take to look at this link: http://www.themodernreligion.com/mis...-donation.html

:w:

Sister of Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.